PDA

View Full Version : DeRozan Sat in Jack in the Box Parking Lot for Two Hours

Dverde
11-12-2018, 01:35 PM
We traded you to the Spurs...

“I sat in the Jack in the Box parking lot for, like, two hours just trying to process it all, like just trying to process the whole thing, and it just tripped me out honestly, just trying to figure it out, but that's how I found out. Midnight, sitting in the Jack in the Box parking lot for about two hours till I went home."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2805346-demar-derozans-wake-up-call?share=other

illusioNtEk
11-12-2018, 01:47 PM
Does it matter what parking lot he was at?

marinoman
11-12-2018, 01:54 PM
Horrible reporting. They didn’t even tell yah what he ordered. Ima go with the late night munchie meal the spicy nacho cheese chicken sandwich

Mirrornick
11-12-2018, 01:55 PM
Can't say it enough, I'm so glad he went to spend his prime years in San Antonio. Couldn't ask for a better team. I always low key respected the Spurs for the longest time and now I get to follow them every day.

timvp
11-12-2018, 02:01 PM
Horrible reporting. They didn’t even tell yah what he ordered. Ima go with the late night munchie meal the spicy nacho cheese chicken sandwich

Nah, it had to be a midnight cheesecake run.

BatManu20
11-12-2018, 02:11 PM
Only went home after 2 hours because Jack in the Crack gave him explosive diarrhea tbh.

Dverde
11-12-2018, 02:34 PM
Guy is loyal to the ghetto life. Jack in the box gotta be the worse burger franchise. Only poor people have any business eating there. I wonder how many dealers knocked on his car during the two hours.

phxspurfan
11-12-2018, 02:46 PM
Fake news. I used to spend an hour a day there after school waiting for the bus before going to West Telemarketing lol

99c frosty FTW!

ECOV
11-12-2018, 02:50 PM
Guy is loyal to the ghetto life. Jack in the box gotta be the worse burger franchise. Only poor people have any business eating there. I wonder how many dealers knocked on his car during the two hours.

Lol you don't sound any better troll

spurs1990
11-12-2018, 02:57 PM
Jack has really decent dollar value tacos, and the sourdough Jack is probably one of the most unique and tasty burgers among the chains. I'd almost say it's a race between that and the Big Mac as your basic go-to bite when you are really hungry.

In addition they tend either be open very late (not dissimilar to Taco Bell in some areas), or even serve hot food 24 hours - like a burger version of Taco Cabana. I mean just a slightly less stellar burger version. I'd enter Whataburger in a level just above.

DeRozon seems like a really down to earth normal guy from these various stories we hear about him. Who knows his entire second half career wise could be here. If that ends up to be the case then the alliance was very mutually beneficial.

HarlemHeat37
11-12-2018, 03:08 PM

It was midnight on a Wednesday and he probably didn't want to be around people..do you think every single piece of food that rich people eat comes from high-end restaurants?:lol

SnakeBoy
11-12-2018, 03:18 PM
Must have been hard on him because he didn't know that he had just been upgraded to Whataburger.

RD2191
11-12-2018, 03:54 PM
It was midnight on a Wednesday and he probably didn't want to be around people..do you think every single piece of food that rich people eat comes from high-end restaurants?:lol

Isn't that fat fuck Trump addicted to fast food? :lol

Keepin' it real
11-12-2018, 04:45 PM
He was having trouble ordering:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nMa5c_uF-M

phxspurfan
11-12-2018, 04:52 PM

That's actually a misnomer / misconception that only poor people eat fast food. In fact, studies (fake news link below :lol) link fast food usage to higher/middle class incomes, where people "too busy" to make food for themselves eat at these places because they have enough income to afford to spend money eating out at many meals. Where in fact, most of the extremely poor get food from food banks/pantries or low cost grocery, and make many of their meals from food from the grocery. As when you have 100 or 150-200 or less to spend on groceries for a family for a month, why spend $6 on a fast food burger for 1 when you can buy a loaf of bread for 99c/$2 and have sandwiches/soups for a week (or a few days when you have kids).

Also I'm not sure if Mickey Ds accepts WIC/Lonestar/food stamps, whereas the grocery generally accepts food stamps.

phxspurfan
11-12-2018, 04:54 PM
He was having trouble ordering:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u8nCvGtGaU

Classic bit! Friend fries?! U wan fountain dreenk?

FkLA
11-12-2018, 05:10 PM
Can he STFU about it already? After the numerous articles, I think we all get that it was hard, unexpected, etc. At some point though, when a reporter approaches him about another one of these stories his answer just needs to be "I'm ready to move on from Toronto, I'm a Spur now". That point has passed.

It's the same regurgitated shit anyways. He didn't even give the Lakers a meeting, he gave Lowry a call first, Rudy a call second, Rudy has really helped him with the transition, he thought the mural was fake, etc.

JPB
11-12-2018, 05:26 PM
Just spent the two hours trying to contact his wife since he didn't know TP would be gone tbh.

phxspurfan
11-12-2018, 05:29 PM
Players of DeRozan's caliber—Olympian, four-time All-Star, two-time All-NBA—work for years to pilot their futures. James, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade put themselves in a position to join forces in Miami. Leonard willed his departure from San Antonio.

Lest anyone forget, the real reason for Kawhi's departure from SA. Regardless of what comes out of His Camp. It was not about Parker. Not about an "injury." It was then and always will be, about years of planning to will himself out of SA. Just like it will be in a year when he bolts Toronto (most likely) and leaves them in a shambles too. After a year of putting on his fake ass face and smile.

AWdX5yH6fyk

Start that at 2:40. All lies.

It still infuriates me, as a true fan of this team.

We made this kid from a raw, non shooter, non playmaker into what he is today, a 2x DPOY and NBA champ. And for that, he left us and ran the entire city, coaching staff (which traded for, trusted and developed him) franchise through the mud. SA should forever hate Kawhi.

Meanwhile, how else can you feel for DeRozan but utter respect. He declared himself for Toronto from jump, and doesn't hesitate to wear his allegiances on his sleeve. And now that he's here, he's doing his thing, despite how he felt about that franchise/city before their shitty ownership dumped him on his face at midnight via a phone call after lying to him.

What a fucking pro.

paperboy77
11-12-2018, 05:37 PM
Fake news. I used to spend an hour a day there after school waiting for the bus before going to West Telemarketing lol
C
99c frosty FTW!

Blast from the past West Telemarketing. Shitload of people from my school worked there at some point.

Chillen
11-12-2018, 06:27 PM
So DeRozan found out he was going to be a Spur at a burger joint (Jack in the box) that alone is cool. I bet he was pretty shocked as I would imagine to learn Raptors traded him and 2 hours can go by pretty fast if you have all those emotions rushing in and out trying to process it all. He was loyal to Toronto all those years so it probably hit him hard. The NBA is a business though and loyalty should matter but owners going to do whats best for franchise.

WallyTiger
11-12-2018, 06:37 PM
Can he STFU about it already? After the numerous articles, I think we all get that it was hard, unexpected, etc. At some point though, when a reporter approaches him about another one of these stories his answer just needs to be "I'm ready to move on from Toronto, I'm a Spur now". That point has passed.

It's the same regurgitated shit anyways. He didn't even give the Lakers a meeting, he gave Lowry a call first, Rudy a call second, Rudy has really helped him with the transition, he thought the mural was fake, etc.

Better than Kwuitter.

james evans
11-12-2018, 08:13 PM
Lest anyone forget, the real reason for Kawhi's departure from SA. Regardless of what comes out of His Camp. It was not about Parker. Not about an "injury." It was then and always will be, about years of planning to will himself out of SA. Just like it will be in a year when he bolts Toronto (most likely) and leaves them in a shambles too. After a year of putting on his fake ass face and smile.

AWdX5yH6fyk

Start that at 2:40. All lies.

It still infuriates me, as a true fan of this team.

We made this kid from a raw, non shooter, non playmaker into what he is today, a 2x DPOY and NBA champ. And for that, he left us and ran the entire city, coaching staff (which traded for, trusted and developed him) franchise through the mud. SA should forever hate Kawhi.

Meanwhile, how else can you feel for DeRozan but utter respect. He declared himself for Toronto from jump, and doesn't hesitate to wear his allegiances on his sleeve. And now that he's here, he's doing his thing, despite how he felt about that franchise/city before their shitty ownership dumped him on his face at midnight via a phone call after lying to him.

What a fucking pro.
U are aware that DeRozan is leaving in 2020 too right? Lol

baseline bum
11-12-2018, 08:21 PM
Must have been hard on him because he didn't know that he had just been upgraded to Whataburger.

Sidegrade tbh

phxspurfan
11-12-2018, 08:27 PM
U are aware that DeRozan is leaving in 2020 too right? Lol

If he leaves, he leaves. No harm no foul if he worked his ass off when he was here, led like he's supposed to given his star status, and came to play (which he's totally doing). I doubt he's going to concoct a shit ton of lies, fake injuries, sit out an entire year while making tens of millions, and blame his leaving on teammates and medical staff making 1/100th of his salary, though. And not say a damn thing to anybody in the process. Then make some stupid fake smile and laugh as he leaves town.

To note, my argument is not about people wanting to work where they want to work. Everyone's free to move about, nothing saying they have to be anywhere. The argument is about a player who constantly lied, breached his contract, and dragged a respected franchise through the mud simply because he was too timid and not courageous enough to speak.

1. When you a sign a contract, that means you play, if able. No excuses. Anything else should void the contract. This is how the world works, and simply being better at a child's game than most others shouldn't change that.

2. Don't lie about not wanting to play somewhere when you can just be up front and say hey, I want to wait to decide in the offseason, weigh my options, etc. This is what many people do, and it's perfectly fine. Those who are upset about players leaving don't understand that it is the players choice and they should have their choice (KD aside bc that was BS, going to a team to front run during your prime, especially when you just got beat from being up 3-1).

edit: the Spurs support staff doesn't even make 1/100th of Kawhi's salary. Closer to 1/1000th.

Arcadian
11-12-2018, 11:10 PM
He had to move from Canada to South Texas. That's quite a move.

Play Boban
11-12-2018, 11:22 PM
Probably spent time in that hell hole just so he could appreciate Whataburger more once he got here tbh.

phxspurfan
11-13-2018, 12:36 AM
Come on guys, this thread has potential. Keep posting. It needs 20 pages of JITB material