PDA

View Full Version : There isn't a single player on this roster that you feel comfortable with taking a shot in the fourth quarter

Amuseddaysleeper
11-13-2018, 12:10 AM
And to add insult to injury the Spurs are spending 50 million a season on two guys who become low efficient chuckers in the fourth quarter.

Blow it up.

SuperCam
11-13-2018, 12:14 AM
that's because PATFO let the last clutch player the Spur had walk:

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--rlZcxhCc--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/xauhbpfxyetkx4xt1rov.jpg

Hoops Czar
11-13-2018, 12:15 AM
It's pretty clear why Toronto was desperate to dump DeRozen's contract. Dude has Ice water in his testicles.

TheGreatYacht
11-13-2018, 12:17 AM

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--rlZcxhCc--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/xauhbpfxyetkx4xt1rov.jpg

Hoops Czar
11-13-2018, 12:17 AM

Parker couldn't save this shit show. He's not a miracle worker.

slick'81
11-13-2018, 12:19 AM
It's pretty clear why Toronto was desperate to dump DeRozen's contract. Dude has Ice water in his testicles.

Maybe lowry was their best player afterall? Still spurs should of never taken poodle ugh

Mirrornick
11-13-2018, 12:30 AM

He had some clutch games this season. It's not like he was shooting the ball the entire time this game. If anything, his role has been reduced last few games to allow Forbes/Mills/White to get theirs.

Hoops Czar
11-13-2018, 12:33 AM
He had some clutch games this season. It's not like he was shooting the ball the entire time this game. If anything, his role has been reduced last few games to allow Forbes/Mills/White to get theirs.
He'd be fine if he was third or fourth best player on the roster. Unfortunately, he's the best. Let that sink in for a second.

phxspurfan
11-13-2018, 12:35 AM
Haven't even watched the game but these are some quality November loss meltdown threads :clap

SpursDynasty85
11-13-2018, 12:36 AM
He'd be fine if he was third or fourth best player on the roster. Unfortunately, he's the best. Let that sink in for a second.

He's elite with the ball in his hands but he is pretty bad spot up shooter. Putting DeRozan back at point and playing White off the ball sounds like a better idea to me.

kaji157
Maybe Manu can still play the last 4 minutes of each game.

Robz4000
Haven't even watched the game but these are some quality November loss meltdown threads :clap

At some point people just have to accept this Spurs team is a bottom feeder. Pop and RC have really lost the plot.

phxspurfan
11-13-2018, 12:37 AM
At some point people just have to accept this Spurs team is a bottom feeder. Pop and RC have really lost the plot.

That's kind of true, but at least we beat Houston and the Fakers!

Hoops Czar
11-13-2018, 12:41 AM
If anything, it makes you appreciate what Kings and Suns fans have been growing through for over a decade and how Spurs fans use to laugh at them for thinking their scrubs were hot shit with future potential. Kind of like how Spurs fans think players like Bertans, Murray, White and Walker are the future here.

TDMVPDPOY
11-13-2018, 12:41 AM
as long patty still on this team chucking up bricks, this team aint going to win games....

tonski17
11-13-2018, 12:46 AM
I think the addition of White back to the roster needs adjustment for some guys especially deRozan since he is comfortable having the ball in his hands and create for the team of for his shots. It will take a lot more games to adjust. I still believe! hehe

phxspurfan
11-13-2018, 12:50 AM
If anything, it makes you appreciate what Kings and Suns fans have been growing through for over a decade and how Spurs fans use to laugh at them for thinking their scrubs were hot shit with future potential. Kind of like how Spurs fans think players like Bertans, Murray, White and Walker are the future here.

This part is true. Can't believe how many times my Phx friends were like "Oh yeah, this kid Len! We STAACKED" or "d00d I <3 Marquese Chriss" etc and I don't want to laugh in their face

JakeCuenca
11-13-2018, 01:12 AM
Man if kawhi was still playing with these bums. :lmao

DAF86
11-13-2018, 01:15 AM
Actually this is the least of our worries. I have no problem with guys like DeRozan, Gay, Mills, Bellinelli, Forbes, Bertans taking 4th quarter shots. In fact, we have a winning record because of guys hitting 4th quarter shots, we could easily have a losing record right now.

The problem comes pretty much everywhere else.

ElNono
11-13-2018, 01:21 AM

John B
11-13-2018, 01:32 AM
This team hasn’t really played that much together tbh. They’ll get better.

BillMc
11-13-2018, 01:37 AM
And to add insult to injury the Spurs are spending 50 million a season on two guys who become low efficient chuckers in the fourth quarter.

Blow it up.

I'd be cool with Rudy or DeMar taking that shot, stats be damned.

vander
11-13-2018, 01:39 AM
Would be pretty cool tbh, they could play some specific music every time he enters the game too, Hype the crowd, get into the opponent's head...

J_Paco
11-13-2018, 02:35 AM

Except the difference is those teams have been wasting away lottery pick after lottery pick while the Spurs have had to build through much, much different means.

Comparing teams and players that have been drafted in the top 5 - 10 range to a team and players acquired much, much later in the draft.

My bad, your the same guy that compared rookie Kawhi to rookie LeBron James/Kevin Durant in another thread. For someone who has followed the team since the 60's/70's, you lack any perspective or thought, apparently, toward their current situation.

Hoops Czar
11-13-2018, 03:23 AM
Except the difference is those teams have been wasting away lottery pick after lottery pick while the Spurs have had to build through much, much different means.

Comparing teams and players that have been drafted in the top 5 - 10 range to a team and players acquired much, much later in the draft.

My bad, your the same guy that compared rookie Kawhi to rookie LeBron James/Kevin Durant in another thread. For someone who has followed the team since the 60's/70's, you lack any perspective or thought, apparently, toward their current situation.

Trump can't build that wall soon enough. This post is proof that you can be both naive and gullible at the same time. Hindsight is 20/20. It's easy to look back after the fact and ridicule teams for making all the wrong pickst, but at the time they were made, you could argue they were the right picks that for whatever reason didn't pan out. The Spurs have had their fair share of wasted draft picks too. Thank god Valencunias was off the board by the times the Spurs made their selection at 15 or you could add RC to the list of GMs who botched draft lottery picks. And you can absolutely find good players at the bottom of the draft. Jimmy Butler, Rudy Gobert, Isaiah Thomas to name a few.

kuato
11-13-2018, 10:20 AM
You don't have Manu on the team anymore.

Mirrornick
11-13-2018, 10:34 AM

he'd be fine if he was surrounded with good players. Unfortunately he is not.

vander
11-13-2018, 10:48 AM
he'd be fine if he was surrounded with good players. Unfortunately he is not.

:lol Mills seemed pretty good when surrounded with HOF players, GTFOH

this team made the playoffs IN THE WEST last year, without KL, and without your boy. in what way is he even helping?

isn't there anything better you could be doing with your time than fanboying for this above average NBA player?

BD24
11-13-2018, 10:51 AM
Derozan has been pretty clutch in crunch time this year tbh. A few bad endings doesn’t change that

Kobe'sAchilles
11-13-2018, 11:22 AM
Murray's loss was huge for this team. He wasn't afraid of the 4th quarter and taking the big shot. I don't know if he would have made them, but his defense and toughness and leadership are sorely missed right now.

RC_Drunkford
11-13-2018, 11:24 AM
one thing I don't understand is why DeRozan seems to not want a pick to be set. A lot of times he choses to go 1-on-1 iso. Has it been like that when he played for the Raptors as well? He also doesn't seem to be an effective spot up shooter. Right now he'd be best in a James Harden type of role

Strategic
11-13-2018, 11:52 AM
No worries. In another 4 years bron will come over on a two year deal.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-13-2018, 12:03 PM
one thing I don't understand is why DeRozan seems to not want a pick to be set. A lot of times he choses to go 1-on-1 iso. Has it been like that when he played for the Raptors as well? He also doesn't seem to be an effective spot up shooter. Right now he'd be best in a James Harden type of role

Yes. He forces up terrible shots, panics, and completely ignores everyone else in crunch time.

Mirrornick
11-13-2018, 12:56 PM
:lol Mills seemed pretty good when surrounded with HOF players, GTFOH

isn't there anything better you could be doing with your time than fanboying for this above average NBA player?

isn't there anything better you could be doing with your time than trashing DeRozan and the spurs. Apply your principles on yourself faggot

bklynspursfan
11-13-2018, 01:46 PM
Derozan has been pretty clutch in crunch time this year tbh. A few bad endings doesn’t change that

Yea. But people don't think logically around here

bklynspursfan
11-13-2018, 01:50 PM

He's had success when he goes iso, backs his guy down quickly, and has the fade away, or spin towards the basket or whatever. Sometimes he gets some good looks, they just didn't fall.

Not a great spot up shooter, but he has his spots where he's comfortable. With White back, I'm hoping they develop some chemistry and they can get DeRozan some easy buckets from off ball screens, cutting to the basket, etc... and what not.

RC_Drunkford
11-13-2018, 02:42 PM
He's had success when he goes iso, backs his guy down quickly, and has the fade away, or spin towards the basket or whatever. Sometimes he gets some good looks, they just didn't fall.

Not a great spot up shooter, but he has his spots where he's comfortable. With White back, I'm hoping they develop some chemistry and they can get DeRozan some easy buckets from off ball screens, cutting to the basket, etc... and what not.

Yeah Pop has to develop some plays for them. Doesn't make a lot of sense to have DeRozan parked in the corner. He should cut, get to some open spots for midranges, etc.

JeffDuncan
11-13-2018, 04:15 PM
Players I'd want to see shooting in the 4th....

Bertans. Ok, so he's a sissy boy, but that sucker can shoot. Problem is, the Spurs team isn't good enough to get him open reliably, or cover for him on defense.

TimmyBuckets
11-13-2018, 06:25 PM
DD needs the ball a lot more. He should be taking 18 a night at the very least. He should have it at all times down the stretch, late 4th. White, Forbes, M$lls, etc should not be touching it at all in clutch time unless its a set play. Like it or not, DD is our guy.

J_Paco
11-13-2018, 07:20 PM
Trump can't build that wall soon enough. This post is proof that you can be both naive and gullible at the same time. Hindsight is 20/20. It's easy to look back after the fact and ridicule teams for making all the wrong pickst, but at the time they were made, you could argue they were the right picks that for whatever reason didn't pan out. The Spurs have had their fair share of wasted draft picks too. Thank god Valencunias was off the board by the times the Spurs made their selection at 15 or you could add RC to the list of GMs who botched draft lottery picks. And you can absolutely find good players at the bottom of the draft. Jimmy Butler, Rudy Gobert, Isaiah Thomas to name a few.

Again, speaking in hypothetical scenarios and questioning using "hindsight" towards lousy teams that can't build winning cultures with high draft picks after high draft pick after high draft pick.

And the Spurs have found good or solid players, actually HOF players in some cases, at the bottom of the draft, in the waiver wire and overseas.

The difference is now their margin of error is down to zero and that won't cut it in terms being elite. That happens when you have a lot turnover in one offseason, lose HOF caliber talent/leadership and are hit with the injury bug.

TDomination
11-13-2018, 08:46 PM

This.

SouthTexasRancher
11-14-2018, 12:04 AM
I don't have any problem with DeMar DeRozan, LaMarcus Aldridge, Rudy Gay, Marco Bellinelli and even Patty Mills, if he has been hot in the 2nd half. LaMarcus just needs to get his touch back while working with the new guys. By the rodeo road trip I expect us to be a pretty good team that just might surprise in the playoffs. Presently we look like not everyone is on the same page. Too much hesitation and then we get clogged up in the paint. But, losing so much on defense in the off season we definitely need to improve here. And I don't know how much we can with some players who have never played 'D' in their life.

John B
11-14-2018, 12:11 AM
We had good team defense last year. But the same problem despite LMA all-nba he wasn’t a closer, hence we relinquished the lead and ultimately won 47 only instead of mid 50’s tbh, losing in the last quarter. I was hoping DeKobe would be that. White seems confident also.

jbspurs
11-14-2018, 02:45 AM
He's elite with the ball in his hands but he is pretty bad spot up shooter. Putting DeRozan back at point and playing White off the ball sounds like a better idea to me.

I totally agree, DeRozan is more effective running the offense, creating open shots for teammates.

iGetbuckets
11-14-2018, 10:50 AM
This team wouldn’t be good until Mills is gone .

its unbelievable how he still gets so many mins

Mirrornick
11-14-2018, 10:56 AM
This team wouldn’t be good until Mills is gone .

its unbelievable how he still gets so many mins

Forbes and Mills are not true point guards , yet they are always going to look for their own shots and that will be stagnate the offense with DD and LMA watching. They're literally shooting guards in a point guards body.

iGetbuckets
11-14-2018, 01:23 PM
Forbes and Mills are not true point guards , yet they are always going to look for their own shots and that will be stagnate the offense with DD and LMA watching. They're literally shooting guards in a point guards body.

Yup they’re pretty much the same player .

its unbelievable how Pop and RC thought it was good idea to have both on the same roster

Drom John
11-14-2018, 04:47 PM
Small sample warning, but:
NBA.com Clutch stats

Bertans 100% FG, 100% 3P
White 100% FG, 100% 3P
Gay 75 % FG, 100% 3P
Mills 67% FG, 50% 3P
DeRozan 45% FG, 100% FT

NBA has 20 players with 100% clutch FG. Spurs only have 2 of them

NBA has 19 players with 100% clutch 3P. Spurs only have 3 of them.

Me, I'm comfortable with the open man, all five above and adding in Aldridge, Forbes and Gasol.

OK, Belinelli makes me squirm and I'm not confident with Cunningham.

Darius Bieber
11-14-2018, 08:16 PM
I’d only trust maybe Rudy Gay tbh.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-14-2018, 10:40 PM
This team is shit my god :lmao

r0drig0lac
11-15-2018, 06:18 AM

bu bu bu but Popovich did everything he could with that roster (that he's the ONLY responsible)

Hoops Czar
11-15-2018, 06:28 AM

bu bu bu but Popovich did everything he could with that roster (that he's the ONLY responsible)