PDA

View Full Version : 76ers: markelle fultz

Kyle_Kuzma
11-13-2018, 10:49 AM
what's up wit this kid? there's rumors suggesting that he has tourette's :lol like he probably tries super hard to control it during the game, but its hard when releasing the ball as it activates some type of nerve...

and y'all slander zo like he useless out there :lol

Killakobe81
11-13-2018, 11:11 AM
Man I don't root aginst the kid, unlike most, I don't care if he is better than or busts harder than Lonzo.
Both are young and deserve some patience. Just tough when playing with stars like Embiid or LeBron to be patient.
Both would probably be better off elsewhere long-term.

That being said, I watched him play in the Pac 12 vs Lonzo, Kuzma and others and I thought he looked good not great.
I watched plenty of Tatum, Zo (and Mitchell) and to me Tatum was the only one that jumped off the screen as a sure-firepotential star.
I still love Lonzo's vision, Mitchell is the best athlete ... but where Philly messed up was by trading a pick to take Fultz when Ainge was taking Tatum anyways.

Dumb move.

Kyle_Kuzma
11-13-2018, 11:19 AM
Man I don't root aginst the kid, unlike most, I don't care if he is better than or busts harder than Lonzo.
Both are young and deserve some patience. Just tough when playing with stars like Embiid or LeBron to be patient.
Both would probably be better off elsewhere long-term.

That being said, I watched him play in the Pac 12 vs Lonzo, Kuzma and others and I thought he looked good not great.
I watched plenty of Tatum, Zo (and Mitchell) and to me Tatum was the only one that jumped off the screen as a sure-firepotential star.
I still love Lonzo's vision, Mitchell is the best athlete ... but where Philly messed up was by trading a pick to take Fultz when Ainge was taking Tatum anyways.

Dumb move.
phill can't draft period. even embiid is a ticking time bomb with history of potential career ending injuries.

i think zo will be good in another young team, where he can just ball with low expectations to build that confidence up. ball in phoenix, chicago would be amazing

Killakobe81
11-13-2018, 11:22 AM
phill can't draft period. even embiid is a ticking time bomb with history of potential career ending injuries.

I worry about that too. That is why Philly wnet with a win now move. I think they even know that ...
I would not offer a super max to him or Porzingis, tbh.
Joel is ballin' but I don't trust it completely

We will also see if Jimmy B was the issue why KAT is not living up to his ... and his impact on the Sixers.

Kyle_Kuzma
11-13-2018, 11:27 AM
I worry about that too. That is why Philly wnet with a win now move. I think they even know that ...
I would not offer a super max to him or Porzingis, tbh.
Joel is ballin' but I don't trust it completely

We will also see if Jimmy B was the issue why KAT is not living up to his ... and his impact on the Sixers.

i think jimmy b and a young squad is a volatile mix. he did the same in chicago, in minny...so.

jb will definitely break markelle...its best to trade him now.

Kobe'sAchilles
11-13-2018, 12:47 PM
Lonzo getting hurt in the off-season was horrible timing for him. He didn't really improve his game. And now Luke is toying with his mind by playing Rondo more minutes. Lonzo needs the reps period.
Fultz needs so much work mentally that you wonder how the hell he aced EVERY single one of his workouts. Even the Lakers wanted him. Dude needs a shot Dr in the worst kind a way and also a patient coach. He has 1 for 2 in Philly and I can't think of any team that has both.
Tatum got ruined by Kyrie and Gordon getting hurt. He was forced to expand his game and take a larger role and then immediately lessen his role the next year. Its consistency in his game that he needs. Also 1 of the ways he was ruined is now that he was forced to expand his game, teams have a lot of film on him now and know his tendencies and weaknesses. They also gameplay for him where as if both Kyrie and Gordon were healthy, nobody would game plan for him and he could grow slowly. Much like how Kawhi did on the Spurs. Stop Tony, Tim, and Manu and not focus on Kawhi.

11-13-2018, 12:57 PM
He still can't lift his shoulder, looks like he needs to see a neurologist.

Killakobe81
11-13-2018, 01:01 PM
Lonzo getting hurt in the off-season was horrible timing for him. He didn't really improve his game. And now Luke is toying with his mind by playing Rondo more minutes. Lonzo needs the reps period.
Fultz needs so much work mentally that you wonder how the hell he aced EVERY single one of his workouts. Even the Lakers wanted him. Dude needs a shot Dr in the worst kind a way and also a patient coach. He has 1 for 2 in Philly and I can't think of any team that has both.
Tatum got ruined by Kyrie and Gordon getting hurt. He was forced to expand his game and take a larger role and then immediately lessen his role the next year. Its consistency in his game that he needs. Also 1 of the ways he was ruined is now that he was forced to expand his game, teams have a lot of film on him now and know his tendencies and weaknesses. They also gameplay for him where as if both Kyrie and Gordon were healthy, nobody would game plan for him and he could grow slowly. Much like how Kawhi did on the Spurs. Stop Tony, Tim, and Manu and not focus on Kawhi.

1. agree 100% People forget he spent most of the summer in the weight room not in the "lab" which even if you feel he cn perfect his unorthodox shot he needed to add the floaters, flips etc cant do that when you cant be on your ailing knee.
2. Fultz probably needs a change. The more Tatum succeeds and Fultz struggles the more heat he will get especially if Celts nab a decent player with that extra pick ...
3. Tatum will be fine. Ingram has a similar issue they both need to learn to play better off ball with better players. I just feel more confident that Tatum will figure it out regardless and for Ingram it depends on the 2nd start the Lakers bring in ... if he is ball dominant Ingram will probably need to be dealt, unless he can be more effective off ball. Kuzma is not more talented than BI but KK knows how to play without the ball ...plus he is more "fluid" than Ingram. BI has better vision and length.

Killakobe81
11-13-2018, 01:06 PM
And if we gonna throw stones at Fultz, Ball Tatum ... Lets talk about a guy my boy DPG (and others including Lakers fans on LG)) insisted is better than any of those guys (well maybe not Tatum but i think deeps said he liked him better than Jaylen, fultz, Ingram: Josh Jackson

Still early, but ...

Jackson has been abysmal. He’s shooting 25 percent from 3, 47.1 percent from the line, and averaging more turnovers (2.7) and fouls (2.4) than assists (1.5) and rebounds (2.0). Suns head coach Igor Kokoskov has decreased Jackson’s role because he has other young players more deserving of opportunity. It’s not just that Jackson, 21, has been slow to develop on offense. It’s that his defense, a defining trait that made him a top prospect, has been equally disastrous.

At Kansas, Jackson was an energetic defender who dove for loose balls, fought through screens, rebounded, and never gave up on plays. That hasn’t been the case with the Suns. Jackson has lost his discipline; he too often reaches and falls out of his stance, which opens the door for ball handlers to blow by him on their way to the rim.

He makes Lonzo and Fultz look like Steph and Klay (exaggerating, but still)

Kobe'sAchilles
11-13-2018, 01:49 PM
And if we gonna throw stones at Fultz, Ball Tatum ... Lets talk about a guy my boy DPG (and others including Lakers fans on LG)) insisted is better than any of those guys (well maybe not Tatum but i think deeps said he liked him better than Jaylen, fultz, Ingram: Josh Jackson

Still early, but ...

Jackson has been abysmal. He’s shooting 25 percent from 3, 47.1 percent from the line, and averaging more turnovers (2.7) and fouls (2.4) than assists (1.5) and rebounds (2.0). Suns head coach Igor Kokoskov has decreased Jackson’s role because he has other young players more deserving of opportunity. It’s not just that Jackson, 21, has been slow to develop on offense. It’s that his defense, a defining trait that made him a top prospect, has been equally disastrous.

At Kansas, Jackson was an energetic defender who dove for loose balls, fought through screens, rebounded, and never gave up on plays. That hasn’t been the case with the Suns. Jackson has lost his discipline; he too often reaches and falls out of his stance, which opens the door for ball handlers to blow by him on their way to the rim.

He makes Lonzo and Fultz look like Steph and Klay (exaggerating, but still)

I forgot all about him lol. It's funny bc people on Spurstalk wanted to trade LMA for him and I was like why lol he's garbage. If you don't have an expert shooting coach then don't draft someone who can't shoot. Seems to be pretty simple (unless you draft an amazingly fast and athletic point guard like wall, Westbrook, rose, etc).
Nobody plays defense anymore in today's NBA so drafting a guy in the top 5 bc he might be a good defender is stupid. You bring in Vets for that role bc they are fighting for their livelihood. You don't bring in rookies who have that mindset on a young team bc they will learn the bad habits from their peers. Sun's have no leadership and no plan going forward. At least Boston, Philly, and LA have a plan and leadership

DMC
11-13-2018, 02:08 PM
Like Barkley's golf swing.

He could have an issue with motor functions. I'd hesitate making fun of the guy for at least a year or two. Would suck to have a history of doing that only to have him go Hank Gathers in the middle of a game.

Killakobe81
11-13-2018, 02:15 PM
I forgot all about him lol. It's funny bc people on Spurstalk wanted to trade LMA for him and I was like why lol he's garbage. If you don't have an expert shooting coach then don't draft someone who can't shoot. Seems to be pretty simple (unless you draft an amazingly fast and athletic point guard like wall, Westbrook, rose, etc).
Nobody plays defense anymore in today's NBA so drafting a guy in the top 5 bc he might be a good defender is stupid. You bring in Vets for that role bc they are fighting for their livelihood. You don't bring in rookies who have that mindset on a young team bc they will learn the bad habits from their peers. Sun's have no leadership and no plan going forward. At least Boston, Philly, and LA have a plan and leadership

Great points but Spurs do have a great shooting coach but JJ never looked to me as good as Wiggins at Kansas who was underwhelming he hustled and dunked but his skills were mediocre to me.

phxspurfan
11-13-2018, 03:17 PM
I shook my head watching all the videos stating clearly he was the #1 that year. I didn't see it in his play even in college. Would much rather put Lonzo or Tatum, Fox or even Markannen at #1 pre draft than him. That's not even to mention da real MVP of that draft, Donovan Mitchell.

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/markelle-fultz

NBA Comparison: James Harden/D'Angelo Russell

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Like this video, I watched it and was like what... is he smoking

jHYCFBASl_4

Killakobe81
11-13-2018, 03:20 PM
I shook my head watching all the videos stating clearly he was the #1 that year. I didn't see it in his play even in college. Would much rather put Lonzo or Tatum, Fox or even Markannen at #1 pre draft than him. That's not even to mention da real MVP of that draft, Donovan Mitchell.

jHYCFBASl_4

I like Mitcghell and so far he has been the best player ... but I am still in the Tatum camp, same as I was pre-draft.
At least you only passed on Mitchell, Markannen, Kuzma DSJr
Sixers traded up to miss ...

StrengthAndHonor
11-13-2018, 04:05 PM
Like Barkley's golf swing.

He could have an issue with motor functions. I'd hesitate making fun of the guy for at least a year or two. Would suck to have a history of doing that only to have him go Hank Gathers in the middle of a game.
An epiphany moment? Wow, good job DMC. That’s a start.

Spurtacular
11-14-2018, 04:50 AM
what's up wit this kid? there's rumors suggesting that he has tourette's :lol like he probably tries super hard to control it during the game, but its hard when releasing the ball as it activates some type of nerve...

A lot of kids act like this these days. Their attention ploys have been rewarded enough that it's frankly relatively sensible actions.

Spurtacular
11-14-2018, 04:55 AM

jHYCFBASl_4

He doesn't even seem like as good as Tyreke Evans who was 4 or 5 pick in his draft.

MI21
11-14-2018, 05:53 AM

jHYCFBASl_4

Shot mechanics like Klay Thompson... :lol

11-14-2018, 12:43 PM
Fultz was a beast in college. There was no way to know he would have a debilitating shoulder injury.

Killakobe81
11-14-2018, 01:18 PM
Fultz was a beast in college. There was no way to know he would have a debilitating shoulder injury.

Beast?!
His team sucked and he finished the year injured not playing...

DAF86
11-14-2018, 02:36 PM
He has a mental blockage. There are many examples of this in life. Folks that completely choke when having to talk in public, folks that would be hard 99% of the time and when it's time to be in bed with a girl can't get it up, people that would freeze when seeing a spider or rat.

And yeah, in sports too. An Argentine tennis player named Coria, who was as high as number 3 in the World, changed his service motion and suddenly he started double faulting every single time, went back to his old montion but by that time it was too late, his brain was already poisoned. The exact same thing is happening with Fultz. The brain is the most powerful muscle of all.

RsxPiimp
11-15-2018, 10:34 AM
He has a mental blockage. There are many examples of this in life. Folks that completely choke when having to talk in public, folks that would be hard 99% of the time and when it's time to be in bed with a girl can't get it up, people that would freeze when seeing a spider or rat.

And yeah, in sports too. An Argentine tennis player named Coria, who was as high as number 3 in the World, changed his service motion and suddenly he started double faulting every single time, went back to his old montion but by that time it was too late, his brain was already poisoned. The exact same thing is happening with Fultz. The brain is the most powerful muscle of all.

yeah, that’s a good observation. like lonzo, they appear to crumble under pressure in certain circumstances.

spurraider21
11-15-2018, 01:31 PM

The brain is not a muscle.

DAF86
11-15-2018, 02:00 PM
The brain is not a muscle.

It is in my metaphor.

12-04-2018, 05:18 PM
He still can't lift his shoulder, looks like he needs to see a neurologist.1070073958949679110

Clipper Nation
12-04-2018, 05:28 PM
Damn, even a guy with Neurogenic Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (whatever the fuck that is) is still better than a healthy L:lolnz:lol.

HarlemHeat37
12-04-2018, 05:31 PM
Damn, even a guy with Neurogenic Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (whatever the fuck that is) is still better than a healthy L:lolnz:lol.

:lol

KobeScored81
12-04-2018, 06:26 PM
Feel bad for the guy.

hater
12-04-2018, 07:02 PM
:lmao motherfucker visited 10 doctors till they diagnosed him with a fatball injury :lmao

Mute Cancer v2.0

Called dat shit :tu

Raven
12-04-2018, 07:05 PM
well this explains a lot... what's lonzo's excuse

baseline bum
12-04-2018, 07:38 PM
:lmao motherfucker visited 10 doctors till they diagnosed him with a fatball injury :lmao

Mute Cancer v2.0

Called dat shit :tu

Probably went to Kawhi's doctor.

Killakobe81
12-05-2018, 09:20 AM
well this explains a lot... what's lonzo's excuse

If we playing the excuse card, he has also been injured but unlike Fultz has played through it ...