PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Shoals - doc review!

SpursforSix
11-13-2018, 11:27 AM
RGMCSE recommenced this in another thread somewhere. This was another one of those that I kept meaning to watch. I think it used to be on Prime or Netflix but I had to rent it for a couple of bucks.

Documents the creation and rise of the music recording scene in a small town (Muscle Shoals) on the Tennessee River.

A guy who grew up in the country (Rick Hall) opened a studio called Fame. Which quickly became a preferred place to record due to the local studio musicians that would play on the records.
Some of the biggest names in soul and rock recorded there. Eventually, a few of his studio musicians opened their own studio in Muscle Shoals which also became very successful.

Interviews with several artists that recorded there. Percy Sledge, Wilson Pickett, Jagger, Aretha.

If you like music docs, this one if up there.

8/10

JohnnyD
11-13-2018, 03:35 PM
Saw that long ago, a must see for anyone into soul, R&B.

After watching the flick I recommend giving.....

Solomon Burke
Wilson Pickett
James Carr
Lee Dorsey
Percy Sledge
Aretha Franklin
Howard Tate
Rufus Thomas
Otis Redding

....a listen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_Shoals_Sound_Studio

DMC
11-14-2018, 11:41 PM
^He's right back to doing the fuckin' lists.

JohnnyD
11-14-2018, 11:56 PM
^He's right back to doing the fuckin' lists.

If you have a better way of recommending what artists need to be listed to what is it?

DMC
11-15-2018, 12:09 AM
No one asked you for a recommendation, still there's your list again.

JohnnyD
11-15-2018, 12:15 AM
No one asked you for a recommendation, still there's your list again.

So sharing the experience I have with music is a bad thing? I'm thrilled when others turn me on to things I wasn't aware of. I learned about Ray Wylie Hubbard, Calvin Russell and Jackie Shane from posters on the internet.

Pavlov
11-15-2018, 12:31 AM
If you have a better way of recommending what artists need to be listed to what is it?No one asked for your recommendations.

JohnnyD
11-15-2018, 12:34 AM
No one asked for your recommendations.

Why not do what I did and talk about music instead of worrrying about posters?

Pavlov
11-15-2018, 12:36 AM
Why not do what I did and talk about music instead of worrrying about posters?Why are you worried about other posters?

JohnnyD
11-15-2018, 12:48 AM
Why are you worried about other posters?

Talk about the topic of the thread Pavlov. What's your take on the music from Muscle Shoals?

Pavlov
11-15-2018, 12:52 AM
Talk about the topic of the thread Pavlov. What's your take on the music from Muscle Shoals?Why are you worried about what I post?

JohnnyD
11-15-2018, 12:56 AM
Why are you worried about what I post?

Here you are in a thread about Muscle Shoals....why?

Pavlov
11-15-2018, 12:58 AM
Here you are in a thread about Muscle Shoals....why?Because your useless lists.

Why are you worried about what and where I post?

JohnnyD
11-15-2018, 01:09 AM
Because your useless lists.

I love for people who know about things to share. If I can pick up something I'm getting all I can and saying...thank you.

I love to share what has taken me years to accumulate.

Pavlov
11-15-2018, 01:14 AM
I love for people who know about things to share. If I can pick up something I'm getting all I can and saying...thank you.

I love to share what has taken me years to accumulate.Why are you worried about what and where I post?

JohnnyD
11-15-2018, 01:30 AM

I'm sorry, I apologize. Go for it do whatever you want, we should all be able to do our thing....right?

DMC
11-15-2018, 09:49 AM
I'm sorry, I apologize. Go for it do whatever you want, we should all be able to do our thing....right?

Pav and I should, but you're banned.

JohnnyD
11-15-2018, 12:25 PM
Pav and I should, but you're banned.

I'm jut an outlaw,