PDA

View Full Version : Packers: Green might be done in Green Bay

Horry For 3!
10-25-2005, 02:15 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-packersgreenmightbed&prov=fanball&type=lgns

News
Injured running back Ahman Green may have played his final game with the Packers. He will become a free agent at the end of the season, but his torn quadriceps tendon will likely prevent him from even working out with teams until around the time training camps open, at the earliest. Asked Monday whether Green might have played his last game as a Packer, general manager Ted Thompson sidestepped the question: "It hasn't been a thought of mine," Thompson told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "You hate to lose a player to injury, certainly someone of Ahman's caliber. The priority now is to make sure he gets healthy."

Views
No, the priority now is to make sure you figure out which running back you want to take in the first round of the draft next year. At this rate the Packers will have a high pick, and this will be a deep draft for backs. Green will be 29 in February and was showing obvious signs of wearing down before tearing his quad tendon. This is a very serious injury, and there has to be some doubt whether he will come back at nearly the same level.

Horry For 3!
10-25-2005, 02:15 PM
It looks like the Packers need Reggie Bush.

slayermin
10-25-2005, 07:25 PM
It looks like the Packers need Reggie Bush.

I can see it now. Mike Martz is let go by the Rams and joins the Packers as offensive coordinator. Packers draft Bush. Favre returns for another season. That might work.

Boo
10-25-2005, 07:39 PM
I can see it now. Mike Martz is let go by the Rams and joins the Packers as offensive coordinator. Packers draft Bush. Favre returns for another season. That might work.

are u a vikes fan

ABDENOUR POWER
10-25-2005, 09:12 PM
Stupid Green, he did nothing for me in Fantasy Football this year. Why did I ever get him on my team... :bang

Horry For 3!
10-25-2005, 09:45 PM
Stupid Green, he did nothing for me in Fantasy Football this year. Why did I ever get him on my team... :bang
:lmao I knew he wasn't goin to do much and plus he has been hurt a lot. I picked him up off of waiver wire last week and played him against the Vikings but he didn't do much for me but good thing I still won. I picked up Droughens for this week, Browns play the Texans.