PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp, Romance, a Tornado & free league pass

Spurzilla
10-25-2005, 03:00 PM
Jeanne Jakle: Spurs fans can Sneak a Peek at Training
Web Posted: 10/25/2005 12:00 AM CDTSan Antonio Express-News

link (http://www.mysanantonio.com/entertainment/columnists/jjackle/stories/MYSA102505.1P.jakle.2526f3.html)

Magazines such as People might be focusing on the romantic side of the Spurs' Virgin Islands-set training camp — Eva and Tony smooching in their swimsuits — but sports fans can take in the meat of the team's basketball preparations in a TV special later this week. Mark your calendar for 6 p.m. Friday for a 30-minute special that will take you inside the team's training camp. It's on NBA TV — Time Warner Channel 205 on the digital tier. Fans will get an extensive look at the team's preparations for the new season: daily workouts, training sessions and lots of other aspects. The Spurs' edition of "Real Training Camp" is the capper to the channel's monthlong look at all 30 NBA training camps.

Back to Tony and Eva .... Do you, like me, find yourself longing for the time when the two were more aloof about their romance?

Sexy shots of the San Antonio Spur and "Desperate Housewives" star kissing and canoodling (don't you just hate that word?) on the island of St. Thomas are plastered on magazine covers and inside pages everywhere these days: People, Life & Style, Inside TV, on and on.

Just as eyes now roll over other overexposed celeb stories, such as those of Tom and Katie and Brad and Angelina — this relationship hype is hitting the saturation point.

I especially hate misleading headlines like the one on the cover of last week's Inside TV. It blared: "Eva's getting engaged!" Of course, there was nothing concrete in the article that supported the announcement.

In fact, Longoria's publicity office in Los Angeles stated Monday that, though Parker and the actress are in "a monogamous relationship," there are no plans at this time for marriage.

'Tornado' Ginobili

Manu, "The Tornado"? That's the name of Ginobili's superhero in a new campaign promoting the NBA's pay-per-channels, NBA League Pass. In the spots, players famous for their intensity, fortitude and determination morph into various superheroes. Ginobili becomes "The Tornado." LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers becomes "The King," and Vince Carter of New Jersey becomes "Vinsanity."

The new ads can be seen on ABC, TNT, ESPN, NBA TV and other sports channels.

By the way, Time Warner's digital subscribers will get a basketball treat starting Nov. 1. They can enjoy a free, weeklong (Nov. 1-8) preview of both NBA TV and NBA League Pass (channels 600-611). Games, commentary, interviews — anything and everything basketball-related — will be available.

Summers
10-25-2005, 03:08 PM
I hope I'm wrong, but I think we're sharing that half-hour with the Pistons. Meaning it'll just be a little 15-minute look at a practice or something. Don't get me wrong, I'll watch it, but I didn't want anyone to get their hopes up.

lilmads
10-25-2005, 03:16 PM
I don't have NBA TV...:(
I'm still gonna try to check it it works on Friday...
And about Tony, yeah the pictures were online since it happened. I can't wait to go pick up some trashy magazines to read about them!:)

Spurzilla
10-25-2005, 03:28 PM
I don't have NBA TV...:(
I'm still gonna try to check it it works on Friday...

NBA TV has been repeating all the training camp features on the teams they've done so far. I'll bet they will repeat these during the free week.

T Park
10-25-2005, 03:49 PM
15mins is enoug.

We got Finley.
We got Van Exel.
We got Oberto.

We win 70
give them the trophy now.

Fred Carter points,

end of show.

slayermin
10-25-2005, 06:41 PM