PDA

View Full Version : Did Uncle Dennis pay Bleacher Report to write this article?

kw780101
11-14-2018, 01:24 PM
Free from 'San Antonio Mafia,' Kawhi Leonard Is Everything Raptors Hoped for
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2805915-free-from-san-antonio-mafia-kawhi-leonard-is-everything-raptors-hoped-for?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Kawhi is so hardworking, fun and nice and talks to his new teammates.
There's no way he could do any wrong right?

duncan2k5
11-14-2018, 01:26 PM
Or maybe spurs made a mistake... They're human after all

Dejounte
11-14-2018, 01:31 PM
BR is definitely being paid. They've featured him a lot more this year than all the other years and he isn't doing anything different.

DAF86
11-14-2018, 01:53 PM

What will your excuse be when Kawhi bails Toronto too, because uncle wanted to accomodate his nephew on LA all along?

TheGreatYacht
11-14-2018, 01:58 PM
Every article criticizing PATFO is paid by Uncle Dennis, apparently :lol

Maybe people are realizing that Duncan WAS the culture and is no longer here to spray Febreze on Pop and RC's shit.

Since he left... 2 all stars have requested a trade, franchise's greatest point guard willingly left the team for the same money he was offered here, their newly acquired all star was depressed in a Jack in the Box parking lot..

kw780101
11-14-2018, 02:01 PM
Does that explain why he said he'd only play for LA teams when he requested a trade?

MoSpur02
11-14-2018, 02:02 PM
Every article criticizing PATFO is paid by Uncle Dennis, apparently :lol

Maybe people are realizing that Duncan WAS the culture and is no longer here to spray Febreze on Pop and RC's shit.

Since he left... 2 all stars have requested a trade, franchise's greatest point guard willingly left the team for the same money he was offered here, their newly acquired all star was depressed in a Jack in the Box parking lot..

Parker left because he wanted more playing time. He wasn't going to get that here.

TheGreatYacht
11-14-2018, 02:07 PM
Parker left because he wanted more playing time. He wasn't going to get that here.
Of course not, he was pissed crater face had to give Fatty Mills a mandatory 25+ minutes each night because of the albatross contract he received.

coachmac87
11-14-2018, 02:10 PM
Sounds like Toronto is doing whatever it takes to make Uncle and Nephew feel appreciated....

DAF86
11-14-2018, 02:11 PM
I'm gonna laugh my ass off at all the Kawhi justifiers when he leaves a championship contender to go to LA. :lol

Realdeal1
11-14-2018, 02:12 PM
And when kahwi bolts to LA next summer .. then what?

RD2191
11-14-2018, 02:17 PM
Kawhi bitched out but I can't blame him 100 percent for leaving. This team is fukin trash. Just a terrible shitty roster top to bottom. Paying worthless scrubs like fatty mills and and pau gasoft over athletes/hustle players like j simms and dedmon. Not to mention bringing in bums like Marco B. :lol

TDomination
11-14-2018, 02:17 PM
"The San Antonio mafia is real," the executive said. "When the Godfather (Popovich) speaks, they're coming for you. He's the nicest kid in the world and all of a sudden he's an evil villain? He's not an angry kid. He's a sweetheart."

Lol people are just happy to see San Antonio not being successful anymore. That executive was probably from a team that we beat in the finals.
So he claims the Spurs made him out to be an evil villain? No I think his Uncle did a good job of doing that for him.

Pop loved him some Kawhi. Just listen to Pops interviews during 2016-17, saying Kawhi is the best player in the world when everyone was raving about westbrook, harden, curry, durant.

Then don't forget the whole "Spurs are too controlling" during the All Star Game for telling Kawhi to leave earlier so that he can beat traffic, but his Uncle advises to stay at the hotel and they'll leave later when they are good and ready. They end up hitting tracking and then have to walk to the arena lol.

I mean cmon the Uncle is delusional.

DAF86
11-14-2018, 02:19 PM
I'm gonna laugh my ass off at all the Kawhi justifiers when he leaves a championship contender to go to LA. :lol

Correction: not "a championship contender", the second best team in the NBA by a distance.

Chillen
11-14-2018, 02:19 PM
Won't know Kawhi's true colors till this season is over. San Antonio mafia? I'd say that's a little harsh. Pop the Godfather? oh my just over the top. He's stubborn in his ways though maybe.

No doubt though there was friction between Kawhi, Pop, Spurs organization and some Spurs players which led up to the trade.

slick'81
11-14-2018, 02:20 PM
San antonio mafia ��

bklynspursfan
11-14-2018, 02:23 PM
Of course not, he was pissed crater face had to give Fatty Mills a mandatory 25+ minutes each night because of the albatross contract he received.

my god you're clueless :lol

bklynspursfan
11-14-2018, 02:23 PM
Won't know Kawhi's true colors till this season is over. San Antonio mafia? I'd say that's a little harsh. Pop the Godfather? oh my just over the top. He's stubborn in his ways though maybe.

No doubt though there was friction between Kawhi, Pop, Spurs organization and some Spurs players which led up to the trade.

Rebuttal for Pop saying Kawhi and his group? lol

Chillen
11-14-2018, 02:24 PM
You just don't up and trade a top 5 NBA player in his prime unless something really f**ked up is happening in the player/organization relationship. Bad blood and dysfunction, he wanted out badly. It's unfortunate but remember winning makes everyone nice and happy.

UZER
11-14-2018, 02:27 PM
Love what Pop did, mainly because of what Timmy did, but I can’t wait for Pop to be gone.

Turn the page already.

bklynspursfan
11-14-2018, 02:29 PM
"The San Antonio mafia is real," the executive said. "When the Godfather (Popovich) speaks, they're coming for you. He's the nicest kid in the world and all of a sudden he's an evil villain? He's not an angry kid. He's a sweetheart."

Lol people are just happy to see San Antonio not being successful anymore. That executive was probably from a team that we beat in the finals.
So he claims the Spurs made him out to be an evil villain? No I think his Uncle did a good job of doing that for him.

Pop loved him some Kawhi. Just listen to Pops interviews during 2016-17, saying Kawhi is the best player in the world when everyone was raving about westbrook, harden, curry, durant.

Then don't forget the whole "Spurs are too controlling" during the All Star Game for telling Kawhi to leave earlier so that he can beat traffic, but his Uncle advises to stay at the hotel and they'll leave later when they are good and ready. They end up hitting tracking and then have to walk to the arena lol.

I mean cmon the Uncle is delusional.

It's hilarious lol. What's funny is, if the Spurs/Pop really wanted to, I'm sure they could've aired out the dirty laundry and showed what was happening with Kawhi/Dennis, that might paint them in a negative light. They chose not to make that stuff public

RD2191
11-14-2018, 02:34 PM
Love what Pop did, mainly because of what Timmy did, but I can’t wait for Pop to be gone.

Turn the page already.

His time has come and gone tbh. Players like Tim Tony and Manu simply don't exist in today's NBA. Different generations and different players now. Pop is a great coach but it takes more in today's game. You have to be able to control and manage the different personalities on your roster. A la Steve Kerr and Phil Jackson imo. Pop is too old school and take no bullshit for today's NBA imo.

TheGreatYacht
11-14-2018, 03:00 PM
It's hilarious lol. What's funny is, if the Spurs/Pop really wanted to, I'm sure they could've aired out the dirty laundry and showed what was happening with Kawhi/Dennis, that might paint them in a negative light. They chose not to make that stuff public
You have your tongue so far up Pop's asshole you think you know what they could've and couldn't have done :lol

Larry O
11-14-2018, 03:05 PM
Yeah... I read that article earlier & all I was thinking was that it sounds like someone is trying their darndest to do some serious damage control to reestablish what's his name's repretation to open up the opportunity for him to be a possible candidate in the MVP race as well as in the All Star Voting. Deflect all the blame onto Pop & the Spurs organization to make it look like er... um... what's his name(?) was the victim in all of this & rebuild his image up. For Toronto, the organization & fans aren't going to ruffle any feathers because they are hopful that Number 2 will stay & resign (best of luck!). It's possible that the Raptors could be on his list to where he may be next year, depnding on the outcome of thier season, but at the same time, I still think that LA (Clippers) still remains at the top of his uncle's list. GSG!!!

JeffDuncan
11-14-2018, 03:14 PM
Stuff like that is just celebrity gossip. Call it the Sports section of People magazine.

spurs10
11-14-2018, 03:34 PM
It's hilarious lol. What's funny is, if the Spurs/Pop really wanted to, I'm sure they could've aired out the dirty laundry and showed what was happening with Kawhi/Dennis, that might paint them in a negative light. They chose not to make that stuff public Pop definitely took the high road and traded him as requested. I'm sure Pop realizes this is not life and death.

spurs10
11-14-2018, 03:41 PM

I mean cmon the Uncle is delusional. The tens of millions lost is also something that uncle, being the great NBA manager he is, can be proud of. And yes, the "executive" if he has been in the NBA for long has been beaten often by Pop...who hasn't.

widowmaker
11-14-2018, 03:44 PM
I thought anything written in bleacher report was an opinion and not fact?

bklynspursfan
11-14-2018, 03:44 PM
You have your tongue so far up Pop's asshole you think you know what they could've and couldn't have done :lol

So in that small brain of yours, you think Kawhi/Dennis acted amicably the whole time. And PATFO were just perfectly fine the way they conducted themselves? Figures lol

r0drig0lac
11-14-2018, 03:45 PM
His time has come and gone tbh. Players like Tim Tony and Manu simply don't exist in today's NBA. Different generations and different players now. Pop is a great coach but it takes more in today's game. You have to be able to control and manage the different personalities on your roster. A la Steve Kerr and Phil Jackson imo. Pop is too old school and take no bullshit for today's NBA imo.

agree

R. DeMurre
11-14-2018, 03:49 PM
The interesting thing in all of this is that no one really knows the intimate details of what happened behind the scenes with Kawhi and Pop, Kawhi and other players... It is funny though to see almost an entire website essentially turn into a bunch of bitter dudes who've all been dumped by the same girl :lol

TDomination
11-14-2018, 03:54 PM
It seems that everyone is forgetting that if it wasn't for the trade, Kawhi would have NEVER EVER EVER chosen the Raptors. He wanted to go to one place and one place only, Los Angeles. Clippers or Lakers, thats it.

It's like oh wow Kawhi is having such a great relationship with the Raptors but c'mon what does that really mean? Seeing him laughing and all that. He seemed pretty happy in SA after the championship, he seemed to be thriving in 2016-17 before he got hurt.

Its all just a front. Just like when a reporter asked last year "Would you like to spend the rest of your career in San Antonio?" ...."Yeah for sure"

Kobe'sAchilles
11-14-2018, 04:16 PM
Does anybody actually read Bleacher Report?

E20
11-14-2018, 04:18 PM
let's try and trade derozan for kawhi

Mirrornick
11-14-2018, 04:21 PM
the NBA sure is full of drama.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
11-14-2018, 04:24 PM
i thought what's-his-face-related topics were being dumped in one thread or downstairs

tmtcsc
11-14-2018, 05:47 PM
This is such bullshit. Ric Bucher is a longtime NBA hack too. First of all, Kawhi Leonard was never known as a "Good Dude". If that narrative was being sold out there, it was because that's what the Spurs were spinning. For example, take this from 2015:

USA Basketball media operation always first class. Exception Thursday was Kawhi Leonard, both miserable and insulting. The new 'sheed?
- SAM SMITH

Here's the cleaned up, summarized version of how Kawhi acted toward the media during the August 2015 Team USA practices: "Everybody knows I don't do media.''

Shy? Introverted? Nah, that's a dude who thinks his shit doesn't stink and he's above talking to the little folk.

I'm pretty certain there was more to that story. Bottom line, I didn't care how he treated the media or what he had to say or if he was a good dude. All I cared about was what he brought to the floor every night. That all changed when he crossed lines you aren't supposed to cross with your teammates. Fagging out and being a bitch while your teammates go out and try to play is unacceptable. If anyone was owed an apology, it was Kawhi to his teammates. This whole reverse victim thing is bullshit. It was an orchestrated attempt to be traded to a California team while vilifying the Spurs organization. His crew employed or used minions like Jabari Young and Geltz from NBA satellite channel to spread their story. All bullshit. That fat-ass Don Harris from Channel 4 knows more than he's shared with San Antonians. He had a big grin on his face and predicted Kawhi was GONE early in this drama.

Jeff McDonald, Mike Finger, all those hacks know more than they've cared to share. Maybe to save their "sources".

phxspurfan
11-14-2018, 05:50 PM
Absolutely a hit piece

phxspurfan
11-14-2018, 05:56 PM

Maybe they should make some of it public at this point. No lawsuit for the lost 19MM, no voice...makes for free agents hesitating even more to come to SA later.

Russ
11-14-2018, 06:17 PM
Maybe they should make some of it public at this point. No lawsuit for the lost 19MM, no voice...makes for free agents hesitating even more to come to SA later.

Damned if you do, damned if you . . .

If you go public, that might be the thing that scares off players you might pursue (plus any player who wants to know (or their agent) can easily find out what really happened).

All in all, though, I think Kawhi handled everything in an up-front professional manner. . . .

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Old School 44
11-14-2018, 06:18 PM
Can't blame what's in that article on Kawhi. That's all Bucher spin. Looks like he just trying to start a public fight. LOL at the exec calling the Spurs org the "San Antonio Mafia". Probably Sarver or someone else from Phoenix. My message to the PATFO is don't bite.

Rummpd
11-14-2018, 06:35 PM
Bucher used to be a star now mining the trenches at BR. Horrible article about a horrible man.

Spurs Homer
11-14-2018, 06:37 PM
Yeah, that article didn't ring true to me - it seemed half baked and not even balanced.

Let's see this play out, right now is their honeymoon period.

HankChinaski
11-14-2018, 06:40 PM
I don't think I can ever understand guys who make more than people make in a lifetime in a couple of games in a season an then they voice this things about treatment an needing this an that.

I seriously doubt they are receiving physical an emotional abuse from a professional organization.

Stuff like this just makes me not give a damn any further.

bklynspursfan
11-14-2018, 06:45 PM

Funny I remember Mike C Wright saying he had stories about it, but wouldn't put them out while the drama was happening. Kinda wish he would, but that could potentially be received with some distaste

r0drig0lac
11-14-2018, 06:59 PM
Can't blame what's in that article on Kawhi. That's all Bucher spin. Looks like he just trying to start a public fight. LOL at the exec calling the Spurs org the "San Antonio Mafia". Probably Sarver or someone else from Phoenix. My message to the PATFO is don't bite.

stay calm, patfo does not want any of this

Mugen
11-14-2018, 07:12 PM
I mean Kawhi is a bitch and a quitter. But my dude is playing on a legit championship contender this season and will probably end up on a team that will be significantly better than the Spurs for the next 5-7 years by next summer :lol

Hate on him and Uncle D-Bag all you want but you can't argue with the results based on how the PATFO has been grading out the last 2 seasons. Stuff about the medical team and the huge lack of athleticism on the roster are making them look like geniuses so far tbh....

Play Boban
11-14-2018, 07:13 PM
Kawhitter needs to be banned from the nba. He is a national disgrace. That’s why our president deported him to that third world hellhole up north of the border.

SpurPadre
11-14-2018, 07:34 PM
If we really were a Mafia, PATFO would've sent somebody to take out Kawhi's quads with a sledgehammer, tbh.

phxspurfan
11-14-2018, 07:44 PM
Funny I remember Mike C Wright saying he had stories about it, but wouldn't put them out while the drama was happening. Kinda wish he would, but that could potentially be received with some distaste

I'm sure there are stories. Stuff like Uncle Dennis showing up to team meetings/team facilities and arguing with PATFO/players. Or locker room blowups like what just happened with the Dubs. Maybe some doctors/Spurs support staff who got thrown under the bus threatening to leave if Kawhi comes back. etc. I mean who would want to deal with this guy, especially if he was offered the Supermax after what he pulled. He made it an impossible situation.

Russ
11-14-2018, 09:20 PM
Hate on him and Uncle D-Bag all you want but you can't argue with the results based on how the PATFO has been grading out the last 2 seasons. .

But don't you think Kawhi could have left in a more honest way?

Just make it known you want to leave -- it happens all the time.

SuperCam
11-14-2018, 09:54 PM

:lmao

anyone notice the biggest PATFO suckers are manutards?

BSfromTX
11-14-2018, 11:02 PM

its like you are jealous of Pop or something. Obviously the article is just propaganda. Pop is definitely overrated, but you are an idiot to try and argue he is in the wrong on this. He treated Kawhi like a king.

Pop gets a lot of respect because he shows a lot of respect. Obviously a concept that is totally lost on you

Keepin' it real
11-14-2018, 11:09 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/095da5909c4bf580e83925796c3a4314/tenor.gif?itemid=11382583

SpursGenius
11-15-2018, 12:16 AM
Face the facts. The cancer was Patfo not Kawhi. As soon as Patfo is gone this franchise will start to be rebuilt. Right now they have a divorced alcoholic owner just trying to stay alive. They have a divorced woman with no idea how to manage a basketball team as the team ceo trying to hold onto ownership until her entitled young children are old enough to manage team. It’s a clusterfuck of the deepest proportions.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-15-2018, 12:21 AM
i thought what's-his-face-related topics were being dumped in one thread or downstairs

No

Kurgan
11-15-2018, 12:48 AM
Face the facts. The cancer was Patfo not Kawhi. As soon as Patfo is gone this franchise will start to be rebuilt. Right now they have a divorced alcoholic owner just trying to stay alive. They have a divorced woman with no idea how to manage a basketball team as the team ceo trying to hold onto ownership until her entitled young children are old enough to manage team. It’s a clusterfuck of the deepest proportions.

Even worse is both owners refusing to let the current incarnation of the Spurs die because they need the ticket sale money. We're playing Dante Cunningham, Bryn Forbes, Patty Mills, and Marco Belinelli 30 mins a game for god's sake. This team badly needs a transfusion of new talent but it's impossible to do that with late 20s picks. Pop will foolishly try to drag this diseased carcass of a team into the playoffs, out of pride. The result will be a pathetic treadmill team that accomplishes nothing in the present or near future.

TimmyBuckets
11-15-2018, 01:28 PM
What will your excuse be when Kawhi bails Toronto too, because uncle wanted to accomodate his nephew on LA all along?

"Kawhi keeps getting the short end of the stick. Toronto made a mistake."

james evans
11-15-2018, 03:47 PM
there is no PATFO. ITS ALL POPOVICH. Nothing goes down without his approval. There are no checks and balances in this organization. Bufford is s figure head. Popovich is the coach, gm, ceo, president of operations and anything else u can think of.

urunobili
11-15-2018, 03:59 PM
nay. This is Toronto starting their bid to keep him.

duncan2k5
11-15-2018, 11:38 PM

or maybe there was no laundry...even DDR called the spurs a cult, just one month into the season