PDA

View Full Version : Not the real spurs

razor247
11-14-2018, 11:51 PM
I don't know what I'm watching anymore. No defense, no ball movement chuck and run.......Bellini sucks so damn bad

Mirrornick
11-14-2018, 11:59 PM
Belineli is averaging 15 FGA PER36. Let that sink in.

His scissor kick jump shot is so awkward. It's like he has tourette syndrome every time he shoots.

HarlemHeat37
11-15-2018, 12:22 AM
The magic system can't turn bad defenders into stoppers or iso-ballers into flowing basketball, despite what fans and media claim outside of this forum..

r0drig0lac
11-15-2018, 06:20 AM
the famous " spurs system" only works when you have superstars (Duncan, Kawhi) and stars (Manu, Parker) to load the team's role players and their clear weaknesses.

ulosturedge
11-15-2018, 07:47 AM
Pop forces his players to try and learn to win with different schemes as well as different lineups. I dont think he cares about wins and loses. If he did LMA and DD would be averaging 40+ minutes a game.. Either the players figure it out and step up or they dont. Im glad hes making it difficult to win. If you can only win employing one strategy then you are dead in the playoffs. Why try and go all out in the regular season just to be eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round. Rather not be in denial and get a good draft pick.

RC_Drunkford
11-15-2018, 07:51 AM
Pop forces his players to try and learn to win with different schemes as well as different lineups. I dont think he cares about wins and loses. If he did LMA and DD would be averaging 40+ minutes a game.. Either the players figure it out and step up or they dont. Im glad hes making it difficult to win. If you can only win employing one strategy then you are dead in the playoffs. Why try and go all out in the regular season just to be eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round. Rather not be in denial and get a good draft pick.

this USED to work, it doesn't work now when you struggle to even make the Playoffs. It's not the time to think about the postseason when you don't even know if you'll get there in the first place

sananspursfan21
11-15-2018, 08:26 AM
This loss probably hit the hardest a loss has in a long time. I think the realization that this team sucks and it’s not mellow dramatic hyperbole like a lot of people on this forum lucked into being right about. I’m a little depressed, keep sharp objects away for a few days please

r0drig0lac
11-15-2018, 08:29 AM

..and I thinking that what was making it difficult was visible lack of talent

Crazymaddopeyo
11-15-2018, 09:18 AM
the famous " spurs system" only works when you have superstars (Duncan, Kawhi) and stars (Manu, Parker) to load the team's role players and their clear weaknesses.

It works when the players can actually get the ball in the basket. The amount of times I see wide open shots miss from this team is crazy. The shots are there but we have horrible shooters.

Chillen
11-15-2018, 09:42 AM
There is no Duncan, Ginobili or Parker around anymore these Spurs are going to have to figure out ways to win basketball games. 7-6 is not a good start almost a .500 team.

If the team struggles it's not their fault they lost Murray and Walker in the preseason to injury. Team is not at full strength but they have to figure out ways to win basketball games.

They have enough on this roster for a playoff spot in the West.

If they do miss the playoffs while that streak was nice they could get a nice draft pick and come back next season at full strength and stronger.

Obviously the goal is to make the playoffs and see what happens.

Just prepare yourself guys if this team struggles.

sasaint
11-15-2018, 09:54 AM
There is no Duncan, Ginobili or Parker around anymore these Spurs are going to have to figure out ways to win basketball games. 7-6 is not a good start almost a .500 team.

If the team struggles it's not their fault they lost Murray and Walker in the preseason to injury. Team is not at full strength but they have to figure out ways to win basketball games.

They have enough on this roster for a playoff spot in the West.

If they do miss the playoffs while that streak was nice they could get a nice draft pick and come back next season at full strength and stronger.

Obviously the goal is to make the playoffs and see what happens.

Just prepare yourself guys if this team struggles.

A record of 7-6 against one of the weakest schedules in the league is not an optimistic sign. Going by recent history, the Spurs may lose close to 40 games on the road. Add to that the fact that they are no longer great at home, and that all adds up to about a +/- 30 game winner, not a playoff contender.

BackHome
11-15-2018, 10:06 AM
Your not going to loose Hall of Fame players Manu, Tony, KY, and a solid starter Green and think your going to make the play offs. Add to the fact that we lost two first round picks to injury and we have to old guys who are injury prone Gasol and Rudy. That my friends is a nice recipe for top 10 draft pick.

I am am just watching to see what we have in White and will be watching Toros game to see what we have in Metu and Walker.

Come on lets get number one draft pick. :hungry:

NameLess Scrub
11-15-2018, 10:50 AM
So how would Zion do under Pop?

TheGreatYacht
11-15-2018, 11:01 AM
Are you telling me this doesn't look like the Spurs now that Duncan, Kawhi, and Parker are gone? What the hell. Did they change coach? I'm utterly shocked. It's almost like those players were 100% responsible for this 20yr run....

sasaint
11-15-2018, 11:10 AM
Yes, this IS the real Spurs - 2018. Except the schedule gets harder, and their inflated record will start to reflect it.

Chucho
11-15-2018, 12:16 PM
It's a game. Crying every day the sky is falling wont change the reality of the team. But I do love the whole "only the Spurs will get worse and everyone else will get better" train of thought with the Doomsday'rs here.

ulosturedge
11-15-2018, 03:46 PM
..and I thinking that what was making it difficult was visible lack of talent

Well that's obvious. I'm just saying he ain't coaching to win regular season games. He's coaching to win Championships. But yeah that's a moot point when you don't have the talent anyways. But people here are getting all upset over Pop's coaching when he leaves wack ass lineups out there or when he employs strategies that obviously aren't working. He ain't stupid. He's choosing to develop his players over an all out strategy to win each regular season game. So he's tanking without actually doing an obvious tanking. At least that's how I see it.

BackHome
11-15-2018, 03:57 PM
Yep it’s not like we have not tanked before ... Timmy :hungry:

objective
11-15-2018, 04:13 PM
didn't expect LMA to fall off this bad. I thought he might not be on an all-NBA team, but he's been much worse.

Marco has been just as bad if not worse than I expected

Gay has been as expected but his injuries were supposed to be behind him, so that's an unpleasant twist to this season

Poeltl has been much worse than I thought and I wasn't thinking he was super to begin with

DeRozan's been about as advertised. Better passing sure, but bad defense and if not getting calls can be neutralized.

Cunningham and Pondexter look like 30+ year olds barely clinging to one-year deals.

Pau has broken down probably more than I would have thought. Didn't think it'd matter because Poeltl was supposed to be good

Bertans was supposed to be guaranteed minutes with his new contract, but he's just as out of the perm rotation as before

15% of the season is finished, and if this isn't who they really are, they need to turn it around quick.

SpurPadre
11-15-2018, 04:23 PM
the famous " spurs system" only works when you have superstars (Duncan, Manu, and Parker) and stars (DeRozan, Kawhi, LMA) to load the team's role players and their clear weaknesses.

FIFY

J_Paco
11-15-2018, 04:34 PM
It's a game. Crying every day the sky is falling wont change the reality of the team. But I do love the whole "only the Spurs will get worse and everyone else will get better" train of thought with the Doomsday'rs here.

The irrational, entitled nature of the fanbase, or the people representing on these forums, has reached Los Angeles Lakers level, TBH.

Many have become myopic, whiny, entitled bitches that now claim Pop/R.C. deserve no credit and were "lucky."

Well, they should start selling that "luck" to New Orleans, Minnesota and Milwaukee otherwise they might waste HOF taltent.

BackHome
11-15-2018, 04:53 PM
People are stupid as fuck you need great players and a great Coach to win tittles. Pop, Phil, Riley.

baseline bum
11-15-2018, 05:02 PM
This loss probably hit the hardest a loss has in a long time.

Um...

https://heatnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/ray-allen.jpg

baseline bum
11-15-2018, 05:07 PM
The irrational, entitled nature of the fanbase, or the people representing on these forums, has reached Los Angeles Lakers level, TBH.

Many have become myopic, whiny, entitled bitches that now claim Pop/R.C. deserve no credit and were "lucky."

Well, they should start selling that "luck" to New Orleans, Minnesota and Milwaukee otherwise they might waste HOF taltent.

Happens when the team you root for is a title contender for 25 years in a 26 year span. I gotta say it's kind of weird tbh, I started following the team in 1985-86 so I have only known good, great, and very bad Spurs teams. Never an average team like this one looks to be.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-15-2018, 05:14 PM
Happens when the team you root for is a title contender for 25 years in a 26 year span. I gotta say it's kind of weird tbh, I started following the team in 1985-86 so I have only known good, great, and very bad Spurs teams. Never an average team like this one looks to be.

I'm right there with you. Even in the '70s when I became a fan, this team was either very good, or really bad. The Lakers were our major obstacle during the Gervin days, but I always felt like the Spurs could beat any team on a given night.

However, the way the Spurs have looked the last couple of games, we might be hard pressed to finish higher than 11th or 12th in the West. The 11th place team might have a winning record this year, so, standings-wise we might fall into that "very bad" category. If we keep losing to the Suns, Kings and Nets of the world I could easily see us in the bottom four in the West. Three bad losses on the ledger already and we're only half way through November.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-15-2018, 05:16 PM

TimDunkem
11-15-2018, 05:22 PM
Fuck LMA. Fuck Gasoft. Fuck Fatty. Fuck Forbes. #notmyspurs

sananspursfan21
11-15-2018, 06:21 PM
Um...

https://heatnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/ray-allen.jpg

I said ‘in awhile’ not ever! Although that ranks as my number one most traumatizing moment in sports. Last night’s loss just sucked because it’s finally setting in this team just isn’t good.

Blake
11-15-2018, 06:25 PM
The HEB commercials just aren't the same.

duncan2k5
11-15-2018, 11:43 PM

then thats not a system...thats every team...every team can be a great team with several all stars and HOF players...

Atl Spur
11-16-2018, 01:15 AM
I would love to see some of you dudes in real life.........

HarlemHeat37
11-16-2018, 01:17 AM
The only real Spurs are playing in Toronto and Charlotte..

ElNono
11-16-2018, 01:21 AM
They look pretty real to me