PDA

View Full Version : The Wojbombs that ended our dynasty

Dverde
11-15-2018, 12:54 PM
Nephew did us wrong, but he only hastened the temporary demise of the current Spurs’ dynasty. PATFO is the true culprit dropping the first wojbomb in the Summer of 2016 taking out our missile defense system.

750035275968053248[/QUOTE]

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a8/PauGasol_libro_2018.jpg/220px-PauGasol_libro_2018.jpg

PATFO finished the job the Summer of 2017. Dropping two more wojbombs of doom.

https://www.espnfrontrow.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Screen-Shot-2018-02-08-at-4.58.54-PM-774x500.png

880999728258793472[/QUOTE]

888488529881292801[/QUOTE]

We might make the playoffs, but no more 50 wins, no more LOB trophies, until the blast site is cleared. This is entirely on the front office. Not Patty, Pau, or the players fault. We are in the bomb shelter and the bombs are still flopping around up there. Front office has a chance to fix things in the off-season. I pray that they do. Not meant to be another cliff jumping post, more retrospective of the root cause of our dilemma.

DAF86
11-15-2018, 12:55 PM
Pau Gasol is the least of our problems right now, tbh.

Chinook
11-15-2018, 12:58 PM
Sure seems weird to say signing Pau ended the dynasty given that Tim retired before that signing.

TheGreatYacht
11-15-2018, 01:01 PM
The worst offseason in franchise history. Those two contracts worth $98,000,000 are the reason this team has no depth and has no choice but to give rotation minutes to Dante Cunningham, Jakob Poeltl, and Quincy Pondexter. They literally handicapped our flexibility for the next 4 years of the time they were signed. Kawhi would've been 30 years old by the time the Spurs could go all out in free agency.

PATFO ruined this team. Feel bad for the head coach that takes over this dumpster situation with centerpieces that are currently 33, 32, and 29 years old. The more time passes and the dumber the moves the front office makes, the more it feels like they're setting up the next regime to fail to prop themselves up.

Dverde
11-15-2018, 01:04 PM
Sure seems weird to say signing Pau ended the dynasty given that Tim retired before that signing.

Chickens coming home to roost this season. I believe these two signings are the root causes of the losses this season. We are spending 30 million dollars on two okay bench players. That Summer of 2017 is haunting us today more than ever.

sananspursfan21
11-15-2018, 01:08 PM
Missing Pau ironically has played a role in the struggles of late (albeit small role)

TheGreatYacht
11-15-2018, 01:10 PM
:lol the Parker contract that everyone wouldn't shut the fuck up about disappeared, and we still had no money to spend this offseason...

RC Buford and Greg Popovich are responsible for this dumpster. Period.

TheGreatYacht
11-15-2018, 01:12 PM
Missing Pau ironically has played a role in the struggles of late (albeit small role)
More like missing $16,000,000 worth of cap space because it's going to a 38 year old ostrich is hurting this team*

Dverde
11-15-2018, 01:15 PM
The worst offseason in franchise history. Those two contracts worth $98,000,000 are the reason this team has no depth and has no choice but to give rotation minutes to Dante Cunningham, Jakob Poeltl, and Quincy Pondexter. They literally handicapped our flexibility for the next 4 years of the time they were signed. Kawhi would've been 30 years old by the time the Spurs could go all out in free agency.

PATFO ruined this team. Feel bad for the head coach that takes over this dumpster situation with centerpieces that are currently 33, 32, and 29 years old. The more time passes and the dumber the moves the front office makes, the more it feels like they're setting up the next regime to fail to prop themselves up.

I’ve read that the Spurs can waive and stretch Pau’s 6 million guarantee. If they do that, it means RC is back on the wagon. Offloading Patty’s contract would be the next “logical” move, IMO it is worth giving up draft pick to do it. Rudy’s deal expires this year. They would have a ton of cap room.

JPB
11-15-2018, 01:21 PM
Is every ST attention hoe gonna make their own meltdown thread ?

Pinkalooza please mods.

JeffDuncan
11-15-2018, 01:41 PM
Just go into the Vbulletin software and rename it the Meltdown forum. Problem solved.

TheGreatYacht
11-15-2018, 01:46 PM
Is every ST attention hoe gonna make their own meltdown thread ?

Pinkalooza please mods.
:cry mods pls :cry

Clean that jizz off your top lip before you post, scrub. Not sure what you expected from a basketball forum during a stretch of games where the Spurs got their asses kicked by teams like the Suns, Kings, Magic and Heat. Not exactly a time to blow bubbles and draw rainbows, snowflake.

Also, I find it hilarious that the dude that made these posts yesterday is getting butthurt about posters being frustrated with this team and wants them silenced... :lol

Where's the official meltdown thread ?

How did this team even won seven games ?

spurs aiming at the grand slam... Losing against all the NBA shitty teams :lol

Holy shit, they suck.

I need a Poetl of whisky now.

SuperCam
11-15-2018, 01:54 PM

Clean that jizz off your top lip before you post, scrub. Not sure what you expected from a basketball forum during a stretch of games where the Spurs got their asses kicked by teams like the Suns, Kings, Magic and Heat. Not exactly a time to blow bubbles and draw rainbows, snowflake.

Also, I find it hilarious that the dude that made these posts yesterday is getting butthurt about posters being frustrated with this team and wants them silenced... :lol

damn you killed him :lmao

TheGreatYacht
11-15-2018, 01:58 PM
damn you killed him :lmao
I was silenced for more than 2 years. It's personal for me when vanilla posters can't take criticism and want good folks to be quiet and fall in line. It's almost like what Pop did to Simmons and Dedmon..

r0drig0lac
11-15-2018, 02:01 PM

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smishocked.gif

J_Paco
11-15-2018, 02:54 PM

Your trolling is beyond reproach, man. I would lump you in with the other two doofus, but your schtick is somewhat funny.

Do you really, really believe who ever is walking through the door next is going have modicum of the success regardless of Pop & R.C.'s perceived mistakes?

Some of y'all are in for a rude awakening when those two step down, this team joins the other small markets as a doormat and farm system (for the bigger markets).

I'll let you guys go back to venting, crying and bemoaning one of the most successful front office tandems ever, though.

I totally agree that resigning Patty and Pau, especially for that amount of money, was an ill conceived move. I totally disagree those two moves were the end of the dynasty, when the alternatives were signing two just as inconsistent role players or signing a middling "star" (since Durant and Paul were off the market) like Paul Millsap or (maybe) Gordon Hayward.

The end began with Duncan retiring and was completed when Kawhi requested; then eventually got traded away.

MoSpur02
11-15-2018, 03:05 PM
If Forbes continues to improve, does the front office look to trade Mills?

J_Paco
11-15-2018, 03:07 PM

Fuck Forbes, although he does seem to fill the "microwave" role, Patty should have been gone yesterday.

TheGreatYacht
11-15-2018, 03:12 PM
Do you really, really believe who ever is walking through the door next is going have modicum of the success regardless of Pop & R.C.'s perceived mistakes?

Some of y'all are in for a rude awakening when those two step down, this team joins the other small markets as a doormat and farm system (for the bigger markets)..
Whoever takes over the team next will have inherited a god awful situation. Cap tied and the franchise cornerstones are career playoff losers in their 30's. They won't have Tim Duncan, who is 90% responsible for the success we've had, so no, they won't have anywhere near the success that fell on to PATFO's lap.

We've been in that rude awakening you're talking about the minute Kawhi got traded to Toronto :lol By the end of the day, we will have a .500 record having played a Top 5 easiest SoS. From here on out they have the 3rd toughest remaining schedule in the league.... PATFO and their supporters thought everything was going to be fine because they added DDR to a 47 win team. They'll be bouncing lottery balls at the end of the season.

Dex
11-15-2018, 03:13 PM

This is the tweet that ended our dynasty.

Dverde
11-15-2018, 03:14 PM

Absolutely no need for him next year with Murray, White, Forbes, Belineli, DeRozan coming back. I think Demar and Murray can fill his “leadership” role. It’ll be interesting to see if RC has the balls to trade him.

Mirrornick
11-15-2018, 03:15 PM
http://www.prankmenot.com/images/15-11-2018/HI9ILa.png

Arcadian
11-15-2018, 03:34 PM
Well that's misleading. It isn't as if the tweets themselves caused the dynasty to end; they merely corresponded with it.

DMC
11-15-2018, 03:36 PM
Father time did it. Tim, Tony and Manu were the dynasty since David retired 15 years ago (15 fucking years).

There's nothing left. You cannot have a dynasty with just the head coach.

DMC
11-15-2018, 03:37 PM

This is the tweet that ended our dynasty.

Having DDR playing is better than having Kawhi vacationing in NY.

Dex
11-15-2018, 04:16 PM
Having DDR playing is better than having Kawhi vacationing in NY.

I agree. The Spurs did the best they could considering the circumstance.

That said, our goose was cooked the moment Kawhi decided he wanted out of San Antonio, and that was apparently some time in the middle of last season.

J_Paco
11-15-2018, 04:18 PM
Whoever takes over the team next will have inherited a god awful situation. Cap tied and the franchise cornerstones are career playoff losers in their 30's. They won't have Tim Duncan, who is 90% responsible for the success we've had, so no, they won't have anywhere near the success that fell on to PATFO's lap.

We've been in that rude awakening you're talking about the minute Kawhi got traded to Toronto :lol By the end of the day, we will have a .500 record having played a Top 5 easiest SoS. From here on out they have the 3rd toughest remaining schedule in the league.... PATFO and their supporters thought everything was going to be fine because they added DDR to a 47 win team. They'll be bouncing lottery balls at the end of the season.

Isn't that what the peanut gallery wants? The team to lose games, become a perennial doormat (ala Kings and Suns) and Pop to retire?

And of course this team was going to struggle. They weren't built with a duo of Demar - LaMarcus in mind. Pop was still under the naive assumption that he could salvage the relationship with Kawhi, so instead of targeting wings and defenders, he went for shooters (which are ironically firing blanks) to "balance" the roster.

Not hard to understand, but clearly difficult for many of you to accept.

Maybe some of y'all should follow an individual sport? Something where the outcome isn't effect by a managerial group's personnel decisions, the execution of players and, apparently most of all, "dumb luck."

DMC
11-15-2018, 04:24 PM
I agree. The Spurs did the best they could considering the circumstance.

That said, our goose was cooked the moment Kawhi decided he wanted out of San Antonio, and that was apparently some time in the middle of last season.

I kinda feel he moved in that direction when Pop benched him during the 1st round against Memphis. He took some time to come around to it, but that injury against the Warriors and the fact that Pop was putting him back on the floor even though he was in pain, he finally realized that he wasn't the same as some of the other guys who needed that gig. He was a superstar who could do anything he wanted. He just went about it rather fucked up.

sananspursfan21
11-15-2018, 04:56 PM
More like missing $16,000,000 worth of cap space because it's going to a 38 year old ostrich is hurting this team*

Yeah the money hurts

JPB
11-15-2018, 05:07 PM

Look clown, I understand you must have waited for a long time after the way I and this whole forum repeatedly humiliated... what am I saying... anihilated whatever microscopic remaining of self respect you still have after being publicly bukkaked over and over again by every kid with 2 brain cells passing by the forum...

But you're right.. I and real spurs fans didn't expect nothing else that your beta, ignorant, childish, panick, insecure reaction after a couple of bad games like the spurs have known even during their championship years...They lost four in a row when the big 3 was still there once, can you believe that... and I imagine that you wanted to trade Tim, Manu and Tony then though, smart boy.

It's Internet, insecure winning, insignicant entities like you who are dirtying forum like this. Some guys here have seen and know everything with the spurs. Are they ridiculously crying like you to show how tough and smart they are ? No, because they know what perspective, confidence and experience means, invisible microb.

And how frustrated must you be to have digged the game thread to compile my takes... and how stupid and lacking any sense of second degree and knowledge of this forum must you have (but noone's surprised either) not to know and to understand the game thread had always historically be a sarcastic, let off steam place to relax and joke during the game.

But I guess you must have missed these ones in the game and other threads, crawling baby worm :

Maybe, maybe not. Only 13 games played with injuries.

Hopefully, they'll be at full "force" (minus Dijon) and we'll see what this team is about, with an LMA who can't suck that terribly for the whole season. Dude couldn't throw it in the ocean right now.

But if your point is they'll be in the bottom, the answer is no. they'll be in the run for a PO spot all along with the other teams which for the most part aren't much more convincing now.

They're playing terrible but it's still only 13 games into the season, White just came back, which demanded new adjustments, and Gay's still out. Let's give them until Xmas to jump off the clif.f

And if you couldn't understand what the game threads are about and the tone of my posts after you read this (because you also read it ofc) :

Funniest is we all know spurs still win this and we'll all laugh at the meltdown :lol

there's nothing anybody can do for you.

See, I can quote myself too and I just have to consult my archives.

So nice effort but go ahead, kid... keep on barking with the rabid dumb dogs at the first car coming around after a bad stretch before piteously going back to your carton kennel as soon as they'll win a couple with some more tanks of semen covering your pathetic being.

Real spurs and basketball fan will continue talking basketball and joke between people with a minimum of confidence, knowledge and humour...

TheGreatYacht
11-15-2018, 05:17 PM
Only meltdown we're laughing at is yours :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-15-2018, 05:23 PM
The Yacht will bitch and complain during a championship season, not sure why anyone would expect that to change when the Spurs are stinking it up.

Darius Bieber
11-15-2018, 05:29 PM

Fuck, TGY going in..

r0drig0lac
11-15-2018, 05:43 PM

it sounds legitimate

Jordan Jackson
11-15-2018, 05:53 PM
Spurs dynasty ended when Duncan limped out the door.

Nut up and accept rebuilding.

phxspurfan
11-15-2018, 05:59 PM
Pretty sure what ended our dynasty was Duncan retiring. Even with Kawhi, we never really stood a chance against the Dubs

Rosewood
11-15-2018, 06:13 PM
is this site just retarded autistic trolls and their alt accounts?

"wipe the jizz off your lip"
"you just killed him"

holy fucking shit you guys are some acne-ridden, basement dwelling, socially awkward manchildren huh?

spurraider21
11-15-2018, 06:16 PM
dont worry guys, its not so bad. the 4th year is only guaranteed for 17 million!

TheGreatYacht
11-15-2018, 06:58 PM
is this site just retarded autistic trolls and their alt accounts?

"wipe the jizz off your lip"
"you just killed him"

holy fucking shit you guys are some acne-ridden, basement dwelling, socially awkward manchildren huh?
Clean the man juice off your stache, faggot.

NASpurs
11-15-2018, 07:07 PM
Clean the man juice off your stache, faggot.

you just killed him

TheGreatYacht
11-15-2018, 07:12 PM
you just killed him
:lol

kaji157
11-15-2018, 08:33 PM
The only thing that ended our dinasty was father time.
Toronto is competitive because they had a good team and got a star on the cheap because kawhi didn't want to finish his contract.
I would have sued his entire family and friends for it.
The Spurs choose to deal the matter like gentlemen which depending on the point of view is great or bad, but we've had almost 20 years of consistent success, call me when another franchise does that.

JPB
11-15-2018, 08:49 PM

Come on pal, don't destroy this no lifer's little own world where he's the tough, chill dude he'll never be outside of this freaking board cos he's copying and pasting the new "killing" :lol insult he spotted on Reddit and is not a "PATFO fluffer". That's all he got.

Jizz boy is asking for your love and validation, show some compassion.
Tell him he's special, he's different, that he's not "vanilla" :lmao he's not scared to tell stuff about the spurs.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-15-2018, 08:59 PM

:lmao

RC_Drunkford
11-15-2018, 10:37 PM
Kawhi leaving ended the Dynasty tbh. Kawhi was the key to winning a chip since he can take out the opposing teams best player while also being unstoppable and super efficient on offense. He's the best perimeter defender of this generation if not ever. We never saw the 3 headed front court monster of LA-Gay-Kawhi. Also with how wide open the west is this year aside from the Warriors and Golden State probably falling apart after this season, Spurs would've won more than 1 ring with Kawhi as the franchise player. That's just facts. Especially since the main problem were the old guards on the team and with Dejounte and Derrick White that basically got fixed. You just can't ring without elite generational talent on your roster and DeRozan and Aldridge aren't that. They All-Stars, but nowhere close to what the Big 3 were

99 Problems
11-16-2018, 01:38 AM
Actually the last moments of the empire was when the Zaza thing happened. At that very moment Kawaawar was about to win his 2nd chip and be compared with Jordan because of his playoffs peak. Most likely that leaves all parties happy and he returns whenever last season when we again had a red hot chance of winning again until he didn’t surface.

sasaint
11-16-2018, 01:43 AM
Absolutely no need for him next year with Murray, White, Forbes, Belineli, DeRozan coming back. I think Demar and Murray can fill his “leadership” role. It’ll be interesting to see if RC has the PICKS to trade him.

FIFY

sasaint
11-16-2018, 01:53 AM
LMA signing was the beginning of the end.

anon
11-16-2018, 03:05 AM
LMA signing was the beginning of the end.
It's true. Team's bulletproof glass ceiling was installed when he came in. Then patfo double, tripled, quadrupled down. Pop might have wanted depressed DeRozan so he could have somebody sadder than him to "fix up." Pop might have depression of his own from Erin's ordeal and passing, and type A control freaks like Pop always want to be "helping" less fortunate people or "fixing" problems to feel better about themselves.

UncleDennis
11-16-2018, 10:42 AM
Kawhi leaving ended the Dynasty tbh. Kawhi was the key to winning a chip since he can take out the opposing teams best player while also being unstoppable and super efficient on offense. He's the best perimeter defender of this generation if not ever. We never saw the 3 headed front court monster of LA-Gay-Kawhi. Also with how wide open the west is this year aside from the Warriors and Golden State probably falling apart after this season, Spurs would've won more than 1 ring with Kawhi as the franchise player. That's just facts. Especially since the main problem were the old guards on the team and with Dejounte and Derrick White that basically got fixed. You just can't ring without elite generational talent on your roster and DeRozan and Aldridge aren't that. They All-Stars, but nowhere close to what the Big 3 were

this this this.... Kawhi ended the dynasty, the second he wanted out might as well have been the moment the captain saw the iceberg. Pop's gonna go down with the ship and it's just somewhat ironic if his authoritarian style praised for all the success over the years may have also played the biggest role in the demise of the franchise's future.

Not just Kawhi and Green but Simmons and Dedmon before him, all great complimentary pieces to build around Kawhi and the style the league has been changing into, the money arguments don't hold weight just look at those mills and gasol contracts, it was never about money. The days of the observant obedient are and have been over.

spurraider21
11-16-2018, 04:49 PM
is there a wojbomb for when dedmon left?