PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Stephen A: "Hearing Lakers Are Frontrunners to Land KD Next Summer"

BatManu20
11-15-2018, 02:08 PM
According to Stephen A’s sauces..

“I’m hearing the Knicks and the Lakers, with the Lakers having the edge,” Smith said on his radio show, via Bleacher Report (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2806090-stephen-a-smith-lakers-have-edge-over-knicks-warriors-for-kevin-durant-in-fa). “That’s what I’m hearing. Two weeks ago, I heard the Knicks had the edge. Now, I hear the Lakers have the edge. Let me tell you something, it appears to be one of those two teams which is Kevin Durant’s next destination.

Only a matter of time til bitch boy KD runs to create his next Superteam tbh,

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dr-7W5RUwAABEES?format=jpg&name=medium

Killakobe81
11-15-2018, 02:11 PM
According to Stephen A’s sauces..

“I’m hearing the Knicks and the Lakers, with the Lakers having the edge,” Smith said on his radio show, via Bleacher Report (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2806090-stephen-a-smith-lakers-have-edge-over-knicks-warriors-for-kevin-durant-in-fa). “That’s what I’m hearing. Two weeks ago, I heard the Knicks had the edge. Now, I hear the Lakers have the edge. Let me tell you something, it appears to be one of those two teams which is Kevin Durant’s next destination.

Only a matter of time til bitch boy KD runs to create his next Superteam tbh,

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dr-7W5RUwAABEES?format=jpg&name=medium

ultimate "heel' tuen 2nd only to joining state ...
He would have so many more haters ...and the Lakers too if that's possible.

Clipper Nation
11-15-2018, 02:24 PM
Remember the last time Stephen A. called Durbeta to the Lakers months in advance and then Durbeta signed with the Warriors instead?

BatManu20
11-15-2018, 02:30 PM

BatManu20
11-15-2018, 02:30 PM
Remember the last time Stephen A. called Durbeta to the Lakers months in advance and then Durbeta signed with the Warriors instead?

This seems to have some legs to it though tbh. Wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if he did it.

BatManu20
11-15-2018, 02:31 PM
Lakers getting everybody again :lol

DAF86
11-15-2018, 02:33 PM
When will players realize than joining the Lakers in the current social media times only hurt their legacies? Fans of any other team don't respect players that choose the easy route. Winning a championship in a small market like OKC or Cleveland is ten times more relevant than winning it in LA, where all the stars go to collide.

If Durant wanted to gain some credibility back after joing a 73 wins team, this isn't the way to go about it, tbh.

DMC
11-15-2018, 03:41 PM
*yawn

baseline bum
11-15-2018, 03:44 PM
As long as Kawhi doesn't ring.

baseline bum
11-15-2018, 03:45 PM
Gotta say that would be filthy as hell seeing Durant and LeBron on the same team. Though not as nasty as the team Durant is already on.

Laker_1995
11-15-2018, 04:04 PM
When will players realize than joining the Lakers in the current social media times only hurt their legacies? Fans of any other team don't respect players that choose the easy route. Winning a championship in a small market like OKC or Cleveland is ten times more relevant than winning it in LA, where all the stars go to collide.

If Durant wanted to gain some credibility back after joing a 73 wins team, this isn't the way to go about it, tbh.

dont get me wrong brotha I understand what you mean it is more relevant but people don’t care about that if the laker or Knicks win none of that shit matters tbh. If lakers get Durant there wouldn’t be as much hate like GS got or Miami because the media would love it. I love my lakers but sometimes the media nonsense is annoying tbh. just being real

phxspurfan
11-15-2018, 06:19 PM

They care far less about labels than they do about money, rings and Hollywood deals. Every star now wants to build a media brand. LA is where it's at.

phxspurfan
11-15-2018, 06:20 PM
Gotta say that would be filthy as hell seeing Durant and LeBron on the same team. Though not as nasty as the team Durant is already on.

The Yankees of pro bball. Buying everybody. No honor in winning that way.

LkrFan
11-15-2018, 06:30 PM

Actually, no, I don't.

LkrFan
11-15-2018, 06:33 PM

You laughed at us getting LBJ this past summer too, right? :lol

We may not get him, but I GUARAN DAMN TEE you he ain't going to the Sp*rs! :downspin:

Mikeanaro
11-15-2018, 06:36 PM
That would be The Ultimate Poosy move ever.
:lmao

RD2191
11-15-2018, 06:43 PM

Can they afford all 3?

Bynumite
11-15-2018, 07:31 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A5gw2f-CQAA8z4p.jpg

SAGirl
11-15-2018, 07:39 PM

FkLA
11-15-2018, 07:52 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A5gw2f-CQAA8z4p.jpg

:lol

Fucking assholes.

baseline bum
11-15-2018, 08:05 PM
I like how the Pelicans are just handing the Lakers Anthony Davis for the same trash "prospects" that couldn't land Kawhi Leonard when he was forcing his way out and killing his trade value by saying he'd only go to LA.

baseline bum
11-15-2018, 08:05 PM
That would be The Ultimate Poosy move ever.
:lmao

It wouldn't be worse than his last one joining a 73 win team that came a Kyrie Irving three away from repeating.

Laker_1995
11-15-2018, 08:07 PM
I like how the Pelicans are just handing the Lakers Anthony Davis for the same trash "prospects" that couldn't land Kawhi Leonard when he was forcing his way out and killing his trade value by saying he'd only go to LA.

Them niggas ain’t trading us AD lol. I’m a laker fan but a realist as well. They can easily call Boston and get a package 10x better.

Chris
11-15-2018, 08:12 PM
As long as Kawhi doesn't ring.

Mikeanaro
11-15-2018, 09:37 PM
It wouldn't be worse than his last one joining a 73 win team that came a Kyrie Irving three away from repeating.
At this point KD is building such a shitty legacy, going to the 73 win team because he blew the 3-1 lead, the 2 twitter accounts, then the McCollum beef, now Raymond.
Even if he goes to LA Lebron will be the alpha, those rings in GS aint worth poo.

BatManu20
11-15-2018, 09:58 PM
You laughed at us getting LBJ this past summer too, right? :lol

We may not get him, but I GUARAN DAMN TEE you he ain't going to the Sp*rs! :downspin:

I actually think y'all are getting KD tbh. He's bitch-made so leaving one superteam only to team up with Lebron (his good buddy) and create another superteam just seems like something he would do tbh. Plus LA lifestyle, weather, they have a good supporting cast, etc etc. It makes just sense.

Idk about Anthony Davis though. Think the Pels would rather have Boston's lottery draft picks and a player or two before they take the Lakers role players imo.

KobeScored81
11-15-2018, 10:00 PM

Dont be ridiculous :lmao

KobeScored81
11-15-2018, 10:03 PM
At this point KD is building such a shitty legacy, going to the 73 win team because he blew the 3-1 lead, the 2 twitter accounts, then the McCollum beef, now Raymond.
Even if he goes to LA Lebron will be the alpha, those rings in GS aint worth poo.

If KD came to LA he would definitely be the alpha. I’m sure LeBron would much rather defer to Durant at this stage in his career

Mikeanaro
11-16-2018, 12:01 AM
If KD came to LA he would definitely be the alpha. I’m sure LeBron would much rather defer to Durant at this stage in his career
Lebron is the brain on any team, he creates the plays, Durant is just a grandma shooter so even if it looks like LBJ takes a step back he will be the one commanding everything from the shadows.

And at this pace KD leaving for LA would be the next big thing for the NBA, the Warriettes would be a distant memory, no more whistles and shit, Raymond getting suspended every night, etc.

Chillen
11-16-2018, 01:53 AM
If Durant, Davis, and James ever happens in Los Angeles that would be such a tough team to beat it will make the Warriors look like nothing.

StrengthAndHonor
11-16-2018, 01:58 AM
If Durant, Davis, and James ever happens in Los Angeles that would be such a tough team to beat it will make the Warriors look like nothing.
Looks like this could be a thing. Jarrett Jack confirmed it.

StrengthAndHonor
11-16-2018, 02:00 AM

Chillen
11-16-2018, 02:09 AM
I wonder if Warriors would counter this with signing Kawhi and keeping Cousins if Durant goes to Lakers and Lakers trade for Davis. That Warriors team is so deep and talented they could definitely counter this move to offset it a bit.

StrengthAndHonor
11-16-2018, 02:17 AM
Big man with a torn ACL. He’ll never recover his full mobility and lift. His best days are behind him.

HarlemHeat37
11-16-2018, 02:22 AM
Warriors have the best front office in the league, while the Lakers are arguably the worst..it wouldn't be difficult to defeat them in the chess game:lol

anon
11-16-2018, 02:29 AM
No way Kerr allows Durant to go to a western competitor, especially the Lakers. Durant becomes UFA on 2020, when he forces a trade before that Kerr is sending his child drama ass back east so they would only have to play against him twice a season, leave it to Kawhi or Giannis to eliminate him from contention, and avoid strengthening a Lebron-led Lakers. Kerr's copped too much from Pop to commit the error laker nation is envisioning.

You already know James Jones is Phoenix' GM and AD signed with Mav Carter. The "worst" star haul Magic and Pelinka can realistically get is Booker and Davis. Should that happen, say goodbye to Lonzo and McGee, maybe even Kuzma. Easy, no-brainer choices, right? Pelicans' gm Dell Demps might just be dumb enough and its widow owner vulnerable enough to League leverage to send their franchise player to a western competitor and the league darling. But expect heavy resistance from Gentry, another student of Pop's military philosophy of never strengthening the enemy. Gentry might need firing before an AD move can happen.

StrengthAndHonor
11-16-2018, 02:36 AM
Durant has 1+1 contract^ :lol

anon
11-16-2018, 02:49 AM
Mea culpa, he has a player option. That moves Kerr's timetable to making a judgement call whether their locker room is irreparable by the trade deadline.

StrengthAndHonor
11-16-2018, 03:21 AM
Warriors have the best front office in the league, while the Lakers are arguably the worst..it wouldn't be difficult to defeat them in the chess game:lol
Yeah it’s not even a debate, the Warriors are a cut above the rest but I’m just not convinced Durant can overcome the emotional barrier between him and Green. Draymond’s callousness and total lack of respect for Durant may have fractured that chemistry permanently.

anon
11-16-2018, 04:00 AM
Let's do this step-by-step

The root of the matter is GSW can't afford another max contract.
Durant feels he's entitled to a max and outwardly appears to be willing to break up the band in order to get what's his.
Green is rankled about breaking up a sure thing and calls Durant a bitch.

There is literally nothing stopping GSW ownership and FO from granting Durant a near-max contract and paying him off the books and under the table the rest of the way. Spurs have been doing this since Duncan was drafted. Kerr would know more about that.

Even if GSW doesn't go this route and decide to give Durant a legal max, ownership might all be willing to pay the luxury tax. They are the wealthiest group of owners in the league, they might be willing to pony up long enough to break the Jordan Bulls threepeat record to firmly secure themselves first place in league history.

Even if GSW ownership is not willing to pay the tax, Durant is a bitch who likes acting hard upfront. What are bitches known for? Accepting their fate as bitches and caving in the end. GSW FO might convince a bitch like Durant to settle for a near-max contract. Because he's a bitch.

Even if none of the above three scenarios come to pass, that light years FO of theirs would be more than willing and capable to offload the contracts of Green, and maybe even Thompson, to assuage Durant's bitch ego and also give Durant his max. This is actually the likeliest scenario of all. They stay together long enough to reach the finals this season and trade away Donkey to the east the following offseason.

Understand, lakers nation, as long as Kerr has a modicum of control over the organization, Durant is never landing on another western team direct from the Bay. Kerr and Myers think high enough of themselves not to allow the likes of Magic to do to them what they themselves did to OKC. Just facts.

I love seeing weakness and internal dissent on any defending chip team that isn't the Spurs, but the way it stands right now GSW still has too many outs. This is what the Lakers-centric press won't include in their daily narratives.

LkrFan
11-16-2018, 06:45 AM
Can they afford all 3?

Yes. We already have a max slot within our cap. Then if we trade for Unibrow, the salaries have to match. Then we'll sign vet ring chasers and call up our baby LAvengers like Bonga to fill out the roster:
Prolly won't happen, but then again Kang wasn't supposed to sign with the Lakers either. :lol

LkrFan
11-16-2018, 06:59 AM
I actually think y'all are getting KD tbh. He's bitch-made so leaving one superteam only to team up with Lebron (his good buddy) and create another superteam just seems like something he would do tbh. Plus LA lifestyle, weather, they have a good supporting cast, etc etc. It makes just sense.

Idk about Anthony Davis though. Think the Pels would rather have Boston's lottery draft picks and a player or two before they take the Lakers role players imo.

Boston would be in a pickle if they gave premium assets up to get him. You see, AD is a Klutch client. If he says he won't re-sign with Boston it's highly believable.

You wanna guess who else is a Klutch client? :lol

DMC
11-16-2018, 08:22 AM

I cannot imagine a scenario that's nastier than what the Warriors have now... the top 3 3pt shooters in the league (hands down) on the floor at the same time, two of whom can get their own shots, one who you have to pick up at the half court, and one a 7 footer that can handle the ball like a guard. Only Lebron being on that team makes it scarier but they probably score fewer points (and need fewer to win because of his defense).

DMC
11-16-2018, 08:25 AM
Yes. We already have a max slot within our cap. Then if we trade for Unibrow, the salaries have to match. Then we'll sign vet ring chasers and call up our baby LAvengers like Bonga to fill out the roster:
Prolly won't happen, but then again Kang wasn't supposed to sign with the Lakers either. :lol

These guys don't make a big impact in the league. Where is Thon Maker these days? Wasn't he supposed to totally destroy the league?

Lebron is a once in a lifetime talent, maybe once in history tbh. You won't find another kid in HS who can come into the league and do what he did right out of the gate. I wish there was one, it would make the 2K series interesting again. Remember when you could unlock Lebron James in the game when he was still in HS?

RsxPiimp
11-16-2018, 10:01 AM
what am i missing here, why is jarrett jack considered a source now? :lol

11-16-2018, 10:11 AM
Fitting that the team with the most frontrunning fan base is the frontrunner to land the biggest frontrunner in nba history tbh

StrengthAndHonor
11-16-2018, 10:14 AM
Morning lefty^

KobeScored81
11-16-2018, 10:16 AM
Fitting that the team with the most frontrunning fan base is the frontrunner to land the biggest frontrunner in nba history tbh

Put that salt back on the spice rack

StrengthAndHonor
11-16-2018, 10:18 AM
what am i missing here, why is jarrett jack considered a source now? :lol
JJ is well-connected. He also convinced Durant to sign with the Warriors.

Killakobe81
11-16-2018, 10:19 AM

That is just a stupid and baseless comment.
Even if Lonzo busts ...
They drafted Hart/Kuzma at end of round one ...they may be overrated but still better than most drafted ahead of them.
They cleared salary cap space to sign Bron
They now own all their future picks ...and still have cap space.

Agree state has the best (with Boston/Toronto close 2nd)
But Lakers are far from the worst.

And before you point at Ingram, Russell, randle Clarkson, Nance all pre-Maginka
Maginka has beed doing great work and your narrative is false.

Clearing dead money while keeping and even gaining picks from Nets/Cavs were great moves, also we got Bron.

KobeScored81
11-16-2018, 10:24 AM
That is just a stupid and baseless comment.
Even if Lonzo busts ...
They drafted Hart/Kuzma at end of round one ...they may be overrated but still better than most drafted ahead of them.
They cleared salary cap space to sign Bron
They now own all their future picks ...and still have cap space.

Agree state has the best (with Boston/Toronto close 2nd)
But Lakers are far from the worst.

And before you point at Ingram, Russell, randle Clarkson, Nance all pre-Maginka
Maginka has beed doing great work and your narrative is false.

Clearing dead money while keeping and even gaining picks from Nets/Cavs were great moves, also we got Bron.

I wasnt even gonna bother wasting energy on such a ludicrous statement ..

Chucho
11-16-2018, 11:04 AM
:lol Stephen A.
:lol sports fans getting wet to their fan fiction

SuperCam
11-16-2018, 11:36 AM
same posters denying this were denying LeGOAT to LA the last two years tbqh.

i'm starting to believe there's a reason playoff piss stayed in OKC. once Klutch got AD on board and started to receive backchannel chatter from Durant's camp, they realized there was no room for him so they told him no thanks. Lebron is the most connected player-gm in league history and was more than willing to go through a sabbatical year to set up this mega team :wow

Mikeanaro
11-16-2018, 11:48 AM

RsxPiimp
11-16-2018, 11:49 AM

if true. he gone

KobeScored81
11-16-2018, 11:57 AM
Of course its true
at this point its obvious KD is coming to the Lakers

LeBron and Magic been plotting this whole time.

Look at all the reports and rumors.. pertaining to KD its all circulating around the Lakers
same thing with LeBron last year.

they might seem like small meaningless speculation .. to the average Laker hater.

RsxPiimp
11-16-2018, 12:03 PM
yeah, i said the same thing last year about lebron and people ridiculed me with hot takes like “why would he join a lottery team” or “ he doesnt need LA to build bis brand, he’s already an icon” lol

HarlemHeat37
11-16-2018, 12:24 PM
Durant should go to the Knicks, it's the only way he'll get any respect from his peers and fans..

KobeScored81
11-16-2018, 12:32 PM
Durant should go to the Knicks, it's the only way he'll get any respect from his peers and fans..

He should not because Dolans an idiot.

HarlemHeat37
11-16-2018, 12:48 PM
He should not because Dolans an idiot.

The Cavs are arguably the worst franchise in pro sports if you exclude the LeBron years and he managed to win a ring there..that title means far more than his Heat titles or any he would win with LA..

Durant winning one with a terrible Knicks franchise would legitimize him..there's nothing to gain from winning with the Lakers, everybody has done it .

Mikeanaro
11-16-2018, 12:49 PM
Now 90% of the internet GSW fans are hating Raymond, he was their spiritual master not so long ago with his dirty tactics, so much for those bandwagoners.

baseline bum
11-16-2018, 12:50 PM

Damn. Starting to become a fan of Raymond. :lol

Mikeanaro
11-16-2018, 12:53 PM
The Cavs are arguably the worst franchise in pro sports if you exclude the LeBron years and he managed to win a ring there..that title means far more than his Heat titles or any he would win with LA..

Durant winning one with a terrible Knicks franchise would legitimize him..there's nothing to gain from winning with the Lakers, everybody has done it .
Durant couldnt win with Adams, Kanter, WB, D Fisher, Ibaka, Robertson.
Lebron would have won a couple of rings with those.

RsxPiimp
11-16-2018, 12:56 PM

using the same logic tho- wouldn’t clippers make the most sense? they’re better equipped, well coached and ballmer is a zillion times better than dolan.

HarlemHeat37
11-16-2018, 12:57 PM
using the same logic tho- wouldn’t clippers make the most sense? they’re better equipped, well coached and ballmer is a zillion times better than dolan.

Either way, I've just only heard rumors of the Lakers and Knicks..

But ya, winning for the Clippers would also be huge, which is why Kawhi should go there if he leaves Toronto..

HarlemHeat37
11-16-2018, 01:02 PM
Durant going to play with LeBron would be the ultimate Durant move, though:lol

Chillen
11-16-2018, 01:05 PM
If there is friction between Green and Durant the Warriors need to look into trading Green to please Durant. You can't lose a player like Durant it's not worth it over Green.

Green has done plenty for that Warriors team but players of Durant's caliber cannot be replaced.

Now if the Warriors plan is to let Durant go to Lakers and sign Kawhi Leonard that's different, keep Green than.

LkrFan
11-16-2018, 01:10 PM
Durant should go to the Knicks, it's the only way us farmers will stop being mad at him for signing with the Dubs and not the Sp*rs tbh .. :cry
FIFY :lol

11-16-2018, 01:18 PM
I fucking hate that mouth breather but if he really said that he just won some points with me tbh :lol

Broly
11-16-2018, 01:20 PM
Raymond isn't wrong, I'm just saying.

Will Hunting
11-16-2018, 03:38 PM
Went to lunch at a place across the street from the hotel visiting teams stay at in Dallas and Durant and Draymond were sitting there together chilling. I think this whole feud has become a charade.

daslicer
11-16-2018, 03:47 PM
Went to lunch at a place across the street from the hotel visiting teams stay at in Dallas and Durant and Draymond were sitting there together chilling. I think this whole feud has become a charade.

Without pictures what you are saying is just hearsay. Even if it's true it doesn't change anything. Durant is a passive aggressive guy by nature. For years he said he was cool with Westbrook when it was obvious that he wasn't happy with playing with him. We all saw him bolt from Westbrook the moment he had the chance to do so. I expect the same thing to happen next summer with him and Draymond.

Killakobe81
11-16-2018, 04:19 PM

Which hotel omni? 4 seasons?

Will Hunting
11-16-2018, 04:22 PM
Which hotel omni? 4 seasons?
Crescent.

RsxPiimp
11-16-2018, 04:54 PM
the jig is up

LkrFan
11-16-2018, 05:17 PM
Without pictures what you are saying is just hearsay. Even if it's true it doesn't change anything. Durant is a passive aggressive guy by nature. For years he said he was cool with Westbrook when it was obvious that he wasn't happy with playing with him. We all saw him bolt from Westbrook the moment he had the chance to do so. I expect the same thing to happen next summer with him and Draymond.

I hope you're right. ;)

LkrFan
11-16-2018, 06:55 PM
This shit right here:
:rollin :lmao :rollin

Spurtacular
11-16-2018, 08:19 PM

Been fun watching all of mouthbreather's beta speak. :lol

Othyus Lalanne
11-17-2018, 08:38 AM
Durant couldnt win with Adams, Kanter, WB, D Fisher, Ibaka, Robertson.
Lebron would have won a couple of rings with those.

His bitchness would have chemistry issues with WB and get exposed out West.

Raven
11-17-2018, 09:50 AM
the lakers are the alibaba of basketball, can't do shit by themselves but suck each others dick every time they manage to steal something from someone better than them..

KobeScored81
11-17-2018, 09:51 AM
the lakers are the yankees of basketball

Fixed.

BatManu20
11-17-2018, 12:13 PM
I fucking hate that mouth breather but if he really said that he just won some points with me tbh :lol

Same tbh :tu

koriwhat
11-17-2018, 05:36 PM
green's end game is to secure his max contract by getting rid of the real star who should be given the max. yall ain't reading between the lines is all.

ps: i bet KD goes to the lakers in '19 & green is dumped in order to give kawhi max money. book it!

Mark Celibate
11-17-2018, 09:15 PM

Who cares about legacy though if you’re Anthony Davis? He’s not going to be in the KG/Duncan tier. On the other hand, you get to spend your prime years being on a super team in the biggest market in the league. Can’t get any better than that tbh

and Kevin Durant has already ruined his legacy so not like jumping ship again will even mater

Mr. Body
11-17-2018, 11:41 PM
Durant has no legacy to speak about. Might as well ride around on LBJ's coattails. Green's utility has dropped like a stone now that the league has adjusted to the new offensive styles. Big question whether a rank bitch like Durant can keep his head in with the team this year. That team has always been fragile, with Green as de facto leader, which is pretty pathetic.