PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical..If the Raps offered Siakam, OG Anunoby, Normal Powell instead of Derozan..would you do it?

JakeCuenca
11-15-2018, 06:12 PM
Siakam, OG Anunoby and a late first round.

Siakam is playing like a star and Anunoby is the prototypical wing that can scpre and defend. Normal powell to match salaried

Less wins these year but getting anunoby, and siakam at cheap

Robz4000
11-15-2018, 06:16 PM
Would've much rather preferred that than what they got. Of course salaries don't work at all.

TD 21
11-15-2018, 06:18 PM
Of course. Siakam and Anunoby are ideal championship role players (former needs a semi reliable 3, but he's shown modest improvement, while latter needs more experience) and the exact archetype in demand.

DeRozan isn't near good enough to be the best player on a championship team or versatile enough to play a role on one. He's also significantly older than both.

FkLA
11-15-2018, 06:20 PM
Probably. Toronto wouldn't though.

HarlemHeat37
11-15-2018, 06:21 PM
Ignoring that Masai wouldn't have done it, it doesn't matter what the fans wanted, DeRozan fit what Pop wanted to accomplish(on paper), which was to remain competitive.. unfortunately, they're still unintentionally tanking:lol

sananspursfan21
11-15-2018, 06:24 PM
I’m still a Derozan proponent. The guy can’t do it by himself.

JakeCuenca
11-15-2018, 06:27 PM
Ignoring that Masai wouldn't have done it, it doesn't matter what the fans wanted, DeRozan fit what Pop wanted to accomplish(on paper), which was to remain competitive.. unfortunately, they're still unintentionally tanking:lol

Unintentionally tanking. :lmao

Kurgan
11-15-2018, 06:28 PM
It doesn't matter what we want. Pop and the front office were adamant about getting back a "star" - even if that star is an overrated Eastern conference chucker. Otherwise, they could have went with either the Clippers or Lakers deal if they wanted role players.

Biggest problem with this trade was the extra parts - throwing in a good role player in Green and getting back a worthless Euro big that's softer than Joffrey. And that's not even taking into consideration the extra $5 mil the Spurs gave up. If Kawhi resigns, this goes down as the worst trade in NBA history.

JakeCuenca
11-15-2018, 06:31 PM
Of course. Siakam and Anunoby are ideal championship role players (former needs a semi reliable 3, but he's shown modest improvement, while latter needs more experience) and the exact archetype in demand.

DeRozan isn't near good enough to be the best player on a championship team or versatile enough to play a role on one. He's also significantly older than both.

Yeah Siakam and Anunoby are perfect role players. Even after the loss last night they looked like dominant role players. Siakam specially is a beast.

I'd argue that Anunoby can probably eat Green, Vanfleet minutes.

JeffDuncan
11-15-2018, 06:46 PM
Very amusing.

r0drig0lac
11-15-2018, 06:49 PM
It doesn't matter what we want. Pop and the front office were adamant about getting back a "star" - even if that star is an overrated Eastern conference chucker. Otherwise, they could have went with either the Clippers or Lakers deal if they wanted role players.

Biggest problem with this trade was the extra parts - throwing in a good role player in Green and getting back a worthless Euro big that's softer than Joffrey. And that's not even taking into consideration the extra $5 mil the Spurs gave up. If Kawhi resigns, this goes down as the worst trade in NBA history.

fair, but Derozan is not the problem of this team, the support roster is complete trash and Lamarcus playing like a 7'0'' sg are the real problems

SpursDynasty85
11-15-2018, 06:58 PM
fair, but Derozan is not the problem of this team, the support roster is complete trash and Lamarcus playing like a 7'0'' sg are the real problems

Pretty much. Kawhi's trade value stank because of uncle and media peons.

11-15-2018, 07:02 PM
While the thought of losing Kawhi and being stuck with LMA as your best player doesn't sound great, they won 47 with him last year. If all you want to do is maintain, you don't get rid of all your role players and bring in another all star.

It would've been smarter to get young pieces to grow with DJM, while LMA finishes his last couple of years.

All that said, the Patty/Pau contracts were bigger factors in this tank job.

Dex
11-15-2018, 07:08 PM
I’m still a Derozan proponent. The guy can’t do it by himself.

This. DeRozan can be a winning piece.

Unfortunately, his game just clashes with LMA, and the rest of the team was tailored around Kawhi and, to a lesser extent, Green.

It's probably gonna take a couple years to truly make the pieces fit around DDR, if that is the direction the FO decides to go in.

A guy like Zion wouldn't hurt, though. :eyebrows

paperboy77
11-15-2018, 07:48 PM
Have you seen what Pop does with teams? So no cuz it wouldn't really matter.

paperboy77
11-15-2018, 07:50 PM
On second thought...

Hell no because Pop would find a way to fuck it up for sure. Even this squad now might be able to do something if our coach gave a shit.

I bet you are going to see DD rumors pretty soon. Just look at the guys body language... he's just going thru the motions and being a pro but to me he is clearly not pleased. I'm not poking fun but i wouldn't be surprised if the guys depression comes back. Have ya'll seen the next 30 games? This team with this seemingly past his prime coach will likely be 15 to 20 games under 500! I will freaking always hate what KL did to my favorite team but that guy was elite enough to make Pop look good. I watched that NBA Storyteller video again and dam I'm convinced Pop is the issue right now. Anyone that says I need to chill on Pop let me ask you.. would Doc Rivers, Carlisle or Hubie Brown teams be playing as uninspired and shitty as Pops squad? These guys are no where near of the same ilk as Pop.... in most peoples eyes. Just ranting I love my Spurs and I hope I'm wrong and thy snap out of it. For today... #FirePop

The Closer
11-15-2018, 08:14 PM
Fucking role players. :lmao

slick'81
11-15-2018, 08:16 PM
Well considering we basically traded kawhi/green straight up for derozan and a late first i guess id consider it

Leetonidas
11-15-2018, 09:55 PM
Yes. Not to say I wouldn't rather have derozan but that would have been a great haul as well. Siakam and OG are legit

rasuo214
11-15-2018, 10:17 PM
No way Toronto would have done that but 100% I would rather have Siakam and OG. Not just for this year but imagine a Murray/Walker/OG/Siakam young core group.

RC_Drunkford
11-15-2018, 10:22 PM
who wouldn't? All of them would be on the timeline of Dejounte Murray/Lonnie Walker/Derrick White and you'd still have LA and Rudy.

duncan2k5
11-15-2018, 11:30 PM
Siakam looks good because he is allowed to look good in toronto...Pop would bench him for every mistake until he gets over himself...but by that time his game and potential would be neutered

Leetonidas
11-15-2018, 11:32 PM
Wrong thread