PDA

View Full Version : Am I alone

Dhbsr555
11-15-2018, 11:49 PM
Instead of going 42-40 at best why exactly are we trying to win games this year. We need to trade Aldridge why we can. he will be 34 next year and isn’t getting any younger trade him while you can get some pieces ( cough cough .. draft picks please) keep derozen but tank for a lottery pick.. see what white walker( when he returns )Forbes and metu are made off.. we are not making the playoffs this year. We’re just not so let’s give the young guys run.

Play Boban
11-15-2018, 11:50 PM
:cry
Instead of going 42-40 at best why exactly are we trying to win games this year. We need to trade Aldridge why we can. he will be 34 next year and isn’t getting any younger trade him while you can get some pieces ( cough cough .. draft picks please) keep derozen but tank for a lottery pick.. see what white walker( when he returns )Forbes and metu are made off.. we are not making the playoffs this year. We’re just not so let’s give the young guys run.

Leetonidas
11-16-2018, 12:04 AM
Lol do you read this forum? 60% of ST would agree with you

Dverde
11-16-2018, 01:10 AM

Not a bad take. You assume DeRozan would stick around for a rebuild. He has an opt out after next year and he will be in his thirties. He never picked to go to the Spurs. I prefer waive/stretch Gasol, trade Patty, not re-sign Gay, it would open a ton of cap room with Demar, LMA, Murray still on board.

Dhbsr555
11-16-2018, 01:18 AM
Definitely agree with you on all of that mills and gasol need to go.. get good but just can’t stay healthy and isn’t worth it.

Dhbsr555
11-16-2018, 01:19 AM
But Aldridge has to go.

ElNono
11-16-2018, 01:19 AM
OP forever alone

Mirrornick
11-16-2018, 01:20 AM
LMA is not looking like he's an all star player anymore. I don't think he would net anything at this point. His trade value must be at an all time low.

Sure if you tank properly, you get rid of LMA and DeRozan. Preferably derozan , because he's going to win games on his own.

Spurs fever
11-16-2018, 01:25 AM
I rather hang on to DeMar.

Dhbsr555
11-16-2018, 01:30 AM
We’re gonna already have a first round pick from the raptors this year is the year for tanking

cjw
11-16-2018, 01:30 AM
I never thought I’d say it, but I miss Gasol being out there. Poeltl is unplayable and Aldridge has to eat so many minutes as the lone big.

This team is a few top performances from being 4-10. Which I’d be fine with at this rate. The defense is hard to watch.

sasaint
11-16-2018, 01:31 AM
But Aldridge has to go.

The number of ST posters who think he is a keeper just boggles my mind.

DMC
11-16-2018, 08:03 AM
Fans: "It's about building a winning team!"
Franchise: "It's about remaining profitable by filling seats!"

You don't remain profitable by losing your attractions.

exstatic
11-16-2018, 08:10 AM
We’re gonna already have a first round pick from the raptors this year is the year for tanking

Ask Philly fans how that’s working for them. Five plus years, and counting, and they seem to be sliding backwards now.

DMC
11-16-2018, 08:12 AM
Ask Philly fans how that’s working for them. Five plus years, and counting, and they seem to be sliding backwards now.

Same with Cleveland. They had how many 1st overall picks on the floor at the same time, 4 or 5? Without Lebron they couldn't make the playoffs and won't again after him.

duncan2k5
11-16-2018, 09:21 AM
I've been saying this since Aldridge himself wanted to leave... I think resigning him was what triggered Kawhi to leave... Kawhi seems like a fierce competitor and for our FO to sign Aldridge to an extension without proving himself after him choking and demanding a trade pissed me off and did the same to Kawhi, who I'm sure first hand saw LMA's locker room cancerous traits... Get him out now! He will only get worse and more untradeable

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-16-2018, 09:38 AM
Lol do you read this forum? 60% of ST would agree with you

Exactly! Except I’d say more like 75%.

You’re just echoing what most folks have said already. But...you did start a new thread to express another conforming opinion to the other 200 or so exact same ones out there with a nice little emo touch to it. So, nice job with that! :tu

SpursDynasty85
11-16-2018, 10:24 AM
O recall seeing Aldridhe very annoyed and almost giving up last night. Hope this helps him focus more and get going otherwise Spurs will be about a 35 win team. Gay playing well when healthy though.

SnakeBoy
11-16-2018, 05:09 PM
Why keep Derozan if the Spurs go into full rebuild mode? Just trade him for picks too.

MultiTroll
11-16-2018, 05:32 PM
Instead of
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoTEZtizuPrvUEqtNPzvLeKeu3rLKnx ft6ADI3Iw4uFJJPRHrD

Mirrornick
11-16-2018, 06:26 PM
Only team that will take demar realistically is someone who is a contender tier and there aren't that many at all. I think the Lakers would want demar as the star scorer next to LeBron. But what would Lakers give up for demar that they didn't for kawhi.

JeffDuncan
11-16-2018, 06:38 PM
Stop talking nonsense. Any team with the money would be very pleased to have DDR. It's "only" the money part that's the problem.

Mirrornick
11-16-2018, 07:42 PM
Stop talking nonsense. Any team with the money would be very pleased to have DDR. It's "only" the money part that's the problem.

Tanking teams wouldn't want a 29 year old demar at this point. Demar can win gAmes

Arcadian
11-17-2018, 12:00 AM
What makes you think the Spurs are trying to win games? They haven't won any lately :lol

Slippy
11-17-2018, 12:29 AM
I never thought I’d say it, but I miss Gasol being out there. Poeltl is unplayable and Aldridge has to eat so many minutes as the lone big.

This team is a few top performances from being 4-10. Which I’d be fine with at this rate. The defense is hard to watch.

This

I also think LA will turn it around by the new year. The older you get , the longer it takes to loosen up and get into rythm. The other part of his game where there's no doubt he'll improve is his jumper. The guy is missing open ones that he normally hits with his eyes closed. It's only a matter of time where it goes back to being consistent.

duncan2k5
11-18-2018, 06:56 AM
This

I also think LA will turn it around by the new year. The older you get , the longer it takes to loosen up and get into rythm. The other part of his game where there's no doubt he'll improve is his jumper. The guy is missing open ones that he normally hits with his eyes closed. It's only a matter of time where it goes back to being consistent.

What's the point of him turning it around? Just to choke in the first round?