PDA

View Full Version : We need to talk about Aldridge

Dhbsr555
11-16-2018, 11:50 PM
Not since his rookie year has he made less field goals and it’s not like he’s not getting the attempts he is attempting nearly 17 a game while only averaging 6.5. Over his last two games he has only mustered 6/27 field goals for a total of 16 points. As spurs fans we speak about mills and Forbes defense but Aldridge has been a huge red flag . # tankforzion

Spur916
11-16-2018, 11:54 PM
He put the team on his back last year and carried us to the playoffs but he does not look nearly as engaged this season.

JeffDuncan
11-16-2018, 11:54 PM
We are talking about LMA. In another thread right beside this one. You didn't notice?

Pavlov
11-16-2018, 11:56 PM
We are talking about LMA. In another thread right beside this one. You didn't notice?It's his fucking thread.

OP is whore.

Dhbsr555
11-17-2018, 12:39 AM
Key word last year

playblair
11-17-2018, 12:57 AM
aldridge cant play with another star player he has to be the sole star player...............

JakeCuenca
11-17-2018, 01:01 AM
aldridge cant play with another star player he has to be the sole star player...............

Boom.

John B
11-17-2018, 03:05 AM
Keep White feeding him the ball. He needs to establish himself early and open the shots for everybody when double/triple team comes. He can’t keep on settling for fadeaways, but curl in the middle and attack the rim, get into free throw lines. He’s best when he’s beasting it down low, like a diesel instead of fadeaway

DeRozan m8
11-17-2018, 03:38 AM

Yep, this.

I wish we could get rid of him tbh

Larry O
11-17-2018, 05:02 AM
I think that there may be some possible variables in this matter as to why Aldridge is having a difficult time scoring in this early part of the season. Could he be slowly finding his rhythm right now and by the end of December, he will regain his scoring touch to the point that he will be averaging 20 points a game? I noticed, for instance, in the last game, that he was rushing his shots; not taking advantage of mismatches; poor positioning in the paint and poor decision making when he was double teamed. He did show flashes of last year's LMA (Lean, Mean Awesome) in games against the Lakers and Pelicans. And when he did struggle to score, he excelled in rebounding along with some decent defense. Or could Aldridge be deferring to DD10 by design as a way for DeRozan to get aclamated with this team, and build chemistry between the two, or maybe Aldridge is reacting like some of the posters are suspecting... he's shrunk back because he wants to be the "top dog " on this team and because DD10 is in the spotlight, LA (Lousy Arse) is retaliating by pouting through his poopy performance? It did seem that when What's His Name was out of the way last year, Aldridge went beast mode last year. Here's another idea: it seems that since Gasol has been out of the lineup with his injury, Aldridge's game has not been quite the same. Or could it be that since the PG lineup has changed, this could have had an affect on Aldridge's game, and it will have some time for him to reestablish his rhythm again? Or could age be finally be catching up to him and it's starting to show in his game? Bottom line is that only Aldridge knows what is wrong with his game and it's up to him to fix the problem if any, or perhaps he can't or maybe he won't, but the season is still young, so we'll see what happens with him as the season progresses. Hopefully LMA returns and goes beast mode and average at least 20 points a game if this team wants to be competitive this season. GSG!!!

r0drig0lac
11-17-2018, 05:45 AM
I think that there may be some possible variables in this matter as to why Aldridge is having a difficult time scoring in this early part of the season. Could he be slowly finding his rhythm right now and by the end of December, he will regain his scoring touch to the point that he will be averaging 20 points a game? I noticed, for instance, in the last game, that he was rushing his shots; not taking advantage of mismatches; poor positioning in the paint and poor decision making when he was double teamed. He did show flashes of last year's LMA (Lean, Mean Awesome) in games against the Lakers and Pelicans. And when he did struggle to score, he excelled in rebounding along with some decent defense. Or could Aldridge be deferring to DD10 by design as a way for DeRozan to get aclamated with this team, and build chemistry between the two, or maybe Aldridge is reacting like some of the posters are suspecting... he's shrunk back because he wants to be the "top dog " on this team and because DD10 is in the spotlight, LA (Lousy Arse) is retaliating by pouting through his poopy performance? It did seem that when What's His Name was out of the way last year, Aldridge went beast mode last year. Here's another idea: it seems that since Gasol has been out of the lineup with his injury, Aldridge's game has not been quite the same. Or could it be that since the PG lineup has changed, this could have had an affect on Aldridge's game, and it will have some time for him to reestablish his rhythm again? Or could age be finally be catching up to him and it's starting to show in his game? Bottom line is that only Aldridge knows what is wrong with his game and it's up to him to fix the problem if any, or perhaps he can't or maybe he won't, but the season is still young, so we'll see what happens with him as the season progresses. Hopefully LMA returns and goes beast mode and average at least 20 points a game if this team wants to be competitive this season. GSG!!!

no way, he's just playing like shit offensively, the shots are there as they were last season

Roscoe P. Coltrane
11-17-2018, 10:30 AM
I think that there may be some possible variables in this matter as to why Aldridge is having a difficult time scoring in this early part of the season. Could he be slowly finding his rhythm right now and by the end of December, he will regain his scoring touch to the point that he will be averaging 20 points a game? I noticed, for instance, in the last game, that he was rushing his shots; not taking advantage of mismatches; poor positioning in the paint and poor decision making when he was double teamed. He did show flashes of last year's LMA (Lean, Mean Awesome) in games against the Lakers and Pelicans. And when he did struggle to score, he excelled in rebounding along with some decent defense. Or could Aldridge be deferring to DD10 by design as a way for DeRozan to get aclamated with this team, and build chemistry between the two, or maybe Aldridge is reacting like some of the posters are suspecting... he's shrunk back because he wants to be the "top dog " on this team and because DD10 is in the spotlight, LA (Lousy Arse) is retaliating by pouting through his poopy performance? It did seem that when What's His Name was out of the way last year, Aldridge went beast mode last year. Here's another idea: it seems that since Gasol has been out of the lineup with his injury, Aldridge's game has not been quite the same. Or could it be that since the PG lineup has changed, this could have had an affect on Aldridge's game, and it will have some time for him to reestablish his rhythm again? Or could age be finally be catching up to him and it's starting to show in his game? Bottom line is that only Aldridge knows what is wrong with his game and it's up to him to fix the problem if any, or perhaps he can't or maybe he won't, but the season is still young, so we'll see what happens with him as the season progresses. Hopefully LMA returns and goes beast mode and average at least 20 points a game if this team wants to be competitive this season. GSG!!! I think it's age.

NameLess Scrub
11-17-2018, 12:22 PM
It's frustrating, like every time he underachieves.

Also seems like every time he gets guarded by Harden he melts down

gambit1990
11-17-2018, 12:28 PM
disagree.

he came to sa to win... and he knows it’s gonna be another long season that won’t amount to a ring.

HarlemHeat37
11-17-2018, 12:40 PM
Last season probably added some serious mileage..he carried a horrible offense to the playoffs, while anchoring a great defense..it's not something you would usually ask for from a player his age, especially in today's NBA where bigs are at a disadvantage..

Truth4sale$
11-17-2018, 12:46 PM
Aldridge cant get in a rhythm, spurs are out of sync. Lineup changes, new players in/out, injures, playing out of position.(comfort). LA cant get into any rhythm without chemistry with his teammates. Also, last year we had better post play passers, between Gasol, Dejounte, Parker, Anderson and Ginobili, we had guys who know how to get the ball to Aldridge. Now, we have only Gasol who can deliver a pass. Popovich, said it best...DeRozan is our best passer and we took the ball out of his hands and gave it to White, who has limited experience playing with Aldridge.
What do you honestly expect, when he gets the ball, in spots he is not comfortable, success. No, you get what we get...3-12 shooting nights. But he is rebounding, which I commend him on that one, and so far he ain't complaining either.

Spurs Homer
11-17-2018, 12:58 PM
Aldridge is a pro.
Seasons are up & down.

He will get into a groove when he gets into a groove. Non issue.

SpurPadre
11-17-2018, 01:44 PM
A lot was asked of him last year and he delivered but it led to heavy mileage and he's now 33 years old in a league that's gotten faster and more athletic. He's still effective but we can't expect him to be a superstar at this point, tbh. We should expect him to still be somewhat of a star or at least a better complimentary player for DeRozan, though.

cd021
11-17-2018, 02:33 PM
Aldridge cant get in a rhythm, spurs are out of sync. Lineup changes, new players in/out, injures, playing out of position.(comfort). LA cant get into any rhythm without chemistry with his teammates. Also, last year we had better post play passers, between Gasol, Dejounte, Parker, Anderson and Ginobili, we had guys who know how to get the ball to Aldridge. Now, we have only Gasol who can deliver a pass. Popovich, said it best...DeRozan is our best passer and we took the ball out of his hands and gave it to White, who has limited experience playing with Aldridge.
What do you honestly expect, when he gets the ball, in spots he is not comfortable, success. No, you get what we get...3-12 shooting nights. But he is rebounding, which I commend him on that one, and so far he ain't complaining either.

Yeah I don't buy that at all. He played center 55% of the time last year, so it's not like he's foreign to it in the Spurs system. He's also played much better in previous seasons where there was roster turnover and a lot of lineup changes.

The post passing has been fine in the games that I have seen (all but 3 of them). He's not been as strong in the post; after bullying opposing bigs last season. His finishing at the rim has regressed as well as his midrange game. He isn't shooting in the low 40s because White is starting, he's in a slump.

Arcadian
11-17-2018, 02:41 PM
How quickly you bitches are to turn on him.

He's struggling finding his shot. I bet he finds it. It's not like he's useless out there. He's boarding and defending at a high level.

cd021
11-17-2018, 02:50 PM
Aldridge is a pro.
Seasons are up & down.

He will get into a groove when he gets into a groove. Non issue.

He may find his grove but it's surprising that people are being really dismissive of his struggles.

As a Spurs, he's shot at least 49% in every season on 2s. He's at 42% now despite his average shot distance being the second shortest of his career.

RD2191
11-17-2018, 05:48 PM

He's struggling finding his shot. I bet he finds it. It's not like he's useless out there. He's boarding and defending at a high level.

We didn't pay him to rebound. He's a worthless bum. Fuck him.

iGetbuckets
11-17-2018, 06:04 PM
Trade him and let demar fake an injury to complete the tank

weeks
11-17-2018, 11:41 PM
I'm not ready to write him off - after all he didn't quit on us like a pussy ass bitch last year - but he is quickly becoming my least favorite spur tbh

SpurPadre
11-17-2018, 11:44 PM
I'm not ready to write him off - after all he didn't quit on us like a pussy ass bitch last year - but he is quickly becoming my least favorite spur tbh

Mills, Forbes, and Poodle say hi, tbh.

Dhbsr555
11-18-2018, 02:35 AM
Excellent idea

SouthTexasRancher
11-18-2018, 06:15 AM
It is imperative he comes out of his slum and soon. Tonight would be a good time to start. If he continues to slump then I have to start questioning his desire for a championship and a willingness to share the spotlight with another star player.

duncan2k5
11-18-2018, 06:34 AM

Exactly... I've been saying LMA was the problem since forever... I understand ppl were mad at Kawhi, but it was LMA and his bad vibes that were the problem... But since we were winning in that 2017 season all he could do was pout silently... I remember that season reports were going around saying LMA was disgruntled...

The playoff loss was his excuse to leave for a team where he was the Alpha... And I'm sure Kawhi hated him resigning and getting an extension because even I hated it... Dude has a vibe about him that just brings down people's spirits... Trade immediately

duncan2k5
11-18-2018, 06:36 AM

If someone can only be good with Gasol in the game, then they're not good

duncan2k5
11-18-2018, 06:39 AM

High level? Lmfao!

r0drig0lac
11-18-2018, 06:45 AM
If someone can only be good with Gasol in the game, then they're not good

Arcadian
11-18-2018, 12:50 PM
High level? Lmfao!

Let's put it this way... As bad as the Spurs look right now, they'd look exponentially worse without Aldridge. Imagine a starting lineup featuring Bertans and Poeltl :lol

Mirrornick
11-18-2018, 12:52 PM
Let's put it this way... As bad as the Spurs look right now, they'd look exponentially worse without Aldridge. We were spoiled for years with Duncan, but not everyone can be Duncan. Appreciate having a skilled big man while it lasts.

As much as I am positive about LMA regaining his shooting touch, unfortunately so far he hasn't broken out of the slump. To even suggest that he isn't getting touches is wrong as well. He is the 1st option in the half court set. DeRozan might shoot more because he's doing it in transition pushing the ball carrying the team. LMA needs to start making his open 16 footers and the team will be all right.

duncan2k5
11-19-2018, 09:06 AM
Let's put it this way... As bad as the Spurs look right now, they'd look exponentially worse without Aldridge. Imagine a starting lineup featuring Bertans and Poeltl :lol

U can say that about any team except the warriors... Most teams losing best/ second best player would be worse

Allan Rowe vs Wade
11-19-2018, 09:24 AM
how does LMA's A taste OP?

duncan2k5
11-19-2018, 09:31 AM
how does LMA's A taste OP?

How does this disprove anything? No one is saying LMA won't ever have a good game again in life... Smh