PDA

View Full Version : Spurs sign Ben Moore to a two-way NBA contract

Spurs Brazil
11-17-2018, 08:52 PM
Shams Charania

Sources on @TheAthleticNBA @WatchStadium: The San Antonio Spurs are signing forward Ben Moore to a two-way NBA contract. Moore started this season with the Indiana Pacers.

Texas_Ranger
11-17-2018, 08:52 PM
stacked

ace3g
11-17-2018, 08:53 PM
OMG he is 6'8!!!!

timtonymanu
11-17-2018, 08:54 PM
must have some elite corporate knowledge

Dverde
11-17-2018, 08:55 PM
It takes Bertrans having a concussion for PATFO to realize they don’t have enough bigs

NASpurs
11-17-2018, 08:55 PM
Enjoy rotting away in Austin

slick'81
11-17-2018, 08:56 PM
Lets goooooooo!!

sasaint
11-17-2018, 08:59 PM
It takes Bertrans having a concussion for PATFO to realize they don’t have enough bigs

I thought he was a wing.

Hoops Czar
11-17-2018, 08:59 PM
I guess it beats rotting away on his couch.

slick'81
11-17-2018, 09:00 PM
I thought he was a wing.

Looks like a possible 3/4

sasaint
11-17-2018, 09:00 PM
I think this is our last 2-way, so Huestis seems like the odd man out.

TheGreatYacht
11-17-2018, 09:01 PM
Averaged 11 & 6 in 28 minutes last year in the G-League. He's a 6'8 power forward that can't shoot.

Terrence Jones is going off in the G-League and they bring this guy up :lmao PATFO

exstatic
11-17-2018, 09:08 PM

You do understand the nature of the contract, right? Two ways can only spend a total of 45 days with the big club. That’s game days, travel days, practice days, and off days. Luckily, Austin is close, so they can keep it mostly to game days, unless they’re on the road.

bklynspursfan
11-17-2018, 09:08 PM
I thought he was a wing.

Yeah looks like he's 6'7

ace3g
11-17-2018, 09:19 PM
https://www.theringer.com/2017/6/21/16077430/2017-nba-draft-sleeper-southern-methodist-university-ben-moore-2d0480528286

ace3g
11-17-2018, 09:23 PM
Player with decent handles and ability to finish around the basket off the dribble - in the process of reworking his shooing mechanics (hopefully Chip can help with that).

SAGirl
11-17-2018, 09:45 PM
Don’t know who he is but I am glad they got somebody. They need bodies now and Josh Huestis is still a month or more than that, away from even practice games in the Gleague...

SAGirl
11-17-2018, 09:50 PM
What a slap in the face to Blossomgame tho.

exstatic
11-17-2018, 09:53 PM
https://www.theringer.com/2017/6/21/16077430/2017-nba-draft-sleeper-southern-methodist-university-ben-moore-2d0480528286

I thought there might be an LB connection through SMU.

Ragamuffin
11-17-2018, 10:03 PM
ben moore is good player? can help spurs ?

sananspursfan21
11-17-2018, 10:18 PM
He’s a 68 on 2k so pass!

ace3g
11-17-2018, 10:30 PM
His twitter page

https://twitter.com/JaminTheFiend

dbestpro
11-17-2018, 10:36 PM
Another name who will help at nothing.

Blackhaus
11-17-2018, 10:47 PM
Who?

Chinook
11-17-2018, 11:11 PM
Averaged 11 & 6 in 28 minutes last year in the G-League. He's a 6'8 power forward that can't shoot.

Terrence Jones is going off in the G-League and they bring this guy up :lmao PATFO

Jones isn't eligible for a two-way.

SpurPadre
11-17-2018, 11:19 PM
Is he athletic?

ace3g
11-17-2018, 11:21 PM
Only way to develop talent at SF and/or mobile PF - you have to sign said players first.

John B
11-17-2018, 11:23 PM
Spurs just found their Draymond. This kid’s hardworking, last man on the court, and has very high bball IQ. He’ll do all the little things to help win. I like this kid a lot.

SpurPadre
11-17-2018, 11:26 PM
Spurs just found their Draymond. This kid’s hardworking, last man on the court, and has very high bball IQ. He’ll do all the little things to help win. I like this kid a lot.

In other words, another unathletic Spur?

John B
11-18-2018, 12:36 AM
In other words, another unathletic Spur?
6’8” with 6’11” wingspan, high energy guy and ability to set up plays. He’s a glue guy.

timvp
11-18-2018, 12:43 AM
He looks like more of a mobile four rather than a small forward. Obviously, that is one of the areas where the Spurs could use help. In fact, a mobile four might be the most pressing need ahead of small forward, tbh.

So far this season, he has 80 points in 100 minutes on 30-for-41 shooting from the field in the G-League. Intriguing. Shall be interesting to see if the Spurs call him up right away with Bertans out or if he'll report to Austin.

Looks like a good signing, especially since Larry Brown is usually a good judge of talent (well, outside of the Jackie Butler recommendation).

SpurPadre
11-18-2018, 12:47 AM
6’8” with 6’11” wingspan, high energy guy and ability to set up plays. He’s a glue guy.

Thanks. Let's see what he can do, then.

Degoat
11-18-2018, 12:59 AM
Hmmm interesting, I’m guessing Huestis injury was taking to much time, but it is odd that we didn’t give this 2-way spot to Blossomgame. Hopefully this kid shows some promise.

ace3g
11-18-2018, 01:02 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjFZJXLTvm8

wildbill2u
11-18-2018, 01:56 AM

You are the only poster with any knowledge of this guy. I.m willing to be impressed. What is your source of info. Personal observation or some sort of basketball writer's opinion or what?

Chinook
11-18-2018, 04:08 AM
Jeff Van Gundy coached Moore last year for FIBA. He was gushing about Ben during one of the Pacers games ESPN did. I know being a good d-league guy doesn't mean a lot, but being a coach's favorite couldn't hurt.

r0drig0lac
11-18-2018, 04:11 AM
OMG he is 6'8!!!!

nba = fucked (?)

TheGreatYacht
11-18-2018, 04:19 AM
:lmao

TheGreatYacht
11-18-2018, 04:21 AM
Jones isn't eligible for a two-way.
I know that, but since we're picking up G-League players, why not pick up the best at his position and one where Spurs have no choice but to play Dante Cunningham and Bertans?

SouthTexasRancher
11-18-2018, 06:11 AM
Here we go again. Why doesn't PATFO just sign some elite 5' 4" - 140 lb. Class 1A F/C to a guaranteed 5 year, $50 million contract and make him a starter. Couldn't be any worse than LMA at this point. LMA needs to come out of his slump tonight. And we need to get back on the winning track asap.

Yes. I know rookies can't sign a contract but, but, but.

JeffDuncan
11-18-2018, 06:27 AM
I checked Google for Ben Moore and I discovered that he's a new dimension in paint! Should be a colorful addition to the silver and black. Also, he plays catcher and throws right handed. Cool. We need that.

spurs50_
11-18-2018, 06:48 AM
Yep, we're tanking

jermaine
11-18-2018, 07:39 AM
Why not just let Metu play?

ceperez
11-18-2018, 07:54 AM
Given that the Spurs can make diamonds out of coal. A lengthy 6'8" guy with good handles may not be such a bad deal.

r0drig0lac
11-18-2018, 09:22 AM
will this kid be available today?

dbestpro
11-18-2018, 09:26 AM
Not quite sure if the Spurs are trying to tank or stay mediocre. They sure are not trying to compete with the better teams with this roster as it is currently constructed.

TheGreatYacht
11-18-2018, 09:28 AM
Given that the Spurs can make diamonds out of coal. A lengthy 6'8" guy with good handles may not be such a bad deal.
:lmao people still believe this

8FOR!3
11-18-2018, 09:54 AM
I seem to think he's probably more of an NBA player than Cunningham and Pondexter. Idk if he can defend wings on the NBA level but he in college/d league he was a physical defender who moved really well laterally, granted idk if that lateral movement would translate to NBA wings, I have a bad feeling it won't. But obviously Cunningham's doesn't either. He can play in the post and is a pretty smart player, he seems to know where to be and do the right things. If you consider him a 4 then yeah I'd say he has good handles. He's more fluid of an athlete than Cunningham. Idk if he has upside any better than just being a rotation player but I think it's safe to say he does have NBA rotation upside in the right situation. He's got good fundamentals, puts in the effort, really wants to win. Coaches speak very highly of him. Granted that doesn't mean his upside is really high, it just means he's probably a good guy to have on the team and might can give you some minutes.

I think it's safe to say that Indiana had a lot of depth at the 3 and 4. With Bogdonavic/McDermott (finally getting buckets) at the 3 and Sabonis/Thaddeus Young/TJ Leaf at the 4 he was never going to get any minutes there. But he might be a rotation player on a solid team.

J_Paco
11-18-2018, 11:01 AM
Here we go again. Why doesn't PATFO just sign some elite 5' 4" - 140 lb. Class 1A F/C to a guaranteed 5 year, $50 million contract and make him a starter. Couldn't be any worse than LMA at this point. LMA needs to come out of his slump tonight. And we need to get back on the winning track asap.

Yes. I know rookies can't sign a contract but, but, but.

What?! Why are you whining incoherently about the team signing a two-way player? I think finding a wing is more important, but clearly small ball 4 is an issue with Bertans struggling (thus far) and Cunningham as the only other option.

The two-way contract is made exactly for players like Ben Moore. Giving them a "chance" to make the NBA without costing teams' a vital 15 - man roster spot.

J_Paco
11-18-2018, 11:09 AM
I seem to think he's probably more of an NBA player than Cunningham and Pondexter. Idk if he can defend wings on the NBA level but he in college/d league he was a physical defender who moved really well laterally, granted idk if that lateral movement would translate to NBA wings, I have a bad feeling it won't. But obviously Cunningham's doesn't either. He can play in the post and is a pretty smart player, he seems to know where to be and do the right things. If you consider him a 4 then yeah I'd say he has good handles. He's more fluid of an athlete than Cunningham. Idk if he has upside any better than just being a rotation player but I think it's safe to say he does have NBA rotation upside in the right situation. He's got good fundamentals, puts in the effort, really wants to win. Coaches speak very highly of him. Granted that doesn't mean his upside is really high, it just means he's probably a good guy to have on the team and might can give you some minutes.

I think it's safe to say that Indiana had a lot of depth at the 3 and 4. With Bogdonavic/McDermott (finally getting buckets) at the 3 and Sabonis/Thaddeus Young/TJ Leaf at the 4 he was never going to get any minutes there. But he might be a rotation player on a solid team.

Wow, a sensible take. Didn't think those were allowed on ST, anymore. I'd say he has more of chance to stick as a 10th, 11th man possibly better if, that is a big if, his perimeter shooting improves enough.

Spurs have developed players with his profile up before I'm not sure if has the upside to reach the level of Green and Simmons, though. They need to still remain diligent about finding another wing player that can contribute, especially when it seems Gay will be in and out of the lineup.

ECOV
11-18-2018, 11:12 AM
:lmao people still believe this

Its called being optimistic you should try it maybe you will be a happier person. Who knows just my opinion

TheGreatYacht
11-18-2018, 11:14 AM
Its called being optimistic you should try it maybe you will be a happier person. Who knows just my opinion
Did they turn Fathead into a diamond? Aside from his skull being unbreakable..

ceperez
11-18-2018, 11:33 AM

I agree, he moves more fluidly than Cunningham and has much better handles.

He doesn't have the requisite NBA bulk. Going to get pushed around just like Bertans.

JeffDuncan
11-18-2018, 11:40 AM

I guess you mean Anderson. Strangely enough the Spurs managed to turn him into a competent defensive player despite his lack of speed. The Spurs "system" may be grossly overhyped, but still, credit where credit is due.

Chinook
11-18-2018, 11:55 AM
I know that, but since we're picking up G-League players, why not pick up the best at his position and one where Spurs have no choice but to play Dante Cunningham and Bertans?

Comes with a different opportunity cost. Moore doesn't cost them anything, either against the cap or in terms of a player already on the team. Not only do they retain the spot that Pon takes ups (which they can use for trades or whatever), but they can cut Moore at any time and sign another two-way player. I certainly don't think QP is so valuable that they had to avoid moving him or something, but I don't fault them for keeping his contract on the books rather than bringing Jones in. The Spurs didn't find guys like Danny Green and Patty Mills by signing washed-up d-league vets.

exstatic
11-18-2018, 02:19 PM

He shot 35% from 3, so his shot is apparently more accurate than your shitty takes.

ECOV
11-18-2018, 02:28 PM
We are not talking about kyle, so stop making comparisons as well. Just makes you invalid

exstatic
11-18-2018, 02:37 PM
Why not just let Metu play?

They did. Didn’t work out too well.

The Closer
11-18-2018, 02:51 PM
OMG he is 6'8!!!!

That's good. Is he a SF?

TheGreatYacht
11-18-2018, 03:15 PM
He shot 35% from 3, so his shot is apparently more accurate than your shitty takes.
27k posts and not one of them was good. Coming for that Kobe all time misses record I see, bum.

JeffDuncan
11-18-2018, 03:16 PM
... Is he a SF?

He's apparently whatever F you want. His Basketball Reference stats call him a PF, but Wikipedia says SF, and ESPN just says F.

jermaine
11-18-2018, 03:17 PM

You can't learn shit being yanked cuz of mistakes.

weebo
11-18-2018, 03:18 PM

Like his ass is gonna stayed glued to bench...

sasaint
11-18-2018, 03:18 PM

Depends on what you want. It is one of our best tank strategies.

r0drig0lac
11-18-2018, 03:20 PM
Like his ass is gonna stayed glued to bench...

not bad

BackHome
11-18-2018, 03:21 PM
He played the 4 and 5 in College but he has good handles and can get to the rim and finish at a high rate. He is also pretty good at help defense and has a springy jump which helps in put backs, rebounds, and blocks. He is as someone mentioned a mobile SF/PF. I agree with some post that’s if he can improve his 3 ball he could become a good back up looking like a 10th man.

At this point I would rather go through young guys who may have a chance then old vets playing last year in league. Was really pissed as the Spurs should have had three or four SF in G League last year and this year.

JeffDuncan
11-18-2018, 03:24 PM
Hell, if he's springy he's our 6th man! Lol

RC_Drunkford
11-18-2018, 03:26 PM
Underrated signing. This guy has a very complete game. Long wing span, super athletic and mobile. High Bball IQ, good locker room guy, hard worker and got coached by Pop's mentor Larry Brown. He's a good shot blocker, rebounder and passer, makes hustle plays, sets good screens, can roll or play pick and pop. Has a midrange as well as a 3-point shot and good handles. Has also post moves and a jump hook.

If you ask me he's already a better player than Metu and Blossomgame and is better at everything in Basketball than Bertans except 3-point shooting. All he really needs is minutes, I hope Pops gives him those. He might need a year or two but could be a good rotation piece going forward and maybe even starter down the line. If his game translates to the NBA level he should be able to surpass Cunningham. This is the perfect 4 to play next to Aldridge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYonk0kcg9w

John B
11-18-2018, 03:49 PM
Underrated signing. This guy has a very complete game. Long wing span, super athletic and mobile. High Bball IQ, good locker room guy, hard worker and got coached by Pop's mentor Larry Brown. He's a good shot blocker, rebounder and passer, makes hustle plays, sets good screens, can roll or play pick and pop. Has a midrange as well as a 3-point shot and good handles. Has also post moves and a jump hook.

If you ask me he's already a better player than Metu and Blossomgame and is better at everything in Basketball than Bertans except 3-point shooting. All he really needs is minutes, I hope Pops gives him those. He might need a year or two but could be a good rotation piece going forward and maybe even starter down the line. If his game translates to the NBA level he should be able to surpass Cunningham. This is the perfect 4 to play next to Aldridge.

I like this signing. If his skills translate to nba level, we have a pretty young core in the future. He is a passing big and that’s what we missed losing Diaw, Splitter and even Kyle. He’s working on his 3 points shots, and that would get him the minutes at 3 and D.

ceperez
11-18-2018, 03:50 PM

Well, I'm not going to go as far to say that he's better than Metu. He definitely has more skill than Metu, but has less athleticism and size.

Blossomgame has an NBA body, but I suspect that he's too small for the game he plays. There's a reason why he isn't part of the team.

He's just on a two-way, so there's something that PATFO is hesitant about. In general, PATFO has picked up guys from nowhere that have become serviceable players. Temple, Jamychal Green, Tolliver. These guys never got drafted but seem to be good enough to keep getting contracts.

RC_Drunkford
11-18-2018, 03:56 PM
he's definitely slept on and has all the tools to make it. His game is pretty complete and he also has the work ethic. It will take a while, but if somebody can turn him into an NBA player it's the Spurs

John B
11-18-2018, 04:02 PM
Well, I'm not going to go as far to say that he's better than Metu. He definitely has more skill than Metu, but has less athleticism and size.

Blossomgame has an NBA body, but I suspect that he's too small for the game he plays. There's a reason why he isn't part of the team.

He's just on a two-way, so there's something that PATFO is hesitant about. In general, PATFO has picked up guys from nowhere that have become serviceable players. Temple, Jamychal Green, Tolliver. These guys never got drafted but seem to be good enough to keep getting contracts.
I was high on Metu also, but seeing him play out there showed he was a lot of times lost, turnover prone, albeit rookie mistakes that’s why he needs to spend more time in G-League. Granted Metu has length and athleticism, but right now Moore seems more nba ready than him, so far.

ceperez
11-18-2018, 04:19 PM
I was high on Metu also, but seeing him play out there showed he was a lot of times lost, turnover prone, albeit rookie mistakes that’s why he needs to spend more time in G-League. Granted Metu has length and athleticism, but right now Moore seems more nba ready than him, so far.

I agree that he has to spend time in the G-league. Has he even played a game there?

But let's be real here, Moore is a two-way, Metu has a guaranteed contract. That's a massive difference in the eyes of PATFO.

JeffDuncan
11-18-2018, 04:33 PM
How big are Moore's hands?

TD 21
11-18-2018, 04:55 PM
Again with the archaic positional designation. He should be classified as a big wing. Since he's a poor range shooter, I'd compare him to the likes of Hollis-Jefferson, Kidd-Gilchrist and (Stanley) Johnson.

The first two now play almost exclusively as nominal PF's and the third probably would if the 2 best players on his team weren't bigs, but they're still wing defenders. All that really means is, they longer play with two traditional bigs, so they don't have to serve as pseudo perimeter players on offense.

J_Paco
11-18-2018, 05:25 PM
He played the 4 and 5 in College but he has good handles and can get to the rim and finish at a high rate. He is also pretty good at help defense and has a springy jump which helps in put backs, rebounds, and blocks. He is as someone mentioned a mobile SF/PF. I agree with some post that’s if he can improve his 3 ball he could become a good back up looking like a 10th man.

At this point I would rather go through young guys who may have a chance then old vets playing last year in league. Was really pissed as the Spurs should have had three or four SF in G League last year and this year.

Or in Summer League or training camp. But that is all a moot point, now.

It says a lot that they gave Moore a two-way spot before Blossomgame. They really must not see him as a NBA level prospect or developmental project. I hope he eventually catches on with another NBA team this season, though.

I think Moore being further along as a three-point threat (even if at low volume) is what made them acquire him.

J_Paco
11-18-2018, 05:35 PM
Again with the archaic positional designation. He should be classified as a big wing. Since he's a poor range shooter, I'd compare him to the likes of Hollis-Jefferson, Kidd-Gilchrist and (Stanley) Johnson.

The first two now play almost exclusively as nominal PF's and the third probably would if the 2 best players on his team weren't bigs, but they're still wing defenders. All that really means is, they longer play with two traditional bigs, so they don't have to serve as pseudo perimeter players on offense.

So, essentially a combo forward ala Draymond Green (probably the best in today's NBA), the three you mentioned, Johnathan Isaac, James Johnson and Justise Winslow.

Obviously, his ceiling is much, much lower than all those players but if he works hard enough, shows enough progress and develops more of an outside touch could carve out a 5 - 10 year NBA career.

Eventually playing a similar role to Kyle Anderson would be a huge, huge win.

r0drig0lac
11-18-2018, 05:42 PM
he seems to have legitimate offensive skills, but he can also be a bruiser when he wants, spurs really need a guy like that, the question is if these skills can translate in the nba, but they're there

Coach X
11-18-2018, 07:02 PM
I like the signing.

It's good to see the club recognizes the weaknesses of the roster. Metu, Moore, Huestis? are supposed to add athleticism, rebound, defensive versatility and the ability to play quality, collective basketball. And they fit into the Spurs culture. Cunningham is barely ok as a starter (exceptionally and at SF but not at PF), Bertans hasn't improved enough in defense, Metu is too raw yet and only Gay remains really playable in both sides of the court in a Forward position.

It's interesting how the club is looking more and more for athleticism in young players (not more Forbes please). Moore currently looks like we would like Metu to look at the end of this season. Similar profiles IMO. Hopefully, Moore's game is more developed and mature than Metu's. There is a significant difference between them in terms of basketball experience.

I guess the plan for him is to start with the Toros learning the system and then progressively participate in practices with the NBA team until the coaches think he deserves an opportunity in a game. I think PATFO will try to speed up this process as much as possible. Given his profile, background and references, it looks like the Spurs think of him as a player that can help the team now and probably he signed being told he could have a real chance of playing NBA minutes.

Truth4sale$
11-18-2018, 09:35 PM
I was really surprised by this signing, as I was wondering why the Spurs had not brought anyone in for the 2nd spot.
After reading up about him, he seems like a interesting prospect but he is clearly a tweener. He lacks size as well as bulk (he is listed as only 203 lbs). At that weight he is lighter than some small forwards. If he is a hustle/energy player, I am all for it., he can take Pondexter spot on the roster. The Spurs need an infusion of youth and hustle since they were relying on 40 yr old Manu as their energy/hustle player for the last 10 years.

SouthTexasRancher
11-19-2018, 06:18 AM
What?! Why are you whining incoherently about the team signing a two-way player? I think finding a wing is more important, but clearly small ball 4 is an issue with Bertans struggling (thus far) and Cunningham as the only other option.

The two-way contract is made exactly for players like Ben Moore. Giving them a "chance" to make the NBA without costing teams' a vital 15 - man roster spot.

Ignoramus, that was TIC but, you're too stupid to grasp such a thing. Too funny, you thought I was serious about signing an elite 5' 4" - 140 lb. Class 1A F/C to a guaranteed 5 year, $50 million contract and make him a starter. Good grief you are stupid. You fit in the imbecile category. and at the top of the class. Get an education, bozo. :ihit

duncan2k5
11-19-2018, 06:49 AM
I guess you mean Anderson. Strangely enough the Spurs managed to turn him into a competent defensive player despite his lack of speed. The Spurs "system" may be grossly overhyped, but still, credit where credit is due.

Spurs didn't turn him into a good defensive player... This narrative needs to die... If we had some magic formula, we wouldn't have so many bad defensive players on the team right now... Give players credit for their own skill and development... That's like saying the Bucks have some magic formula to make players like Giannis (who would have gone first in his draft if ppl knew how good he would end up being)

JeffDuncan
11-19-2018, 08:28 AM
Spurs didn't turn him into a good defensive player...

Yes they did. Period. There is no honest argument to the contrary.

bklynspursfan
11-20-2018, 12:03 PM
https://ipacers.com/2018/11/19/indiana-pacers-lost-strong-prospect-ben-moore/

bklynspursfan
11-20-2018, 12:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=qxmLVfso7lE

BatManu20
11-20-2018, 12:42 PM

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-20-2018, 12:47 PM

What's a "two-day" contract?

ace3g
11-22-2018, 11:37 AM
First 2 games with Spurs:

POS
MIN
FGM-A
3PM-A
FTM-A
+/-
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
PF
STL
TO
BS
BA
PTS

Ben
Moore
(https://gleague.nba.com/player/ben-moore/)

4-9
0-1
6-9

POS
MIN
FGM-A
3PM-A
FTM-A
+/-
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
PF
STL
TO
BS
BA
PTS

Ben
Moore
(https://gleague.nba.com/player/ben-moore/)

PF
2-4
0-0
0-2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7jI0Y5Vxe0

SAGirl
11-22-2018, 12:42 PM
PF? He barely weights 200 pounds. Probably smaller and lighter than Davis who already has issues a a PF... maybe a SF prospect?

BackHome
11-22-2018, 12:58 PM
He played Center and PF in college he know how to bang in the trenches he is not scarred of contact. He has good handles and is able to take it to the rim and finish with no problems. As far as he weight I am pretty sure that was his college weight he added built and is around 220 now.

John B
12-09-2018, 02:41 AM
Very Spurs material. Suit him up. Spurs need energizer and a glue guy.

RC_Drunkford
12-09-2018, 05:47 PM
Been saying play Moore. He's better than Cunningham

ace3g
03-02-2019, 05:55 PM
Just in case Ben Moore is the one that gets called up for the 15th spot.

phxspurfan
03-02-2019, 06:03 PM
He looks more athletic than our whole roster

exstatic
03-02-2019, 06:27 PM
Just in case Ben Moore is the one that gets called up for the 15th spot.

Moore could have been called up any time, as a two way player. Both two way players do not count against your 15 man roster. They are limited on days with the big club, 45 to be exact, but Moore has 0, as far as I know.

ace3g
05-13-2019, 08:03 PM
https://twitter.com/beyond_am/status/1127986464418091008

BWS-1994
05-13-2019, 08:25 PM
https://twitter.com/beyond_am/status/1127986464418091008

Anyone with the complete article, please? :eyebrows

8FOR!3
05-13-2019, 08:31 PM
At this point I don’t think he’s ever gonna be an nba rotation player. Hopefully he become effective in a Cunningham role

BackHome
05-13-2019, 08:49 PM
I hope your wrong but Spurs have drafted PF and tried to make them SF and have failed. But we need a young guy like this is athletic and long which we desperately need to improve our defense I am hoping he is working with Chip as we speak. He has the right character and I think he will be given every opportunity to make team and be successful he just got to put in the work and just play ball

CGD
05-13-2019, 08:52 PM
Did his shot improve?

RC_Drunkford
05-13-2019, 09:19 PM
Hope he's on the summer league roster. He'll have to show off there to have a chance

ginobilized
05-13-2019, 09:31 PM
Larry Brown called him a Derrick McKey type: defensive minded, great teammate, hard worker.
Gotta get that shot fixed. McKey carved out a 15 year career. Probably no coincidence he ended up with the Spurs.
Summer league will be interesting....

exstatic
05-13-2019, 11:02 PM
At this point I don’t think he’s ever gonna be an nba rotation player. Hopefully he become effective in a Cunningham role

I’m not sure how you can even say that. He’s had one cup of coffee with Indy, and shown out extremely well in the g-league. He shot 38% from 3 this season, and Larry Brown used to run him at PG during practice at SMU. He’s got perimeter skills, and he’s basically the same age as white,24.

D-Robinson 50 fan
05-14-2019, 05:10 PM
Hope he's on the summer league roster. He'll have to show off there to have a chance

I was about to post the same thing. This Summer league is going to be one of the most watched by me. I'm interested to see Walker, Moore and our draft picks play badly. I wonder who is going to coach this group of young men?

Roscoe P. Coltrane
05-14-2019, 11:57 PM
I was about to post the same thing. This Summer league is going to be one of the most watched by me. I'm interested to see Walker, Moore and our draft picks play badly. I wonder who is going to coach this group of young men?Uebanks will dominate the summer league.

BackHome
05-15-2019, 01:43 PM
Yeah Eubanks a walk on way out played Metu last year it will be interesting if he does the same this summer

D-Robinson 50 fan
05-15-2019, 01:46 PM
Eubanks did play well in limited minutes this season. I'm very interested to see how he plays in the summer league also. Metu didn't look like an NBA player

sasaint
05-15-2019, 01:49 PM
I’m not sure how you can even say that. He’s had one cup of coffee with Indy, and shown out extremely well in the g-league. He shot 38% from 3 this season, and Larry Brown used to run him at PG during practice at SMU. He’s got perimeter skills, and he’s basically the same age as white,24.

If Moore could work his way into the regular rotation this season and play well, that be huge for the Spurs.

BWS-1994
05-15-2019, 02:55 PM
Is Spurs Jonathon Simmons better than Ben Moore? An he make his into the roster via the same route?

exstatic
05-15-2019, 03:06 PM
Is Spurs Jonathon Simmons better than Ben Moore? An he make his into the roster via the same route?

They play different positons. JS is a straight up SG. Moore is a SF/PF hybrid.

I don't think anyone will ever take the same route to the Spurs as JS did.

BWS-1994
05-15-2019, 03:55 PM
They play different positons. JS is a straight up SG. Moore is a SF/PF hybrid.

I don't think anyone will ever take the same route to the Spurs as JS did.

Oh, I was thinking that they’re both wings. Hopefully, Pop will give him chances early in the season, like he did before with Simmons.

Coach X
05-15-2019, 04:25 PM
Summer League looks interesting: a little bit of Walker, the new rookies (potentially 3), Eubanks, Metu, Moore...

look_at_g_shred
05-15-2019, 04:38 PM
Summer League looks interesting: a little bit of Walker, the new rookies (potentially 3), Eubanks, Metu, Moore...
Hellyeah! Less than 2 months.

J_Paco
05-17-2019, 03:31 PM

I'm hoping, praying he shows real growth and dominates during the Summer League. The Spurs could use a young, hard - nosed, defensive - minded combo forward like Moore on the cheap. Especially, if Pop intends onsticking one of or both 1st round picks in Austin.

A steady diet of Murray, Walker, Moore & Poetl next season could help improve a mediocre to poor Spurs' defensive rotation.

timvp
05-18-2019, 12:04 AM
Jeff Van Gundy and Larry Brown love him and those might be Pop's two closest coach friends. Let's hope he works out better than LB's last recommendation (Jackie Butler).

SpursDynasty85
06-28-2019, 12:41 PM
This guy has the right body to back up Rudy when Bertans is getting bullied or beaten in a foot race. Probably more ready than Metu, Samanic, and Johnson this year?

Larry O
06-28-2019, 02:58 PM
With the free agency coming up on Sunday evening, the Spurs have a chance to sign a someone who is available. But on the other hand, there is the issue with the Spurs' salary cap, so they are pressed to find someone who can be signed at a bargain price that will fill the team's SF need & is "Spursy." Some of those high end free agents that Timvp so graciously posted, may be too far out of reach for this team. Players such as Kelly Oubre, Jr & Danuel House, Jr, could be nice bargain pickups, if available. BUT there is Ben Moore... He's young, still. It sounds like he's a defensive minded player who may be a work in progress with his offensive skills. Perhaps his greatest asset is that he's already in the Spurs' system, which he's already familiar with, unlike any other free agent, outside D-Green 14. I'm excited to see what Moore, along with LW4, can do in the SL. I'm rooting for the guy to excel & hoping that he will show PATFO that he belongs on this team & can fill the SF void. Perhaps the most to be concerned about will be his offensive skills, but we shall see what he can do. If he does well, perhaps we won't need a SF because we've had one under our noses all along, which would be good. Maybe if he does pan out, maybe they could split the MLE salary with him or Eubanks or some other player, or just give it to him out rightly, or hold on to it for the right player and time. GSG!!!

Cardinal
06-28-2019, 06:10 PM
Moore is now an unrestricted free agent:

https://twitter.com/JabariJYoung/status/1144740987094339584

slick'81
06-28-2019, 06:29 PM
See ya ben

TimDunkem
06-28-2019, 06:29 PM
Shocker....Not.

Larry O
06-28-2019, 07:03 PM
Hmmm... with Moore being a restricted free agent, the SL will help him get noticed if he allowed to play. The Spurs must have something or someone else up their sleeve to sign up. It's getting interesting... GSG!!!

BackHome
06-28-2019, 11:45 PM
Yeah they were pretty high on him I don’t know if drafting Keldon changed that or if they going to make a offer for a vet.