PDA

View Full Version : Wizards: bullets fire sale

SuperCam
11-19-2018, 11:46 AM
https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/1064551595227209728

Beal is a future laker tbh

wall one of the most overrated pgs in the entire league with massive contract looming is going to get stuck...

Clipper Nation
11-19-2018, 12:13 PM
GM Magic trades for Wall in 3...2...1...

RsxPiimp
11-19-2018, 12:28 PM
wall is almost impossible to move with a %15 trade kicker.

RsxPiimp
11-19-2018, 12:33 PM
19/20: 37.8M
20/21: 40.8M
21/22: 43.8M
22/23: 46.8M

DMC
11-19-2018, 12:36 PM
Lonzo ball for John Wall

DMC
11-19-2018, 12:37 PM

Jesus Christ is this John Wall or Jeff Bezos?

RsxPiimp
11-19-2018, 12:40 PM

:lmao

HarlemHeat37
11-19-2018, 01:12 PM
Beal would be nice for the Lakers, unless it prevents them from getting Durant in Free Agency, haven't looked up their cap situation..

Laker_1995
11-19-2018, 01:13 PM
Beal would be nice for the Lakers, unless it prevents them from getting Durant in Free Agency, haven't looked up their cap situation..

I believe by trading for Beal we give up our max slot for the summer

HarlemHeat37
11-19-2018, 01:15 PM
I believe by trading for Beal we give up our max slot for the summer

Ya, that's not worth it..Beal's good, but just having a shot at Durant or Davis is worth more than getting Beal..

Will Hunting
11-19-2018, 01:17 PM
GM Magic trades for Wall in 3...2...1...
Na, Wall is a mediocre shooter but can make open shots with some consistency. Magic only wants point guards who are atrocious shooters that defenses don’t have to respect at all.

RD2191
11-19-2018, 01:23 PM

Tf were the wiz thinking

R. DeMurre
11-19-2018, 02:02 PM
Advanced stats are not kind to Wall: https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/walljo01.html

To me, Wall is one of those prime examples of what George Karl once jokingly referred to as the difference between nba scouts and player agents: If you ask scouts, there are 15 Franchise players in the NBA. If you ask Agents, there are 45.

Laker_1995
11-19-2018, 02:04 PM
Ya, that's not worth it..Beal's good, but just having a shot at Durant or Davis is worth more than getting Beal..

I like beal but I’d rather try my luck with those dudes in the summer. Maybe Boston might make a move? That would be interesting.

Laker_1995
11-19-2018, 02:04 PM
Na, Wall is a mediocre shooter but can make open shots with some consistency. Magic only wants point guards who are atrocious shooters that defenses don’t have to respect at all.

You a a fool lmao

Mr. Body
11-19-2018, 02:33 PM
Tf were the wiz thinking

Bad franchises gotta bad franchise.

BD24
11-19-2018, 03:10 PM
Wall is a pretty great player imo, but not on that contract. That’s fucking terrible

phxspurfan
11-19-2018, 10:59 PM
Well take Otto

Killakobe81
11-20-2018, 02:18 AM
Advanced stats are not kind to Wall: https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/walljo01.html

To me, Wall is one of those prime examples of what George Karl once jokingly referred to as the difference between nba scouts and player agents: If you ask scouts, there are 15 Franchise players in the NBA. If you ask Agents, there are 45.

15?! Shit, cut that in half IMHO there is barely 10 legit franchise guys and that is being generous... There truly is more like 7 or 8

venitian navigator
11-20-2018, 05:15 AM
only team that makes sense for trading wall are the suns...

Bynumite
11-20-2018, 10:35 PM

:lol

baseline bum
11-20-2018, 10:40 PM
Wall is a pretty great player imo, but not on that contract. That’s fucking terrible

He was a pretty good player until he became a fat piece of shit after signing that supermax deal.

resistanze
11-20-2018, 10:41 PM

:lol

baseline bum
11-20-2018, 10:43 PM
15?! Shit, cut that in half IMHO there is barely 10 legit franchise guys and that is being generous... There truly is more like 7 or 8

I'd put it at six.

James
Curry
Durant
Leonard
Davis
Greek Freak

No way I'm putting Westbrook, Harden, or Lollard in that class of player.

Mr. Body
11-20-2018, 11:03 PM
I'd put it at six.

James
Curry
Durant
Leonard
Davis
Greek Freak

No way I'm putting Westbrook, Harden, or Lollard in that class of player.

You'd put Durant on there and not Westbrook or Harden? C'mon, man. That's dumb.

baseline bum
11-20-2018, 11:34 PM
You'd put Durant on there and not Westbrook or Harden? C'mon, man. That's dumb.

Harden is a one way player and even worse he is completely worthless in big games. Westbrook is too much of a stat padder and plays like a moron. I don't like his game at all.

Mr. Body
11-20-2018, 11:58 PM
Harden is a one way player and even worse he is completely worthless in big games. Westbrook is too much of a stat padder and plays like a moron. I don't like his game at all.

So what if you don't like them? They're both playmakers who can set up teammates. Durant is showing himself to be a one trick pony. Superior scorer but fucking terrible at anything else, much less creating for others.

Harden and Westbrook are franchise players, Durant is not.

baseline bum
11-21-2018, 12:04 AM
So what if you don't like them? They're both playmakers who can set up teammates. Durant is showing himself to be a one trick pony. Superior scorer but fucking terrible at anything else, much less creating for others.

Harden and Westbrook are franchise players, Durant is not.

So you just want to ignore that Harden is not a big game player? That he disappears consistently in the playoffs once the refs swallow their whistles and he stops getting so many food stamps from his flopping? Harden is no franchise player, no way in hell. I don't know how someone watching Durant consistently bust the Spurs ass in the playoffs could actually consider him a non franchise player.

Mr. Body
11-21-2018, 12:24 AM
So you just want to ignore that Harden is not a big game player? That he disappears consistently in the playoffs once the refs swallow their whistles and he stops getting so many food stamps from his flopping? Harden is no franchise player, no way in hell. I don't know how someone watching Durant consistently bust the Spurs ass in the playoffs could actually consider him a non franchise player.

Bruh, 'franchise player' has nothing to do with the playoffs. It's a guy who can fucking carry a franchise. Karl Malone was a franchise player and he blew it in the POs all the time. Durant is only good when he has a top end guard creating for him and taking pressure off. Otherwise he sucks. I'd love to see him try to run a team all by himself.

baseline bum
11-21-2018, 12:31 AM
Bruh, 'franchise player' has nothing to do with the playoffs. It's a guy who can fucking carry a franchise. Karl Malone was a franchise player and he blew it in the POs all the time. Durant is only good when he has a top end guard creating for him and taking pressure off. Otherwise he sucks. I'd love to see him try to run a team all by himself.

Durant was pretty killer in the Scotty Brooks isoball era. Don't try to tell me Westbrook created those shots Durant was burying the Spurs with. I can't imagine calling someone who sucks in the playoffs a franchise player. That's lunacy. You're telling me you'd want to build a team with Harden as your centerpiece?

Mr. Body
11-21-2018, 12:52 AM
Durant was pretty killer in the Scotty Brooks isoball era. Don't try to tell me Westbrook created those shots Durant was burying the Spurs with. I can't imagine calling someone who sucks in the playoffs a franchise player. That's lunacy. You're telling me you'd want to build a team with Harden as your centerpiece?

Of course Westbrook was instrumental in Durant's success. Don't be ridiculous. Just look at Durant now. An older, more experienced player and he's completely lost without Curry.

Your ideas are just off-base here. Malone was a franchise player. He was terrible in the clutch. I mean, that's case closed. Harden is a franchise player. You may not like him, but he is. Chris Paul was a franchise player and he never made it past the second round. You don't seem to really understand what these terms mean and are just making up garbage.

baseline bum
11-21-2018, 12:59 AM
Of course Westbrook was instrumental in Durant's success. Don't be ridiculous. Just look at Durant now. An older, more experienced player and he's completely lost without Curry.

Your ideas are just off-base here. Malone was a franchise player. He was terrible in the clutch. I mean, that's case closed. Harden is a franchise player. You may not like him, but he is. Chris Paul was a franchise player and he never made it past the second round. You don't seem to really understand what these terms mean and are just making up garbage.

Franchise player is someone I'd want to build around to try to win a title. What part of Harden fits that bill? His shit playoff performances offensively? His complete inability to play defense? I don't know what your definition of franchise player is, but the 2010s version of Alex English isn't mine.

Killakobe81
11-21-2018, 07:46 AM

You have some valid points but I won't lie, I lean more to Bum's side. Guys like Nique, CP3 and Harden are franchise guys. All of them led their franchise to unseen heights and deserve the accolades for doing so... But franchise guys that can be the foundation of a tittle team is a more elite tier.None of these guys are that... I would have paid any of those guys, in their prime a max deal... But Bum is right you ain't winning a chip if any of those guys are your best player, and I loved Nique as a kid...but he just couldn't...

baseline bum
11-21-2018, 08:50 AM
You have some valid points but I won't lie, I lean more to Bum's side. Guys like Nique, CP3 and Harden are franchise guys. All of them led their franchise to unseen heights and deserve the accolades for doing so... But franchise guys that can be the foundation of a tittle team is a more elite tier.None of these guys are that... I would have paid any of those guys, in their prime a max deal... But Bum is right you ain't winning a chip if any of those guys are your best player, and I loved Nique as a kid...but he just couldn't...

Man you don't see Harden as a modern day Alex English? You can make an argument for Westbrook as a franchise player but Harden disappoints every single year in the playoffs and plays no defense whatsoever (while Westbrook can be elite defensively when he tries). I think it's kind of insulting to Dominique and CP3 to compare them to Harden. Could you see Harden outplaying Bird in a Game 7 in Boston Garden like Dominique did? Or Harden getting badly hurt and still carrying the Clippers over the defending champion Spurs in Game 7 while throwing the game winner over Duncan? Yeah, me neither.

Mr. Body
11-21-2018, 09:04 AM

You guys don't understand what a franchise player is. But whatevs.

Mr. Body
11-21-2018, 09:06 AM
Man you don't see Harden as a modern day Alex English? You can make an argument for Westbrook as a franchise player but Harden disappoints every single year in the playoffs and plays no defense whatsoever (while Westbrook can be elite defensively when he tries). I think it's kind of insulting to Dominique and CP3 to compare them to Harden. Could you see Harden outplaying Bird in a Game 7 in Boston Garden like Dominique did? Or Harden getting badly hurt and still carrying the Clippers over the defending champion Spurs in Game 7 while throwing the game winner over Duncan? Yeah, me neither.

Alex English? What the fuck, man. I get that you hate Harden. I do, too. But he's a franchise player if there's one in the league right now. Sure he's a fucking cheater but that team is nothing without him.

Killakobe81
11-21-2018, 12:21 PM
You guys don't understand what a franchise player is. But whatevs.

I said he was a franchise player or did you not read my post?

ambchang
11-21-2018, 01:22 PM
I think bums definition of a franchise player is very restrictive but on the other hand you can’t just say best player on a team level is a franchise player.

But where do we draw the line? We shouldn’t put the walls and Michael Adams as franchise players but on the other hand not everyone is a shaq duncan or MVPau.

R. DeMurre
11-21-2018, 01:37 PM
Of course it's going to come down to variations in the definition, but I would agree with a team like Denver making Nikola Jokic their "franchise player" because I think he is a guy you can surround with good players and challenge for a championship. Maybe he's not a top 8 player, but he's still a rare enough talent that meshes well with others that it makes sense to build around him. I'd put Embiid in that category now too. To me, Westbrook and Harden are like Dominique Wilkens-- good enough to guarantee your team wins lots of games, but also flawed in fundamental ways to make ringing doubtful. Given the choice to start a team with Jokic or Westbrook, I'd definitely choose Jokic.

R. DeMurre
11-21-2018, 01:41 PM
I still remember when Washington signed Gilbert Arenas to that huge contract! One of my friends said: "you can't make the most immature player on your team the highest paid player on the team. That's a recipe for disaster." Nothing has changed in Washington...