PDA

View Full Version : I miss Danny Green

RD2191
11-19-2018, 12:15 PM
Hell, I think I miss his can't dribble ass more than Kawhi tbh

Dre_7
11-19-2018, 01:46 PM
People gave me all kinds of flake when I would call him an elite defender, now the Raptors lose whenever DG doesn't play.

vavvi
11-19-2018, 02:05 PM
You are not alone.

We struggle against elite guards. Dante, Gay & co actually doing a decent job against opposing SFs but noone in the roster can guard small people.

marinoman
11-19-2018, 02:13 PM
You miss calling him trash huh?

RD2191
11-19-2018, 02:32 PM
You miss calling him trash huh?

It's true. I do.

John B
11-19-2018, 02:41 PM
Who's Danny? baby claw :claw

https://twitter.com/JabariJYoung/status/1064572356113457162/photo/1

Kobe'sAchilles
11-19-2018, 02:45 PM
You must be a local club owner

pad300
11-19-2018, 02:55 PM
People gave me all kinds of flake when I would call him an elite defender, now the Raptors lose whenever DG doesn't play.

Sorry Danny, you were a good Spur when you were here, but now you need to have a season-ender... Get us that higher draft pick (not to mention you might be cheap to bring back).

TheGreatYacht
11-19-2018, 03:34 PM
I don't. I pity the piece of shit organization that gives him his next payday because they fell for the contract year bait.

Chinook
11-19-2018, 03:41 PM
I don't. I pity the piece of shit organization that gives him his next payday because they fell for the contract year bait.

What if they give him a one-year deal?

TheGreatYacht
11-19-2018, 03:49 PM
What if they give him a one-year deal?
Green would rather have the long term guaranteed money even if it's at a slight discount. Another offseason of working on his craft like a professional? Hell no, he's not having that.

RC_Drunkford
11-19-2018, 06:11 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao

RD2191
11-19-2018, 06:13 PM

:wow :lmao that's a good one

SpursGenius
11-19-2018, 06:36 PM
We could have had Siakim and kept Green. Pop wanted to keep Mills for late night ass fuck. And Poetl to suck his cock.

Budkin
11-19-2018, 07:54 PM

Same. He’ll always be a Spur #LDN

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-19-2018, 08:08 PM
Contract year Danny. Pop should have kept him just to get that 1 out of every 4 year’s effort out of him.

Chinook
11-19-2018, 08:28 PM
Contract year Danny. Pop should have kept him just to get that 1 out of every 4 year’s effort out of him.

It's weird how the narrative against Green has shifted over the years. People used to think he was anti-clutch because of OKC in 2012. Then in 2014, teams supposedly figured him out. Then he was supposed to be done in 2016. Now supposedly it's all about the contract year.

If Danny's stats from this year hold (unlikely as he'll have some bad stretches to regress to the mean), this will only be the fourth-best offensive season he's had and the sixth-best defensive season, according to BPM. Half of his career, he's been better than he has been this year. "1 of 4 years"? Hardly.

The Closer
11-19-2018, 08:34 PM
It's weird how the narrative against Green has shifted over the years. People used to think he was anti-clutch because of OKC in 2012. Then in 2014, teams supposedly figured him out. Then he was supposed to be done in 2016. Now supposedly it's all about the contract year.

If Danny's stats from this year hold (unlikely as he'll have some bad stretches to regress to the mean), this will only be the fourth-best offensive season he's had and the sixth-best defensive season, according to BPM. Half of his career, he's been better than he has been this year. "1 of 4 years"? Hardly.

Dude sucks in the playoffs. He doesn't have that clutch factor. Shrinks in the big moments. :lmao

Chinook
11-19-2018, 08:35 PM
Dude sucks in the playoffs. He doesn't have that clutch factor. Shrinks in the big moments. :lmao

Exactly, people used to say dumb shit like that. Then they learned.

ElNono
11-19-2018, 08:37 PM
OP is a faggot

The Closer
11-19-2018, 08:48 PM
Exactly, people used to say dumb shit like that. Then they learned.

Learned that dleague sucks. :lmao

Chinook
11-19-2018, 08:53 PM

It's okay if you go into a game knowing the guys aren't all that good. Way better than the WNBA.

ducks
11-19-2018, 08:54 PM
I miss pop the real coach

Indianman
11-19-2018, 09:13 PM
I miss his chasedown blocks

Bad Takes
11-19-2018, 09:17 PM

You forgot to say "faggot". We all know who you are.

The Closer
11-19-2018, 09:20 PM
You forgot to say "faggot". We all know who you are.

Yes he is a faggot. :lmao

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-19-2018, 11:14 PM

How about 1 out of the last 4 years? He hasn’t been the same since ‘14, regardless of whatever the stats indicate. Something changed a bit after the championship in ‘14. His foot came off the gas a bit. He’s got that hunger back. Whether it’s the contract year influence or just the new surroundings, he’s fun to watch when he’s energized like we’re seeing from him on the Raptors this season.

I like Danny Green. One of my favorite Spurs. Even a lesser version than the ‘14 Danny is better than the scrubs on this squad.

Chinook
11-19-2018, 11:28 PM
How about 1 out of the last 4 years? He hasn’t been the same since ‘14, regardless of whatever the stats indicate. Something changed a bit after the championship in ‘14. His foot came off the gas a bit. He’s got that hunger back. Whether it’s the contract year influence or just the new surroundings, he’s fun to watch when he’s energized like we’re seeing from him on the Raptors this season.

I like Danny Green. One of my favorite Spurs. Even a lesser version than the ‘14 Danny is better than the scrubs on this squad.

14-15 was arguably Danny's best year. I'd buy the contract excuse over the idea that he was content after the title. Really, I think there was some of that (both the contract and him having already won a ring), but the biggest thing was going from Parker and Manu to Aldridge and Leonard. It's like wondering why DeAndre Jordan fell off when Chris Paul got traded. Green is pretty much tailor-made to compliment Prime Tony. Lowry's getting the benefit of that now, but I don't even think we're seeing the same type of Green we saw in his absolute prime, which was the point of me posting those numbers. This current Green is obviously much better than most of the Green's we saw in SA recently, but he's not any better than he was every season between 2011-2012 and 2014-2015. Dude had a number of great years, not just two.

I do think this year has been awesome to see from him, both because it's nice to see he still has it, and it's nice to have a reminder of how good he used to be for the team. Got really easy over the last few years to think Prime Danny was overrated. As Toronto can see, he wasn't.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-19-2018, 11:33 PM
14-15 was arguably Danny's best year. I'd buy the contract excuse over the idea that he was content after the title. Really, I think there was some of that (both the contract and him having already won a ring), but the biggest thing was going from Parker and Manu to Aldridge and Leonard. It's like wondering why DeAndre Jordan fell off when Chris Paul got traded. Green is pretty much tailor-made to compliment Prime Tony. Lowry's getting the benefit of that now, but I don't even think we're seeing the same type of Green we saw in his absolute prime, which was the point of me posting those numbers. This current Green is obviously much better than most of the Green's we saw in SA recently, but he's not any better than he was every season between 2011-2012 and 2014-2015. Dude had a number of great years, not just two.

I do think this year has been awesome to see from him, both because it's nice to see he still has it, and it's nice to have a reminder of how good he used to be for the team. Got really easy over the last few years to think Prime Danny was overrated. As Toronto can see, he wasn't.

I’m with you. The last couple years made me think he might be about done so this resurgence is nice to see. I’ve actually enjoyed watching him this year. He’s making Ujiri look like a genius.

Chinook
11-19-2018, 11:40 PM
I’m with you. The last couple years made me think he might be about done so this resurgence is nice to see. I’ve actually enjoyed watching him this year. He’s making Ujiri look like a genius.

The Raptors fans I talk to love him and think he's better than DeRozan. I wouldn't go that far, but his impact stats have been insane so far. Weird that I can't find a lot of highlights of him on YouTube from this year. Dude's been balling out and has a number of games were double-digit points, a handful of assists and a couple of blocks and steals. Back in the day, that used to get him videos, but I guess whoever makes this highlights nowadays doesn't care about Toronto as much.

The Closer
11-19-2018, 11:42 PM
15 clippers series dleague. :lmao

The Closer
11-19-2018, 11:42 PM
Dudes still crying with Tim. :lmao

Chinook
11-19-2018, 11:43 PM
15 clippers series dleague. :lmao

What are you talking about? Agua Caliente didn't join the league until 17-18.

sammy
11-20-2018, 02:47 PM
I miss Danny too! Miss his defense! Dude couldn't dribble worth a darn and Pop would call time out, chew him out and then send him back in the game! LOL! He could make those 3 pointers when TP would set him up and pass that ball to him! We probably would be playing better if we still had him on the team!

HarlemHeat37
11-20-2018, 02:55 PM
It'll be interesting to see whether his decline was directly attributed to Parker/Ginobili declining + the Aldridge-ball system vs. contract year..I don't think it's a coincidence that he looks exactly like the pre-Aldridge version of himself immediately after switching teams..

JeffDuncan
11-20-2018, 04:29 PM
Danny was not healthy last season. That has been mentioned numerous times.

ismael-robert
11-20-2018, 08:20 PM
Plus-Minus Players of the Week

Mr. Plus: Danny Green (TOR) was a plus-62 in four games last week.
Mr. Minus: Derrick White (SAS) was a minus-71 in four games last week.