PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Which team has most surprised you this season?

Spur916
11-20-2018, 10:57 AM
Either because they are better or worse than you thought they would be?

For me its the Kings. Not sure what the over/under was but they must be surpassing expectations - this has to be their best start to the season in maybe a decade. It was obvious Fox is a stud but Hield has been impressive, they are getting great contribution from Bjelica, Cauley-Stein and for the most part they have done it without one of their best players, Bogdanovic.

On the worse side of things obviously the Spurs (tbh I think our record flatters us, we could quite conceivably have lost 3 more games) but also the Celtics. What with Lebron leaving the East and Hayward returning this was supposed to be their opportunity to assert themselves as the pre eminent team in the conference and they've not done so.

BD24
11-20-2018, 11:00 AM
Queens have looked great. If they can add a few more pieces they might have a pretty bright future.

Kyle_Kuzma
11-20-2018, 11:03 AM
clippers, duh

HarlemHeat37
11-20-2018, 11:07 AM
Kings and Clippers..

Boston will eventually get it together IMO..

Laker_1995
11-20-2018, 11:39 AM
Grizzlies and clips. Them clippers balling

HarlemHeat37
11-20-2018, 01:34 PM
Utah was the team I misread..I thought their continuity would get them a top 3 seed(since that's how it usually works in the NBA), but literally all their key players have declined dramatically:lol

Killakobe81
11-21-2018, 05:13 AM
Utah was playing above their heads... And I predicted their tumble...
Clips and Sacto I did not predict.
And Nuggs have outperformed...
Biggest letdown is the shit sandwich in Washington... Knew they were overrated but that much talent should Not be this bad... Problem is no bad teams wanna miss out on a chance at the overhyped Duke crew... And no true contender wants to overpay their overrated max contracts...

tlongII
11-21-2018, 09:45 AM
The Blazers look like the best team in the league this year. Of course that's no surprise.

Killakobe81
11-21-2018, 12:15 PM
The Blazers look like the best team in the league this year. Of course that's no surprise.

They look good sure but lost to us twice

DMC
11-21-2018, 04:49 PM
Clippers
Magic
Warriors (thought they'd be better)
Houston (same)

People always fawn over these early starters that peter out as the winter settles in and the long road trips start. Boston was usually leading the pack early and got lots of forum predictions of greatness, then they'd shit the bed in the 2nd half. Meanwhile the Cavs were slow to start but finished strong and kicked everyone's ass in the playoffs. Sprinters vs climbers. Climbers win.

DMC
11-21-2018, 04:49 PM

Up and coming team for sure.

Robz4000
11-21-2018, 06:11 PM

Guest team in the NBA tbh imo.

Mr. Body
11-21-2018, 07:46 PM
Kings and Clippers, maybe Grizzlies but they may fall. Utah I thought would be better.