PDA

View Full Version : Should the US Invade This Island?

DMC
11-21-2018, 01:49 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/21/asia/andaman-nicobar-us-missionary-killed-intl/index.html

Isn't anyone here concerned about this? An American was killed here.

Spurs Homer
11-21-2018, 01:51 PM
Whataboutism

anything to justify the fuckery of dear cultleader

DMC
11-21-2018, 01:52 PM
Whataboutism

anything to justify the fuckery of dear cultleader

It's a new thread. Do you not have outrage over the death of this American?

Pavlov
11-21-2018, 01:53 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/21/asia/andaman-nicobar-us-missionary-killed-intl/index.html

Isn't anyone here concerned about this? An American was killed here.Do you want the US to invade this island, DMC?

Yes or no.

benefactor
11-21-2018, 01:57 PM
:lol Jesus people who go into dangerous places
:lol begging for a Darwin Award

Pavlov
11-21-2018, 02:04 PM
A source with access to Chau's notes said Chau had taken scissors, safety pins and a football as gifts to the tribe.

In his notes, the source said, Chau wrote that some members of the tribe were good to him while others were very aggressive.

"I have been so nice to them, why are they so angry and so aggressive?" the source quoted Chau as saying.

Reuters was unable to immediately trace contact details for Chau's family or a representative.

The source, who asked not to be named, said Chau wrote that he was "doing this to establish the kingdom of Jesus on the island...Do not blame the natives if I am killed."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/american-killed-remote-indian-island-barred-visitors-075925694.html

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article13624297.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/0_John-Allen-Chau.jpg

I do not blame them. [/DMC's invasion]

Spurs Homer
11-21-2018, 02:05 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/american-killed-remote-indian-island-barred-visitors-075925694.html

:lol:lol

Spurs Homer
11-21-2018, 02:09 PM
It's a new thread. Do you not have outrage over the death of this American?

I'd be outraged if the murderers had paid our president billions of dollars to publicly defend them - and our traitor president complied with the murderers request.

DMC
11-21-2018, 02:12 PM
I'd be outraged if the murderers had paid our president billions of dollars to publicly defend them - and our traitor president complied with the murderers request.

So it's not the murder that matters, but the ensuing diplomacy.

Just nailing down who I'm dealing with here.

Pavlov
11-21-2018, 02:13 PM

Do you want the US to invade this island, DMC?

Yes or no.

hater
11-21-2018, 02:22 PM
US would get obliterated tbqh

Vietnam 2.0

Spurs Homer
11-21-2018, 02:22 PM

Just nailing down who I'm dealing with here.

Everything matters. The murder. The cover up.

The fact that a president would simply name his price to Saudi Arabia and then proceed to assist in the cover up after his pockets are full - is the worst part of it but everything matters.

Trill Clinton
11-21-2018, 02:24 PM
What a dummy

Pavlov
11-21-2018, 02:25 PM
DMC needs to point out who here called for an invasion of Saudi Arabia over the Khashoggi murder.

This is the weakest straw man argument he has ever come up with.

CitizenDwayne
11-21-2018, 03:55 PM
Lol yeah this is totally a comparable situation. Well played sir

Winehole23
11-21-2018, 05:21 PM

Victim said not to blame the islanders, why should I?

Winehole23
11-21-2018, 05:29 PM

Just nailing down who I'm dealing with here.I have no doubt India had an official response to this unfortunate and utterly avoidable outcome that comports with ordinary notions of respect and sensitivity.

This area is out of bounds for India's Navy, it is illegal for anyone to go there.

Looks like the kid knew what he was getting into. It's a darn shame what happened to him.

Winehole23
11-21-2018, 05:40 PM
it's also a shame how little different is the regard of Saudi Embassies for citizens who have criticized its government, than stone age aborigines who have never had friendly contact with any outsiders.

DMC
11-21-2018, 07:52 PM
Victim said not to blame the islanders, why should I?

The source, who asked not to be named, said Chau wrote that he was "doing this to establish the kingdom of Jesus on the island...Do not blame the natives if I am killed."

So hearsay is now equal to the victim's words.

Anonymous sauces

DMC
11-21-2018, 07:53 PM
I have no doubt India had an official response to this unfortunate and utterly avoidable outcome that comports with ordinary notions of respect and sensitivity.

This area is out of bounds for India's Navy, it is illegal for anyone to go there.

Looks like the kid knew what he was getting into. It's a darn shame what happened to him.

Well, since you have no doubt.

DMC
11-21-2018, 07:54 PM
it's also a shame how little different is the regard of Saudi Embassies for citizens who have criticized its government, than stone age aborigines who have never had friendly contact with any outsiders.

Barbarians are barbarians. You go to a country who publicly beheads people and expect humane treatment as an enemy to the ruler.

You go to an island of a secluded tribe and start preaching about your voodoo jesus..

Tomato/tomahto

So any more "yabut" caveats for this incident to differentiate it from the one liberals are losing your fucking minds over?

ElNono
11-21-2018, 07:59 PM
OP beat me to it, just read about the case. Heck, I can see a new Survival TV show sending good guys with a gun to the Island and see who survives. Probably cheaper than sending the military, tbh...

DMC
11-21-2018, 09:14 PM
OP beat me to it, just read about the case. Heck, I can see a new Survival TV show sending good guys with a gun to the Island and see who survives. Probably cheaper than sending the military, tbh...

Jehovah's Witnesses.. They'd force them to put locks on their hut doors.

ElNono
11-21-2018, 09:18 PM
Jehovah's Witnesses.. They'd force them to put locks on their hut doors.

or, they would kill them all... win-win, IMVHO

DMC
11-21-2018, 09:51 PM
or, they would kill them all... win-win, IMVHO

At least they wouldn't have to celebrate Christmas tbh

ElNono
11-21-2018, 09:55 PM
At least they wouldn't have to celebrate Christmas tbh

tbh, wonder if Santa drops them presents... or he gets shot at with arrows too...

DMC
11-21-2018, 09:58 PM
tbh, wonder if Santa drops them presents... or he gets shot at with arrows too...

No, Santa is a pagan god that makes absolutely no sense. Flying deer, what the fuck ever. Now talking horses and snakes, that's some David Attenborough level reality.

ElNono
11-21-2018, 10:00 PM
No, Santa is a pagan god that makes absolutely no sense. Flying deer, what the fuck ever. Now talking horses and snakes, that's some David Attenborough level reality.

Indeed.

This island is probably vestiges of boutons' long lost family, the reviled radical left.

Pavlov
11-21-2018, 10:05 PM

DMC needs to point out who here called for an invasion of Saudi Arabia over the Khashoggi murder.

DarrinS
11-21-2018, 11:05 PM
That island has a pretty strict border policy, tbh.

hater
11-21-2018, 11:06 PM

Would make Trump proud tbqh

ElNono
11-21-2018, 11:16 PM
barbed wire is for amateurs...

pgardn
11-21-2018, 11:34 PM
Never should have gone to a diplomatic headquarters.
Thats where one gets dismembered.
Everyone knows this.

DMC looking for the absurd comparison award.

DMC
11-22-2018, 02:40 AM
:lol Chumpy with 4 or 5 posts begging for some action.

Pavlov
11-22-2018, 02:44 AM
:lol Chumpy with 4 or 5 posts begging for some action.:lol DMC shitting himself derp style.

JohnnyD
11-22-2018, 02:56 AM
:lol DMC shitting himself derp style.

See what I mean Pavlov. Where is the topic?

Pavlov
11-22-2018, 02:57 AM
See what I mean Pavlov. Where is the topic?I was asking him direct questions about his topic, dumbass.

What does this have to do with the topic?

Spurtacular
11-22-2018, 06:27 AM
I was asking him direct questions about his topic, dumbass.

What does this have to do with the topic?

Sure, you'll badger anyone one any given topic. What you won't often do is give your own opinions on a topic upfront; this topic is no exception. This is what Avante is trying to get at.

Trill Clinton
11-22-2018, 08:32 AM
"colonizer executed before his mission was completed"

Pavlov
11-22-2018, 10:19 AM
Sure, you'll badger anyone one any given topic. What you won't often do is give your own opinions on a topic upfront; this topic is no exception. This is what Avante is trying to get at.
:lol you won't give your opinion on a topic even when you're directly asked to do so, derp.

Spurtacular
11-22-2018, 02:33 PM
:lol you won't give your opinion on a topic even when you're directly asked to do so, derp.

Nice spin; this isn't about me or your sociopath perception of me....

Pavlov
11-22-2018, 02:50 PM
Nice spin; this isn't about me or your sociopath perception of me....Right, it's about me and your perception of me, sociopath....

Spurtacular
11-22-2018, 02:58 PM
Right, it's about me and your perception of me, sociopath....

:lol I'm a sociopath cos you're afraid of the issues....
:lol Today's Sociopath Chump

DMC
11-22-2018, 03:55 PM
:lol every thread Pavlov/Chump gets into a bickering contest with anyone who's willing.

Sad existence. Thanksgiving Day, bickering online with someone you labeled a retard.

Pavlov
11-22-2018, 04:27 PM
:lol every thread Pavlov/Chump gets into a bickering contest with anyone who's willing.

Sad existence. Thanksgiving Day, bickering online with someone you labeled a retard.:lol DMC living in fear of simple questions and checking his pet straw thread on Thanksgiving Day.

Sad existence.

spurraider21
11-22-2018, 05:06 PM
how's that working out for them?

ElNono
11-22-2018, 05:14 PM
how's that working out for them?

They succeeded where we failed, tbh, keeping Christianity out...

LaSíSí
11-22-2018, 05:28 PM
They succeeded where we failed, tbh, keeping Christianity out...

Oh, you're in favor of killing trespassers. I guess you'd be in favor of a Mexican genocide states side, then.

ElNono
11-22-2018, 06:28 PM
Oh, you're in favor of killing trespassers. I guess you'd be in favor of a Mexican genocide states side, then.

Si Si

LaSíSí
11-22-2018, 06:38 PM
Si Si

Look forward to hearing more about this....

ElNono
11-22-2018, 06:40 PM
for newbs like this SiSi fella, blue font = sarcasm.

DMC
11-22-2018, 07:56 PM
for newbs like this SiSi fella, blue font = sarcasm.

That was LaSi of you.

ElNono
11-22-2018, 08:08 PM
That was LaSi of you.

The troll thingie can be fun, but my time is limited, tbh...

DMC
11-22-2018, 09:49 PM

Yes or no.

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article13624297.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/0_John-Allen-Chau.jpg

Yes or no.

:lol DMC shitting himself derp style.

Chumpy in this thread

https://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3954561/joakimfu.gif

Pavlov
11-23-2018, 03:11 AM
Chumpy in this threadDMC when asked for a take in any thread.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/07ee3c85f8df251c0466cc32b8e35e7f/tenor.gif

boutons_deux
11-23-2018, 07:25 AM
Missionary said he was entering ‘Satan’s last stronghold’ before being killed attempting to convert Indian tribe
https://www.rawstory.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/chau-800x430.jpeg

John Chau wrote that he knew he might be killed by the tribe, which aggressively shuns the outside world and which is

protected from incursion by Indian law.

“Chau’s diary reveals a portrait of a young man obsessed with the idea of bringing Christianity to the Sentinelese,” the report reads.

“It also shows that Chau knew his mission was illegal.

He wrote of maneuvering to avoid the Indian authorities who patrol the waters near the island.”

“God Himself was hiding us from the Coast Guard and many patrols,” :lol

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/missionary-said-entering-satans-last-stronghold-killed-attempting-convert-indian-tribe/ (https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/missionary-said-entering-satans-last-stronghold-killed-attempting-convert-indian-tribe/)

Religion makes you fucking stupid

Winehole23
11-25-2018, 02:25 PM
Tomato/tomahto

So any more "yabut" caveats for this incident to differentiate it from the one liberals are losing your fucking minds over?You're thick as a brick, the two are hardly comparable.

A premeditated and highly contrived assassination of a critic of the KSA, by his own government, in its embassy in Turkey, is not very much like a goofy evangelist getting himself killed by invading North Sentinel Island.

Winehole23
11-25-2018, 02:48 PM

Winehole23
11-25-2018, 03:01 PM
the family of John Allen Chau published a post on his Instagram account (https://www.instagram.com/p/BqdFDOKnqgQ/) announcing his death.

"Words cannot express the sadness we have experienced about this report," it says. The post describes Chau as "a Christian missionary" who "loved God, life, helping those in need, and had nothing but love for the Sentinelese people. We forgive those reportedly responsible for his death."https://www.npr.org/2018/11/21/669909594/american-reportedly-killed-in-flurry-of-arrows-as-tribe-defends-its-island-off-i

Spurs Homer
11-25-2018, 03:07 PM
[/FONT][/COLOR]https://www.npr.org/2018/11/21/669909594/american-reportedly-killed-in-flurry-of-arrows-as-tribe-defends-its-island-off-i[/FONT][/COLOR]

so - it is a non-issue

:tu

Winehole23
11-25-2018, 03:11 PM
adventure blogger meets his ultimate adversity

The Observer report said its journalist had recently seen tourists throw bananas and biscuits to tribes-people on the roadside, and had been told by local traders how much to bribe the police to spend a day out with the Jarawa. In June last year, Survival International accused eight Indian travel companies of running "human safari tours" so tourists could see and photograph the Jarawa.

The London-based group called for tourists to boycott the road used to enter the reserve of the Jarawa tribe, who number just 403 and are in danger of dying out.
The Andaman and Nicobar tropical island chain is home to four other rare tribes - Onge, the Great Andamanese, the Sentinelese and the Shompens - each numbering fewer than 350 members.
https://www.news.com.au/world/outrage-over-indian-islands-human-zoo-video/news-story/096a1d7f8d9efb4cf146a76fc4109787

Winehole23
11-25-2018, 03:13 PM
so - it is a non-issue

:tufor the Sentinelese, the arrival of any stranger can be catastrophic.

Spurs Homer
11-25-2018, 03:29 PM
for the Sentinelese, the arrival of any stranger can be catastrophic.

I only wish the Native Americans had kept out the Euro trash in the 1400's.
America would be the place to be now with real Americans.

Winehole23
11-25-2018, 03:34 PM
America would be the place to be now with real Americans.Maybe you should write a book about it.

Think "Clan of the Cave Bear," more specifically aimed at men.

koriwhat
11-25-2018, 04:05 PM
America would be the place to be now with real Americans.

you are the euro trash. the guilt is strong with you. man that cult has done a number on so many of you. :vomit:

DMC
11-25-2018, 06:53 PM
You're thick as a brick, the two are hardly comparable.

A premeditated and highly contrived assassination of a critic of the KSA, by his own government, in its embassy in Turkey, is not very much like a goofy evangelist getting himself killed by invading North Sentinel Island.

So missionaries deserve to die?

DMC
11-25-2018, 06:55 PM
for the Sentinelese, the arrival of any stranger can be catastrophic.

So this is a non-issue because they aren't humans?

Winehole23
11-25-2018, 07:16 PM
So missionaries deserve to die?In the universal sense, no.

Did Timothy Treadwell deserve to be mauled by grizzly bears?

No, but he probably knew his grizzly buddies were wild animals; this guy likewise knew his mission was dangerous.

DMC
11-25-2018, 07:22 PM
In the universal sense, no.

Very odd qualification you just made.

Did Timothy Treadwell deserve to be mauled by grizzly bears?

So the islanders aren't human?

No, but he probably knew his grizzly buddies were wild animals; this guy likewise knew his mission was dangerous.
No one is arguing that the guy was right or even legal, or that he wasn't aware of the dangers. If someone went onto an indian reservation in the US and was slaughtered, would that be ok?

Winehole23
11-25-2018, 10:46 PM
So the islanders aren't human?you're the only poster suggesting so.

No one is arguing that the guy was right or even legal, or that he wasn't aware of the dangers. If someone went onto an indian reservation in the US and was slaughtered, would that be ok?I wouldn't be too sure this is comparable.

As between native nations, states and federal law, there are fairly clear rules to follow. They can vary from state to state, but how the onion is supposed to be chopped is more or less well known, given the details of the case.

In this case, the popo cruised by on a boat to check out the scene, but has no plans to land, to investigate the killing, or even indeed to recover the body of Mr. Chau. The Indian Military has no ongoing relationship with the people who live there. It is doubtful they would acknowledge legal norms of procedure whatsoever. That does not make them sub-human or sub anything in my opinion, you can see pictures of their metal weapons online. Soured by brushes with imperial Britain and Italy, they are intensely mistrustful of outsiders and particularly dislike whoever wears a uniform.

No charges will be filed. It is doubtful that any attempt will be made to notify the North Sentinelese of the concern of India or indeed that of the USA, for the killing of Mr. Chau.

Pavlov
11-25-2018, 10:48 PM
Haven't seen DMC try this hard in awhile.

pgardn
11-25-2018, 10:49 PM
It’s ridiculously stupid argument.

DMC listens to his conservative talkshow crap and traps himself.

Winehole23
11-25-2018, 11:11 PM
Very odd qualification you just made.Nope means nope.

I don't think missionaries deserve to die just for being missionaries.

People need to be aware of their surroundings and should they choose to disobey the law in a foreign country, there are grown up risks for doing that.

In this case, seems like the decedent knew what he was doing, knew that it was dangerous, and still wanted to do it; he even forgave his killers in advance for what they were about to do.

DMC
11-26-2018, 01:16 AM
It’s ridiculously stupid argument.

DMC listens to his conservative talkshow crap and traps himself.

I don't listen to talk shows. You're always wrong. What's it like?

DMC
11-26-2018, 01:17 AM
Nope means nope.

I don't think missionaries deserve to die just for being missionaries.

People need to be aware of their surroundings and should they choose to disobey the law in a foreign country, there are grown up risks for doing that.

In this case, seems like the decedent knew what he was doing, knew that it was dangerous, and still wanted to do it; he even forgave his killers in advance for what they were about to do.

So did Jesus. Therefore the Romans weren't to blame.

DMC
11-26-2018, 01:18 AM
Haven't seen DMC try this hard in awhile.

You're always trying to squeeze your skeeter ass into a conversation. :lol

Pavlov
11-26-2018, 02:12 AM
You're always trying to squeeze your skeeter ass into a conversation. :lolYou've been begging for someone to take your bait for days, whore.:lol

Winehole23
11-26-2018, 03:02 AM
So did Jesus. Therefore the Romans weren't to blame.What's your beef?

CosmicCowboy
11-26-2018, 09:07 AM
I've really wanted to do that to Jehovas Witnesses that ring the doorbell early Saturday morning.

DarrinS
11-26-2018, 09:45 AM
Just Wakandans protecting their vibranium, tbh

Winehole23
11-26-2018, 09:48 AM
what's your beef, Darrin?

RandomGuy
11-26-2018, 04:15 PM
So missionaries deserve to die?

If they break into my house waving bibles and shouting incoherently, yes. Easy peasy.

Spurminator
11-26-2018, 05:06 PM
Obviously the missionary was an idiot and put himself in a situation where this was the likely result, and I'm not going to try to make his death bigger than it is, but how far are we willing to go with allowing the North Sentinelese to make up their own rules for civilization?

Do we view the island as private property and the killing of unwanted visitors as similar to Castle Doctrine? Does the modernized world have a responsibility to know what's happening on this island, or is it none of our business? What if they're committing human rights atrocities on their own people? Institutionalized rape? Child abuse? Cannibalism? I'm not trying to stereotype these people, I'm just saying that (as far as I'm aware) we don't know anything about them except that they will kill anyone who shows up, and we seem cool with that.

I can certainly imagine some of the same people who have justified the missionary's killing would have a different opinion if the visitor was a woman and she was kidnapped and sexually abused... or if they were to find out that such abuse was happening among the island's inhabitants.

I don't have answers but I think there's an interesting discussion to be had that goes beyond, "LOL, stupid idiot deserved to die."

Chucho
11-26-2018, 05:11 PM
Obviously the missionary was an idiot and put himself in a situation where this was the likely result, and I'm not going to try to make his death bigger than it is, but how far are we willing to go with allowing the North Sentinelese to make up their own rules for civilization?

Do we view the island as private property and the killing of unwanted visitors as similar to Castle Doctrine? Does the modernized world have a responsibility to know what's happening on this island, or is it none of our business? What if they're committing human rights atrocities on their own people? Institutionalized rape? Child abuse? Cannibalism? I'm not trying to stereotype these people, I'm just saying that (as far as I'm aware) we don't know anything about them except that they will kill anyone who shows up, and we seem cool with that.

I can certainly imagine some of the same people who have justified the missionary's killing would have a different opinion if the visitor was a woman and she was kidnapped and sexually abused... or if they were to find out that such abuse was happening among the island's inhabitants.

I don't have answers but I think there's an interesting discussion to be had that goes beyond, "LOL, stupid idiot deserved to die."

Great post. Objective while pointing out the hypocrisy of the religious intolerant bigots here.

boutons_deux
11-26-2018, 05:12 PM
"LOL, stupid idiot deserved to die."

It's their fucking island, their rules, with Indian laws governing, restricting access.

Whatever happens on that island is sovereign India's responsibility.

Just as what creates and happens to, eg, old people, homeless people, their homeless children in USA is USA's responsibility.

JohnnyZ
11-26-2018, 05:14 PM
You don't go into a shit kicker bar expecting to hear Queen on the jukebox.

DMC
11-26-2018, 05:14 PM
If they break into my house waving bibles and shouting incoherently, yes. Easy peasy.

Castle doctrine good now

So people coming across the border illegally should be shot on sight.

Spurminator
11-26-2018, 05:15 PM
You don't go into a shit kicker bar expecting to hear Queen on the jukebox.

Shit kickers love "Fat Bottomed Girls."

JohnnyZ
11-26-2018, 05:16 PM
You've been begging for someone to take your bait for days, whore.:lol
Pavlov, hete ya are again seeing if you can bug somebody, dude, what is wrong with you?

Pavlov
11-26-2018, 05:16 PM
Castle doctrine good now

So people coming across the border illegally should be shot on sight.:lmao DerpMC was waiting almost a week to use that line.

Pavlov
11-26-2018, 05:17 PM
Pavlov, hete ya are again seeing if you can bug somebody, dude, what is wrong with you?lol racist Avante got banned.

Spurminator
It's their fucking island, their rules, with Indian laws governing, restricting access.

Just as what create and happens to, eg, old people, homeless people, their homeless children in USA is USA's responsibility.

That wasn't a post about jurisdiction.

DMC
Great post. Objective while pointing out the hypocrisy of the religious intolerant bigots here.

Yes great post, one that will likely be ignored by the double standard crowd.

JohnnyZ
11-26-2018, 05:18 PM
Shit kickers love "Fat Bottomed Girls."

I doubt it.

Kids hanging on the streets at 2am, but it's toss damn cops.

DMC
11-26-2018, 05:18 PM

Just as what create and happens to, eg, old people, homeless people, their homeless children in USA is USA's responsibility.

Last I checked, Saudi Arabia was a sovereign nation as well.

JohnnyZ
11-26-2018, 05:19 PM
lol racist Avante got banned.

Dude, why is all you do here is see who you can bother?

Pavlov, why do you attack posters constantly?

DMC
11-26-2018, 05:20 PM
Pavlov, hete ya are again seeing if you can bug somebody, dude, what is wrong with you?

His nickname is "Skeeter". He's like a mosquito in your tent, or that redneck at the bbq who has to butt in on every conversation. :lol

Chucho
11-26-2018, 05:21 PM

There's people to take seriously here and there aren't. Spurminator and Winehole are the best Political Form posters by a mile.

DMC
11-26-2018, 05:22 PM
:lmao DerpMC was waiting almost a week to use that line.

You should take notes. You cannot wait 2 seconds.

Pavlov

Pavlov, why do you attack posters constantly?Man, I really bother the shit out of you without even talking to you.

Bonus tbh.

JohnnyZ
His nickname is "Skeeter". He's like a mosquito in your tent, or that redneck at the bbq who has to butt in on every conversation. :lol

The guy is totally fucked up isn't he? What's really sad is he actually tries to....no I don't....when we all see the idiot doing nothing other than being a pest.

Pavlov
You should take notes. You cannot wait 2 seconds.:lol DerpMC cares a lot.

Chucho
11-26-2018, 05:23 PM

Pavlov, why do you attack posters constantly?

It's pretty simple. He gets off to it and if you don't engage him, he'll stop. Don't put a quarter into the carousel if you don't want to go in countless circles.

JohnnyZ
11-26-2018, 05:23 PM
Man, I really bother the shit out of you without even talking to you.

Bonus tbh.

Dude, you told me that no ya didn't just bug others. So you lied ....right?

Pavlov, why do you bug everyone all the time, well?

DMC
11-26-2018, 05:24 PM
:lol DerpMC cares a lot.

I don't try to hide my love for my fellow humans. We are all God's children, God just had some retards along the way.

JohnnyZ
11-26-2018, 05:24 PM
It's pretty simple. He gets off to it and if you don't engage him, he'll stop. Don't put a quarter into the carousel if you don't want to go in countless circles.

I get a kick out of the obvious sick fuck. I toy with the idiot.

DMC
11-26-2018, 05:25 PM
Sentinel Island = Jurassic Park of Humans :lol

Pavlov
11-26-2018, 05:27 PM
I don't try to hide my love for my fellow humans. We are all God's children, God just had some retards along the way.:lmao haven't seen you this upset since the last time I got you this upset.

boutons_deux
11-26-2018, 05:30 PM
That wasn't a post about jurisdiction.

A country's jurisdiction and sovereignty override ethics and morals of foreigners.

RandomGuy
11-26-2018, 05:32 PM
Castle doctrine good now

So people coming across the border illegally should be shot on sight.

(shrugs)

Have fun with that strawman. Here is a stick, beat it up some more.

RandomGuy
11-26-2018, 05:33 PM

If you aren't personally invading that island, you obviously aren't outraged. :lmao

diego
11-26-2018, 07:01 PM

As I understand it, anthropologists believe these Islanders are so isolated that merely exposing them to outsiders puts them at terrible risk of mass infection. Is it acceptable to wipe them out because maybe they practice cannibalism or some such? It seems to me that Indian govt / anthropologists made the right choice

Winehole23
11-26-2018, 07:33 PM
Sentinel Island = Jurassic Park of Humans :lolum, actually no.

it's a place on earth. an Asian place-name.

Winehole23
11-26-2018, 07:43 PM
As I understand it, anthropologists believe these Islanders are so isolated that merely exposing them to outsiders puts them at terrible risk of mass infection. Is it acceptable to wipe them out because maybe they practice cannibalism or some such? It seems to me that Indian govt / anthropologists made the right choicelet's send people who don't agree

DMC
11-26-2018, 08:51 PM
um, actually no.

it's a place on earth. an Asian place-name.

If you go there and get killed, it's on you. The natives aren't aware of modern times despite seeing planes and boats their entire lives and being what, 20 miles from a populated area?

DMC
11-26-2018, 11:29 PM
So what if someone went in there with night vision and suppressed weapons and killed them all? Other than criminal trespass, what crime would have been committed? Murder doesn't exist there.

I mean, the Chinese Kirk Cameron got killed by Sleestaks and Chaka while looking for a pylon, but would it be morally wrong to go into the land of the lost and kill them all? Would it be considered poaching?

Trainwreck2100
11-26-2018, 11:48 PM
So what if someone went in there with night vision and suppressed weapons and killed them all? Other than criminal trespass, what crime would have been committed? Murder doesn't exist there.

I mean, the Chinese Kirk Cameron got killed by Sleestaks and Chaka while looking for a pylon, but would it be morally wrong to go into the land of the lost and kill them all? Would it be considered poaching?
just call it a crusade

Th'Pusher
11-26-2018, 11:56 PM

I don’t think slaughtering all of the island inhabitants would be necessary. Let’s just stop selling the Sentinels arms. Why are you still trying to pretend there’s any equivalence to the Khashoggi murder? Nobody’s buying into that ridiculous bullshit.

ElNono
11-27-2018, 03:04 AM

One thing doesn't invalidate the other, tbh... he *can* be a stupid idiot, and at the same time, we could have questions about this tribe and how they operate.

What you're asking about, however, it's a very thin line that countries like the US has only blurred more and more over the years, and obviously presents a very difficult slippery slope.

Plenty of example of this: Circumcision can be seen both as child abuse or hygienic need depending on who you ask, it's been maintained mostly out of traditionalism, and generally viewed as socially accepted. What if that perception changes though? (the hygienic benefits have already come largely into question) Does countries invade Israel to stop child abuse?

Or take Saudi Arabia, not just on killing journalists on their embassy, but the stonings to death, etc. The world generally looks the other way, because it's their country and their laws.

How about the death penalty in the US? Can some other country deem that inhumane? why not?

I mean, the US has invaded countries because their leaders have killed their own people. I suppose some of them were meanies and some others were not?

ElNono
11-27-2018, 03:05 AM

They're actually under Indian law, so that applies.

pgardn
11-27-2018, 08:07 AM
If you go there and get killed, it's on you. The natives aren't aware of modern times despite seeing planes and boats their entire lives and being what, 20 miles from a populated area?mm

Yes...just like you are a journalist critical of your own country, and then step into an embassy in a completely different country and get dismembered, just like that. The Parallels are astounding.

DMC
11-27-2018, 08:42 AM
They're actually under Indian law, so that applies.

I accounted for that with illegal trespass and poaching. Since murder isn't prosecuted that's all I can come up with.

Spurminator
11-27-2018, 11:37 AM
As I understand it, anthropologists believe these Islanders are so isolated that merely exposing them to outsiders puts them at terrible risk of mass infection. Is it acceptable to wipe them out because maybe they practice cannibalism or some such? It seems to me that Indian govt / anthropologists made the right choice

Like I said, we don't seem to know anything about the North Sentinelese, so I don't really want to assume cannibalism is happening... if it was, I can't say I'd be too concerned about the death of such a civilization. If you assume a worst case scenario, the question becomes whether it's better to exist on such a civilization or not to exist at all. Not sure I know the answer. It's entirely likely, though, that they're a peaceful and self-sufficient community that is just understandably wary of outsiders.

But, as some here have suggested, the current policy does treat them as less than human. They're protected as though they are an endangered species, but they're left to whatever natural survival of the fittest dynamics may govern the community. Regardless of their practices, they don't know any better. They're completely insulated. People are born, live, and die there without knowing any other options exist.

So with that in mind, does society have a responsibility to make contact with people like this in good faith? Risk of infection is definitely a concern, but I have a hard time believing a well-staffed (and well-protected) medical team couldn't effectively blunt and treat the spread of disease. History has a lot of bad examples of this kind of contact, but I think it's probably more a question of effort than feasibility. Past visits to this island and to other tribes, like the one Winehole posted about, weren't in good faith.

Again, I'm not saying we SHOULD do any of this. In the real world, it probably isn't much of a priority for the Indian government (or the UN, or whomever) to devote the manpower and resources to such an effort. I think it's an interesting philosophical discussion, though. Is it a human right to have a fundamental awareness of the world you live in?

Spurminator
11-27-2018, 11:50 AM
One thing doesn't invalidate the other, tbh... he *can* be a stupid idiot, and at the same time, we could have questions about this tribe and how they operate.

I agree.

What you're asking about, however, it's a very thin line that countries like the US has only blurred more and more over the years, and obviously presents a very difficult slippery slope.

Plenty of example of this: Circumcision can be seen both as child abuse or hygienic need depending on who you ask, it's been maintained mostly out of traditionalism, and generally viewed as socially accepted. What if that perception changes though? (the hygienic benefits have already come largely into question) Does countries invade Israel to stop child abuse?

Or take Saudi Arabia, not just on killing journalists on their embassy, but the stonings to death, etc. The world generally looks the other way, because it's their country and their laws.

How about the death penalty in the US? Can some other country deem that inhumane? why not?

I mean, the US has invaded countries because their leaders have killed their own people. I suppose some of them were meanies and some others were not?

The civilized world has a spectrum of options other than invasion to deal with human rights issues. Normal practice is sanctions or trade embargoes, putting pressure on leadership to enforce a movement away from those practices. (And we both know that when the US invades Syria, Iraq, etc., it's not because their leaders are killing their own people... that's just part of the PR campaign to justify military action.)

I wouldn't punish the North Sentinelese for protecting their island, or for any of their internal practices. But they don't know any better, and my questions are more about whether we have any moral responsibility to help them get there, or if we just let them do their thing no matter what it is.

DMC
11-27-2018, 01:15 PM
Propping them up like some museum piece is pretty twisted. I could understand it if this was a place that was very difficult to reach and a tribe lived there. Instead it's just put off limits by civilizations laws and that's the only thing keeping these people alive.

I mean if they're viable as a society then let them defend their own shores instead of having the modernized navy and police force do it for them.

ElNono
11-27-2018, 10:45 PM
The civilized world has a spectrum of options other than invasion to deal with human rights issues. Normal practice is sanctions or trade embargoes, putting pressure on leadership to enforce a movement away from those practices. (And we both know that when the US invades Syria, Iraq, etc., it's not because their leaders are killing their own people... that's just part of the PR campaign to justify military action.)

I wouldn't punish the North Sentinelese for protecting their island, or for any of their internal practices. But they don't know any better, and my questions are more about whether we have any moral responsibility to help them get there, or if we just let them do their thing no matter what it is.

I think it's more about giving them a patch of land, like the US does with tribes here. What laws apply in there is up to India, so that's an internal problem of them.

I don't think there's any embargo/diplomatic pressure that's going to work with the island itself, as they're fully isolated and autonomous, it would have to go through India. Invasion would be the only direct option, that's why I brought it up.

At any rate, if superpowers would be actually interested in surveying the island from afar, they have the satellites and tools to do it.

boutons_deux
12-01-2018, 07:44 PM
"The leader of the Christian missionary group that helped train him,

Kansas City-based All Nations (https://allnations.us/),

refrained on Tuesday from saying that she regrets sending Chau on what would be his fatal mission,

or that she might have prevented it."

So they prepared him to go even though they knew going to that island was illegal.

But did anyone at All Nations look into why it was illegal? That’s the key question.

But considering all the evidence, it cannot be stated enough—

Chau had no defensible reason to even be over there.

He was trespassing on an island that was off limits for the very survival of a tribe that has no genetic immunity.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/11/28/1815866/-Missionary-group-who-sent-that-kid-to-remote-Indian-island-has-some-explaining-to-do?detail=emaildkre (https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/11/28/1815866/-Missionary-group-who-sent-that-kid-to-remote-Indian-island-has-some-explaining-to-do?detail=emaildkre)

What's The Matter With Kansas? Religion makes you stupid