PDA

View Full Version : To any and all Smashing Pumpkins fans...

Cant_Be_Faded
10-25-2005, 05:13 PM
Ridiculously fantastic news--reunion baby!!!

This was posted on William's myspace:

hello this is billy corgan speaking the pumpkins are officially getting back together as of now. but i dont want any involvement with drugs and alchol abuse with my band. the origional members may not come back except for jimmy chamberlin *maybe*. i want a new twist on the band. i've been listening to a lot of different rock/metal music such as black sabbath and i want a more heavier sound to the band. i want to revive and change the band from how it was before. I hope you guys enjoy our new music. our first album should be out as soon as sometime in the year 2006 thank you billy :o)

I am not sure how the Pumpkins can properly function without Jimmy (who is easily head and shoulders above most professional drummers)

BUT

This is still bad ass news :smokin :hat :fro

TheTruth
10-25-2005, 05:16 PM
Fantastic News...

Question for you guys...

If billy corgan had killed himself after the double disk would he be as revered as kurt cobain?

Cant_Be_Faded
10-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Well, they were my favorite band before that CD, so I'd feel probably less of a fan, because I really really liked Adore, and about 2/3 of Machina

Alot of Evan Mariotts out there would go bonkers over SP if he had killed himself though.

tekdragon
10-25-2005, 05:29 PM
This is great news (assuming Jimmy's in)!

Starla is still the best song ever.

batman2883
10-25-2005, 05:57 PM
Billy is gay as fuck...i mean ive seen some fags, but this dude is the oober ike of them all....god dang..but 1979, ava adore kick ass

MannyIsGod
10-25-2005, 06:26 PM
You all misread what he said. He said the origional members may not come back EXCEPT for Jimmy. So I read that as saying Jimmy is the only one in for sure.

Good news though!

Spurminator
10-25-2005, 06:29 PM
Is it me or does Billy Corgan write like a 7th grader with dreams of forming a metal band after listening to his dad's record collection?

scott
10-25-2005, 06:29 PM
If it's Billy Corgan and a bunch of new people... why bother calling it the Smashing Pumpkins as opposed to... I don't know... Billy Corgan.

can you say... MARKETING PLOY

ZStomp
10-25-2005, 06:30 PM
Is this a Halloween joke that I don't get?

Cant_Be_Faded
10-25-2005, 06:32 PM
You all misread what he said. He said the origional members may not come back EXCEPT for Jimmy. So I read that as saying Jimmy is the only one in for sure.

Good news though!

I hope you're right. Smashing pumpkins can't have the Smashing Pumpkins sound without him.

Is it me or does Billy Corgan write like a 7th grader with dreams of forming a metal band after listening to his dad's record collection?
No because the music he writes is light years beyond the common Evan Marriot's music collection.

If it's Billy Corgan and a bunch of new people... why bother calling it the Smashing Pumpkins as opposed to... I don't know... Billy Corgan.

can you say... MARKETING PLOY

Youre right if Jimmy was on his solo album. He released an album under "billy corgan" called "TheFutureEmbrace" (yes all one word, :lol) and I think jimmy was only a guest drummer for one track.

But the thing about SP was that it involved Corgan as the brain and Jimmy as the muscle (behind the tuthle)

So if jimmy's back, billy corgan becomes smashing pumpkins.

Spurminator
10-25-2005, 06:35 PM
No because the music he writes is light years beyond the common Evan Marriot's music collection.

Fine enough, but this particular instance just sounds a little weird.

For example... "i want a more heavier sound to the band"...

Do you have a link?

scott
10-25-2005, 06:35 PM
We aren't talking about fucking Phil Collins here... Jimmy Chamberlin is a decent drummer, not spectacular.

Tres_Till_it_MHz
10-25-2005, 06:36 PM
Please say it ain't so. He (Billy) sounds like a whiney crying little bitch.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-25-2005, 06:37 PM
We aren't talking about fucking Phil Collins here... Jimmy Chamberlin is a decent drummer, not spectacular.

Jimmy Chamberlain fuckin owns man, listen to The Everlasting Gaze, Quiet, and Thru the Eyes of Ruby, for example.

He's way better than decent. When he was like 8 years old, some famous jazz drummer took him under his wing because he was a drumming prodigy.

Fine enough, but this particular instance just sounds a little weird.

For example... "i want a more heavier sound to the band"...

Do you have a link?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=10280630&Mytoken=30D804F8-27B3-479F-9E1FC6ED0C98690F2010524937

Spurminator
10-25-2005, 06:41 PM
From Bob Dylan's Facebook...

HIYEEE evrybody!! guess what? i'm getting back together with The Band! FOR REALZ!!!

see, heres what happenned, ok so i was listening to the basement tapes for the first time in like forever, and i was like, i should totally call up garth hudson and see if he wants to do an album or something

so i called him and he's like DUDE WUZ UP and i'm like YO WE SHOULD TOTALLY GET BACK TOGETHER and hes like HELLZ YA so were doin it!!!!!!!!

its 2 bad rick danko died cuz i'd love to jam with him again but o well. so NEwayz check out our new album dropping some time next year, PEACE!!! ;)

Spurminator
10-25-2005, 06:47 PM
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...8690F2010524937

Call me a cynic, but I think you guys have been duped.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Maybe, cuz this stuff isnt on billycorgan.com, but the last update on billycorgan.com said he wanted his old band back, and badly.

Spurminator
10-25-2005, 07:09 PM
Just doesn't make much sense to me... It's a MySpace account called "Original Smashing Pumpkins" but Corgan doesn't want the original band back together because of drugs?

Plus, judging by the comments, the site has been up for the better part of a year and we haven't heard about this reunion anywhere else.

And if he had a MySpace page, I would imagine he'd have a link on his website.

batman2883
10-25-2005, 07:10 PM
yeah but they sucked, except for tonight, and some other tracks

Cant_Be_Faded
10-25-2005, 07:10 PM
there is a 'billy corgan' myspace site, which is posted on the official billy website, and that does not mention this either

you may be right

but i still see a reunion on the horizon cuz he's been talking about getting the band back ever since he released his shitty solo album.

SmotPoker
10-25-2005, 07:48 PM
I love gallagher, I never seen him smash pumpkins though.

CharlieMac
10-25-2005, 08:12 PM
I was pretty stoked about this a few weeks ago. Zwan wasn't good, but it wasn't bad. I've been listening to Mellon Collie straight for the past two weeks.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-25-2005, 08:23 PM
I busted out Machina last night, I forgot how hard some of those tracks went, especially Everlasting Gaze

I love listenin to pumpkins albums with good headphones, its awesome

MannyIsGod
10-26-2005, 01:31 AM
I've been listening a lot to Meloncholie lately because of the thread in there. Awesome music.

:lmao @ Spurminators "Dylan's Facebook". So classic.

Vashner
10-26-2005, 01:36 AM
I remember seeing them at the Freeman bout uh.. like 6 years ago??

SmotPoker
10-26-2005, 01:37 AM
I like Meloncholie, it reminds me of high school, or does it remind me of getting high? Hmm can't seem to remember.