PDA

View Full Version : Celtics: Ainge refused to trade for Leonard because he didnt wanna give up brown and tatum..

JakeCuenca
11-21-2018, 11:19 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/Vg0JstydL8HCg/giphy.gif

JakeCuenca
11-21-2018, 11:20 PM
Hes gonna lose the cancer kyrie so I giess theres that, but next year hes gonna have bums all over again.

Aging horfod
Overrated Hayward
Bums like Tatum and Brown

Killakobe81
11-22-2018, 12:01 AM
Hes gonna lose the cancer kyrie so I giess theres that, but next year hes gonna have bums all over again.

Aging horfod
Overrated Hayward
Bums like Tatum and Brown

Tatum still has plenty of promise...
I'm almost out on Brown... Still can be a good third or 4th option but he can't be your best or 2nd best player on a title team...

DAF86
11-22-2018, 12:56 AM
Spurs should have just kept Kawhi. Right now they would be getting all kinds of great offers.

Mr. Body
11-22-2018, 04:57 PM
Stupid. Especially with Horford declining badly, they need someone with some physicality down low.

Kobe'sAchilles
11-23-2018, 01:40 AM
Brown is garbage. Just another overrated Celtic player who the media loves bc it's Boston. And Tatum hasn't shown me anything this year. He has regressed and not just offensively but also on defense. It's definitely bc of Hayward but still he needed to improve in the off-season and he hasn't. As of now the league has caught up to him.

Chillen
11-23-2018, 01:54 AM
They should have traded for Leonard he would have paired well with Irving. Tatum would be in the West. They are no longer a lock to make the Finals in the East.

Mr. Body
11-23-2018, 02:29 AM
They should have traded for Leonard he would have paired well with Irving. Tatum would be in the West. They are no longer a lock to make the Finals in the East.

Philly and Boston both should have made a push for Leonard. They fucked up. Ainge is going to 'genius' himself into an increasingly bad situation because he overvalues what he has and probably adores himself for the good luck he's had.

Rusty
11-23-2018, 02:31 AM
Lol no, Ainge is going for Anthony Davis. He’s also smart enough to know that Kawhi is heading to LA no matter what

daslicer
11-23-2018, 02:33 AM
Lol no, Ainge is going for Anthony Davis. He’s also smart enough to know that Kawhi is heading to LA no matter what

Have to agree with you on this. Kawhi and his uncle are hell bent to be in LA so Ainge would have ended up losing in the end by trading Tatum/Brown for Kawhi. Only way the trade works out for Ainge is if the Celtics win the title. That's too much a risk to take for a 1 year rental.

11-23-2018, 02:39 AM
:lol spur fans trying to spin this somehow to feel better about this shit show

ambchang
11-23-2018, 10:21 AM
Kawhi isn’t anywhere close to his former self. He’s inefficient and his defense has dropped.

The spurs definitely should’ve gotten more than derozan for him but to say that the spurs got worse than last year because of the trade is sillly. The spurs got worse because they don’t have their two best PGs.

AaronY
11-23-2018, 10:48 AM
Spurs should have just kept Kawhi. Right now they would be getting all kinds of great offers.
1,000,000% agree with this

baseline bum
11-23-2018, 11:52 AM

Leonard's uncle is pretty close to Kyrie's family. I bet he would have stayed but Ainge overrated his own players and offered the Spurs shit.

Will Hunting
11-23-2018, 12:11 PM
Brown is garbage. Just another overrated Celtic player who the media loves bc it's Boston. And Tatum hasn't shown me anything this year. He has regressed and not just offensively but also on defense. It's definitely bc of Hayward but still he needed to improve in the off-season and he hasn't. As of now the league has caught up to him.
Tatum still has the potential to be really good but he’s regressed after an offseason of Kobe telling him to chuck more.

Jaylen Brown was never anything more than a glorified Jamal Crawford who just had a hot shooting streak at the right time last year.

Spurtacular
11-23-2018, 08:13 PM
Smart by Ainge when you take into consideration the contracts and Kawhi being a diva.

ambchang
11-23-2018, 10:19 PM

Not if he doesn’t play at all.

ducks
11-23-2018, 10:32 PM

DAF86
11-24-2018, 01:42 AM
Not if he doesn’t play at all.

Do you think he would have kept from playing two fucking seasons? He wants to make money. :lol

ambchang
11-24-2018, 06:55 AM
Do you think he would have kept from playing two fucking seasons? He wants to make money. :lol

Until the trade deadline

hater
11-24-2018, 09:36 AM

:lmao howso

Mute Cancer woukd be still “rehabing” in NYC and would not have played a second in the season:lol

How would that give us any decent offers :lmao

Raven
11-24-2018, 09:37 AM
they will be fine

DAF86
11-24-2018, 10:26 AM
:lmao howso

Mute Cancer woukd be still “rehabing” in NYC and would not have played a second in the season:lol

How would that give us any decent offers :lmao

He wouldn't have done that, because that would have been career suicide.

DAF86
11-24-2018, 10:27 AM
Until the trade deadline

Spurs don't trade him and he loses a shit ton of money.

LkrFan
11-24-2018, 11:51 AM
Stop right there. AD signed with LeBron's Klutch agency. No way in hell does Ainge trade his future for a 1-year rental. :)

LkrFan
11-24-2018, 11:52 AM
:lol spur fans trying to spin this somehow to feel better about this shit show

Yep :lol

LkrFan
11-24-2018, 11:54 AM
Tatum still has the potential to be really good but he’s regressed after an offseason of Kobe telling him to chuck more.

Jaylen Brown was never anything more than a glorified Jamal Crawford who just had a hot shooting streak at the right time last year.

Celtikkk fans blaming the Lakers for their problems is like David Dennison and Hillary's emails. :lmao

Will Hunting
11-24-2018, 12:00 PM
Celtikkk fans blaming the Lakers for their problems is like David Dennison and Hillary's emails. :lmao
Not blaming Kobe, it's the Celtic's fault for encouraging Tatum to take advice from the biggest chucker in NBA history :lol

LkrFan
11-24-2018, 12:22 PM
Not blaming Kobe, it's the Celtic's fault for encouraging Tatum to take advice from the biggest chucker in NBA history :lol

Kobe is better than every Celtikkk that ever playedPERIOD. Pick any era - Kobe would bust they ass. Havlicek, Bird, Russell, DJ, Parish, PP, Reggie Lewis, Len Bias - he would bust any of theirs asses. :toast

Lakers had a better trade package for KG too. Yet Lurch gifted him to Boston anyway. Verdict? 1 rang in the last 32 years! :lmao Meanwhile Kobe beat y'all in 2010, capping off a repeat (without Shaq). Moral of the story: STFU about Kobe. :lol

Will Hunting
11-24-2018, 12:27 PM
Kobe is better than every Celtikkk that ever playedPERIOD. Pick any era - Kobe would bust they ass. Havlicek, Bird, Russell, DJ, Parish, PP, Reggie Lewis, Len Bias - he would bust any of theirs asses. :toast

Lakers had a better trade package for KG too. Yet Lurch gifted him to Boston anyway. Verdict? 1 rang in the last 32 years! :lmao Meanwhile Kobe beat y'all in 2010, capping off a repeat (without Shaq). Moral of the story: STFU about Kobe. :lol
:lol better trade package? Al Jefferson was better than anything the Lakers were offering at the time.

:lol getting defensive about Kobe
:lol the Lakers since Jerry Buss died
:lol Magic Johnson
:lol Lonzo Ball

LkrFan
11-24-2018, 12:31 PM
:lol better trade package? Al Jefferson was better than anything the Lakers were offering at the time.

:lol getting defensive about Kobe
:lol the Lakers since Jerry Buss died
:lol Magic Johnson
:lol Lonzo Ball

:lol 50s titles
:lol 60s titles
:lol Reggie Lewis
:lol Len Bias
:lol Kobe beat 4 HOFers in 2010

hater
11-24-2018, 12:52 PM
He wouldn't have done that, because that would have been career suicide.

:lmao he did that all year las season :lol

Of course he would have done that. Spurs had to get rid of this cancer

Clipper Nation
11-24-2018, 01:03 PM
:lmao Kobe couldn't even beat Pierce in 2008 and needed the refs and MVPau to carry him past Pierce in 2010.

ambchang
11-24-2018, 01:18 PM
Spurs don't trade him and he loses a shit ton of money.

What good does that do the spurs?

Stop thinking like a jilted lover.

DAF86
11-24-2018, 01:34 PM
:lmao he did that all year las season :lol

Of course he would have done that. Spurs had to get rid of this cancer

He wouldn't have done it two years in a row. And if he did, he would have been legally obligated to stay with the Spurs for one more season.

LkrFan
11-24-2018, 01:35 PM
:lmao Kobe couldn't even beat Pierce in 2008 and needed the refs and MVPau to carry him past Pierce in 2010.

:lol at you conveniently leaving out the fact that Baby Drew was hurt in 2008. It's cool tho :lol

DAF86
11-24-2018, 01:36 PM

Stop thinking like a jilted lover.

It forces Kawhi to play, therefore giving the Spurs better trade options.

Clipper Nation
11-24-2018, 02:48 PM
:lol at you conveniently leaving out the fact that Baby Drew was hurt in 2008. It's cool tho :lol
Oh, you mean the guy that Kobe wanted to "ship his ass out" for Jason Kidd?

11-24-2018, 03:21 PM

Stop thinking like a jilted lover.Takes some of the leverage from Kawhi, and forces Kawhi, in a contract year, to play.

There were probably a lot of questions about his health, so they probably thought better to sell high. In hindsight keeping him and trading him like Minny did Jimmy Butler, was the better move.

LkrFan
11-24-2018, 03:42 PM
Oh, you mean the guy that Kobe wanted to "ship his ass out" for Jason Kidd?

Yeah, that guy! :lmao

ambchang
11-24-2018, 04:03 PM
It forces Kawhi to play, therefore giving the Spurs better trade options.

His trade value will crater after signing a long term deal. It’s very difficult to trade super max players.

Besides the spurs will be hesitant to give him Supermax money knowing he is unwilling to play anyways. It won’t be too different from the summer.

DAF86
11-24-2018, 04:08 PM
His trade value will crater after signing a long term deal. It’s very difficult to trade super max players.

Besides the spurs will be hesitant to give him Supermax money knowing he is unwilling to play anyways. It won’t be too different from the summer.

What you say doesn't make sense. Kawhi had a year remaining, Spurs didn't need to sign him to anything.

ambchang
11-24-2018, 04:20 PM
What you say doesn't make sense. Kawhi had a year remaining, Spurs didn't need to sign him to anything.

Isn’t he done after this year?

DMC
11-24-2018, 04:22 PM
It's easy to spot the people who have never run a business. They make irrational, emotional decisions without regard to the future of the franchise. They'd hire or fire someone just to make a point, then go tits up the next year.

LkrFan
11-24-2018, 04:25 PM

Blake Griffin

DAF86
11-24-2018, 04:30 PM
Isn’t he done after this year?

Yes, but I don't understand your point.

My point is: Kawhi would have played, folks would have seen he was healthy and teams would be willing to make better offers ti the Spurs.

Why would Kawhi play? Because sitting two years of his prime is career suicide. Also, there could have been a mutual agreement between Kawhi and Pop. "You want to get traded and we want to concede your wish, but right now we aren't getting anything good. Start the season with us, remind everyone how good you are and we would be able to move you".

DAF86
11-24-2018, 04:32 PM
It's easy to spot the people who have never run a business. They make irrational, emotional decisions without regard to the future of the franchise. They'd hire or fire someone just to make a point, then go tits up the next year.

I run a considerable successful business son. Do you?

DMC
11-24-2018, 05:10 PM
I run a considerable successful business son. Do you?

You felt called out for some reason. :lol

LkrFan
11-24-2018, 05:15 PM

Busted! :lmao

DAF86
11-24-2018, 06:37 PM

Because I was called "a jilted lover" for saying I wouldn't trade Kawhi, on this very same thread. I was literally called out for being "irrational and emotional". Try to keep up.

DMC
11-24-2018, 07:22 PM
Because I was called "a jilted lover" for saying I wouldn't trade Kawhi, on this very same thread. I was literally called out for being "irrational and emotional". Try to keep up.

Not by me.

You are a bit emotional though, as made evident by your victim complex.

DAF86
11-24-2018, 08:45 PM
Not by me.

I'm sure you making that comment about "irrational emotions" after another poster said I should "stop thinking like a jitled lover" is pure coincide. :lol

But tell me, was I wrong to assume that one of the people adressed with your comment was me?

You are a bit emotional though, as made evident by your victim complex.

"Victim complex" :lol

That's the first time I've heard that about me here, tbh. I've been called cocky, petulant, a bully and things like that, but never a victim, tbh. :lol

ambchang
11-24-2018, 09:17 PM
Blake Griffin

Impossible is nothing.

Difficult is not impossible.

ambchang
11-24-2018, 09:18 PM
Yes, but I don't understand your point.

My point is: Kawhi would have played, folks would have seen he was healthy and teams would be willing to make better offers ti the Spurs.

Why would Kawhi play? Because sitting two years of his prime is career suicide. Also, there could have been a mutual agreement between Kawhi and Pop. "You want to get traded and we want to concede your wish, but right now we aren't getting anything good. Start the season with us, remind everyone how good you are and we would be able to move you".

Why would he have to play? He would just sit until the trade deadline, then come out beasting, boosting his value, then sign with whoever he wanted with the highest price.

The Spurs get nothing in return, Kawhi gets to be traded to his team and maximize his contract.

DAF86
11-24-2018, 09:24 PM
Why would he have to play? He would just sit until the trade deadline, then come out beasting, boosting his value, then sign with whoever he wanted with the highest price.

The Spurs get nothing in return, Kawhi gets to be traded to his team and maximize his contract.

Because, legally, if you sit the entire season in the last year of your contract, you automatically are tied to that franchise for one more season.

ambchang
11-24-2018, 09:25 PM

Sorry buddy. Didn’t mean disrespects. But i read your scenario as purely out of spite and a game of chicken.

Teams will still throw the max at him even after he sat out two years. And he didn’t even have to do that. Just start playing after the trade deadline. Or even workout videos released on the web will do.

The spurs had little leverage.

ambchang
11-24-2018, 09:26 PM
Because, legally, if you sit the entire season in the last year of your contract, you automatically are tied to that franchise for one more season.

Honestly never heard of that. But like I said, just start playing after the trade deadline.

DAF86
11-24-2018, 09:28 PM
Sorry buddy. Didn’t mean disrespects. But i read your scenario as purely out of spite and a game of chicken.

Teams will still throw the max at him even after he sat out two years. And he didn’t even have to do that. Just start playing after the trade deadline. Or even workout videos released on the web will do.

The spurs had little leverage.

I can understand people thinking that I'm being emotional but trust me that my reasoning is 100% logically driven. I trully believe that the Spurs would have been better off starting the season with Kawhi on the roster.

DAF86
11-24-2018, 09:30 PM
Honestly never heard of that. But like I said, just start playing after the trade deadline.

Why would he do that? The entire point of playing, and playing good, would be to fulfill his desire of being traded. If he starts playing after the trade deadline, he's stuck with the Spurs for the rest of the season.

ambchang
11-24-2018, 09:56 PM
Why would he do that? The entire point of playing, and playing good, would be to fulfill his desire of being traded. If he starts playing after the trade deadline, he's stuck with the Spurs for the rest of the season.

His desire is to go to LA. Not to be traded. If starts playing after the deadline, he can force his way out.

DAF86
11-24-2018, 10:03 PM
His desire is to go to LA. Not to be traded. If starts playing after the deadline, he can force his way out.

He wouldn't be forcing anything, tbh. He would just play out the season and sign anywhere else in the offseason.

Anyways, why would Kawhi do that? Like you said, he wants to go to LA, not fuck the Spurs over just because. Why spent an entire season in a place where you don't want to be just to fuck a team over? He just wants to go to LA, he doesn't care what happens to the Spurs.

DAF86
11-24-2018, 10:06 PM
In fact, if Kawhi would have started the season with the Spurs, chances are he would be in LA right now, instead of Toronto.

With the way the Lakers started the season, I wouldn't put it past Magic to concede to whatever ir was the Spurs were asking for Kawhi just to make the trade happen.

DMC
11-24-2018, 10:12 PM
I can understand people thinking that I'm being emotional but trust me that my reasoning is 100% logically driven. I trully believe that the Spurs would have been better off starting the season with Kawhi on the roster.

He didn't want to be here ergo he's toxic to the chemistry in the lockerroom, like Butler in Minny. You have to move that shit asap.

therealtruth
11-25-2018, 03:55 AM
In fact, if Kawhi would have started the season with the Spurs, chances are he would be in LA right now, instead of Toronto.

With the way the Lakers started the season, I wouldn't put it past Magic to concede to whatever ir was the Spurs were asking for Kawhi just to make the trade happen.

Spurs weren't going to trade him to a WC team.

ambchang
11-25-2018, 11:28 AM
He wouldn't be forcing anything, tbh. He would just play out the season and sign anywhere else in the offseason.

Anyways, why would Kawhi do that? Like you said, he wants to go to LA, not fuck the Spurs over just because. Why spent an entire season in a place where you don't want to be just to fuck a team over? He just wants to go to LA, he doesn't care what happens to the Spurs.
He already demonstrated he’d hurt the spurs for his gain. If he simply wants to be traded and help the spurs. He would have just played and told the spurs to trade him because he won’t sign with them. That would help him and get mad value for the spurs. And he didn’t.

Chucho
11-25-2018, 11:38 AM

The Greatest Beta of All Time doesnt win without Daddy carrying his queermo ass and then the NBA gifting him a pair of titles with Pau and the Refs. Fact.

Kobe the Queer is basketball's most over rated player ever. Second fiddles aren't as great as you think Kobe the Rapist is. Since you're Mexican, I'm sure you could make a nice pueblo with all his bricks, Joaquin.

LkrFan
11-25-2018, 11:43 AM
The Greatest Beta of All Time doesnt win without Daddy carrying his queermo ass and then the NBA gifting him a pair of titles with Pau and the Refs. Fact.

Kobe the Queer is basketball's most over rated player ever. Second fiddles aren't as great as you think Kobe the Rapist is. Since you're Mexican, I'm sure you could make a nice pueblo with all his bricks, Joaquin .

:lol

Kobe also has a winning H2H playoff record vs Jim. Wanna talk about it? :)

PaulSpillcrap
11-25-2018, 05:41 PM

Kobe the Queer is basketball's most over rated player ever. Second fiddles aren't as great as you think Kobe the Rapist is. Since you're Mexican, I'm sure you could make a nice pueblo with all his bricks, Joaquin.
Making fun of a mexican when your name is Chucho lmao!!:lmaoEvery other mexican has an uncle with that name.

Chucho
11-25-2018, 07:32 PM
Making fun of a mexican when your name is Chucho lmao!!:lmaoEvery other mexican has an uncle with that name.

Yeah. Totally my real name.

Chucho
11-25-2018, 07:34 PM
:lol

Kobe also has a winning H2H playoff record vs Jim. Wanna talk about it? :)

Sure. Tim is a top 10 player of all time. Kobe isn't. Tim has more MVPs, Finals MVPs and never missed the playoffs and has the highest winning percentage of all Top 50 Players. We're done. That was fun.