PDA

View Full Version : Bold Prediction: Pau is going to be traded this year.

alpha_HaZE
11-22-2018, 12:05 AM
Expiring contract, and he is not playing which I hope it's because he is getting traded.

Oubre + Manhimi for Pau works.

Why the Spurs do it, Ian knows the system and could be an R & D center to play behind LaMarcus. But the main reason we will do it is Oubre, a young athletic wing that can play defense and back up Rudy Gay. We will sign Pau this summer after Wizards let him go for the vets min.

Why wizards do it, well they will unload Ian's contract and save some money and Oubre is going to leave anyways this summer.

So it's a win-win, if not Oubre, I am sure there will be someone else. Don't forget it's a rebuilding year, next year we look good.

DJ/Bryn/White
Lonnie/Patty
DeMar/Marco
Rudy/Oubre/Bertans
LA/Poeltl/Ian

SAGirl
11-22-2018, 02:19 AM
It’s possible.

John B
11-22-2018, 02:53 AM
It’s going to get uglier the next few games, yup! We’re getting defensive help for Pau.

Drewlius
11-22-2018, 03:32 AM
What in the actual fuck is a “3 & D center”?

alpha_HaZE
11-22-2018, 03:33 AM
What in the actual fuck is a “3 & D center”?

Fixed it, I wanted to type R & D, rebounding and defense.

Cheers.

John B
11-22-2018, 04:57 AM
I haven't seen Spurs played ugly since Cadillac Anderson was still with the team

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-22-2018, 12:18 PM
He’s about the only tradeable asset, and this team needs a boost, so yeah I could definitely see it.

cd021
11-22-2018, 12:33 PM
Expiring contract, and he is not playing which I hope it's because he is getting traded.

Oubre + Manhimi for Pau works.

Why the Spurs do it, Ian knows the system and could be an R & D center to play behind LaMarcus. But the main reason we will do it is Oubre, a young athletic wing that can play defense and back up Rudy Gay. We will sign Pau this summer after Wizards let him go for the vets min.

Why wizards do it, well they will unload Ian's contract and save some money and Oubre is going to leave anyways this summer.

So it's a win-win, if not Oubre, I am sure there will be someone else. Don't forget it's a rebuilding year, next year we look good.

DJ/Bryn/White
Lonnie/Patty
DeMar/Marco
Rudy/Oubre/Bertans
LA/Poeltl/Ian

As others have said Gasol and Mills plus higher of the Spurs 1sts for Porter and filler, works.

Wiz could stretch and waive Gasol after this season and pay him only $2.3 million over each of the next three seasons. Mills and Gasols dead cap salary would only cost them about $15 next season and the year after that too compared to paying Porter $57 million during that same period.

Spurs get a big upgrade on the wing that is also youngish and under contract for 2 more seasons after this one. Gasol would probably be gone anyways next season and the Spurs have much cheaper and younger options at guard with Forbes and White.

Btw, Ian played for the Spurs a decade ago, he really doesn't know the system. Also he may have the worst contract in the NBA.

alpha_HaZE
11-22-2018, 12:41 PM
As others have said Gasol and Mills plus higher of the Spurs 1sts for Porter and filler, works.

Wiz could stretch and waive Gasol after this season and pay him only $2.3 million over each of the next three seasons. Mills and Gasols dead cap salary would only cost them about $15 next season and the year after that too compared to paying Porter $57 million during that same period.

Spurs get a big upgrade on the wing that is also youngish and under contract for 2 more seasons after this one. Gasol would probably be gone anyways next season and the Spurs have much cheaper and younger options at guard with Forbes and White.

Btw, Ian played for the Spurs a decade ago, he really doesn't know the system. Also he may have the worst contract in the NBA.

I don't see Patty being traded, he is the longest tenured Spurs and a vet Pop can rely on off court. And Patty even though is not a starter, he is pretty good as a bench player. I wouldn't give him away, especially for Porter. Otto is a good player but way overpaid.

Dverde
11-22-2018, 12:53 PM
He isn’t expiring. He has a partial guarantee for next year.

Dverde
11-22-2018, 12:57 PM
I don't see Patty being traded, he is the longest tenured Spurs and a vet Pop can rely on off court. And Patty even though is not a starter, he is pretty good as a bench player. I wouldn't give him away, especially for Porter. Otto is a good player but way overpaid.

I like Patty as a person, but I would give him away. I would even include a draft pick to be rid of the contract. Forbes does the exact thing he does. He is our “vocal leader”. We can sign Eric Snow on the vet min for that.

r0drig0lac
11-22-2018, 01:04 PM

so he may have a position in the front office, problem solved

phxspurfan
11-22-2018, 01:55 PM
He's not playing because he's injured.

dbestpro
11-22-2018, 03:06 PM
I don't think Washington gets rid of Oubre. I do think Porter will be the one to go. Washington needs a back up PG and have Howard at center for 5mil. I do think it is possible to see Mills, Gasol, Bertans, for Porter and Howard. Washington gets rid of Porter's contract and picks up a couple of 3 point shooters. This is a big gamble for SA, but the only way the make progress is to take on a big gamble.

sasaint
11-22-2018, 03:13 PM
I don't think Washington gets rid of Oubre. I do think Porter will be the one to go. Washington needs a back up PG and have Howard at center for 5mil. I do think it is possible to see Mills, Gasol, Bertans, for Porter and Howard. Washington gets rid of Porter's contract and picks up a couple of 3 point shooters. This is a big gamble for SA, but the only way the make progress is to take on a big gamble.

Pop trading for Dwert! :lmao