PDA

View Full Version : OT: NBA 2K19

Errol Flynn
11-23-2018, 09:48 PM
Seeing this as part of a Black Friday sale. What's your thoughts? Best basketball videogame out there?

ECOV
11-23-2018, 10:36 PM
They want you to buy too much VC. Gameplay wise I'm sure it's great but other multiplayer features, they want ypubto pay with vc

DMC
11-23-2018, 10:54 PM
The 2K line has jumped the shark. You cannot get a game going without someone quitting on you, then you lose your VC because of a glitch and you're lucky if you ever get it back. The bulk of online players spam the fuck out of the steal button and run the pick and roll to death because the NPC players don't guard worth a shit. You cannot fast break because the game slows you down to make it "competitive". Suddenly Aldridge is a chase down artist even if you get a half court lead.

No thanks.

Chris
11-23-2018, 11:04 PM
Easy way to get 17.5k vc in 20-30 minutes tbh

JakeCuenca
11-23-2018, 11:43 PM
Havent played 2k since 16 :lol

Kobe'sAchilles
11-23-2018, 11:45 PM
The game is just full of glitches. Biggest one is that it won't let me play Kawhi on the second night of back to backs for some reason.

baseline bum
11-24-2018, 12:23 AM

2k16 killed the franchise for me with that Spike Lee career mode bullshit. I made my player a 7-foot Polack and yet no matter what I do I get caught up in hood bullshit. I play great and my draft stock still tanks. And I have black parents and sister when I'm fucking Eastern European? The thing that finally made me quit the game was the racially ambiguous gold digger girlfriend who could be black, Puerto Rican, Asian, who the fuck knows? I used to love the career mode in the earlier games when you could run your mouth off to your teammates, demand the GM trades the guy you don't like, talk shit to the press after the game, force a trade, etc. Now that career mode is hidden behind microtransactions that sounds even worse than the Spike Lee career mode.

JakeCuenca
11-24-2018, 12:31 AM
2k16 killed the franchise for me with that Spike Lee career mode bullshit. I made my player a 7-foot Polack and yet no matter what I do I get caught up in hood bullshit. I play great and my draft stock still tanks. And I have black parents and sister when I'm fucking Eastern European? The thing that finally made me quit the game was the racially ambiguous gold digger girlfriend who could be black, Puerto Rican, Asian, who the fuck knows? I used to love the career mode in the earlier games when you could run your mouth off to your teammates, demand the GM trades the guy you don't like, talk shit to the press after the game, force a trade, etc. Now that career mode is hidden behind microtransactions that sounds even worse than the Spike Lee career mode.

Lol was it that bad? Ive never played career mode everygame. I usually just play quick game with CPU at hardest difficulty and quick game online :lol..im pretty old school

koriwhat
11-24-2018, 10:50 AM
Lol was it that bad? Ive never played career mode everygame. I usually just play quick game with CPU at hardest difficulty and quick game online :lol..im pretty old school

indeed it is that bad... not sure about 2k19 though.

ECOV
11-24-2018, 01:25 PM

Yup that's the last time I have bought a copy of 2k
Just play 2k11 from now on lol

phxspurfan
11-24-2018, 07:05 PM
The thing that finally made me quit the game was the racially ambiguous gold digger girlfriend who could be black, Puerto Rican, Asian, who the fuck knows

:lol

DMC
11-24-2018, 07:28 PM

Yes, this.

Also in 2017, the Kobe cutscene that lasts 20 fucking minutes with Michael B Jordan (The only time Kobe and Michael Jordan will ever be mentioned in the same sentence) where Kobe gets blown endlessly. I almost threw up in my mouth.

"I approve of that steal... presidential pardon"

Same basic hood story. Dead father. Friends and old coach are leaches (:lol old coach won't let you move on, fucking clingers on), GF is an ambiguous gold digging whore. The coach seems to move to every team you sign with, still talks about squeezing the orange juice after Justice Young decided to fuck you over and go for his Jonathon Simmons level contract elsewhere...

The old career mode was so much better. Also, :lol still in the game after 14 turnovers.

Game play: Knock ball lose.. it never slows down while finding the out of bounds OR the opponent's teammate gets to it at the half court, from the front court, before your own teammate guarding the top of the key can get there. Long ass floating pass that gets intercepted every time even if your guy has 20' of space between himself and the defense on the break. Constant trailing big who can hit the 3 especially in the 4th when the opponent's 3pt shooting suddenly jumps to 70%, you teammate never moves out to cover the guy.

Arcadian
11-26-2018, 05:24 PM
Career mode is actually much improved in 2k19, but I don't give a shit...I just wish more people would use "Player control" online (used to be called "team-up").

Chucho
11-26-2018, 05:46 PM
Used to buy it every year since 2K5. Then around 10 they started changing the control scheme annually for no fucking reason. Some were really good like 2k11 and some really bad like 13 and 15. I stopped at 17 and after playing the 18 demo and being underwhelmed like moviegoes to a James Franco movie, I just stopped. It's got Maddenitis.

Texas_Ranger
11-26-2018, 06:44 PM
2k went to shit since 2k11.

lefty
11-26-2018, 07:00 PM
Haven’t played 2k since 11 , picked up 19 for cheap, we’ll see