sananspursfan21
11-24-2018, 08:30 PM
Get him Pop!

ducks
11-24-2018, 08:32 PM
Was the reporter Barry

Chinook
11-24-2018, 08:38 PM
For a guy who really tries to be as diplomatic as possible, it's quite a salvo, even if he's just speaking the truth. We aren't talking about just implying Leonard's lack of leadership by just answering the question about Ginobili. He said it straight out. Shouldn't be a huge deal, but I could see it becoming one.

spursparker9
11-24-2018, 08:40 PM
Tony was not a leader?

Thought he was given the leadership role (coaching during timeout etc) for a few years already?

WallyTiger
11-24-2018, 08:43 PM
Here comes the Closer.

sasaint
11-24-2018, 08:45 PM
For a guy who really tries to be as diplomatic as possible, it's quite a salvo, even if he's just speaking the truth. We aren't talking about just implying Leonard's lack of leadership by just answering the question about Ginobili. He said it straight out. Shouldn't be a huge deal, but I could see it becoming one.

Nah. This is non-news. Kawhi has zero interest in leadership.

ducks
11-24-2018, 08:48 PM

Good his uncle deserves it
Him answer those questions are much better then talking about politics

Chinook
11-24-2018, 08:52 PM
Nah. This is non-news. Kawhi has zero interest in leadership.

And Harden has zero interest in defense. Still got all types of butt-hurt from being on Shaq-tin' so much.

SpurPadre
11-24-2018, 08:53 PM
Tony was not a leader?

Thought he was given the leadership role (coaching during timeout etc) for a few years already?

Leaders don't fuck teammates' wives, tbh.

Dverde
11-24-2018, 08:58 PM

How else do you motivate?

spursparker9
11-24-2018, 08:58 PM
Now we can justified Patty's contract.

The money was included for leadership

ducks
11-24-2018, 09:02 PM

Prove he did !

Spurs are class and get rid of unclass
Spurs did not deal Parker
He was also in charge of some timeouts

RD2191
11-24-2018, 09:06 PM
He's leading the Raptors to the 1 seed in the NBA, I wouldn't mind that type of leader tbh.

Texas_Ranger
11-24-2018, 09:06 PM
how can you lead a team if you can't talk?

spurs10
11-24-2018, 09:08 PM
Well said Pop!

ElNono
11-24-2018, 09:09 PM
:lol Porker not a leader either.

Spurtacular
11-24-2018, 09:13 PM
how can you lead a team if you can't talk?

TBH, this is Pop taking pot shots. In 2017 before Kawhi got Pachulia'd it was obvious who the leader of this team was and who was gonna get us the ring. When Pop says shit like this it only validates Kawhi.

spurs10
11-24-2018, 09:19 PM
TBH, this is Pop taking pot shots. In 2017 before Kawhi got Pachulia'd it was obvious who the leader of this team was and who was gonna get us the ring. When Pop says shit like this it only validates Kawhi. I think Pop meant that being the best player and leadership are not mutually exclusive. If it was a shot at him...he's been pretty courteous until now.

Spurtacular
11-24-2018, 09:23 PM
I think Pop meant that being the best player and leadership are not mutually exclusive. If it was a shot at him...he's been pretty courteous until now.

It's an obvious shot, dude. Yea, Kawhi may not be a prototypical leader; but there is no doubt he had a leadership role on that team.

bic50
11-24-2018, 09:38 PM
Salty pop

bic50
11-24-2018, 09:42 PM
He's leading the Raptors to the 1 seed in the NBA, I wouldn't mind that type of leader tbh.

Dancelot
11-24-2018, 09:45 PM

I honestly think they were all swinging with each other. They were doing what rich, famous, good looking millionaires would do, probably a shit of blow along with it. Then I imagine Parker and Erin started banging on the side and that’s when the shit blew up :lol

duncan2k5
11-24-2018, 09:49 PM
Kawhi was a silent leader... Much like Timmy was in his first couple years

SpurPadre
11-24-2018, 09:50 PM
I honestly think they were all swinging with each other. They were doing what rich, famous, good looking millionaires would do, probably a shit of blow along with it. Then I imagine Parker and Erin started banging on the side and that’s when the shit blew up :lol

Or maybe it blew up when TP asked Eva if she wanted to do a threesome with Erin, tbh.

SpurPadre
11-24-2018, 09:52 PM

He can't even lead his entourage, how could he lead a whole team?! LOL

spurs10
11-24-2018, 09:53 PM
It's an obvious shot, dude. Yea, Kawhi may not be a prototypical leader; but there is no doubt he had a leadership role on that team. I really do wonder how Pop feels about Kawhi.

duncan2k5
11-24-2018, 09:57 PM
He can't even lead his entourage, how could he lead a whole team?! LOL

That's like saying Duncan couldn't lead his own wife, so he couldn't be a leader of a team

Dancelot
11-24-2018, 10:00 PM
Or maybe it blew up when TP asked Eva if she wanted to do a threesome with Erin, tbh.

Parker:
https://www.virtualdatingassistants.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/attract-more-women-online.gif

vy65
11-24-2018, 10:18 PM

ducks
11-24-2018, 10:20 PM
He is leading being a jerk selfish center idiot

TheGreatYacht
11-24-2018, 10:31 PM
PATFO trying their hardest to justify that horrendous Fatty contract :lmao

Kawhi living rent free in their heads while he's worry-free on the best team in the league

daslicer
11-24-2018, 10:32 PM
TBH, this is Pop taking pot shots. In 2017 before Kawhi got Pachulia'd it was obvious who the leader of this team was and who was gonna get us the ring. When Pop says shit like this it only validates Kawhi.

The best player is not always the leader of the teams. Case and point is the Warriors with Draymond being their leader. Also you could say in '99 Avery Johnson was the leader of the Spurs title team. Kawhi was never a leader. Great ball player but definitely not a leader. Even with his current team the Raptors he's not the leader. That role belongs to Kyle Lowry.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
11-24-2018, 10:38 PM
Parker is the reason Leonard wanted to be traded, that's why they are both gone.

Genovaswitness
11-24-2018, 10:40 PM
It's an obvious shot, dude. Yea, Kawhi may not be a prototypical leader; but there is no doubt he had a leadership role on that team.

being the basketball version of lenny from of mice and men, ya

weebo
11-24-2018, 10:40 PM

:lmao YOu can't be this stupid...

DMC
11-24-2018, 10:45 PM
Kawhi thus far has not exhibited strong leadership signs. In fact he's almost reluctant to adapt to that role, and that's why Tony keeps the reigns currently as the HoTS.

I'm having a hard time trying to find out if you're blind or just stupid.

Everyone on the Spurs talked about Kawhi's leadership last season, how he was embracing his new role, how he has been transitioning nicely into the leader..

You're gonna die after this but like it or not even his teammates said his leadership style is starting to resemble Tim's way.

:lmao

Hoops Czar
11-24-2018, 10:59 PM
You don't have to be a vocal leader to lead. Pop's tears are real.

SouthTexasRancher
11-24-2018, 11:08 PM
KaWhitter isn't a leader on the Raptors. They play better when he is sitting at home crying like a baby. Has KaWhitter even played in half of their games this season? All I ever see is KaWhitter DNP-Injured Penis, er, I mean little pinky.

The Raptors do have one hell of a team this season and could win the championship with or without KaWhitter.

JakeCuenca
11-24-2018, 11:10 PM
Man Dennis really fucked up pop and RC. You can tell they're pissed. :lol

Maybe if you treated kawhi like the superstar he is hed be back.

TheGreatYacht
11-24-2018, 11:14 PM
KaWhitter isn't a leader on the Raptors. They play better when he is sitting at home crying like a baby. Has KaWhitter even played in half of their games this season? All I ever see is KaWhitter DNP-Injured Penis, er, I mean little pinky.

The Raptors do have one hell of a team this season and could win the championship with or without KaWhitter.
That's enough internet for you, Drunkford.

JeffDuncan
11-24-2018, 11:17 PM
Parker is the reason Leonard wanted to be traded, that's why they are both gone.

I suspect that, too.

SouthTexasRancher
11-24-2018, 11:20 PM
That's enough internet for you, Drunkford.

Stuff it, dickhead. Enough from an imbecilic ignoramus like you, little row boat. :flipoff

ECOV
11-24-2018, 11:22 PM

Sounds like that's what you want lol

ECOV
11-24-2018, 11:23 PM
You don't have to be a vocal leader to lead. Pop's tears are real.

Being a leader requires communication

Rusty
11-24-2018, 11:28 PM
rent free :lol

DJR210
11-24-2018, 11:30 PM
being the basketball version of lenny from of mice and men, ya

Ujiri promised him that as long as he's a Raptor nobody will tell him he can't tend to the rabbits, even if that means he has to miss games to do it

DNP: Tending to Rabbits

Genovaswitness
11-24-2018, 11:38 PM
Ujiri promised him that as long as he's a Raptor nobody will tell him he can't tend to the rabbits, even if that means he has to miss games to do it

:lmao:lmao:lmao

SPURt
11-24-2018, 11:40 PM

Lol

Hoops Czar
11-24-2018, 11:41 PM
Being a leader requires communication
You don't need to be a circus loud mouth like Paddy Mills to lead a clown show like the one you see before your eyes.. Being a leader means leading by example. Duncan did it for his entire career. What did Kawhi not do on the court to help the Spurs win games?

JeffDuncan
11-24-2018, 11:46 PM
I also have to wonder if Pop orchestrated the locker room ambush, led by Parker, that alienated Kawhi from the team. I wouldn't put it past the addled old wino. Speaking of leadership.

therealtruth
11-25-2018, 12:14 AM
Yeah the same way he wasn't a leader when he lead them to that 20 point lead on the Warriors in WCF game 1 in 2017. Of course he wasn't a vocal leader but he lead by playing hard on both ends of the court.

Realdeal1
11-25-2018, 12:26 AM
Waiting for kawhi's sister to go off on Pop and Spurs fans on social media ��

HWoodNixon
11-25-2018, 12:41 AM
Woild rather have kawhis talent now and find some other dummy to lead the team

Play Boban
11-25-2018, 12:46 AM
Pop with the truth nukes. :wow

RGMCSE
11-25-2018, 12:55 AM
Trading a franchise player will be pops lasting legacy. You never trade away the franchise. Even if he sat again and left for nothing that’s on the player not on the coach.

TDMVPDPOY
11-25-2018, 12:58 AM
told u clowns erique was a fake ass leader leading this team no where, as a coat rider he didnt even do his job with the bailout of backup pgs in elimination games

Play Boban
11-25-2018, 01:05 AM
told u clowns erique was a fake ass leader leading this team no where, as a coat rider he didnt even do his job with the bailout of backup pgs in elimination games
Speedy Claxton was the real leader tbh......

Capt Bringdown
11-25-2018, 01:15 AM
Stay classy, Pop.

Russ
11-25-2018, 01:27 AM
The first requirement of a leader -- being around.

Spurtacular
11-25-2018, 01:47 AM
I really do wonder how Pop feels about Kawhi.

You see him taking pot shots. You don't see him glowing about him. I don't think there's any need to wonder. Kawhi quit on the team. Any possible respect Pop has for him would be quite subdued.

Spurtacular
11-25-2018, 01:48 AM
The best player is not always the leader of the teams. Case and point is the Warriors with Draymond being their leader. Also you could say in '99 Avery Johnson was the leader of the Spurs title team. Kawhi was never a leader. Great ball player but definitely not a leader. Even with his current team the Raptors he's not the leader. That role belongs to Kyle Lowry.

The dominant Spurs imploded when Kawhi left Gm 1 of the 2017 WCF. He was the team's leader.

venitian navigator
11-25-2018, 02:00 AM
The dominant Spurs imploded when Kawhi left Gm 1 of the 2017 WCF. He was the team's leader.

the simple fact he didn't come back from that minor injury shows you how much a leader he was...alas a fake leader. Your Leader comes back also if he has a brocken arm...he just had a little sore ancle and he didn't come back not just for that game but for the whole series...weak, weak man and personality. Nobady can be lead by such kind of dude...

alpha_HaZE
11-25-2018, 02:05 AM
At least we know, what we all suspected I guess, that the divorce was mutual. Also, what I find interesting is that the Spurs, even though they wanted Kawhi to be the next Tim Duncan, they never treated him like Tim Duncan.

Spurtacular
11-25-2018, 02:06 AM
the simple fact he didn't come back from that minor injury shows you how much a leader he was...alas a fake leader. Your Leader comes back also if he has a brocken arm...he just had a little sore ancle and he didn't come back not just for that game but for the whole series...weak, weak man and personality. Nobady can be lead by such kind of dude...

It was not a minor injury. He was already playing on a very sore ankle like a leader. Once he was taken out, it was inevitable he was gonna miss a few days. If you're sore about that, you should be mad at Silverstein for allowing that nonsense to occur and not punish it.

J_Paco
11-25-2018, 02:12 AM

No, you moron. He was the team's best player and only elite perimeter threat. And the team was far from dominant, too dependent on Leonard to create offense and play elite defense.

Now, he's on a team that better blends with him on defense, so he can "take plays off" and allows him to shot to his heart's content.

We'll see if that leads to success in April, May and June (I doubt it, TBH).

And he isn't a leader in any sense of the word. A leader doesn't lie to his teammates about coming back and then change his (last minute), a leader roots on his teammates behind the bench and most of all a leader doesn't sabotage an entire season just to satisfy their selfish needs.

He has led a lot of you gullible idiots to sniff his balls, wipes ass and defend him at every waking second, though. So, yeah, he's a "leader" in that sense.

alpha_HaZE
11-25-2018, 02:14 AM

Sure, he was the leader on the court, or as Pop said it their best player on the floor. But, it's off the floor that they wanted him to be someone that brings the team together and be their emotional leader, like Timmy was. But in reality it was Pop that was doing everything he could to keep Tim happy. He did not do that for Kawhi, or if he did, he failed miserably.

At the end of the day, I believe it was his health concerns and lack of leadership that made Kawhi too much of a risk for the franchize to invest the super max on him, that's what I feel happend.

Spurtacular
11-25-2018, 02:21 AM
Sure, he was the leader on the court, or as Pop said it their best player on the floor. But, it's off the floor that they wanted him to be someone that brings the team together and be their emotional leader, like Timmy was. But in reality it was Pop that was doing everything he could to keep Tim happy. He did not do that for Kawhi, or if he did, he failed miserably.

At the end of the day, I believe it was his health concerns and lack of leadership that made Kawhi too much of a risk for the franchize to invest the super max on him, that's what I feel happend.

I agree that Kawhi bailed on the team in 2018; and maybe for all that Pop is right that Kawhi wasn't a leader that year. But it seemed like he was ultimately trying to dis him and act like Kawhi wasn't an integral part of the team's success.

J_Paco
11-25-2018, 02:22 AM
Sure, he was the leader on the court, or as Pop said it their best player on the floor. But, it's the floor that they wanted him to be someone that brings the team together and be their emotional leader, like Timmy, but in reality it was Pop that did everything he could to keep Tim happy. He did not do that for Kawhi, or if he did, he failed miserably.

What?!

Now, Pop "catered" and "babied" Timmy to keep him happy? Are y'all serious with these stupid theories and takes?!

Or maybe Kawhi didn't like someone/something about the front-office, didn't inform anyone of significance about this issue, the issue festered and his uncle further "poisoned" the relationship.

The "misdiagnosis" was either the last straw or a smokescreen to protect Kawhi from real criticism for bailing on the team.

daslicer
11-25-2018, 02:23 AM

Thanks for illustrating that he was the best player on the team which again has nothing to do with being a leader. Like I said before the best player on a team is not always the leader which Draymond Green has proven the last few years. Spurs lost that game much like the Rockets failed to win after Chris Paul went out with a hamstring injury. You are not going to beat the Warriors without your best players. Your deflections are just pathetic.

south side spur
11-25-2018, 02:23 AM
It’s amazing how Kawhi can be viewed as a leader even compared to Duncan by some fanboys in this thread. This is the same guy who choked in 2013. Same guy who “held LeBron down” in 2014 but somehow LeBron should’ve won Finals MVP. Same guy who got emasculated in 2015 by the Clippers and then shrunk in 2016 to Durant and OKC. He got abused that series fanboys.

So he has ONE great season in 2017 and all of a sudden he’s MJ. ONE fucking season. You Kawhi apologists are embarrassing yourselves. As if MJ would let a swollen ankle hold him out of the CONFERENCE FINALS. Hilarious

That’s not a leader fanboys. You worship him...great. I’m actually rooting for Toronto this year. The Spurs need that late first rounder. So at least for this season Go Raptors.

Honestly, I have no ill will towards Kawhi. He helped the Spurs win a title. He shouldn’t be booed. I was more disheartened when he was traded. But I wish him well except against the Spurs.

But enough with trying to justify his leadership abilities jokers. They’re non existent. He’s not MJ or Duncan idiots. Leaders are there for their teammates through success and adversity. They don’t go into hiding. They don’t let a players only meeting become public. They don’t let the media run with narratives and then mumble through an interview where he lied. Liberals will never get it. Leaders are not victims of their circumstances.

Spurtacular
11-25-2018, 02:25 AM
Thanks for illustrating that he was the best player on the team which again has nothing to do with being a leader. Like I said before the best player on a team is not always the leader which Draymond Green has proven the last few years. Spurs lost that game much like the Rockets failed to win after Chris Paul went out with a hamstring injury. You are not going to beat the Warriors without your best players. Your deflections are just pathetic.

Kawhi was a leader. He was trained how to take leadership over the years 'til he could overcome the nerves and lead the team to a dominant performance. That wasn't happening with any other player on the Spurs. Your bitterness is what's pathetic.

J_Paco
11-25-2018, 02:25 AM
I agree that Kawhi bailed on the team in 2018; and maybe for all that Pop is right that Kawhi wasn't a leader that year. But it seemed like he was ultimately trying to dis him and act like Kawhi wasn't an integral part of the team's success.

I think there is a difference between "Kawhi wasn't a leader" and saying that Kawhi wasn't the franchise guy. Like how he repeatedly said that "Kawhi is the best player in the NBA" during the 2017 playoffs or does that happening not fit your narrative?

Pretty sure Pop understood Kawhi's talent and impact or he wouldn't have foolishly tried to rectify the relationship last Summer.

alpha_HaZE
11-25-2018, 02:28 AM
ONE fucking season.

MAKE THAT TWO Fucking seasons, stop it, seriously you are embarrassing yourself. Kawhi is playing really well right now.

daslicer
11-25-2018, 02:33 AM
Kawhi was a leader. He was trained how to take leadership over the years 'til he could overcome the nerves and lead the team to a dominant performance. That wasn't happening with any other player on the Spurs. Your bitterness is what's pathetic.

:lol I didn't know being bitter is telling the truth. Truth is he was the best player but he was never a leader. This is the same guy who never liked to talk to teammates or interact with them in anyways. Don't give me some bs about how Tim was the same because that wasn't the case. You could always see Tim talking to his teammates throughout the game or interacting with them on the bench. Kawhi never did any of that stuff.

Kobe'sAchilles
11-25-2018, 02:34 AM
Yeah I don't think this was any surprise. And at all the idiots who compare him to Duncan, just stop. Turn in your fan card and admit you never saw Duncan play. Tim was at EVERY single game he missed in street clothes. He was cheering like crazy on the sidelines and he would high five and rub players heads in celebration for the way they played (in street clothes). He was the first one in the building and the last one out. He allowed himself to be yelled at and treated like shit by Pop in front of others bc it was for the good of the team. He high fived every player before they headed to the locker room and made it a point to be the last one in the locker room. In fact, it was said that the Spurs expected Kawhi to be like Duncan but Kawhi wasn't anything like Duncan personality wise. So Duncan 2k5 take Tim Duncan out of your name. YWGI turn in your fan card and go complain about another team. Pop spoke the truth. He is a Spur and Kawhi isn't one. You want to be a player fan then go ahead but this is Spurstalk bitchs, support this Spurs team or GTFO :flag::flag::flag:

alpha_HaZE
11-25-2018, 02:34 AM
What?!

Now, Pop "catered" and "babied" Timmy to keep him happy? Are y'all serious with these stupid theories and takes?!

Or maybe Kawhi didn't like someone/something about the front-office, didn't inform anyone of significance about this issue, the issue festered and his uncle further "poisoned" the relationship.

The "misdiagnosis" was either the last straw or a smokescreen to protect Kawhi from real criticism for bailing on the team.

Yes, you cry baby, let me ask you this is there any particular reason to behave like this????

Anyways, just so you know, it was zelimir obradovic who said ( when Panathinaikos played the Spurs) something along the lines that Pop's secret is that he keeps Timmy Happy. Also, Dick Jefferson once said "Pop does all the dirty work for Timmy".

And if you have been around that long, like me, you would know that a lot has changed in the Spurs and Pop.

Spurtacular
11-25-2018, 02:35 AM
:lol I didn't know being bitter is telling the truth. Truth is he was the best player but he was never a leader. This is the same guy who never liked to talk to teammates or interact with them in anyways. Don't give me some bs about how Tim was the same because that wasn't the case. You could always see Tim talking to his teammates throughout the game or interacting with them on the bench. Kawhi never did any of that stuff.

Nobody said he was a perfect leader or even a general of sorts. But when it came to that team and beating GS in 2017, Kawhi knew he had to lead on the court.

J_Paco
11-25-2018, 02:36 AM
MAKE THAT TWO Fucking seasons, stop it, seriously you are embarrassing yourself. Kawhi is playing really well right now.

All of his advanced metrics are way down from two years ago. I say this with a grain of salt having not watch a full game, but it seems from looking at highlights he's lost some lift/explosiveness and is getting by on his high IQ and freakish physical tools.

I think the diagnosis was accurate by the Spurs in hindsight, but it would likely have cost him millions to accept such a (possibly grim) diagnosis.

Instead, throw the medical staff under the bus, alienate yourself from your teammates and sabotage an entire season to go somewhere else where they will cater to you, ignore your athletic to deterioration and baby you like your a 39 year old Tim Duncan.

John B
11-25-2018, 02:37 AM
No he didn’t :lol

daslicer
11-25-2018, 02:46 AM
Nobody said he was a perfect leader or even a general of sorts. But when it came to that team and beating GS in 2017, Kawhi knew he had to lead on the court.

In other words he was not a leader. It's ok to admit it. Like I said before the best player is not always a leader. You want to keep deflecting but I will keep bringing up how Draymond Green is the leader of the Warriors to illustrate the point. Kawhi never lead on the court. I never saw any forms of communication on the court. Hell I remember Pop having to yell at Parker during '17 season to pass Kawhi the ball. A real leader would not need their coach to yell at a teammate to get them the ball. I remember Duncan cursing out Parker for not passing him the ball during a timeout in game 5 against the Lakers back in '04.

Kawhi is not a leader. He's even admitted in an interview that Lowry is the leader of the Raptors. That's just not who he is.

J_Paco
11-25-2018, 02:46 AM
Yes, you cry baby, let me ask you this is there any particular reason to behave like this????

Anyways, just so you know, it was zelimir obradovic who said ( when Panathinaikos played the Spurs) something along the lines that Pop's secret is that he keeps Timmy Happy. Also, Dick Jefferson once said "Pop does all the dirty work for Timmy".

And if you have been around that long, like me, you would know that a lot has changed in the Spurs and Pop.

I've been a Spurs fan for a long time so I don't need to "be like you," buddy.

Wow, the HOF coach has a special relationship with his best player like Phil Jackson and Jordan/Kobe/Shaq, Pat Riley and Magic Johnson/Dwyane Wade or Red Auerbach and Bill Russell.

Pop having a special bond with Duncan isn't unusual in the NBA, nor does it mean that Pop was doing anything to "keep Timmy happy."

The narratives and bullshit y'all come up with, man. Now, the most low maintenance superstar ever was catered to his whole career and Kawhi wasn't given the same treatment.

Y'all will say or do anything to justify him BAILING ON THIS FANBASE, sabotaging an entire season and harming the reputation of the training/medical staff just so he can look good.

Is Kawhi really the black Charles Manson on the low?

daslicer
11-25-2018, 02:57 AM
I've been a Spurs fan for a long time so I don't need to "be like you," buddy.

Wow, the HOF coach has a special relationship with his best player like Phil Jackson and Jordan/Kobe/Shaq, Pat Riley and Magic Johnson/Dwyane Wade or Red Auerbach and Bill Russell.

Pop having a special bond with Duncan isn't unusual in the NBA, nor does it mean that Pop was doing anything to "keep Timmy happy."

The narratives and bullshit y'all come up with, man. Now, the most low maintenance superstar ever was catered to his whole career and Kawhi wasn't given the same treatment.

Y'all will say or do anything to justify him BAILING ON THIS FANBASE, sabotaging an entire season and harming the reputation of the training/medical staff just so he can look good.

Is Kawhi really the black Charles Manson on the low?

:lol I feel these guys would be up in arms if Uncle Dennis released a report saying the final straw came when Pop refused to allow Kawhi the right to urinate on his face. I could see them screaming "Fuck Pop he should have let Kawhi urinate all over him."

alpha_HaZE
11-25-2018, 03:02 AM
All of his advanced metrics are way down from two years ago. I say this with a grain of salt having not watch a full game, but it seems from looking at highlights he's lost some lift/explosiveness and is getting by on his high IQ and freakish physical tools.

I think the diagnosis was accurate by the Spurs in hindsight, but it would likely have cost him millions to accept such a (possibly grim) diagnosis.

Instead, throw the medical staff under the bus, alienate yourself from your teammates and sabotage an entire season to go somewhere else where they will cater to you, ignore your athletic to deterioration and baby you like your a 39 year old Tim Duncan.

He is the BEST player on the team with the BEST record, hmm

Gibbz
11-25-2018, 03:07 AM
He is the BEST player on the team with the BEST record, hmm

Sorry, but Kyle Lowry is driving that bus. Toronto has blown out their opponents when Kawhi sits.

venitian navigator
11-25-2018, 03:12 AM
It was not a minor injury. He was already playing on a very sore ankle like a leader. Once he was taken out, it was inevitable he was gonna miss a few days. If you're sore about that, you should be mad at Silverstein for allowing that nonsense to occur and not punish it.

I agree the Pachulia thing was something to punish heavily, and Silver didn't do it.
But at the same time I cannot agree on the supposed inevitability of the long time off the court.
You're in the WCF and its just a swollen anckle...I never liked (the original) Isaiah Thomas, but he played on one leg and was able to perform...that's leadership. A leader would have put during the game some stuff on the anckle with the help of the docs and then came back on the game at least for one minute. A leader would have told Pop to let him be back in the game just for letting his teammates and opponents know he was alive and kicking, at least for the games to come. That's what a leader should have done...and the kiwi didn't do any of that.

Spurtacular
11-25-2018, 03:52 AM
I agree the Pachulia thing was something to punish heavily, and Silver didn't do it.
But at the same time I cannot agree on the supposed inevitability of the long time off the court.
You're in the WCF and its just a swollen anckle...I never liked (the original) Isaiah Thomas, but he played on one leg and was able to perform...that's leadership. A leader would have put during the game some stuff on the anckle with the help of the docs and then came back on the game at least for one minute. A leader would have told Pop to let him be back in the game just for letting his teammates and opponents know he was alive and kicking, at least for the games to come. That's what a leader should have done...and the kiwi didn't do any of that.

Maybe. But with all that money out there, players are doing what they can do to extend their careers extra years. Playing hurt is a proven career shortener. Ask Bird and McHale.

therealtruth
11-25-2018, 04:07 AM
Pop should have bought him carrot cake like he did for TD.

NameLess Scrub
11-25-2018, 07:01 AM
[b] And Harden has zero interest in defense[\b]. Still got all types of butt-hurt from being on Shaq-tin' so much.

Except when guarding LaMarcus... Apparently...

NameLess Scrub
11-25-2018, 07:11 AM
I don't see this as big issue. Even now Kawhi doesn't look much like a leader, more like the super asset you use to win.

I'm watching Raptors games this season and he's still capable of dominating. He just doesn't seem like a leader and for what we know he doesn't even care. Also health is a concern and he does seem to have lost a step sometimes, but I guess we won't know what he's really got until later in the season.

Dejounte
11-25-2018, 08:46 AM
One of the key things about the drama this year was Pop and RC saying Kawhi's relationship with them was the same as it's always been. This goes to show Kawhi never tried from year 1. Dude might be a nice teammate but he ain't a leader. Some of you claim it's because Pop never treated him with respect like he did with Timmy, but that kind of respect is earned and I think that's one of the lessons he tried to show Kawhi. But he failed that test miserably. Kawhi is not selfless in any sense of the word. Our rookie, Lonnie, is already doing things for the SA community that Kawhi never did. I think it's possible Kawhi becomes this later in his career, possibly when he's at a place he's happy (LA) , but he could have been something legendary...both on and off the court. This was what a HOF coach was trying to unlock in him but he backed down like a coward. I think while his team is doing well, they're missing one key element that our Spurs are building at the moment.... True unity led by real leaders who get along in DeMar and LMA. Even Dejounte, as much as he denies it, trashes on Kawhi on social media. Last night he posted on Instagram that he would never trade championships for fame and money. Last year, he posted about how games are to be played and not forfeited. Kawhi could play like MJ all he wants, but he will never bring a team together with his personality.

ceperez
11-25-2018, 09:20 AM
Kawhi has a better chance of being a leader with the Raptors. This is because the Raptors are loaded with players that are much younger than he is.

He is however not a natural leader. Rather he's physically gifted and has his own internal focus.

Mills by contrast isn't physically gifted and has no real talent. But he's a leader. Tim Duncan was the rare case where you got talent and leadership.

DeRozan may have a chance to being a good leader, he's not there yet. What you want to see is that never give up mentality that you saw in Duncan.

acoelho1
11-25-2018, 09:47 AM
Pop's comment seemed very purposeful. Basically, let's not even pretend that Kawhi brought any leadership to the team. Also, those saying Duncan's leadership attributes were similar is complete nonsense. Duncan was an all time great leader and this mute can't even speak up when he doesn't like something.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
11-25-2018, 10:14 AM
Yeah I don't think this was any surprise. And at all the idiots who compare him to Duncan, just stop. Turn in your fan card and admit you never saw Duncan play. Tim was at EVERY single game he missed in street clothes. He was cheering like crazy on the sidelines and he would high five and rub players heads in celebration for the way they played (in street clothes). He was the first one in the building and the last one out. He allowed himself to be yelled at and treated like shit by Pop in front of others bc it was for the good of the team. He high fived every player before they headed to the locker room and made it a point to be the last one in the locker room. In fact, it was said that the Spurs expected Kawhi to be like Duncan but Kawhi wasn't anything like Duncan personality wise. So Duncan 2k5 take Tim Duncan out of your name. YWGI turn in your fan card and go complain about another team. Pop spoke the truth. He is a Spur and Kawhi isn't one. You want to be a player fan then go ahead but this is Spurstalk bitchs, support this Spurs team or GTFO :flag::flag::flag:

:wow

jbspurs
11-25-2018, 10:37 AM

2017 Western Conference finals against GSW, Kawhi wanted to play a few days after Pachulia injured his ankle. Pop decided to shot him down the rest of the series.. IMO, His willingness to play hurt is a leader. I think Pops comment is just a retaliation on one of Kawhi post game interview. He was asked about his new coach, He said "He likes his new coach because he listen to his players".

TheGreatYacht
11-25-2018, 10:39 AM
Old faggot is mad a ton of players escaped the Pop plantation :lol

Fluffing of Fatty Mills because he keeps him warm at night now. Disgusting. Stephen Jackson always said this clown had favorites, and it's more evident now then never. The fat aboriginal can shoot 1-12 and get torched for 40, but old crater face will still have him out there closing games No. Matter. What.

Any means to justify that horrendous contract, I guess. You faggots can enjoy Fatty's leadership right into a sub.500 season.

HWoodNixon
11-25-2018, 10:52 AM

So because Kawhi doesn’t act exactly like Tim, let’s go ahead and trade him? Pretty sure Kobe wasn’t the same kind of leader that Tim was but you didn’t see the Lakers trading him!

Spurs Homer
11-25-2018, 11:09 AM
Pop is 100% correct here - he is speaking truth here 100% regarding Kawhi.

Pop also spoke 100% truth about the piece of shit criminal who was placed there by Russia and is posing as president in the white house.

100% truth. I give Pop credit for that.

(still mad about taking Timmy out in 2013 - but that is another thread)

Spurs Homer
11-25-2018, 11:10 AM
So because Kawhi doesn’t act exactly like Tim, let’s go ahead and trade him? Pretty sure Kobe wasn’t the same kind of leader that Tim was but you didn’t see the Lakers trading him!

Spurs didn't WANT to trade him! Kawhi betrayed them and asked to go to the LAKERS FOR CHRISSAKES!

JeffDuncan
11-25-2018, 11:10 AM
"A hideous ecstasy of fear and vindictiveness, a desire to kill, to torture, to smash faces in with a sledge hammer, seemed to flow through the whole group of people like an electric current, turning one even against one's will into a grimacing, screaming lunatic."

The Spurs are at war with Kawhi. The Spurs have always been at war with Kawhi.

HWoodNixon
11-25-2018, 11:20 AM
Spurs didn't WANT to trade him! Kawhi betrayed them and asked to go to the LAKERS FOR CHRISSAKES!

The spurs could have swallowed their pride and signed him for the max! Give him the max, then sign or trade for another all star.

Spurs Homer
11-25-2018, 11:26 AM
The spurs could have swallowed their pride and signed him for the max! Give him the max, then sign or trade for another all star.

I do not know if they

offered the max?
refused to offer the max?
were going to offer the max before kawhi tried to hold them for ransom?

I do not know -and

Kawhi still does NOT look 100% to me. He is not playing a full schedule and he can put up numbers - but I do not see the same explosiveness.

Is he still a good or maybe even great player? Maybe.

Is he a MAX player still?

I do not think so anymore.

HWoodNixon
11-25-2018, 11:51 AM
I do not know if they

offered the max?

I do not know -and

Kawhi still does NOT look 100% to me. He is not playing a full schedule and he can put up numbers - but I do not see the same explosiveness.

Even if he isn’t a max player, the FO could have signed him for the max and find another talented player to compliment him and Aldridge. Luxury tax doesn’t matter—Holt can afford it! Not to mention, having more talent draws in more ticket sales and tv appearances. As they say, to make money you have to spend money.

ECOV
11-25-2018, 12:23 PM
You don't need to be a circus loud mouth like Paddy Mills to lead a clown show like the one you see before your eyes.. Being a leader means leading by example. Duncan did it for his entire career. What did Kawhi not do on the court to help the Spurs win games?
Duncan did it off and on the court leading by example takes action and having "GREAT" communication... Lol clown show its called having the backs of your teammates something a leader does. You can have leadership aspects in your life without taking the full wheel. Being a great leader and being a great player are two different things luckly Timmy set the bar high for what it takes.

Kurgan
11-25-2018, 12:35 PM
There's some truth to what he says but it does come off like damage control.

loveforthegame
11-25-2018, 12:37 PM
Well these comments will surely sway teams from offering Leonard the max next summer.

Clipper Nation
11-25-2018, 12:49 PM

Meanwhile, Manu was. Porker fluffers BTFO per par.

Fusternino
11-25-2018, 01:19 PM
It is odd that Kawhi's advanced stats are way down. Right now Lowry, Valanciunas, and Siakam all have a better WS/48 than him and his DRPM was rather pedestrian when it was released.

koriwhat
11-25-2018, 01:31 PM
Pop is 100% correct here - he is speaking truth here 100% regarding Kawhi.

Pop also spoke 100% truth about the piece of shit criminal who was placed there by Russia and is posing as president in the white house.

100% truth. I give Pop credit for that.

(still mad about taking Timmy out in 2013 - but that is another thread)

seek help for your TDS.

daslicer
11-25-2018, 01:44 PM

:lol Kobe having a no trade clause prevented them from ever attempting to do it. Fisher was the leader of the Lakers.

SAGirl
11-25-2018, 02:34 PM
Not really news but I prefer simple truths to all the covering up Pop did b4 the Kiwigate...

Kobe'sAchilles
11-25-2018, 02:50 PM
What exactly are you arguing here? This thread is about Kawhi and his lack of leadership skills. My comment was about the people saying that Kawhi is comparable to Tim as a leader. You want to talk about the Kawhi trade then there's a different thread for that.

south side spur
11-25-2018, 03:27 PM

So you’re counting half a season with the Raptors as evidence for him being a leader for the Spurs? And I’M embarrassing myself? Sure

TDMVPDPOY
11-25-2018, 03:40 PM
kawhi doesnt need to be leader, he needs to put ball into basket

why be vocal if you cant back it up?

bic50
11-25-2018, 03:48 PM
One of the key things about the drama this year was Pop and RC saying Kawhi's relationship with them was the same as it's always been. This goes to show Kawhi never tried from year 1. Dude might be a nice teammate but he ain't a leader. Some of you claim it's because Pop never treated him with respect like he did with Timmy, but that kind of respect is earned and I think that's one of the lessons he tried to show Kawhi. But he failed that test miserably. Kawhi is not selfless in any sense of the word. Our rookie, Lonnie, is already doing things for the SA community that Kawhi never did. I think it's possible Kawhi becomes this later in his career, possibly when he's at a place he's happy (LA) , but he could have been something legendary...both on and off the court. This was what a HOF coach was trying to unlock in him but he backed down like a coward. I think while his team is doing well, they're missing one key element that our Spurs are building at the moment.... True unity led by real leaders who get along in DeMar and LMA. Even Dejounte, as much as he denies it, trashes on Kawhi on social media. Last night he posted on Instagram that he would never trade championships for fame and money. Last year, he posted about how games are to be played and not forfeited. Kawhi could play like MJ all he wants, but he will never bring a team together with his personality.
Smh

bic50
11-25-2018, 03:51 PM
I do not know if they

offered the max?

I do not know -and

delusional

HWoodNixon
11-25-2018, 03:51 PM
What exactly are you arguing here? This thread is about Kawhi and his lack of leadership skills. My comment was about the people saying that Kawhi is comparable to Tim as a leader. You want to talk about the Kawhi trade then there's a different thread for that.

What this thread implies is that somehow Kawhi’s lack of vocal leadership skills outweighs what he brings to the table as the best two way player in the game. Pop felt the need to comment on Kawhi’s leadership ability, which to me implies that it was a big reason to not have him on the team.

bic50
11-25-2018, 04:03 PM
No, you moron. He was the team's best player and only elite perimeter threat. And the team was far from dominant, too dependent on Leonard to create offense and play elite defense.

Now, he's on a team that better blends with him on defense, so he can "take plays off" and allows him to shot to his heart's content.

And he isn't a leader in any sense of the word. A leader doesn't lie to his teammates about coming back and then change his (last minute), a leader roots on his teammates behind the bench and most of all a leader doesn't sabotage an entire season just to satisfy their selfish needs.

He has led a lot of you gullible idiots to sniff his balls, wipes ass and defend him at every waking second, though. So, yeah, he's a "leader" in that sense.
Delusional and salty

bic50
11-25-2018, 04:08 PM
It’s amazing how Kawhi can be viewed as a leader even compared to Duncan by some fanboys in this thread. This is the same guy who choked in 2013. Same guy who “held LeBron down” in 2014 but somehow LeBron should’ve won Finals MVP. Same guy who got emasculated in 2015 by the Clippers and then shrunk in 2016 to Durant and OKC. He got abused that series fanboys.

So he has ONE great season in 2017 and all of a sudden he’s MJ. ONE fucking season. You Kawhi apologists are embarrassing yourselves. As if MJ would let a swollen ankle hold him out of the CONFERENCE FINALS. Hilarious

That’s not a leader fanboys. You worship him...great. I’m actually rooting for Toronto this year. The Spurs need that late first rounder. So at least for this season Go Raptors.

Honestly, I have no ill will towards Kawhi. He helped the Spurs win a title. He shouldn’t be booed. I was more disheartened when he was traded. But I wish him well except against the Spurs.

But enough with trying to justify his leadership abilities jokers. They’re non existent. He’s not MJ or Duncan idiots. Leaders are there for their teammates through success and adversity. They don’t go into hiding. They don’t let a players only meeting become public. They don’t let the media run with narratives and then mumble through an interview where he lied. Liberals will never get it. Leaders are not victims of their circumstances.
Fanboys calling others fansboys. Todays Spurs fans

Kobe'sAchilles
11-25-2018, 04:09 PM
What this thread implies is that somehow Kawhi’s lack of vocal leadership skills outweighs what he brings to the table as the best two way player in the game. Pop felt the need to comment on Kawhi’s leadership ability, which to me implies that it was a big reason to not have him on the team.
To me, having to pay him $43 million a year outweighed what he brought to the team. Especially for a player who refuses to play hurt. Kobe always played. Even with a sideways pinky. Hell he sunk the two free throws after sustaining the injury in my avatar. Kobe and Kawhi are not comparable either.

bic50
11-25-2018, 04:12 PM
This is some weird fandom here

bic50
11-25-2018, 04:14 PM
To me, having to pay him $43 million a year outweighed what he brought to the team. Especially for a player who refuses to play hurt. Kobe always played. Even with a sideways pinky. Hell he sunk the two free throws after sustaining the injury in my avatar. Kobe and Kawhi are not comparable either.
What did he bring to the team?

bic50
11-25-2018, 04:17 PM
Sorry, but Kyle Lowry is driving that bus. Toronto has blown out their opponents when Kawhi sits.
Kawhi is their best player

bic50
11-25-2018, 04:20 PM
Waiting for kawhi's sister to go off on Pop and Spurs fans on social media 😂
Spurs aren't looking too hot right now. I don't think she needs too

Spurtacular
11-25-2018, 04:28 PM
Meanwhile, Manu was. Porker fluffers BTFO per par.

Funny thing is you could see Porker doing the pretend Kobe leadership style all season, putting his hands on a teammate's shoulder and giving him an unsolicited and unwanted talking to; very contrived for appearances.

SASdynasty!
11-25-2018, 05:13 PM
The only thing Parker was a leader in was points, assists, and wins.

duncan2k5
11-25-2018, 05:18 PM

He is taking the same number of shots he took with us...

MultiTroll
11-25-2018, 05:19 PM
Patty Mills team leader of the Spurs.

Timmy Duncan the player RIP.
And Kwa thanks for contributing heavily to 2014 Championship and giving it your best (leading to up 20) vs the Golden Phaggots.

Pop without MVPs and GOAT support players is not going to be pretty.

duncan2k5
11-25-2018, 05:23 PM

Yea... Shit teams like the bulls... What happened when they played teams with winning records when Kawhi sat? Spurs won't games without Timmy in... That means we were better without him?

duncan2k5
11-25-2018, 05:30 PM

So Kobe never missed games? Lmfao! Revisionist history at it's best

Kobe'sAchilles
11-25-2018, 05:32 PM
What did he bring to the team?
He brought defense and points and he was a dog when he was with us. He was a pit bull going after that ball. He made people scared to dribble against him and teams scared to give the ball to their best player. BUT I just don't like the idea of paying a player that much money and that much percentage of our cap unless he's a Top 10 player all time or he's a Top 3 player in the game today and also an iron man who plays in at least 75 games a year and sucks up and plays when hurt (injured is different than hurt). And Kawhi was never that to me. We won a lot of games in the regular season and then he choked in the playoffs. You can say it's growing pains, but we only made one conference finals with him and that isn't worth $43 million. Maybe he can lead a team to a championship but I just dont think that he can. I don't mind eating crow if he leads the Raptors to a chip, but if he plays for the Clippers he will never win with them and he will spend the rest of his career proving me right.

Kobe'sAchilles
11-25-2018, 05:37 PM
So Kobe never missed games? Lmfao! Revisionist history at it's best
Kobe has 5 seasons of 80+ games. 4 of them he played all 82 games. He has 4 more seasons of playing 77 or more games. Kawhi has ZERO seasons of playing 77 or more games. His career high is 74 and then a whole lot of 60's. Kobe played hurt, he got injured like everyone else but the man played hurt. There's nothing revisionist about it. It's just more evidence that you don't actually follow basketball.

NASpurs
11-25-2018, 05:44 PM
Fuck all that Kawhi noise. What's even more obvious now is that Patty's never getting traded. I'll quote this shit any time Patty's included in a wishful trade scenario. :lol

https://247sports.com/nba/san-antonio-spurs/Article/Gregg-Popovich-says-Patty-Mills-is-the-San-Antonio-Spurs-inspiration--125315456/

"He's like our inspiration, he's an ultimate warrior, gives everything he's got all the time," Popovich said of Mills on Saturday, via CBS Sports (https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/spurs-gregg-popovich-on-kawhi-leonard-he-was-a-great-player-but-he-wasnt-a-leader-or-anything/). "He feels responsible to everybody, he's always pumping everybody else up. He's just a wonderful teammate and a huge part of our program."

baseline bum
11-25-2018, 05:47 PM
Fuck all that Kawhi noise. What's even more obvious now is that Patty's never getting traded. I'll quote this shit any time Patty's included in a wishful trade scenario. :lol

https://247sports.com/nba/san-antonio-spurs/Article/Gregg-Popovich-says-Patty-Mills-is-the-San-Antonio-Spurs-inspiration--125315456/

"He's like our inspiration, he's an ultimate warrior, gives everything he's got all the time," Popovich said of Mills on Saturday, via CBS Sports (https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/spurs-gregg-popovich-on-kawhi-leonard-he-was-a-great-player-but-he-wasnt-a-leader-or-anything/). "He feels responsible to everybody, he's always pumping everybody else up. He's just a wonderful teammate and a huge part of our program."

Dementia is nothing to make fun of tbh

loveforthegame
11-25-2018, 05:57 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/JLew1050/status/1066806349139390464

https://mobile.twitter.com/JLew1050/status/1066807740088098816

lefty
11-25-2018, 06:39 PM
:lol Porker

slick'81
11-25-2018, 06:50 PM

Thha culture though!! You need champions like mill,gasol and belli

weebo
11-25-2018, 07:08 PM

If he is/was a leader, he's pretty shitty at it...

Spurtacular
11-25-2018, 07:24 PM
If he is/was a leader, he's pretty shitty at it...

Considering that the Spurs probably win a championship (post-Duncan) that year if Kawhi doesn't get injured, I'd say he was good enough at least for that season.

weebo
11-25-2018, 07:28 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/JLew1050/status/1066806349139390464

https://mobile.twitter.com/JLew1050/status/1066807740088098816

Sounds like when someone asks you a question and you're taken by surprise-- so you're not sure how to answer and you throw out a bunch of politically correct shit just so you won't come off sounding like a dick :lol

MultiTroll
11-25-2018, 08:04 PM
Considering that the Spurs probably win a championship (post-Duncan) that year if Kawhi doesn't get injured, I'd say he was good enough at least for that season.
This.
The hate coming out from Spurfan is just saltiness.
You don't have to respect his bailing, but to say he didn't kick ass when here is pathetic.

DMC
11-25-2018, 08:44 PM

"just talking about the rabbits... you know.. I mean... rabbits. just petting them" -Kawhi

YGWHI
11-25-2018, 09:01 PM
It’s amazing how Kawhi can be viewed as a leader even compared to Duncan by some fanboys in this thread

Pop's comment seemed very purposeful. Basically, let's not even pretend that Kawhi brought any leadership to the team. Also, those saying Duncan's leadership attributes were similar is complete nonsense. Duncan was an all time great leader and this mute can't even speak up when he doesn't like something.

It's funny because the guys saying it, comparing Kawhi's leadership to Tim's were POP and his teammates, not "fanboys".

"Leonard has emerged this season a team leader. Of all the many internal developments that are taking place within the Spurs ecosystem, this may be the most important.

"He’s not just doing it by example anymore," Spurs guard Danny Green told me. "He’s leading by action."

"Kawhi had such size and we thought he had the foot speed to move from an inside player to the three position. So we decided to roll the bones and found out that he’s got the same attitude that Tim Duncan had. He comes early, he stays late, he wants to be great. He’s just a sponge. Pop said"

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/11/27/13756360/kawhi-leonard-spurs-leader-gregg-popovich-sunday-shootaround

"He's not gonna be as vocal as Patty Mills (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/4004/patty-mills). That's not who he is," Popovich said. "He's not Avery Johnson. He does it differently. He's a little bit more like Timmy [Duncan]. He's gonna lead by example. He's gonna stay after practice, come early to practice, practice hard while he's here. That will probably be his major type of leadership, just like it was Timmy's. But after that, he's talking to people a whole lot more. And I do want him to communicate on the floor more and more, all the time."

http://www.espn.com/blog/san-antonio-spurs/post/_/id/1013/the-next-evolution-of-kawhi-leonards-game-leadership

loveforthegame
11-25-2018, 09:13 PM
Picked up his first career regular season technical. Clearly failing outside of the Spurs system.

JakeCuenca
11-25-2018, 09:24 PM
Kawhi had a serious response. A good one too.

Pop is clearly salty. He was saying otherwise about leonard before he left. You can bet Janaru and feb against raps is RC and Pops finals.

YGWHI
11-25-2018, 09:27 PM
Well these comments will surely sway teams from offering Leonard the max next summer.

:lol

Not sure if it's Spurs' negative record, Spurs' losing touch with media, the questions about how Pop lost a top player like Kawhi, or that nonsense about Spurs "mafia" and all, but most national media remember in all articles that Pop...didn't say the same thing two years ago about this player.

Just two seasons ago, Popovich praised (https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/11/27/13756360/kawhi-leonard-spurs-leader-gregg-popovich-sunday-shootaround) Leonard's quiet, do-as-I-do-leadership, and felt he was on the same path as Tim Duncan.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/spurs-gregg-popovich-on-kawhi-leonard-he-was-a-great-player-but-he-wasnt-a-leader-or-anything/

Hoops Czar
11-25-2018, 09:30 PM
Duncan did it off and on the court leading by example takes action and having "GREAT" communication... Lol clown show its called having the backs of your teammates something a leader does. You can have leadership aspects in your life without taking the full wheel. Being a great leader and being a great player are two different things luckly Timmy set the bar high for what it takes.

Like I said, Pops' tears are real..

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/11/27/13756360/kawhi-leonard-spurs-leader-gregg-popovich-sunday-shootaround

Also, Calling Aldridge a team leader for completely checking out in half his games, spending half his time complaining about not getting enough touches and ultimately demandinbg a trade. Is that what leaders do? Paddy Millls might be an emotional or spritual leader but asking him to play a little defense is a foreign concept. Half the time, he's completely out of position to even make a play defensively. How can one be a team leader when they can't even do what they're being asked of?

Amuseddaysleeper
11-25-2018, 09:31 PM
Shots fired from Kawhi:

Fusternino
11-25-2018, 09:33 PM
Glad he's gone, haha.

SuperCam
11-25-2018, 09:38 PM
Shots fired from Kawhi:

kiwi unchained :wow

fat bitter spurfan internet krew calling him autistic :lmao

JakeCuenca
11-25-2018, 09:41 PM
I wouldnt even play against the spurs. Knowing pops history with Bowen and Horry...It wouldnt surprise me if hes give dante the injure that guy directive.

Protect yourself kawhi and sit the spurs game

Iheartsquishies
11-25-2018, 09:45 PM
Leaders will at least come to at least one playoff game and cheer on the squad

YGWHI
11-25-2018, 09:52 PM
Kawhi has a better chance of being a leader with the Raptors. This is because the Raptors are loaded with players that are much younger than he is.

Guys like Siakam, OG, Wright..idolize him. They talk about him as their goal, OG already said he's trying to model his game after Kawhi

In his first 3 seasons, Kawhi watched many videos of MJ and Kobe, now OG is watching videos of Kawhi, trying to get his moves...And Kawhi is helping him in practices.
This is just amazing.

Believe it or not, there plenty of teams that have young stars who loves Kawhi and would love to play with him. Look at Mo Bamba.

bklynspursfan
11-25-2018, 09:59 PM
Shots fired from Kawhi:

"I guess when you stop playing" lol

daslicer
11-25-2018, 10:01 PM
Shots fired from Kawhi:

Damn't you are still alive. I thought you took my advice and finally committed suicide.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-25-2018, 10:02 PM
Damn't you are still alive. I thought you took my advice and finally committed suicide.

You need a new schtick or just take your own advice

LkrFan
11-25-2018, 10:03 PM

Amuseddaysleeper
11-25-2018, 10:03 PM

TD 21
11-25-2018, 10:04 PM
:lmao I don't know what's funnier, scumbag essentially admitting to quitting by saying "when you stop playing", or the usual raging inferiority complex of the Raptors broadcasters and media.

It's one thing for fans, but they should be professional enough to be above that. Every time someone says anything that even vaguely comes off as a shot at anything have to do with them, they throw a fit.

Just because those wannabes put themselves in a position where they have to kiss this scumbag's ass in the off chance he stays, they shouldn't expect others to.

Pop is clearly salty. He was saying otherwise about leonard before he left. You can bet Janaru and feb against raps is RC and Pops finals.

Yeah and that response was to destroy the Raptors flow, play hero ball and briefly invite the Heat back into the game.

Nah, it's only wannabees like the Raptors that celebrate regular season games as if it's the championship.

JeffDuncan
11-25-2018, 10:07 PM
Pop's leadership comment was:

A) denial, and

B) an attempt to justify the crazy contract given to Mills.

daslicer
11-25-2018, 10:07 PM
You need a new schtick or just take your own advice

:lol Can't imagine someone like you who was depressed when the Spurs won in '14 being a happy person. I'm just looking out for you. You would be a lot happier if you committed suicide. It's the best option for you.

JakeCuenca
11-25-2018, 10:09 PM
:lmao I don't know what's funnier, scumbag essentially admitting to quitting by saying "when you stop playing", or the usual raging inferiority complex of the Raptors broadcasters and media.

It's one thing for fans, but they should be professional enough to be above that. Every time someone says anything that even vaguely comes off as a shot at anything have to do with them, they get defensive.

Just because those wannabes put themselves in a position where they have to kiss this scumbag's ass in the off chance he stays, they shouldn't expect others to.

Yeah and that response was to destroy the Raptors flow, play hero ball and briefly invite the Heat back into the game. He's more hideous than ever to watch and at this writing, a shell of his former self.

Nah, it's only wannabees like the Raptors that celebrate regular season games as if it's the championship.

What are yo on about? He created the huge lead in the third. The heats main run was him in the bench.

Salty spursfans.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-25-2018, 10:09 PM
:lol Can't imagine someone like you who was depressed when the Spurs won in '14 being a happy person. I'm just looking out for you. You would be a lot happier if you committed suicide. It's the best option for you.

Was bummed earlier in the season when they looked like shit against elite teams, was ecstatic when they rang in ‘14

I know you were ecstatic as well

TD 21
11-25-2018, 10:17 PM
What are yo on about? He created the huge lead in the third. The heats main run was him in the bench.

Salty spursfans.

The Heat's run was because Wade was having a turn back the clock game and the Raptors bench hasn't been nearly as good as last season so far. Their starters have been dominant though, so when they came back and Wade inevitably ran out of gas, it was a wrap. It had little to do with Leonard, just like their entire season hasn't.

Wrong. National NBA media guys -not just Raptors' guys- are exposing Pop saying in their articles that he "changed" his view since two years ago he told media a whole different story about Kawhi.

Don't lie. The Heat outplayed the Raptors' 2nd unit when Kawhi was on the bench.

:lmao I don't know what's more pathetic, Harlem wasting half his life trolling the same idiots who repeatedly fall for his shit or the fan boys such as yourself, who are actually serious.

YGWHI
11-25-2018, 10:17 PM
Wrong. National NBA media guys -not just Raptors' guys- are exposing Pop saying in their articles that he "changed" his view since two years ago he told media a whole different story about Kawhi.

Yeah and that response was to destroy the Raptors flow, play hero ball and briefly invite the Heat back into the game
Don't lie. The Heat outplayed the Raptors' 2nd unit when Kawhi was on the bench.

YGWHI
11-25-2018, 10:23 PM
It had little to do with Leonard, just like their entire season hasn't.

They won against Philly Boston Sacramento because just Kawhi.

Granted, he missed the last shot in the 2nd game vs Boston. But he was the reason why they were competitive in that game since Lowry and the rest of the team was abysmal.

Realdeal1
11-25-2018, 10:24 PM
I wouldn't call kawhi's response as " shots fired" he pretty much just shrugged pop's comments off.

TD 21
11-25-2018, 10:30 PM

They won against Philly Boston Sacramento because just Kawhi.

Granted, he missed the last shot in the 2nd game vs Boston. But he was the reason why they were competitive in that game since Lowry and the rest of the team was abysmal.

You're delusional.

Relative to his '15-'17 standards, he's been bad. They're winning because they have a near ideal modern team, a perfect storm born of that scumbag and his sleazebag uncle tanking his value so bad and Pop and Buford being so senile, that a trade that had no business coming to pass, did.

Spurs_619
11-25-2018, 10:34 PM
You're delusional.

Relative to his '15-'17 standards, he's been bad. They're winning because they have a near ideal modern team, a perfect storm born of that scumbag and his sleazebag uncle tanking his value so bad and Pop and Buford being so senile, that a trade that had no business coming to pass, did.

I hate to break it to you man but hes right I watched those games..

Kawhi has had a couple bad games but hes been the best scorer and defender on that team by far the last ten games lowry has shit the bed offensively multiple times especially against boston.

YGWHI
11-25-2018, 10:34 PM
what's more pathetic, Harlem wasting half his life trolling the same idiots who repeatedly fall for his shit or the fan boys such as yourself, who are actually serious.

Not really "serious". I'm just enjoying how some narratives has changed.

On other hand, it's not that hard to know what's more pathetic.

-Always you.

-Then Pop trying to throw shade at a top player who gets success with other franchise while the Spurs are #12 in the West.

Fusternino
11-25-2018, 10:35 PM
There is no debate that Kawhi's advanced stats are way down. But again, can't that be because his bench replacement (OG) is that good? We never had a great back-up SF until signing Rudy.

DJR210
11-25-2018, 10:36 PM

"just talking about the rabbits... you know.. I mean... rabbits. just petting them" -Kawhi

I need to shop that big goof in some overalls and that gay ass NYC taxicab driver hat

JakeCuenca
11-25-2018, 10:39 PM
You're delusional.

Lowry has came.down to earth like 6 games ago.

Kawhi is very clearly 4 tiers above everyone else i that team.

TD 21
11-25-2018, 10:42 PM
I hate to break it to you man but hes right I watched those games..

Kawhi has had a couple bad games but hes been the best scorer and defender on that team by far the last ten games lowry has shit the bed offensively multiple times especially against boston.

I hate to break it to you man, but I watched those games too and he's wrong.

Relative to expectations, Lowry, Siakam, Green, Valanciunas and Ibaka, have all been better than him.

Not really "serious". I'm just enjoying how some narratives has changed.

On other hand, it's not that hard to know what's more pathetic.

-Always you.

-Then Pop trying to throw shade at a top player who gets success with other franchise while the Spurs are #12 in the West.

What narrative is that? Seems to me Pop answered a question honestly about the scumbag you worship and as usual you couldn't take it.

Spurs are 12th in the West because they've gone senile since '15, scumbag and sleazebag uncle tanked his value and Murray tore his ACL. Raptors are winning because they've done some good things and had a good run of luck (it's always a combination) since then. They're obviously far better suited for the playoffs now, but let's not pretend they weren't one of the most successful regular season teams of the past half decade.

SAGirl
11-25-2018, 10:42 PM

OMG. This is Paddy’s team after all. Theres no doubt that he’s a great teammate, one can tell and guys like that are important for team morale and cohesion. Some say Bonner stayed around way past his real usefulness due to his character and team spirit. It’s fair to say so long as Pop is coach Patty is going to be in the team.

JakeCuenca
11-25-2018, 10:43 PM
There is no debate that Kawhi's advanced stats are way down. But again, can't that be because his bench replacement (OG) is that good? We never had a great back-up SF until signing Rudy.

Hes also sat down the games against the worst teams.

south side spur
11-25-2018, 10:43 PM
Fanboys calling others fansboys. Todays Spurs fans

I support the Spurs. 30 years. Before the championships. I’m not choosing a player’s stance over the welfare of the team. Today’s Spursfan? Try again. Just because you support Kawhi over the Spurs that’s your problem not mine. Nothing TODAY about this Spurs fan. I’m not crying for the team to tank or actively rooting against or denigrating the organization. I simply support the Spurs. Nice try though

Hoops Czar
11-25-2018, 10:45 PM
Yeah and that response was to destroy the Raptors flow, play hero ball and briefly invite the Heat back into the game.

I don't know if this comment was meant to be facetious but singling out Kawhi in one game is pretty low by anyone's standards. His numbers pretty much speak for themselves. He singlehandedly kept the Spurs relevant. Had Pop cared enough to build a roster around Kawhi, they would have rang already but it was more important to flush out Europe and the G-league of scrap pieces and egregiously overpay old, unathletic types to not go away.

SAGirl
11-25-2018, 10:48 PM
There’s definitely saltiness in both sides.

gospursgojas
11-25-2018, 10:54 PM

“When you quit on your team”

Spurs_619
11-25-2018, 10:55 PM

Relative to expectations, Lowry, Siakam, Green, Valanciunas and Ibaka, have all been better than him.

What narrative is that? Seems to me Pop answered a question honestly about the scumbag you worship and as usual you couldn't take it.

Spurs are 12th in the West because they've gone senile since '15, scumbag and sleazebag uncle tanked his value and Murray tore his ACL. Raptors are winning because they've done some good things and had a good run of luck (it's always a combination) since then. They're obviously far better suited for the playoffs now, but let's not pretend they weren't one of the most successful regular season teams of the past half decade.

LOL ok I could see an argument for lowry but you are just straight delusional if you think that fucking val/green/siakam/serge are having better seasons than kawhi man. Val cant even stay on the floor against some teams because of his defense. I think your just so salty you can't see clearly.

TD 21
11-25-2018, 10:59 PM
I don't know if this comment was meant to be facetious but singling out Kawhi in one game is pretty low by anyone's standards. His numbers pretty much speak for themselves. He singlehandedly kept the Spurs relevant. Had Pop cared enough to build a roster around Kawhi, they would have rang already but it was more important to flush out Europe and the G-league of scrap pieces and egregiously overpay old, unathletic types to not go away.

It wasn't and he didn't. He carried the offense for 1 season ('16-'17). Big deal. There's plenty of superstars and stars who did that for 5-10 years.

As poor a job as they did, they only got essentially got 2 superstar seasons before he lost his mind and once Durant signed with the Warriors, it was going to be a wrap no matter what they or anyone else did.

If he was man enough to voice why he wanted out and handled it like a professional, I'd have a modicum of respect for him. Instead he broke the cardinal rule of team sports: quitting on your teammates.

LOL ok I could see an argument for lowry but you are just straight delusional if you think that fucking val/green/siakam/serge are having better seasons than kawhi man. Val cant even stay on the floor against some teams because of his defense. I think your just so salty you can't see clearly.

I think you lack basic reading comprehension, fan boy. I specifically said, relative to expectations. Look it up.

YGWHI
11-25-2018, 11:00 PM

Again...don't lie. If you really watched those games I mentioned, you already know they needed Kawhi to take over in the 2nd half to win.

Lowry, Valanciunas, Danny...were horrible against good/elite teams this season.

That's why Raptors' media guys are wondering who will be their 2nd scorer in playoffs since this "by committee" isn't working against top teams.

For a reason, they don't trust in Lowry/Ibaka as 2nd option vs GSW, Bucks, Philly.

BillMc
11-25-2018, 11:01 PM

:rollin

TD 21
11-25-2018, 11:03 PM
Again...don't lie. If you really watched those games I mentioned, you already know they needed Kawhi to take over in the 2nd half to win.

Lowry, Valanciunas, Danny...were horrible against good/elite teams this season.

That's why Raptors' media guys are wondering who will be their 2nd scorer in playoffs since this "by committee" isn't working against top teams.

For a reason, they don't trust in Lowry/Ibaka as 2nd option vs GSW, Bucks, Philly.

1064545575281090560[/FONT][/COLOR]

:cry Please don't criticize Kawhi. He's the greatest person in the history of western civilization.:cry

BillMc
11-25-2018, 11:03 PM
I'm rather interested in WHY Pop said what he said, even if true. Uncharacteristic of him.

gospursgojas
11-25-2018, 11:06 PM
I'm rather interested in WHY Pop said what he said, even if true. Uncharacteristic of him.

See first post of this thread. He was asked about Patty’s leadership with the leadership of Manu, and Kawhi now gone.

daslicer
11-25-2018, 11:06 PM
:cry Please don't criticize Kawhi. He's the greatest person in the history of western civilization.:cry

:lol YG's fantasy is to get fucked up the ass Dwight Howard style by Kawhi.

BillMc
11-25-2018, 11:08 PM
See first post of this thread. He was asked about Patty’s leadership compared to Tony, Manu, and Kawhi.

I saw the interview. I don't mean literally why he gave an answer, but, why he decided to go there rather than be diplomatic or evasive about it.

Dhbsr555
11-25-2018, 11:13 PM
Ok first off he wasn’t a leader.. he abandoned his team . He was the star player hurt or not , He has to be there atleast for the home games but was nowhere to be found. I get it he doesn’t talk he also doesn’t show up for practices film sessions team meetings or playoff games. He’s a trash teammate .

Realdeal1
11-25-2018, 11:15 PM
Kahwi quit on his team last year and kahwi fan boys still calling him a leader lol

BillMc
11-25-2018, 11:15 PM
Ok first off he wasn’t a leader.. he abandoned his team . He was the star player hurt or not , He has to be there atleast for the home games but was nowhere to be found. I get it he doesn’t talk he also doesn’t show up for practices film sessions team meetings or playoff games. He’s a trash teammate .

Agreed. I think the not showing up to support his team for the playoffs pretty much ended any leadership case. And, yes, you can rehab in NY in the morning and easily make a night game in SA. So, the rehabbing in NY excuse is just that. An excuse.

gospursgojas
11-25-2018, 11:17 PM
He still doesn’t sit on bench during his “rest” games. Shit teammate regardless of team tbh

druggas
11-25-2018, 11:18 PM
Should have kept Kawhi and traded Popovich's wrinkly ass!

Hoops Czar
11-25-2018, 11:20 PM

https://i.ibb.co/QnZX9M7/Popovich-2.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

JeffDuncan
11-25-2018, 11:23 PM

Probably a combination of

A) denial on the subject of Kawhi, and

B) a need to justify Mills' crazy contract.

YGWHI
11-25-2018, 11:26 PM
What narrative is that?
Media would have killed Kawhi or any other player after these Pop's comments in previous years. Today? They're questioning Pop's decisions more than Kawhi's leadership.

Seems to me Pop answered a question honestly about the scumbag
Suuure :lol

and as usual you couldn't take it.
Nah...People say Kawhi was ungrateful for leaving/not playing/whatever. What's about a coach who talks shit in public about a player that helped this team to stay relevant?
Like I've said before, both sides could have handled this better. Now, it's a total mess.

Pop taking shots at a former player, the 'mute' player responds...It's like a parallel world.

Spurs are 12th in the West because they've gone senile since '15
Agree. PATFO could have made other decisions.

YGWHI
11-25-2018, 11:35 PM

So this is your best when someone tells you how bad some of his teammates play against elite competition...

I already criticized Kawhi.
I've said he was unprofessional and let greedy people to take control on a bad situation, that he's not at his MVP level yet...But I don't like when people lie because:

-Toronto already needed him vs good teams.

-They weren't fanboys who compared his leadership to Tim's. Pop started it, not the fans.

gambit1990
11-25-2018, 11:38 PM

hater
11-25-2018, 11:41 PM

Mute Cancer

Thats right :tu

YGWHI
11-25-2018, 11:43 PM
No.

But since I'm single again, I'd love to find a girl that looks at me the way that OG watches Kawhi play... :lol

Hoops Czar
11-25-2018, 11:43 PM

Aldridge is a team leader because he demanded a trade, complained about his touches and destroyed team chemistry. :lol Pop has lost all his credibility and what little dignity he had left.

gambit1990
11-25-2018, 11:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdk2gYeNvPc

RIP

too bad kawhi stepped on lee's foot originally. i can't recall any player turning an ankle on a teammate's foot who was on the bench.

gambit1990
11-25-2018, 11:48 PM
lee's feet weren't even out much and in the video he even moves them back before kawhi steps on one.

bklynspursfan
11-25-2018, 11:53 PM

That's what he should have said

Kobe'sAchilles
11-25-2018, 11:53 PM
The only thing I don't like about this whole situation is Pop's view on Mills. I assumed he would be gone by next year bc there is no room for him here in the rotation with Murray, Lonnie, Derrick, Demar, Forbes, and Marco. But man it's sounding like I'm wrong about that. Unless it's CIA Pop trying to talk up Mills and get his worth up a bit before he trades him :wow (just a joke)

Fusternino
11-25-2018, 11:54 PM
Right now I'm looking at FB comments on the Bleacher Report article for this and it's almost unanimously in Pop's favor.

TheGreatYacht
11-26-2018, 12:10 AM

:lol tbh

Payote75
11-26-2018, 12:18 AM
The best numbers don't just automatically make you a leader. Sometimes you need to gut it out, show up for your teammates and yes be vocal. At the very least if you cannot push through or legitamitely play you sit on the bench you cheer your mates on, you talk, you advise, you do something god damn it. Not sulk and plan your exit and hurt your team.
Kawitter is a great player who can play with anyone but he is a selfish sensitive self serving prick who bailed on his team long before he was traded that's what stings. Please nobody compare him to Timmy ever not even in the same solar system and Timmy did speak when needed he did show emotion when he had to and God knows he played through injury plenty.

Let me add this too in my heart of hearts deep in my basketball soul I also think kawitter is not half the player he has turned into without pop and the Spurs orginization.

Rusty
11-26-2018, 12:21 AM

:lol:lol

Inb4 Kawhi trolls RC and Pop by sitting out both games

gambit1990
11-26-2018, 12:40 AM
is either game against the spurs the second of a B2B?

kawhi doesn't sit out if one of them is.

TimmyBuckets
11-26-2018, 12:44 AM

timvp
11-26-2018, 12:49 AM
Random thoughts:

-I'm surprised Pop went there. That was a classic opportunity for Pop to dodge the question. But the question was so ridiculous that I guess Pop felt he had to be honest.

-Obviously, Nephew is not a leader in any real sense of the world. He has 10/10 work ethic, 9.99/10 basketball talent at his best, 1/10 leadership, 0/10 teammate. The guy literally doesn't sit on the bench to support his teammates when he's not playing. He's a hardworking guy who wants to be great and he's not a locker room cancer or anything . . . but he does the bare minimum when dealing with teammates.

-Any comparisons to Duncan turned out to be unfounded. Duncan was quiet too but he was probably the best teammate in the history of the NBA. He always cheered on his teammates (even when he wasn't playing), didn't care about the limelight, was always willing to workout with teammates (during the season and in the offseason), didn't care if he had David Robinson or Anthony Goldwire on his side -- he never pouted and was always encouraging. Unfortunately, a lot of people saw the similarities between Nephew and Duncan (quiet, hard worker) and assumed other characteristics were the same too. That . . . turned out not to be the case.

-Nephew's response to Pop's quote was fine. "Stop playing" was worded wrong (I hope, unless he wants to admit to something more). When Nephew was a Spur, everyone always said he led by example. It is a bit unfair to say different now . . . even if it's the truth. That's why Pop probably would have been best served by dodging the question.

-Having watched Nephew quite a bit this year, I'd say he's about 80% of his 2017 offensive self and about 40% of his DPOY defensive self. Still damn good obviously but it'll be interesting to see if he can ever return to his former level of play. Maybe he'll reach peak level once he's completely healthy. We'll see.

-The Raptors would win 55+ games without Nephew. Siakam and Anunoby filling in for Nephew's minutes are enough to overwhelm all but the most elite of teams.

-That protected pick the Raptors owe the Spurs is almost 100 percent guaranteed to convey. They'd have to lose Nephew and Lowry for the season for the protection to be in jeopardy (basically, it'll convey to the Spurs as long as the Raptors win at least 48-50 games).

DPG21920
11-26-2018, 12:53 AM

Pop saying 2 years ago that Kawhi was on the path is not changing things based on what he said and what has transpired. Kawhi was on the path and got lost. He never made it.

He was the opposite of a leader. He bailed on his team, faked an injury and lied to everyone around him including his teammates.

Worst of all, he left them holding the bill and answering to the media because he was not a leader willing to step up and speak for his own actions.

Its not a contradiction; Pop believed Kawhi was on the right path and Kawhi never got there.

Fusternino
11-26-2018, 01:09 AM
On the SportsCenter FB comment thread for this again almost everyone is in favor of Pop calling out Kawhi for being a quitter.

Hoops Czar
11-26-2018, 01:14 AM
Pop saying 2 years ago that Kawhi was on the path is not changing things based on what he said and what has transpired. Kawhi was on the path and got lost. He never made it.

He was the opposite of a leader. He bailed on his team, faked an injury and lied to everyone around him including his teammates.

Worst of all, he left them holding the bill and answering to the media because he was not a leader willing to step up and speak for his own actions.

Its not a contradiction; Pop believed Kawhi was on the right path and Kawhi never got there.

But it is a contradiction....

He’s not just doing it by example anymore," Spurs guard Danny Green told me. "He’s leading by action."

"He’s never going to be a towel waver," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "He speaks to me about things that he sees now. He comes into timeouts, if he’s not happy with what’s going on on the court. That’s all good.
"I’d rather have him do that than beat his chest and wiggle his shoulders and stare at the camera and all that other crap," Pop continued. "That doesn’t seem to make much sense. I’d rather have it the other way and work on him to be a leader in the timeouts, in the locker room, on the plane. That kind of stuff."

weeks
11-26-2018, 01:14 AM
I thought we settled on YG being Jabari Parker?
Anyway I don't care if people here still hate or love kawhi, there's enough reasons for anyone to do either.. he's looking pretty good but I don't know how serious his health concerns are

Russ
11-26-2018, 01:16 AM
. . . but he does the bare minimum when dealing with teammates.

To be a leader, it helps to be around.

Hoops Czar
11-26-2018, 01:16 AM
To be a leader, it helps to be around.
Where was Pau Gasol on the road trip?

YGWHI
11-26-2018, 01:18 AM

He literally said he's got Tim Duncan things about leadership. He was leading by example, first in practices...But suddenly Pop "changed" his view.

This sounds like Kawhi was a positive leader when he was on the Spurs but since he's on other team he never was a leader? Saltiness everywhere...

For the record, he didn't fake an injury. The injury was real.

You can question the severity of the injury, the time it took to heal, Spurs' diagnosis, Kawhi's doctors diagnosis, whatever. But the injury was real.

Lift, explosiveness aren't part of his game this season for a reason.

DPG21920
11-26-2018, 01:29 AM
He didn’t change his view because Kawhi left; that is what changed Pop’s view. I don’t see how you can’t see this. Kawhi proved, after Pop said those things originally, that he was not the leader anyone thought he COULD be.

DPG21920
11-26-2018, 01:29 AM
But it is a contradiction....

That’s not a contradiction.

LkrFan
11-26-2018, 01:31 AM
There’s definitely saltiness in both sides.

Yep yep:

YGWHI
11-26-2018, 01:33 AM
He didn’t change his view because Kawhi left; that is what changed Pop’s view. I don’t see how you can’t see this. Kawhi proved, after Pop said those things originally, that he was not the leader anyone thought he COULD be.

This is not like he was a leader and then he stopped being...

Pop said yesterday that Kawhi was NEVER a leader on the Spurs.

But two years ago he was one, in Pop's words.

DPG21920
11-26-2018, 01:35 AM
This is not like he was a leader and then he stopped being...

Pop said yesterday that Kawhi was NEVER a leader on the Spurs.

But two years ago he was one, in Pop's words.

Disagree. Pop said two things IIRC: That his leadership style at that point was by example; working hard and not pounding his chest and that he “could” morph into a true leader basically. That he was on that path.

He never got there and Pop still said he’s a great player which remains unchanged from what he said before.

YGWHI
11-26-2018, 01:45 AM
That his leadership style at that point was by example; working hard...
2016/2017. Pop said Kawhi had a leadership style, leading by example.

2018. Pop denied ANY leadership from him.

DPG21920
11-26-2018, 01:54 AM
Kawhi changed and showed his true lack of leadership. It became evident whereas back then it was not. I don’t see how people cant see this. Its not a contradiction; its seeing what happened and then going “I was wrong”.

It would be like calling someone who divorced their spouse that cheated on them a hypocrite because just a few years ago they were telling everyone what a loving and amazing spouse that person was. But that spouse cheated, showed their true colors and now you have a different opinion. That does not make you a hypocrite and Pop has still said that Kawhi is a great player and never said he didn’t work hard.

Hoops Czar
11-26-2018, 01:56 AM

That’s not a contradiction.

But it is a contradiction.

He also said Aldridge was a leader yet he demanded a trade, complained about his touches and completely checked out on many nights. Does that sound like something a leader would do? He called Paddy Mills a leader. Paddy's loud and boisterous on the bench and in the lockeroom, but he doesn't do anything on a basketball court that represents leadership unless it's showing teammates the wrong way to do things. "Don't pull a Paddy."

DPG21920
11-26-2018, 01:57 AM
I would 100% argue that the way LMA went about his business, even in demanding a trade, showed his leadership ability over Kawhi and it’s not even like I would consider LMA some amazing leader either.

YGWHI
11-26-2018, 02:09 AM
Pop sounds very, very hypocritical.

You have a hottie and always tell friends that your girl "is the most beautiful girl in the world", she breaks up with you and suddenly you say "doesn't matter. she's...ugly af"

Saltiness.

Kawhi_6rings
11-26-2018, 02:12 AM
more like lowry lead the raptors,sorry

Kawhi_6rings
11-26-2018, 02:13 AM
Salty pop
bic50 = fake fans of spurs

Hoops Czar
11-26-2018, 02:15 AM
more like lowry lead the raptors,sorry
Winning 55+ regular season games in the Eastern Conference doesn't mean much. Kawhi was brought in to win in the postseason. Everybody knows that's when Lowry shits his pants.

YGWHI
11-26-2018, 02:17 AM
"I find funny" how some guys even thought that Pop was criticizing LMA, too. :lol

Talking about Spurs' defense... :D

J_Paco
11-26-2018, 02:20 AM
Delusional and salty

Sure, says the person rooting or defending a player that abandon his "favorite" team and disparaged the medical staff on his way out.

Sure, I'm the "delusional" one. *rolls eyes*

John B
11-26-2018, 02:20 AM
Would you follow this guy in battle? Certainly not. He could be very good, but when matters count, he’d bail out on you.

Hoops Czar
11-26-2018, 02:24 AM
Would you follow this guy in battle? Certainly not. He could be very good, but when matters count, he’d bail out on you.
Would you follow meat sheild Mills into battle? He may not bail on you, but you'll both be dead. Can't bring a towel to a gun fight.

Kawhi_6rings
11-26-2018, 02:25 AM
Winning 55+ regular season games in the Eastern Conference doesn't mean much. Kawhi was brought in to win in the postseason. Everybody knows that's when Lowry shits his pants.
kachoke is overrated

Kawhi_6rings
11-26-2018, 02:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdk2gYeNvPc

RIP

too bad kawhi stepped on lee's foot originally. i can't recall any player turning an ankle on a teammate's foot who was on the bench.
kachoke made of glasses:eyebrows
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4826/44239393730_66b6fde06c.jpg

J_Paco
11-26-2018, 02:42 AM

Right, that is the key these sycophants miss and he, now, openly admits that he "stopped playing." He quit on his teammates, this fanbase and the organization.

No one is questioning his talent, ability or what he accomplished here, he was on the path of an all-time great SF, but he isn't a leader.

The Raptors have faced little adversity this far and once they do Leonard will in all likelihood wilt under the pressure. Especially when he doesn't have three veteran, hall of fame, battle tested teammates and an all-time great coach to lean on.

John B
11-26-2018, 02:48 AM
Would you follow meat sheild Mills into battle? He may not bail on you, but you'll both be dead.
Better dead fighting. Kiwi left his teammates dying and rat them out.

rasuo214
11-26-2018, 03:06 AM
Pop about Kawhi's leadership when he was on the Spurs: https://streamable.com/wpkmr

therealtruth
11-26-2018, 03:07 AM
What stage of greif is this?

Hoops Czar
11-26-2018, 03:08 AM
Pop about Kawhi's leadership when he was on the Spurs: https://streamable.com/wpkmr
Det contradicting truthbomb!

#endthread

Cane
11-26-2018, 09:22 AM
I saw the interview. I don't mean literally why he gave an answer, but, why he decided to go there rather than be diplomatic or evasive about it.

Because Pop should be retired, at a certain point old men give no fucks anymore

Lmao anyone thinking Porker or Kawhi were leaders

spursparker9
11-26-2018, 09:32 AM
I would pay to know what the conversation was like when Pop (after death of his wife) flew to San Diego to meet Nephew, after all media was reporting on the trade demand to LA.

TDMVPDPOY
11-26-2018, 09:42 AM
how is he going to be leader if his not the franchise player? when patfo chase lma in free agency, kowtow to him to make him happy (more offensive touches) at the expense of kawhi being the focal point of the team to be built around...

then u had the vets, undermining whatever kawhis rise ... do u think enrique was willing to hand over the keys?

shouldve just kept kawhi for the season, get rid of enrique, lma, pau, mills, ginoboli....actually get rid of the vets

Amuseddaysleeper
11-26-2018, 09:42 AM
I would pay to know what the conversation was like when Pop (after death of his wife) flew to San Diego to meet Nephew, after all media was reporting on the trade demand to LA.

Did that meeting even happen? I thought they met around draft night and I recall reading about the how the conversation didn’t go well at all.