PDA

View Full Version : Popovich..

TheGreatYacht
11-24-2018, 11:06 PM
Is there a worst coach currently in the league? He's undeniably the worst out of timeout coach. Once you see the old man hold a clipboard, you just know a turnover is coming. To close the game out without Bertans (who had his best game of the season) in order to have his mandatory washed up vet in Cunningham on the floor is fucking retarded. To no one's surprise he also had the midget sisters in so they can get torched by Bledsoe and Brogdon.

His fluffers making up excuses like "CIA Pop" or "bearded Pop" in order to give his senile coaching a pass :lmao

Genovaswitness
11-24-2018, 11:07 PM
you don't understand patty is the true leader of the team. getting anal gaped by bledsoe is all part of the plan

JakeCuenca
11-24-2018, 11:08 PM
Is there a worst coach currently in the league? He's undeniably the worst out of timeout coach. Once you see the old man hold a clipboard, you just know a turnover is coming. To close the game out without Bertans (who had his best game of the season) in order to have his mandatory washed up vet in Cunningham on the floor is fucking retarded. To no one's surprise he also had the midget sisters in so they can get torched by Bledsoe and Brogdon.

His fluffers making up excuses like "CIA Pop" or "bearded Pop" in order to give his senile coaching a pass :lmao

A total asshole tonight. I dont know why he continues to sit down hot hands. He made two huge errors in the 4th.

Subbing out gay ( dafck you worry about foul trouble in the fourth), i also saw him sign for the two Aldridge touches. The spurs practiclly lost any chance to keep their lead with those dumb choices

Mugen
11-24-2018, 11:08 PM
:lol It's legit hilarious to watch tbh. no hyperbole in that Pop's in-game management this season has to be bottom 5 in the league right now.

MoSpur02
11-24-2018, 11:11 PM
Spurs need a legit starting PG

TheGreatYacht
11-24-2018, 11:12 PM
you don't understand patty is the true leader of the team. getting anal gaped by bledsoe is all part of the plan
$50,000,000..

HEB Commercials..

Replaced the Silver dancers..

Leading us to a sub .500 record with the easiest SoS..

Patty can do it all! I applaud RC for getting the contract done at 12:01am before anyone could steal him away for more money

Amuseddaysleeper
11-24-2018, 11:14 PM
The game is past him. He had a wonderful run but the culture died when Duncan retired. Pop needs to follow suit.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-24-2018, 11:16 PM
$50,000,000..

HEB Commercials..

Replaced the Silver dancers..

Leading us to a sub .500 record with the easiest SoS..

Wait, was that quote about Patty real?!

SouthTexasRancher
11-24-2018, 11:18 PM
It really is time for Pop to retire. Too many players and coaches play or coach beyond their prime and it turns out bad for them. Too many good young coaches in the league now and Pop is being out coached to often. He's had a great run but, the time is here. JMHO

ECOV
11-24-2018, 11:19 PM
Yet others would be happy to have our coach, ungrateful smh

TheGreatYacht
11-24-2018, 11:22 PM
A total asshole tonight. I dont know why he continues to sit down hot hands. He made two huge errors in the 4th.

Subbing out gay ( dafck you worry about foul trouble in the fourth), i also saw him sign for the two Aldridge touches. The spurs practiclly lost any chance to keep their lead with those dumb choices
LaDiva is a big pile of crap when someone else is leading the team. He doesn't even bother hiding it anymore :lol 3 rebounds and horrendous traffic cone rim protection.

He's 33 years old and his contract extension hasn't even kicked in. PATFO loyalty contracts to players who aren't loyal rofl

JakeCuenca
11-24-2018, 11:24 PM
LaDiva is a big pile of crap when someone else is leading the team. He doesn't even bother hiding it anymore :lol 3 rebounds and horrendous traffic cone rim protection.

He's 33 years old and his contract extension hasn't even kicked in. PATFO loyalty contracts to players who aren't loyal rofl

RC Drunkford at best.

TheGreatYacht
11-24-2018, 11:26 PM
Those others don't watch Spurs games then. You'd have to be a gigantic cock sucker to watch our games these past two years without Duncan/Kawhi and think to yourself "wow this guy is a basketball guru"

The book is out and expect more scrutiny the longer he coaches without a once in a lifetime talent to hold his hand.

TheGreatYacht
11-24-2018, 11:49 PM
Wait, was that quote about Patty real?!
Yes

NASpurs
11-24-2018, 11:49 PM
Yes

Seems legit.

therealtruth
11-25-2018, 12:19 AM
Just like Bogans was the "centerpiece." Tiago was kind of a "lynchpin" defensively but it took loosing to the Grizzlies in the first round and Bynum grabbing 30+ boards for Pop to actually start him.

Spurtacular
11-25-2018, 02:14 AM

Patty +18, Bryn -29

Just saying.....

r0drig0lac
11-25-2018, 07:04 AM
:lol It's legit hilarious to watch tbh. no hyperbole in that Pop's in-game management this season has to be bottom 5 in the league right now.

you'd be surprised at some analysis of how he's doing his best with this list, which for some he was not to blame and it was all about Kawhi giving up, maybe if Kawhi had stayed he would have eliminated the dead weight on the list (meaningless logic being spoken here)

that's certainly not the case with Aldridge (who asked for a trade) and Kawhi, you know, the players who carried the team to 61 and 67 wins

Spurs Homer
11-25-2018, 11:34 AM
I'm guessing the OP is not impressed with last nights "moral" victory?

:lol:lol

james evans
11-26-2018, 05:34 AM

He’s been sitting the hot hand for yeRs. It’s how he coaches. As long as you’re cold as ice, you’re allowed to play many minutes fucking the game up.

therealtruth
11-26-2018, 05:48 AM
He’s been sitting the hot hand for yeRs. It’s how he coaches. As long as you’re cold as ice, you’re allowed to play many minutes fucking the game up.

I call those simulator crew moves. Things like sitting Duncan at the end of game 6 fall into the same category.

vavvi
11-26-2018, 07:20 AM
The incomplete list of NBA head coaches undisputedly worse than Pop:
- Lloyd Pierce
- Fred Hoiberg
- Larry Drew
- J.B. Bickerstaff
- Tom Thibodeau
- Alvin Gentry
- Scott Brooks (anyone here would really prefer Brooks to Pop, even the worst version of Pop?

SAGirl
11-26-2018, 08:16 AM
- Lloyd Pierce
- Fred Hoiberg
- Larry Drew
- J.B. Bickerstaff
- Tom Thibodeau
- Alvin Gentry
- Scott Brooks (anyone here would really prefer Brooks to Pop, even the worst version of Pop?
Not sure on JB Bickerstaff yet. He’s got a new team with a lot of roster TO and Memphis is playing better than expected. I think he could be better for sure though. There’s things about him that don’t quite make a lot of sense but he has so far overachieved.

vavvi
11-26-2018, 08:21 AM
Not sure on JB Bickerstaff yet. He’s got a new team with a lot of roster TO and Memphis is playing better than expected. I think he could be better for sure though. There’s things about him that don’t quite make a lot of sense but he has so far overachieved.

Gasol and Conley are just that good.
Watched their loss to the Knicks. Coaching in Q4 from JB was pathetic.

therealtruth
11-26-2018, 08:36 AM
- Lloyd Pierce
- Fred Hoiberg
- Larry Drew
- J.B. Bickerstaff
- Tom Thibodeau
- Alvin Gentry

Gentry swept Pop in the playoffs and Brooks backward swept him.

vavvi
11-26-2018, 08:49 AM
Gentry swept Pop in the playoffs and Brooks backward swept him.

So you really want Gentry or Brooks?

vavvi
11-26-2018, 08:50 AM
Thanks god nobody argues about Fred fucking Hoiberg :spin

SAGirl
11-26-2018, 08:51 AM
Gasol and Conley are just that good.
Watched their loss to the Knicks. Coaching in Q4 from JB was pathetic.
Couldn’t watch it as I was traveling. I noticed the third Q is where they were really killed tho (boxscore). I do agree Conley and Gasol are very good, underrated and forgotten bc of their recent injuries and the tanking. I think JB has done a good job bc the team outside Conley, Gasol and JJJ (who is in foul trouble practically every game) is not that talented, specially offensively. They have a lot of marginal players that they need good minutes from. The bench isn’t all that good.

I am just not ready to dump him with other awful coaches yet. Basically I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. I don’t think much more of Fizdale even though the Knicks won that game.

vavvi
11-26-2018, 08:58 AM
Couldn’t watch it as I was traveling. I noticed the third Q is where they were really killed tho (boxscore). I do agree Conley and Gasol are very good, underrated and forgotten bc of their recent injuries and the tanking. I think JB has done a good job bc the team outside Conley, Gasol and JJJ (who is in foul trouble practically every game) is not that talented, specially offensively. They have a lot of marginal players that they need good minutes from. The bench isn’t all that good.

I am just not ready to dump him with other awful coaches yet.

Fair enough.
It's just the same thing about marginal players can be said about Pop. Maybe JB is not awful but I can't see how he's better than Pop.
By the way, I expect us to have better record to end the season (while both teams may be out of the playoffs).

Othyus Lalanne
11-26-2018, 09:17 AM

So he is the worst coach because he messed up one play in the regular season?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBbyrZpyRJs

SAGirl
11-26-2018, 10:57 AM
Fair enough.
It's just the same thing about marginal players can be said about Pop. Maybe JB is not awful but I can't see how he's better than Pop.
By the way, I expect us to have better record to end the season (while both teams may be out of the playoffs).
Yes I wouldn’t say he’s better than Pop either.
It’s just his first season as HC and he has a lot to prove.

TheGreatYacht
11-26-2018, 10:58 AM
So he is the worst coach because he messed up one play in the regular season?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBbyrZpyRJs
Ty Lue is a head coach in this league? That's news to all of us.

You must be a casual basketball fan if you think Pop is shit because of one play, try 4 years.

RC_Drunkford
11-27-2018, 07:34 AM
Pop is not a shitty coach. The problem is more so that the mistakes are so blatantly obvious that we as fans can see them and he still keeps making them. West/Diaw pairing, Mills/Forbes pairing, Mills/Paker/Forbes pairing, playing line ups that never played together when you're up 10 in the 3rd quarter, destroying young players confidence, telling players not to shoot when they have a jump shot, overpaying Mills/Gasol, having no defenders on this years roster, playing worse players more minutes cause of military pecking order, getting outcoached by a rookie coach, etc., etc.

Everybody can see this shit, yet he keeps doing it. I don't know why. Either he doesn't give a fuck, is delusional or he really thinks he's the GOAT and can win with anybody. I don't know. But Pop needs an assistant who puts him in check. Seems like he's surrounded by yes men

HWoodNixon
11-27-2018, 08:45 AM
Pop is not a shitty coach. The problem is more so that the mistakes are so blatantly obvious that we as fans can see them and he still keeps making them. West/Diaw pairing, Mills/Forbes pairing, Mills/Paker/Forbes pairing, playing line ups that never played together when you're up 10 in the 3rd quarter, destroying young players confidence, telling players not to shoot when they have a jump shot, overpaying Mills/Gasol, having no defenders on this years roster, playing worse players more minutes cause of military pecking order, getting outcoached by a rookie coach, etc., etc.

Everybody can see this shit, yet he keeps doing it. I don't know why. Either he doesn't give a fuck, is delusional or he really thinks he's the GOAT and can win with anybody. I don't know. But Pop needs an assistant who puts him in check. Seems like he's surrounded by yes men

And when he seems to learn his mistakes in the playoffs, it’s already too late!

UZER
11-27-2018, 09:42 AM
Pop just needs to go. All his shticks are so tired already.

therealtruth
11-28-2018, 03:50 AM
And when he seems to learn his mistakes in the playoffs, it’s already too late!

Classical example of this is 2011 when he got swept by the eighth seed Grizzlies. He was so stubborn about playing Splitter but finally relented when they were on the verge of being swept.

ceperez
11-28-2018, 04:09 AM

I am just not ready to dump him with other awful coaches yet. Basically I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. I don’t think much more of Fizdale even though the Knicks won that game.

Season is so very early. We've seen teams jump out the gate only to falter out. Look who's at the bottom of the West, the Jazz, the Rockets and the Pelicans. I am sure those fan bases are freaking out right now considering the talent that they actually have!

ElNono
11-28-2018, 06:49 AM
It's a player's league, tbh... The FO did their job over the summer getting rid of the trash like Porky and Fathead... Dejounte unexpectedly getting hurt isn't their fault...

Nobody expected anything different than this once the Big 2 of TD/Manu retired and they had to deal Kawhi, tbh, especially since LMA has always been more concerned with making the All Star game than winning a ring...

JeffDuncan
11-28-2018, 07:06 AM
It's a player's league, tbh... The FO did their job over the summer getting rid of the trash like Porky and Fathead...

And continued to do their job by replacing those guys with Belinelli and Pondexter. Pinch me I must be dreaming.