PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: are literally a one man team.

midnightpulp
11-25-2018, 06:14 AM
RPM is out! Let's take a look.

Lebron: +5.96
Longo: -0.53
Kuzma: -2.55
Ingram: -3.08
McGee: -+0.40

All of their bench aside from Hart (+1.84) are net negative players, as well. This relates to the thread about how overrated systems are (the Lakers have no system. It's Lebron ball). If you can get a top 3 transcedent star, you're pretty much guaranteed to challenge for a playoff spot, regardless of what shit you surround him with.

Lakers will have a bit of challenge of getting to late April, though. Their SRS is only 0.99, so they've benefitted from a weak schedule. Right now, they're precariously sitting in the 7th spot with many teams breathing down their necks. I don't think Lakers and Time Warner brass want another season with the Lakers missing the post-season. I foresee a big mid-season trade coming for them (Kuzma and Ingram will be on the table. Longo has probably played his way into being a Laker on the defensive side at least. His DRPM isn't stellar at -0.19, but holds water).

WallyTiger
11-25-2018, 07:25 AM
:reading

Raven
11-25-2018, 08:19 AM
that's ok, they signed the guy for a reason.

Bynumite
11-25-2018, 10:45 AM
So LeBron is holding opponents to the lowest fg% in the league by himself? Who knew? Interesting.

midnightpulp
11-25-2018, 11:31 AM
So LeBron is holding opponents to the lowest fg% in the league by himself? Who knew? Interesting.

:lol Did you confuse the Lakers with the Clippers?

R. DeMurre
11-25-2018, 06:51 PM
Kuzma is an interesting case: he passes the eye test on the court, being active, productive, running the court, and seeming to mesh pretty well with his teammates, but so far most advanced stats are not in his favor at all. His +/- this year is even worse than last year.

Pavlov
11-25-2018, 07:03 PM
No, it's still figurative.

R. DeMurre
11-25-2018, 07:14 PM

:lol

DMC
11-25-2018, 08:27 PM
DRussell is killing it right now.

Good thing the Lakers settled for that wash woman Lonzo Ball instead.

FrostKing
11-25-2018, 09:05 PM
Ultimate stat padder not leader.

Karl and Chuck would feast on this current game

Othyus Lalanne
11-26-2018, 06:03 AM
that's ok, they signed the guy for a reason.

To sell merch and be relevant. Not to truly win big time.

11-26-2018, 10:04 AM

my man mid still desperatly trying to make his "systems don't matter" thing happen :lol chill bro

ambchang
11-26-2018, 10:48 AM
^ true

I’d imagine a system would allow others to contribute more.

Mr. Body
11-26-2018, 10:44 PM
DRussell is killing it right now.

Good thing the Lakers settled for that wash woman Lonzo Ball instead.

Nods.

Yeah, Russell looks like he actively worked on his game. He's bombs away from downtown lately and is dropping big numbers. None of LAL's young guys look any different than they were a year ago.

I wonder if LeBron isn't just stunting their growth right now -- probably not, because none of them did anything to begin with to improve -- but will hold the franchise back for the next few years. I mean, they've semi-sucked with their draft picks generally, but now they're basically a treadmill team. Their only hope is to pull big FAs next summer and that's a big risk.

DMC
11-26-2018, 11:20 PM
Nods.

Yeah, Russell looks like he actively worked on his game. He's bombs away from downtown lately and is dropping big numbers. None of LAL's young guys look any different than they were a year ago.

I wonder if LeBron isn't just stunting their growth right now -- probably not, because none of them did anything to begin with to improve -- but will hold the franchise back for the next few years. I mean, they've semi-sucked with their draft picks generally, but now they're basically a treadmill team. Their only hope is to pull big FAs next summer and that's a big risk.

Playing with Lebron isn't going to be much better than playing with Kobe because of the internal pressure on them to consider "what if Lebron had the ball instead of you?"

The difference is that Lebron will willingly give them the ball, wants them to succeed, will sacrifice points to see them do well and will lay off much of the 1st half just to get them going. He won't throw them under the bus if they lose or do poorly, not publicly like Kobe would and he won't excuse himself from all blame while he chucks game after game into the sewer. However, the pressure to measure up is no doubt pretty high, even for NBA guys. Not many can step out of that shadow.

midnightpulp
11-27-2018, 07:31 AM

my man mid still desperatly trying to make his "systems don't matter" thing happen :lol chill bro

:lol they don't. As long as your offense is compatible with the :lmao today's NBA math (i.e. shoot a lot 3s and high percentage 2s), you don't need a "system." Look how much homogeneity there is among the offensive style of NBA teams. They all play the same way. Talent wins in the NBA. Systems aren't important.

midnightpulp
11-27-2018, 07:35 AM
To sell merch and be relevant. Not to truly win big time.

Lebron will set the franchise back a decade. They're not winning shit with him, even if they get another star. They should've just stayed course like Philly and tank, tank, tank until the youth movement clicks. Once your youth is developed, then you pursue the superstar that puts you over the top.

Othyus Lalanne
11-27-2018, 10:25 AM
Lebron will set the franchise back a decade. They're not winning shit with him, even if they get another star. They should've just stayed course like Philly and tank, tank, tank until the youth movement clicks. Once your youth is developed, then you pursue the superstar that puts you over the top.

I could see the league intervention for the Lakers since the lakers are a longer term brand.

midnightpulp
11-28-2018, 05:30 AM
RPM is out! Let's take a look.

Lebron: +5.96
Longo: -0.53
Kuzma: -2.55
Ingram: -3.08
McGee: -+0.40

All of their bench aside from Hart (+1.84) are net negative players, as well. This relates to the thread about how overrated systems are (the Lakers have no system. It's Lebron ball). If you can get a top 3 transcedent star, you're pretty much guaranteed to challenge for a playoff spot, regardless of what shit you surround him with.

Lakers will have a bit of challenge of getting to late April, though. Their SRS is only 0.99, so they've benefitted from a weak schedule. Right now, they're precariously sitting in the 7th spot with many teams breathing down their necks. I don't think Lakers and Time Warner brass want another season with the Lakers missing the post-season. I foresee a big mid-season trade coming for them (Kuzma and Ingram will be on the table. Longo has probably played his way into being a Laker on the defensive side at least. His DRPM isn't stellar at -0.19, but holds water).

Writing on the wall.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/report-anthony-davis-trade-to-lakers-been-in-the-works-for-years/ar-BBQb78V?ocid=spartanntp

They don't have the pieces to get Davis, but Kemba is a possibility. Kuz, Ingram, and maybe Longo for Kemba. Salaries about match, but Christ, are the Lakers youth underperforming. God awful PERs and RPMs across the board. Jordan is dumb, though. Gave Batum 24 million for 12 per :lol

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

Mr. Body
11-28-2018, 08:39 AM

Problem is, tanking wasn't helping. Their draft picks are only just okay. There was no team philosophy. No culture of hard work, moo leaders, just individuals who weren't that great to begin with. I'm not sure going on with a full on big name FA approach will work, but it was what they had to do, especially as they traded draft picks away. You don't say no to LeBron. The question is whether they can build around him at all, and this off season they didn't. But yes, LeBron will stump the overall development, but it's not like there was much in the first place.

Killakobe81
11-28-2018, 08:42 AM
Writing on the wall.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/report-anthony-davis-trade-to-lakers-been-in-the-works-for-years/ar-BBQb78V?ocid=spartanntp

They don't have the pieces to get Davis, but Kemba is a possibility. Kuz, Ingram, and maybe Longo for Kemba. Salaries about match, but Christ, are the Lakers youth underperforming. God awful PERs and RPMs across the board. Jordan is dumb, though. Gave Batum 24 million for 12 per :lol

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

mehh still early not in love with Kemba.
Lakers need to just chil and not panic.
Rifght now at tyimes LeBron doesnt seem worth a "panic move"

Its funny folks argued we should have sold teh farm to get Bron help cuz we would be wasting his "prime" but his prime is already gone.
The good news he is so great that 90% of Last year's Lebron is still fucking great may even still be the best player in the world in "spurts"
But looks like we and he needs more help than a panic kemba or Beal deal.

Lerbon wont win without a Kawhi or Davis type deal.
I hate to say this early and its not defifinitive but we may actually need someone to lead Bron to a chip ...
Not saying I belive this narrative in full yet and he may drop 40 10 and 10 on Thursday ...but the missed dunks, bad defense and some missed layups I have seen the past week ... make me wonder if he can still be the best player on a title team in current NBA landscape still ...

Stop trying to push the panicv yes they have underperformed but panic moves are the worst kind ...

Mr. Body
11-28-2018, 08:49 AM

Its funny folks argued we should have sold teh farm to get Bron help cuz we would be wasting his "prime" but his prime is already gone.
The good news he is so great that 90% of Last year's Lebron is still fucking great may even still be the best player in the world in "spurts"

I hate to say this early and its not defifinitive but we may actually need someone to lead Bron to a chip ...
Not saying I belive this narrative in full yet and he may drop 40 10 and 10 on Thursday ...but the missed dunks, bad defense and some missed layups I have seen the past week ... make me wonder if he can still be the best player on a title team in current NBA landscape still ...

Stop trying to push the panicv yes they have underperformed but panic moves are the worst kind ...

Every great player needs help. Jordan wouldn't have won shit without Pippen and aces role-players. Lakers right now aren't built anywhere close to a contender. The roster makes no sense.

I said early, though, that this was LeBron's retirement tour. He wasn't competing for anything. Whether he knew it or not, he probably does now.

Fabbs
11-28-2018, 09:42 AM

Kwa or Davis type deal is coming imo.
The NBA is far and away a business and entertainment corporation vs a sports league.
Lakers Inc just too big to have them remain also rans.
Already doing way better then last year.
Agree a 90% LeBron is still better then almost any other player.

I hope it's not that douchebag Durant but we'll see.

midnightpulp
11-28-2018, 11:28 AM

Lebron is performing. Still top 3 or 4 in RPM. But the Lakers have no choice but to hit the panic button if they're uncomfortably sitting in the 8th seed or worse by January. Time Warner/Lakers Brass do not want the embarrassment of missing the playoffs this season. Their top 3 young players of Kuzma, Ingram, and Ball are expendable. They haven't really showed much and won't develop playing with Lebron. We're a quarter of the way into season, enough games to see the trends.

Killakobe81
11-28-2018, 11:45 AM
Lebron is performing. Still top 3 or 4 in RPM. But the Lakers have no choice but to hit the panic button if they're uncomfortably sitting in the 8th seed or worse by January. Time Warner/Lakers Brass do not want the embarrassment of missing the playoffs this season. Their top 3 young players of Kuzma, Ingram, and Ball are expendable. They haven't really showed much and won't develop playing with Lebron. We're a quarter of the way into season, enough games to see the trends.

Not talking performing but his best games have been dependednt on him hitting 3's and he has never been a conistent 3 point shooter. he is still an elite athlete but he is no longer the best atheete in the league or on the court at times ... he cant just bull everyone or explode past everyone like he used to. he is still greatly skilled, plenty strong and fast, still but he may not have enough to just exert his will like he did in game one of teh finals. HE still great enough to wow ...and they WILL make the playoffs.

But if they wanna actually contend they do need a move, but a panic deal wont be enough

RsxPiimp
11-28-2018, 12:52 PM

kemba is your typical contract player. there’s no way he’ll replicate this season after he signs a max deal :lol

keep the kids. they work hard and is under a cheap contract. they’re jusy going through peaks and valleys. stick with the 2019 summer plan.

Killakobe81
11-28-2018, 12:59 PM
kemba is your typical contract player. there’s no way he’ll replicate this season after he signs a max deal :lol

keep the kids. they work hard and is under a cheap contract. they’re jusy going through peaks and valleys. stick with the 2019 summer plan.

I agree.
And I dont care how much are youth is under performing SAS smoking crack to think we would trade 3 of our young guys for Beal. they want cap relief they can have KCP Mo Wagner and a lottery protected first.

Killakobe81
11-28-2018, 01:00 PM
Ill even throw in SVI

Chucho
11-28-2018, 01:02 PM
Lebron will set the franchise back a decade. They're not winning shit with him, even if they get another star.

Ahhh, yes, The TOSB Kobe plan.

DMC
11-28-2018, 02:03 PM
This is why someone like Kevin Durant would go to the Warriors. Teams like the Lakers routinely stack and have the most success with free agents. Now that we have a team like the Warriors that stacking is almost irrelevant since they're not going to beat a juggernaut like that.