PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Better duo: Aldridge and DeRozan or Gasol and Conley?

DAF86
11-25-2018, 07:41 PM
Who you got?

JakeCuenca
11-25-2018, 08:07 PM
River fan with another River like IQ.

Gasol and Conley have consistently been a 50 win duo percentage wise in the last gazillion years so long as both are healthy amd they have great chemistry.

Lonnie Walker IV
11-25-2018, 08:17 PM
LMA and DD.

DAF86
11-25-2018, 09:51 PM
River fan with another River like IQ.

Gasol and Conley have consistently been a 50 win duo percentage wise in the last gazillion years so long as both are healthy amd they have great chemistry.

Grizzlies have won 50+ games only 3 times in the past 15 seasons. They haven't won 50 in the past 4 seasons.

Anyway, the past is irrelevant, I'm talking about the present. What duo would you rather have in your team right now?

The Grizzlies have a better record right now, but it can be argued that Gasol and Conley benefit from a better constructed roster. Also DeRozan and Aldridge are two current all-stars and 2nd team all-NBA selections.

I might lean a bit towards Conley and Gasol, but it is a close call.

Spurtacular
11-25-2018, 10:40 PM
Gasol/Conley because the other three can play around these pass first players.

SAGirl
11-26-2018, 01:00 PM
Gasol/Conley. Both better shooters, Gasol a gritty defender and better passer, more unselfish than Aldridge. I think Gasol is also a better, more vocal leader, and knows the game better. I suppose this lets you know that I don't think highly of Aldridge's BBIQ, his grittiness, or his desire to really improve as a player (his 3 pt shooting), etc.

It's easier to put guys around Gasol and Conley since they both shoot the 3 and are skilled playmakers. One could argue the Grizzlies could have had a better roster than they do if the FO wasn't just a little inept. Wallace is very unpopular with the Grizzlies fans and the Chandler Parsons deal still kills them. They owe their pick this season to Boston bc they traded for Jeff Green back 3 seasons ago I believe, they also have missed on multiple draft picks on many years. JJJ is gifted though and I like him a lot.

LMA and DD make it more difficult to find complementary players, DD needs the ball to be effective, LMA doesn't play off the ball well and starts complaining about touches. In terms of physical gifts I think LMA is superior to GAsol though but we all know he only grits it out when he feels like it.

SAGirl
11-26-2018, 01:12 PM
Gasol/Conley because the other three can play around these pass first players.
Great point, and GAsol/Conley can shoot the 3, so not only are they great passers, they are great off the ball too. Truly underrated. I wish they can stay healthy this season. A Conley injury would be unfortunate.

hater
11-26-2018, 01:26 PM
Gasol >>>>> Lamarcus

Derozan >> Coonley

Overall Griz duo >>> Spurs duo

Arcadian
11-26-2018, 01:58 PM
Make this a poll, tbh

lefty
11-26-2018, 03:19 PM
Dwight and Dick

DAF86