PDA

View Full Version : mahinmi update after 5 games

JUUOT
10-25-2005, 06:20 PM
Ian played his fifth game of the season today so i guess it is time for a rapid update.
for the impatient here are his stats.
5 games average: 8,2pts 4rbds(1 offensive) 1 steal 1 turnover shooting 66% (27 attempts) from the field and 62% FT (shot only 8 so hard to judge) all this in 17mn a game.

Now for the other interested in a little more than stats here is the situation:

- His team is doing really good. they finished with a .500 record last year but already have won 4 at of their 5 games against some good team including the champion.
- he is sharing the interior with a veteran called Pat Durham and jK Edwards.
Ian Mahinmi is giving a great opportunity and great confidence since he has been starter for all the games. the other reason is the interior sector is weak and not the strenghts of the team but they hope Ian development will change this so he is given every bit of opportunity to grow. it explains why the spurs said it was a good environment.

- some of you wonder after this why he is given only 17mn a game? he has been limited because of foul trouble to 11min in the 2 first game and 15 in the one today.

take out: Ian is making the transition from good surprise last year to not only a regular contributor but the boss of the team interior sector. the transition seems a bit hard but if you look at the numbers in given minutes it is fairly honest and good on the progress scale for his fiorst games as a starter. He never gives up.
In today's game he was benched in nearly all the 4th until durham fouled out. Ian got in for the last mn with his team leading by two without the ball. He got in and got the precious defensive rebound. (sharp)
so nothing extraordinary but moving along the road of proving hiself in france before moving in SA

PS: the other rising star for le havre is aldo Curti, he is one of the potential back up for Tony on the french national team. he is known for his defense and great passing abilities and will have all the automatisms with Ian...potential prospect?

xcoriate
10-25-2005, 06:24 PM
Sweet report thanks for the update.

Its good to have someone keeping track :)

ggoose25
10-25-2005, 07:19 PM
the international game is only 40 min right? so if hes restricted to only averaging 17 min/game, hes not even playing half the game? that worries me about his defensive abilities, but it might just indicate lack of knowledge and experience....

Mr. Body
10-25-2005, 08:22 PM
International rotations tend to be greater than NBA, I think, so fewer minutes for each player.

With Johan Petro gone to Seattle, I'm guessing Ian's responsible for more territory in the interior.

Bruno
10-26-2005, 08:09 AM
International rotations tend to be greater than NBA, I think, so fewer minutes for each player.

With Johan Petro gone to Seattle, I'm guessing Ian's responsible for more territory in the interior.

International rotations are shorter, Le havre plays with 8 players.
You have less games in a season (34 for the regular season) and they are 40 minutes long.
Ian plays as much as he can, when he is on the bench it's due to foul trouble.
Petro and him weren't in the same team last year.

JUUOT
10-26-2005, 08:12 AM
the international game is only 40 min right? so if hes restricted to only averaging 17 min/game, hes not even playing half the game? that worries me about his defensive abilities, but it might just indicate lack of knowledge and experience....

Ian explained on the radio he was surprised a little bit with the officiating. the first 2 games he played only 11mn so i guess the lck of experience and knowledge is a big part of it. If it is any indication he played 22 minutes against starsbourg former champion. 22-24mn a game will be the target for him during the first half of the season. Against strabourg he played well and collected 12points and 5rbds and they have one of the best interior game in the league (starosta former summer league is there), so i would not worry for his defense just yet.
I will give another update after 10 games. If you want you can follow stuff on www.lnb.fr

With Johan Petro gone to Seattle, I'm guessing Ian's responsible for more territory in the interior.....
Petro was not in the same team as Ian. but it is true that Ian is playing a different role this year in the paint and need to prove he can be the boss in there.

PS: merci bruno lol

JUUOT
10-26-2005, 02:19 PM

Ian is top 10 in the league in 2pt% which can be explained by the fact is 4th in dunk per game with 1,2/g

the only other top 20 he appears in is you guessed it faults commited he is 8th in the league.

Bruno
10-30-2005, 10:41 AM
Ian's team plays today against one of the best french team (Le Mans). They lost 68-73 but Ian plays a good game :
14 pt 5/9FG 4/5FT 10Rbd (4D and 6O) 5PF (7 made on him) in 27 min.

picnroll
10-30-2005, 10:56 AM
Bruno that game was on something called TPS Star TV. Did you see the game?

Bruno
10-30-2005, 11:01 AM
Bruno that game was on something called TPS Star TV. Did you see the game?

No, I haven't this channel.

picnroll
11-15-2005, 12:16 PM
After nine games:

Mahinmi stats:
GP : 9
Min : 19.6
Pts : 9.6, (4-6 FG, (61%) , 2/3 (71%) FT
Rbds : 6.2
Blocks: 0.4

http://www.lnb.fr/index.php?pid=9&f...d=A28929&type=1

Had his best game to date Sunday with 17 points on 8-11 with 13 boards and 2 blocks in 27 minutes.

On E/V which I'm taking to be an efficiency per minute ranking Mahinmi is tied for ninth in the league.

2centsworth
11-15-2005, 12:22 PM
JUUOT you're fantastic. Thanks for the update.