PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: GM to close 5 factories with over 14k jobs at risk MAGA

Trill Clinton
11-26-2018, 12:55 PM
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1067079061028200448?s=19

Spurs Homer
11-26-2018, 01:04 PM
So it begins....

Trill Clinton
11-26-2018, 01:18 PM
https://twitter.com/CanadaKaz/status/1066947733406117888?s=19

https://twitter.com/CanadaKaz/status/1066948693025116160?s=19

Reck
11-26-2018, 01:19 PM
Good. Trumpies get to eat shit. What's not to like?

boutons_deux
11-26-2018, 01:25 PM
"The next time some politician says they are investing in XYZ Private Company, remember: the odds are almost 100% that the big company is robbing the taxpayers blind."

Amazon, in HQ2. PPP, tax abatement enrich the oligarchy (that "takes care" of the deciding politicians), and impoverish the non-oligarchy.

Such pillaging, fleecing, raping by the oligarchy is irreversible and unstoppable because the oligarchy has wealth = political power to control/own the politicians who bend taxpayers over so the oligarchy can "have its way".

America is fucked and unfuckable, the non-oligarchy in permanent decline

Chucho
11-26-2018, 01:31 PM

Trump didn't bail GM out. About 1/5th of the job cuts are US jobs. A slash of this size isn't just based on tax cuts, the same issues that caused them to need our billions of dollars to save them were never truly fixed.

What's not to like is that people are happy about people losing jobs while the tax payers got effed in the A and you and Cultists are happy.

Chucho
11-26-2018, 01:34 PM
People happy about 3.5k Americans and 11k Canadians losing jobs and tax payers in both countries gave them tens of billions having lost said billions because "let's triggerz the Trumpies".

Awesome, guys. Awesome.

SnakeBoy
11-26-2018, 01:36 PM
People happy about 3.5k Americans and 11k Canadians losing jobs and tax payers in both countries gave them tens of billions having lost said billions because "let's triggerz the Trumpies".

Not too much to lean on Trump. He didn't bail them out and he wasn't the one who didn't put any regulatory/oversight actions in place.

Awesome, guys. Awesome.

Rooting against themselves has become a favorite past time of the libs.

DMC
11-26-2018, 01:36 PM
Barra said GM is still hiring people with expertise in software and electric and autonomous vehicles. Many of those who will lose jobs are now working on conventional cars with internal combustion engines.

North America also includes Canada

Factories are always prime for layoffs when certain products are no longer needed. One reason is because they cannot retrain a 50.00/hr bolt turner to become a software expert. There used to be a lot of semiconductor manufacturing jobs in Austin. Not so much these days. I suppose Trump caused that as well.

Coal mines closed - good
Combustion engine factories closed - bad

Today's snowflakes :lol

Spurs Homer
11-26-2018, 01:46 PM
Trump didn't bail GM out. About 1/5th of the job cuts are US jobs. A slash of this size isn't just based on tax cuts, the same issues that caused them to need our billions of dollars to save them were never truly fixed.

What's not to like is that people are happy about people losing jobs while the tax payers got effed in the A and you and Cultists are happy.

You were happy when two trillion went to the richest corporations and from the pockets of the middle class and poor.

If you are not a billionaire - it doesn't make you very bright does it?

Chucho
11-26-2018, 01:46 PM
Some places are trying to push the tariff narrative while it's evident they're:

1. Killing the plants that build their lowest selling vehicles to stay in line with the market. Ford has halted ALL production of ALL passenger cars sans the Mustang and is exclusively building trucks and the Mustang moving forward.

2. This is aimed to cover the costs of their investments into new technologies and the future trends of the industry.

This was a business decision and, as angry as Canada is about being lied to about the misappropriation of their funds and reneged promises from GM, Cultists like SH and Trill are happy that people will be jobless for the holidays so the "Trumpies can be triggered" while spouting narratives that it is his fault because he told people at a plant that jobs are coming.

Reck
11-26-2018, 01:47 PM

It affects trumpies. The end.

Trump doesn't care about 75% of the country or what happens to them. You're asking me to shed tears for retards and deplorables, Not happening brother.

Chucho
11-26-2018, 01:47 PM
You were happy when two trillion went to the richest corporations and from the pockets of the middle class and poor.

If you are not a billionaire - it doesn't make you very bright does it?

More LOLies. Keep trying, pal.

Spurs Homer
11-26-2018, 01:48 PM
More LOLies. Keep trying, pal.

lol cultists supporting the white supremacist at every turn

Pavlov
11-26-2018, 01:50 PM
Some places are trying to push the tariff narrative while it's evident they're:

1. Killing the plants that build their lowest selling vehicles to stay in line with the market. Ford has halted ALL production of ALL passenger cars sans the Mustang and is exclusively building trucks and the Mustang moving forward.

2. This is aimed to cover the costs of their investments into new technologies and the future trends of the industry.

This was a business decision and, as angry as Canada is about being lied to about the misappropriation of their funds and reneged promises from GM, Cultists like SH and Trill are happy that people will be jobless for the holidays so the "Trumpies can be triggered" while spouting narratives that it is his fault because he told people at a plant that jobs are coming.I'm laughing at Trump because he said jerbs are coming while starting a trade war.

Chucho
11-26-2018, 01:51 PM
It affects trumpies. The end.

Trump doesn't care about 75% of the country or what happens to them. You're asking me to shed tears for retards and deplorables, Not happening brother.

Explain how Trump is responsible for this. He didn't give them billions in bailout with little to no oversight. He didn't change their business plan. And it doesn't effect just "Trumpies", it effects everyone getting axed. If you understand the main reason this is happening- they're covering the costs of their investment into new tech- you'd see that.

And explain how you can ever pretend to be morally proper after gloating about thousands losing jobs and the last administration gave them billions they took and we'll never see back. Sorry pal, you're on the same level of the people you loathe. Same mentality.

Spurs Homer
11-26-2018, 01:53 PM
Explain how Trump is responsible for this. He didn't give them billions in bailout with little to no oversight. He didn't change their business plan. And it doesn't effect just "Trumpies", it effects everyone getting axed. If you understand the main reason this is happening- they're covering the costs of their investment into new tech- you'd see that.

And explain how you can ever pretend to be morally proper after gloating about thousands losing jobs and the last administration gave them billions they took and we'll never see back. Sorry pal, you're on the same level of the people you loathe. Same mentality.

Explain how you are a Native American - yet defend a white supremacist.

That does not really work unless you are just another angry white racist.

Chucho
11-26-2018, 01:54 PM
I'm laughing at Trump because he said jerbs are coming while starting a trade war.

Good for you. You're not a complete soulless douche. Laugh at him for saying stupid shit, everyone does and should.

And GM probably told him what they told Canada and Canada is rightfully pissed. Sadly, our country wont feel the same way because it was ok to give them money in full instead of doing what we should have- let it burn and let new business rise from the ashes- because of who gave it to them at that time.

Chucho
11-26-2018, 01:56 PM
Explain how you are a Native American - yet defend a white supremacist.

That does not really work unless you are just another angry white racist.

LOL. Racist cultist doing my biography and angered because I don't conform to his Cult's views of how Injuns should think.

Spurs Homer
11-26-2018, 01:58 PM
LOL. Racist cultist doing my biography and angered because I don't conform to his Cult's views of how Injuns should think.

yep

ran away again

lol

Reck
11-26-2018, 01:59 PM

Trump said we'd be "winning." Bring jobs back from overseas, get said jobs, be richer, etc.

Trump doesn't share all the blame, but most of it. Orange tard thinks starting trade wars with multiple countries while saying retarded shit like "its a good thing" while companies like Harley Davidson, Ford and now GM say so long US.

And I know is a selfish thing to say. I never claimed to be morally superior when it came to shitting on Trump supporters knowing what they stand for. They dont even try..

Chucho
11-26-2018, 02:01 PM
yep

ran away again

lol

LOL. More self pats on the back.

Reck
11-26-2018, 02:01 PM
I also take umbrage to you calling me a cultist because I find irony in this.

Not gonna hold that against you if that is what you think though. Personally, I think you're an ok guy Chucho.

Pavlov
11-26-2018, 02:03 PM
Barra said GM is still hiring people with expertise in software and electric and autonomous vehicles. Many of those who will lose jobs are now working on conventional cars with internal combustion engines.

North America also includes Canada

Factories are always prime for layoffs when certain products are no longer needed. One reason is because they cannot retrain a 50.00/hr bolt turner to become a software expert. There used to be a lot of semiconductor manufacturing jobs in Austin. Not so much these days. I suppose Trump caused that as well.

Coal mines closed - good
Combustion engine factories closed - bad

Today's snowflakes :lollol DMC acting like an he's an oracle when Black President said it two and half years ago.

Chucho
11-26-2018, 02:07 PM
Trump said we'd be "winning." Bring jobs back from overseas, get said jobs, be richer, etc.

Trump doesn't share all the blame, but most of it. Orange tard thinks starting trade wars with multiple countries while saying retarded shit like "its a good thing" while companies like Harley Davidson, Ford and now GM say so long US.

And I know is a selfish thing to say. I never claimed to be morally superior when it came to shitting on Trump supporters knowing what they stand for. They dont even try..

I agree- laugh at the dipshit. And I feel the way about guys like SH and Boots as you do derps and Chris's. Both sides have their foul odors. Shit on Trump for saying dumb shit that he has no power over.

That said, based on how Canada feels betrayed, robbed and lied to, no one particular side saw this coming from GM. The major reason for the cuts, as being reported right now, is vastly because GM shifted their business plan. All three companies you mention were hurting for sales well before the tariffs were enacted and the auto industry is one of, if not the, most saturated retail markets in the US.

Laugh at Trump for saying dumb, unfounded shit but not cool to gloat about this- people going into the poor house at holiday time- because it "Triggers Trumpies".

Chucho
11-26-2018, 02:10 PM
I also take umbrage to you calling me a cultist because I find irony in this.

Not gonna hold that against you if that is what you think though. Personally, I think you're an ok guy Chucho.

I wasn't calling you a Cultist. I said you AND cultists.

And I think you're an ok dude as well. I don't think anyone here is a "bad" person. I think there are stupid and dense people here and those are on both sides and I think everyone on both sides knows who they are.

Reck
11-26-2018, 02:31 PM
I wasn't calling you a Cultist. I said you AND cultists.

And I think you're an ok dude as well. I don't think anyone here is a "bad" person. I think there are stupid and dense people here and those are on both sides and I think everyone on both sides knows who they are.

Just to clear things up----

I meant I find irony in the story, not in you engaging in cultish behavior.

Blake
11-26-2018, 04:06 PM
I wish GM would stop making shit vehicles

boutons_deux
11-26-2018, 04:13 PM

cars and cellphones are a couple of the few markets where there is real competition so that they deliver excellent, always improving products.

TDMVPDPOY
11-26-2018, 04:13 PM
SAME shit happen down here with GM and ford, + japanese car manufactures also

even with the handouts, u cant sustain it...they took the money and ran

costs more for the govt to hand out money, rebates, incentives just to keep the industry/workers; cant compete with economies of scale who can make it cheaper...fkn clowns down here were getting paid like minimum starting salary 50-60k just to push a few screws/bolts a year? gtfo.....

another problem was wage increases and union involvement fck it up for everyone...wasnt sustainable...

Chucho
11-26-2018, 04:19 PM

Their stuff these days has improved leaps and bounds from the 00s and 90s and isnt bad for the price, same with Dodge. I owned both from this decade and had Chevy and Dodge cars earlier in life- definitely better experiences (year for year) with the 10s vehicles.

Pavlov
11-26-2018, 04:26 PM
IMO US autos are still hit and miss while it's much harder to go wrong with the Asian makers. Just seems like a higher baseline.

boutons_deux
11-26-2018, 05:00 PM
Trump says GM 'better' add new facility in Ohio after cuts

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-gm-restructuring-trump/trump-says-gm-better-add-new-facility-in-ohio-after-cuts-idUSKCN1NV2GW?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reuters%2FtopNews+%28News+%2F +US+%2F+Top+News%29

ducks
11-26-2018, 05:10 PM

Yeah let’s party people are losing jobs

Blake
11-26-2018, 05:42 PM
Their stuff these days has improved leaps and bounds from the 00s and 90s and isnt bad for the price, same with Dodge. I owned both from this decade and had Chevy and Dodge cars earlier in life- definitely better experiences (year for year) with the 10s vehicles.

Chevy trucks suck. My buddy has a 2015 that's burning oil. It also seems like every time I see a car with only one working daytime running lamp, it's a Chevy/gmc

Blake
11-26-2018, 05:43 PM
Yeah let’s party people are losing jobs

Trump

Chris
11-26-2018, 05:45 PM
"North America"... :lol So disingenuous, and they know people like Trill Clinton will fall for it.

Blake
11-26-2018, 05:46 PM
"North America"... :lol So disingenuous, and they know people like Trill Clinton will fall for it.

Why isn't GM bringing these jobs to the US then?

Chucho
11-26-2018, 05:55 PM
Chevy trucks suck. My buddy has a 2015 that's burning oil. It also seems like every time I see a car with only one working daytime running lamp, it's a Chevy/gmc

Ooof. That's rough and something the cheapest Kias back in the day were notorious for. We had less than 30k on the turtle shell my wife had before it started doing that shit.

Of all the vehicles I've owned, I think the biggest piece of shit was our Mustang. We bought what was an immaculate 07 with 10k miles back in early 10 and man, we replaced the alternator by 40k miles. The heater/AC buttons eroded from the inside so if you wanted heat or AC, you had to open the hood and take the fuse out and then the whole system eventually went to shit before 50k. The "premium" Shaker radio and CD changer died/stopped working in the same time. I've seen Yugos hold better than these shit Pony cars.

florige
11-26-2018, 05:58 PM

Chevy's are junk. And the Chevy SUV's are famous for their marker lights, or headlights shorting out.

CosmicCowboy
11-26-2018, 06:17 PM

My 6.0 2015 Silverado has been perfect and I run the hell out of it. No problems. If your friend has the 5.3 tell him he shouldn't have waited 10,000 miles to change the oil. I have six 6.0s in the fleet at work from 2014 to 2017 and none burn oil, but we change it at 3000 miles.

Chris
11-26-2018, 06:21 PM
Yep, a good oil change every 3000 miles will give you a healthy transmission and motor. Synthetic Mobile One is great stuff. Can't stop the pistons from burning out unfortunately.

Blake
11-26-2018, 06:23 PM
Shouldn't have to change oil at 3000 these days.

Unless you have a Chevy I guess

CosmicCowboy
11-26-2018, 06:27 PM
Shouldn't have to change oil at 3000 these days.

Unless you have a Chevy I guess

LOL and your friend that believed that is burning oil at 30K. People put way too much faith in the synthetic oil hype.

Chris
11-26-2018, 06:31 PM
Synthetic oil got me to 275,000 on a Dodge Grand Caravan. It's worth the extra $$$

DMC
11-26-2018, 06:34 PM
My truck has had one oil change since new (2012)

CosmicCowboy
11-26-2018, 06:35 PM
Synthetic oil got me to 275,000 on a Dodge Grand Caravan. It's worth the extra $$$

Not saying it's bad. Just shouldn't push it to 10K between changes. I got 250K out of my last Chevy doing 3K conventional oil changes and it was still going strong when I sold it.

Chris
11-26-2018, 07:45 PM

Winehole23
11-26-2018, 08:04 PM
Synthetic oil got me to 275,000 on a Dodge Grand Caravan. It's worth the extra $$$Nothing is worth being stupid.

You should surrender.

Chris
11-26-2018, 08:07 PM
Nothing is worth being stupid.

You should give surrender.

Illiterate Winehole trollin' on a Monday.

Blake
11-26-2018, 08:09 PM
LOL and your friend that believed that is burning oil at 30K. People put way too much faith in the synthetic oil hype.

http://www.carproblemzoo.com/chevrolet/silverado1500/engine-burning-oil-problems.php

Winehole23
11-26-2018, 08:19 PM
Illiterate Winehole trollin' on a Monday.there's not a single day you don't

Winehole23
11-26-2018, 08:21 PM
http://www.carproblemzoo.com/chevrolet/silverado1500/engine-burning-oil-problems.phpit's not a timestamp, it's a failure date

CosmicCowboy
11-26-2018, 08:29 PM
http://www.carproblemzoo.com/chevrolet/silverado1500/engine-burning-oil-problems.php

Oh my! eighteen people reported problems! :lol

Blake
11-26-2018, 08:34 PM
Oh my! eighteen people reported problems! :lol

Yes, 18 total people ever.

Chucho
11-26-2018, 11:00 PM
Well at least you have finally just given in and embraced being a piece of shit trumper

Oh look, Spurs Homer signed into his rage account.

Spurs Homer
11-26-2018, 11:59 PM
Oh look, Spurs Homer signed into his rage account.

:lol:lol

my list of alts keeps growing!

Chucho
11-27-2018, 12:05 AM
:lol:lol

my list of alts keeps growing!

And I've fat fingers because I'm DMC. Of course you already know that since you're keeping tabs on me.

Spurs Homer
11-27-2018, 12:06 AM
And I've fat fingers because I'm DMC. Of course you already know that since you're keeping tabs on me.

...and you support white supremacy

this we know.

Chucho
11-27-2018, 12:11 AM
...and you support white supremacy

this we know.

Rattling off tenants of your cult doesnt make your LOLies true.

ElNono
11-27-2018, 12:16 AM
The reality is that if GM needs to ramp up production on any parts, China is the place to do it, tbh... both from a speed and economics sense...

With the current standards of living (applies to both Canada and the US), we're just not competitive.

ElNono
11-27-2018, 12:23 AM
It's not a taxes problem either (see Foxconn). It's a labor and logistics issue. China has dormant factories they can spin up and ramp up production at any time, and labor is much, much cheaper and willing to work many hours.

The rest of the world has pretty much forego manufacturing hoping one day Chinese workers become too rich/expensive and the tide turns, but with their government manipulating the Yuan and controlling the actual money that reaches the worker's pockets, it's not happening.

DarrinS
11-27-2018, 10:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15iLHlJPp_0&list=PLIOvwKIbgx6hsg0zGtvNulG1b5I45Jr6Z

Will Hunting
11-27-2018, 11:12 AM
The idea that because GM got a bailout with no strings attached 10 years ago we should expect it to now act against the best interest of its shareholders by avoiding layoffs is ludicrous. If the US wanted to make sure people at GM would keep their jobs then it should have been a condition as part of the bailout (that one's on Obama & Bush, not Trump). The plans GM announced yesterday were received very well by the markets, which means GM made the correct decision.

Corporations are always going to do what's best for the bottom line, not because they're "evil" and not because they don't care about their employees, but because they have a fiduciary duty to their shareholders. This is why the Conservative wet dream that deregulation will somehow lead to corporations being more charitable and voluntarily giving more money to employees and less money to shareholders is retarded.

IMO Chucho is dead on that the right move was not bailing GM out at all. Giving bailout money to banks to avoid complete calamity in the financial markets made sense (the terms were way too generous though), but bailing out a car manufacturer that produces an inferior product and has underfunded its pension plan for decades while letting god knows how many small businesses die during the financial crisis is a stupid way to interfere with the marketplace.

Spurs Homer
11-27-2018, 12:57 PM
winning!

DMC
11-27-2018, 01:28 PM
winning!

Did you get another invite to the Playboy Mansion yet?

Chucho
11-27-2018, 02:54 PM
The idea that because GM got a bailout with no strings attached 10 years ago we should expect it to now act against the best interest of its shareholders by avoiding layoffs is ludicrous. If the US wanted to make sure people at GM would keep their jobs then it should have been a condition as part of the bailout (that one's on Obama & Bush, not Trump). The plans GM announced yesterday were received very well by the markets, which means GM made the correct decision.

Corporations are always going to do what's best for the bottom line, not because they're "evil" and not because they don't care about their employees, but because they have a fiduciary duty to their shareholders. This is why the Conservative wet dream that deregulation will somehow lead to corporations being more charitable and voluntarily giving more money to employees and less money to shareholders is retarded.

IMO Chucho is dead on that the right move was not bailing GM out at all. Giving bailout money to banks to avoid complete calamity in the financial markets made sense (the terms were way too generous though), but bailing out a car manufacturer that produces an inferior product and has underfunded its pension plan for decades while letting god knows how many small businesses die during the financial crisis is a stupid way to interfere with the marketplace.

The worst part of bailing the banks out was that funds were allocated to pay Executives bonuses and those bonuses are/were huge. The Execs that created the need for the bailout were rewarded instead of terminated.

Ashes make great a great fertilizer component and new business will always rise from those ashes and faulty/shoddy/eroded institutions burn fastest and best to let those fires burn out themselves and the bail out funds, in the case of the financial institutions should have been controlled almost fully by the Government while GM and the other domestic auto makers should have been left to die and the salvagers would have taken what's left and made the most of it.

Chris
11-27-2018, 03:01 PM

Pavlov
11-27-2018, 03:09 PM
1067494682249318402Cut their subsidies and they'll cut more jobs.

Good thinking.

LkrFan
11-27-2018, 03:29 PM
David Dennison delivered Fake News to Warren, Michigan :lol

Chris
11-27-2018, 03:44 PM
"It doesn't make sense"

Hey Dan, could you clarify what that means?

"It just doesn't make sense"

Thanks Dan.

Blake
11-27-2018, 03:47 PM
"It doesn't make sense"

Hey Dan, could you clarify what that means?

"It just doesn't make sense"

Thanks Dan.

You asking for someone else to clarify is rich

Trill Clinton
11-27-2018, 03:51 PM

Will Hunting
11-27-2018, 05:20 PM
The worst part of bailing the banks out was that funds were allocated to pay Executives bonuses and those bonuses are/were huge. The Execs that created the need for the bailout were rewarded instead of terminated.

Ashes make great a great fertilizer component and new business will always rise from those ashes and faulty/shoddy/eroded institutions burn fastest and best to let those fires burn out themselves and the bail out funds, in the case of the financial institutions should have been controlled almost fully by the Government while GM and the other domestic auto makers should have been left to die and the salvagers would have taken what's left and made the most of it.
The problem with the banks was that Bernanke & Paulson required all of the big ones to take bailout money when some of them (i.e. Goldman and Wells Fargo) didn't need or want any bailout money. They couldn't tell that there would be conditions tied to the money they didn't need but were told they needed to take.

As you said, the right move would have been a full blown government takeover of banks like Citi/other institutions like AIG that needed a bailout and firing the people who fucked up. If you require a government bailout then you should lose the ability to make your own decisions.

DMC
11-27-2018, 05:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15iLHlJPp_0&list=PLIOvwKIbgx6hsg0zGtvNulG1b5I45Jr6Z

This guy's stuff is funny. Mahk.

boutons_deux
11-29-2018, 08:07 AM
"The steel tariff cost GM $7 billion"

"GM's unlikely to suffer if the subsidies are taken away, given they are nearing the limit anyway.

But if the action opens up the door to threaten other electric-car makers,

the Trump administration would end up shooting itself in the foot.

China is steaming ahead with electric cars (along with huge subsidies) and the US cannot afford to add barriers (or cut incentives)."

https://share.qz.com/news/1280957?utm_source=email&utm_medium=daily-brief

But all simpleton Trash thinks about is looking macho tough and "punching" from a distance, for his simpleton cult mob

boutons_deux
11-29-2018, 10:25 PM
Sedans Aren’t Dead. American Sedans Are.

The supremacy of Japanese cars has been 40-plus years in the making.

If you look at the historical sales figures of the top Japanese sedans, you’ll see a small decline in recent years, but nothing like the big drop-off in sales that have hammered the American companies.

So in addition to the overall decline in sedan sales, there is a second, largely overlooked, dynamic taking place: Americans have only stopped buying American sedans, not Japanese sedans.

Today, American sedans are vastly improved.

It doesn’t matter. Most car reviewers still rate Japanese cars like the Accord and the Camry a bit higher than American sedans.

The Big Three have never been able to convince

the reviewers — or, more importantly,

the car-buying public — that their sedans were as good as their Japanese competition.

To put it another way,

the American car companies have never been able to shed the reputation they gained in the 1970s for making lousy sedans.

What’s more, most sedans are bought in big cities where trucks make no sense. City dwellers by and large are globalization’s winners.

The tug of nationalism is nonexistent.

I couldn’t help noticing that while the top three selling vehicles in the U.S. are, indeed,

American-made trucks,

No. 4 on the list is Nissan’s top SUV, the Rogue, the sales of which have gone from 18,000 in 2007 to 403,000 last year.

No. 5 is a Toyota SUV, the Rav4 (407,000 in 2017).

No. 6 is the Honda CR-V (378,000).

And the leading American SUV?

It’s the Chevy Equinox.

Last year, Chevrolet sold 290,000 of them —

100,000 fewer than the Toyota Camry.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2018-11-29/chevrolet-sedans-suffer-while-toyota-and-honda-hang-on?srnd=premium

CosmicCowboy
11-29-2018, 11:01 PM
Chevy and Ford have smartly cut their losses in small sedans and concentrated on trucks and SUV's where the money is.