PDA

View Full Version : A Wall Street Journal interview on trade shows Trump has no idea what he’s doing

RandomGuy
11-27-2018, 12:42 PM
This is why he doesn't give interviews. I think at some level he knows he is ignorant or in some sort of mental decline, but his ego won't let him admit it.
That is dangerous.

At one point during his latest interview with the Wall Street Journal, President Trump mixes up tariffs (a kind of sales tax imposed on imported goods) with interest rates, which are the extra money you owe when you take out a loan. Bob Davis, the journalist conducting the interview, corrects the president. It’s the kind of verbal slip that could happen to anyone. Except that Trump, after acknowledging the error, flips back around and makes it again later in the interview.

It’s the kind of mixup that would get a first-term House member flayed in the right-wing press, but Trump is the president of the United States.

And it’s not just some random issue where he can’t keep the words straight. Trade policy is, along with immigration, one of his signature issues where he personally has really made a mark and is governing in a way that other Republicans probably wouldn’t. During the 2016 campaign, it was routine to warn that Trump’s blundering ignorance on trade matters would end up tanking the global economy. That hasn’t happened, and in reality, the continuation of the steady recovery that began midway through Obama’s first term has been the clear bright spot of Trump-era America
https://www.vox.com/2018/11/27/18114141/trump-wall-street-journal-interview

(EDIT)

President Trump: So but what I’m saying is that I am very happy with what’s going on right now. We’ve only used a small portion of what we have to use because I have another $267 billion [in imports] to go if I want, and then I’m also able to raise interest rates. And we have money that is pouring right now, pouring —

Mr. Davis: When you say interest rates, do you mean — do you mean tariffs, as opposed to interest rates?

President Trump: I’m sorry, the rate, the 25 percent rate —

Mr. Davis: Yeah, yeah, yeah. OK.

President Trump: Without even doing any more.

Mr. Davis: Yeah.

President Trump: We have money that is pouring into our treasury right now, and on January 1 it’ll become much more so. And here’s the story: If we don’t make a deal, then I’m going to put the $200 — and it’s really $67 — billion additional on at an interest rate between 10 and 25 depending.

DMC
11-27-2018, 01:26 PM
Almost like saying you don't know what classified means when you're secretary of state.

Pavlov
11-27-2018, 01:27 PM
Almost like saying you don't know what classified means when you're secretary of state.*ding*MC

spurraider21
11-27-2018, 01:51 PM
literally one post into a thread about trump and DMC brings up clinton

but its ok guise he voted for obama

boutons_deux
11-27-2018, 02:08 PM
Trash is a con man, nothing but a lying con man.

He knows what he doesn't know, but he doesn't care, thinks his couple $B immunizes himself, and keeps conning the 10Ms of ignorant, loser suckers, while fucking up America and enriching the oligarchy, including himself.

Mueller and his team aren't connable.

DMC
11-27-2018, 04:20 PM
literally one post into a thread about trump and DMC brings up clinton

but its ok guise he voted for obama

Typical Philo drive-by zinger

Pavlov
11-27-2018, 04:26 PM
Typical Philo drive-by zinger
This was your typical drive-by *ding*er:

Almost like saying you don't know what classified means when you're secretary of state.

DMC
11-27-2018, 04:31 PM
This was your typical drive-by *ding*er:

Except I didn't aim it at the poster.

Fail again for you, Skeeter. :lol

LkrFan
11-27-2018, 04:34 PM
David Dennison = numbnutz. Who knew? :lmao

Pavlov
11-27-2018, 04:38 PM
Except I didn't aim it at the poster.

Fail again for you, Skeeter. :lolYou aimed the second one at the poster.

And of course you have no take on the OP at all.

:lol DMC failure

DMC
11-27-2018, 04:56 PM
You aimed the second one at the poster.

And of course you have no take on the OP at all.

:lol DMC failure

:lol desperate Skeeter. That was only after one was aimed at me.

I already cited you as a failure. Don't @ me

Pavlov
11-27-2018, 04:57 PM
:lol desperate Skeeter. That was only after one was aimed at me.

I already cited you as a failure. Don't @ me:lmao cited

This is so important to you.

JohnnyZ
11-27-2018, 08:40 PM
:lmao cited

This is so important to you.

Pavlov, ya just can't help it, can ya?

pgardn
11-27-2018, 09:28 PM
Pavlov, ya just can't help it, can ya?

Says the guy who cant help it....

UnWantedTheory
11-28-2018, 03:05 AM
This is a weak comparison/justification for Trumps incompetence and you know it.

DMC
11-28-2018, 09:03 AM
This is a weak comparison/justification for Trumps incompetence and you know it.

Why do people act surprised every time he illustrates that he doesn't know much about much? He's a blowhard, it's not even in question. He's not polished enough for the political spotlight but he obviously doesn't have to be to win.

UnWantedTheory
11-30-2018, 02:12 AM
Why do people act surprised every time he illustrates that he doesn't know much about much? He's a blowhard, it's not even in question. He's not polished enough for the political spotlight but he obviously doesn't have to be to win.

I'm not surprised by him at all. I'm surprised that his base doesn't realize what you stated. That is also why he doesn't have to be polished or competent. They simply don't care so long as they win.

FrostKing
11-30-2018, 02:59 AM
I'm not surprised by him at all. I'm surprised that his base doesn't realize what you stated. That is also why he doesn't have to be polished or competent. They simply don't care so long as they win.
Losing = being targeted by the left for our skin color

RandomGuy
11-30-2018, 08:43 AM

"but her emails" :rollin

Fucking simp.

RandomGuy
11-30-2018, 08:44 AM

No one is surprised, except the fanboy cult, which was kind of the point.

DMC
11-30-2018, 09:21 AM

They knew this and they know it now. They just preferred him to the alternative. The country had busted pipes in the basement, they didn't care how well the plumber spoke.

DMC
11-30-2018, 09:26 AM
"but her emails" :rollin

Fucking simp.

Clinton told the FBI that she did not know what the "(C)" meant at the beginning of the paragraphs and speculated it was a reference to paragraphs marked in alphabetical order — something she reiterated in ABC's exclusive interview.

Fucking simple RG wanted to promote her to POTUS knowing this about her.

UnWantedTheory
11-30-2018, 05:19 PM
Clinton told the FBI that she did not know what the "(C)" meant at the beginning of the paragraphs and speculated it was a reference to paragraphs marked in alphabetical order — something she reiterated in ABC's exclusive interview.

Fucking simple RG wanted to promote her to POTUS knowing this about her. We all know that was a bullshit excuse. The email story was always a distraction and very unimportant.

UnWantedTheory
11-30-2018, 05:28 PM
They knew this and they know it now. They just preferred him to the alternative. The country had busted pipes in the basement, they didn't care how well the plumber spoke.
Yet they voted for a demolishinist not a plumber. I also think that is a bullshit excuse for assholes to justify voting for an incompetent extremist. A majority of his base didn't vote for him because they disliked her either. It could have been anyone and so long as there was (D) at the end of their name they were voting Trump. They loved the hard right wing crazy shit he was spewing as those types live to be afraid and hate. It was all so very natural for them.

DMC
11-30-2018, 06:52 PM
We all know that was a bullshit excuse. The email story was always a distraction and very unimportant.

Everything to do with the left's transgressions are unimportant to the left.

Stormy Daniels, that's what's important.

DMC
11-30-2018, 06:52 PM
Yet they voted for a demolishinist not a plumber. I also think that is a bullshit excuse for assholes to justify voting for an incompetent extremist. A majority of his base didn't vote for him because they disliked her either. It could have been anyone and so long as there was (D) at the end of their name they were voting Trump. They loved the hard right wing crazy shit he was spewing as those types live to be afraid and hate. It was all so very natural for them.

Every 4 years you get a shot at it. You missed. Try again. Obviously a lot of people disagree with you.

Spurtacular
11-30-2018, 09:57 PM

You're the extremist, bruh. The American people got tired of the globalist scam. That's why Trump is in office. Only an idiot wants to believe (let alone believes) this is something done on the fringe. That's not even mathematically possible.

UnWantedTheory
12-01-2018, 02:05 AM
Everything to do with the left's transgressions are unimportant to the left.

Stormy Daniels, that's what's important.

Yet Republican transgressions are cheered and spun into victories regardless of what they are.

UnWantedTheory
12-01-2018, 02:07 AM
Every 4 years you get a shot at it. You missed. Try again. Obviously a lot of people disagree with you.
I didn't care for either much but I call a spade a spade. I chose not to cut of my nose to spite my face like the retards.

UnWantedTheory
12-01-2018, 02:09 AM
You're the extremist, bruh. The American people got tired of the globalist scam. That's why Trump is in office. Only an idiot wants to believe (let alone believes) this is something done on the fringe. That's not even mathematically possible.

Lmao. Give me a break. A majority of you tards don't know what globalism is or how it began. I also didn't say it was done on the fringe. I said you fucking idiots vote (R) regardless of who it is.

DMC
12-01-2018, 09:47 AM
Yet Republican transgressions are cheered and spun into victories regardless of what they are.

Yes. MSM fawns all over the GOP

DMC
12-01-2018, 09:48 AM
I didn't care for either much but I call a spade a spade. I chose not to cut of my nose to spite my face like the retards.

Not sure how this responds to what I posted. If you didn't vote at all, you're like me and just turning your nose up at the entire process.