PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Ranking the 20 greatest players to ever play for the Lakers

Fabbs
11-27-2018, 09:17 PM
Bear in mind the criteria is only that they played for the Lakers at any time. Example LeBron, Robert Horry, The Mailpuss.
As well as career/longtime Flamers like Jerry West.
Writer must have been a hetero.
Kirby and Aids lovers you are not going to like this.

https://hoopshype.com/2018/07/02/los-angeles-lakers-lebron-james-best-players-in-franchise-history/13/

Fabbs
11-27-2018, 09:32 PM
20 Lamar Kardashian (formerly Odom)
19 Jamaal Wilkes
18 Gail Goodrich
17 Denise Rodman
16 James Worthy
15 Bob McAdoo
14 Dwight Howard
13 Gary Payton
12 Pao Gasol
11 Steve Nash
10 George Mikan
09 Elgin Baylor
08 Jerry West
07 Karl Malone
06 Kirby Bryant
05 Shaq Oneal
04 Magic Johnson
03 Wilt Chamberlin
02 Kream Jabbar
01 LeBron James

from article

Fabbs
11-27-2018, 09:37 PM
stunning omission:
Robert Horry.

Somewhat surprising omission:
Derek Swisher.

Even with the Swisher omission, notice how the Lakers lead in proclivities:
Rodman
Dwight
Kirby
Majic

Bynumite
11-27-2018, 09:51 PM
Stick to tmz related threads, Faggs.

Fabbs
11-27-2018, 09:59 PM
Stick to tmz related threads, Faggs.
Oh the Lakers are pure TMZ.

Keep bumping.

ambchang
11-27-2018, 10:43 PM
How can Howard ever be considered better than worthy or even rodman? The guy had like a few good years and was a cancer the rest of his career.

Even as a cancer, rodman contributed.

Spurtacular
11-27-2018, 10:58 PM
Bear in mind the criteria is only that they played for the Lakers at any time.

Stupid criteria. It should be based on contributions to the team. But this article needed Lebron hits I'm sure.

That said, it's needless because an argument could be made that Lebron is already top twenty for bringing back excitement and keeping the team's financials very strong.

Spurtacular
11-28-2018, 02:34 AM
20 Lamar Kardashian (formerly Odom)
19 Jamaal Wilkes
18 Gail Goodrich
17 Denise Rodman
16 James Worthy
15 Bob McAdoo
14 Dwight Howard
13 Gary Payton
12 Pao Gasol
11 Steve Nash
10 George Mikan
09 Elgin Baylor
08 Jerry West
07 Karl Malone
06 Kirby Bryant
05 Shaq Oneal
04 Magic Johnson
03 Wilt Chamberlin
02 Kream Jabbar
01 LeBron James

from article

Whoever wrote that doesn't know shit.

Killakobe81
11-28-2018, 09:43 AM
Whoever wrote that doesn't know shit.

I agree but the DPOTY awards and counting numbers are going to favor Dwert over Worthy and is teh list based on them at their peak or as Lakers if as lakers Wilt and Bron are way to high ...if taking career as a whole McAdoo is over Pau and and dwight tbh

Fabbs
11-28-2018, 09:48 AM
...if taking career as a whole
yes it's careers as a whole.

Spurtacular
11-28-2018, 09:53 AM
I agree but the DPOTY awards and counting numbers are going to favor Dwert over Worthy and is teh list based on them at their peak or as Lakers if as lakers Wilt and Bron are way to high ...if taking career as a whole McAdoo is over Pau and and dwight tbh

OP said criteria not based on Lakers career but overall. Pau over McAdoo. He alpha dog'd Lakers to two rings. And Dwight shit vs. arguably best Laker of the 80's.

Fabbs
11-28-2018, 10:06 AM
OP said criteria not based on Lakers career but overall. Pau over McAdoo. He alpha dog'd Lakers to two rings. And Dwight shit vs. arguably best Laker of the 80's.
Lighten up Francis.

HarlemHeat37
11-28-2018, 10:29 AM
Lighten up Francis.

:lol

Killakobe81
11-28-2018, 12:35 PM

Pau was never an Alpha, stop ...
MCadoo ws never as key to a Tittel as Pau was but Pau was also never good enough to carry Grizz to a playoff win or lead the NBA in scoring like McAdoo did.

Chucho
11-28-2018, 04:07 PM
Pau was but Pau was also never good enough to carry Grizz to a playoff win .

He sure was good enough to carry The Greatest Beta Ever to a pair of titles.

Laker_1995
11-28-2018, 05:38 PM
He sure was good enough to carry The Greatest Beta Ever to a pair of titles.

just like manu helped Duncan win more ? Without manu TD don’t get 5.

Chucho
11-28-2018, 05:52 PM
just like manu helped Duncan win more ? Without manu TD don’t get 5.

Without Manu, Tim still would have never missed the playoffs. Without Pau carrying Rapey McRapeFace like the luggage he is, Rapey McRapeFace never wins another playoff series in his career.

That's the difference between a Top 10 All-Timer and an over rated chucker who is borderline top 30 at best.

Spurtacular
11-28-2018, 06:30 PM
MCadoo ws never as key to a Tittel as Pau was but Pau was also never good enough to carry Grizz to a playoff win or lead the NBA in scoring like McAdoo did.

Pau leads teams to 50+ wins and makes Lakers champions. Kobe takes 30 more shots at 38 than Shaq shooting 63 FG b/c he was desperate to be alpha, basically ending Shaq's career in LA. He then was under .500 til Pau came to town an alpha'd them to rings. Or are you saying Kobe's 7-28 Game 7 is what makes the difference. "STOP"

Mr. Body
11-28-2018, 08:12 PM
Smush Parker
Nick Young

Killakobe81
11-28-2018, 08:51 PM
Pau leads teams to 50+ wins and makes Lakers champions. Kobe takes 30 more shots at 38 than Shaq shooting 63 FG b/c he was desperate to be alpha, basically ending Shaq's career in LA. He then was under .500 til Pau came to town an alpha'd them to rings. Or are you saying Kobe's 7-28 Game 7 is what makes the difference. "STOP"

I'm not gonna argue Kobe because I stopped that when he retired... But Pau is a great support player an elite #2..
But if you think he is an alpha you are trolling or don't know what it means... WORTHY was a great player too and the best scorer on a college and pro team... Doesnt make him an Alpha... Stop the madness

Chucho
11-28-2018, 08:58 PM
I'm not gonna argue Kobe because I stopped that when he retired... But Pau is a great support player an elite #2..
But if you think he is an alpha you are trolling or don't know what it means... WORTHY was a great player too and the best scorer on a college and pro team... Doesnt make him an Alpha... Stop the madness

You cant argue it because Derp is actually 100% correct.

Nope, but combine an elite big man who makes the Triangle work and the Greatest Beta Ever, the elite big man carried the GBE to his rings. That is the common theme in Brick McRapist's over rated, inefficient career.

Paul did more heavy lifting in his career than Kobe ever did and his teams did better when he was the "the guy".

Killakobe81
11-29-2018, 12:21 AM
You cant argue it because Derp is actually 100% correct.

Nope, but combine an elite big man who makes the Triangle work and the Greatest Beta Ever, the elite big man carried the GBE to his rings. That is the common theme in Brick McRapist's over rated, inefficient career.

Paul did more heavy lifting in his career than Kobe ever did and his teams did better when he was the "the guy".

Nope only on Spurstalk and the house of Gasol maybe is this even considered a narrative... Anything you have seen leadership wise from Pau the past few seasons that screams alpha?!
Nicca please I guess the past few seasons KL as your "alpha" has you all fucked up...

Plus Kobe won playoff games post Shaq and PreGasol... Pau was getting swept so don't be obtuse.. Kobe needed Pau and sure as hell Gasol needed Kobe he ain't ever accomplished shit without him... In the NBA

DMC
11-29-2018, 12:25 AM
David Stern

RsxPiimp
11-29-2018, 12:26 AM
David Stern

https://media.giphy.com/media/9wVfv6iIIhCda/giphy.gif

FrostKing
11-29-2018, 12:54 AM
1. Kareem
2. Magic
3. Wilt
4a. Shaq
4b. Kobe
6. James

Killakobe81
11-29-2018, 12:58 AM
1. Kareem
2. Magic
3. Wilt
4a. Shaq
4b. Kobe
6. James

Fair list I would move Bron up a bit

Spurtacular
11-29-2018, 12:59 AM
But if you think he is an alpha you are trolling or don't know what it means...

The numbers show that you jack off to Kobe to this day. Pau alpha'd the Lakers. Kobe is the most over-rated chucker of all-time. He's Wizards Jordan Plus at best, bruh.

Laker_1995
11-29-2018, 01:15 AM
Without Manu, Tim still would have never missed the playoffs. Without Pau carrying Rapey McRapeFace like the luggage he is, Rapey McRapeFace never wins another playoff series in his career.

That's the difference between a Top 10 All-Timer and an over rated chucker who is borderline top 30 at best.

If we’re talking about the spurs it’s title or nothing. POP and TD we’re either going for the ring or nothing. 30 is reaching I would say Kobe is prolly top 15. Just accept it man lol

Killakobe81
11-29-2018, 06:04 AM
The numbers show that you jack off to Kobe to this day. Pau alpha'd the Lakers. Kobe is the most over-rated chucker of all-time. He's Wizards Jordan Plus at best, bruh.

Dude stfu, yal Niccas obsession with him is sad like some ptsd domestic violence bitches. He is gone... He can't hurt you no more. Let it go. Let it go.

Spurtacular
11-29-2018, 09:27 AM
Dude stfu, yal Niccas obsession with him is sad like some ptsd domestic violence bitches. He is gone... He can't hurt you no more. Let it go. Let it go.

Wizards Jordan, bruh.

Killakobe81
11-29-2018, 10:34 AM
Wizards Jordan, bruh.

Sure, I really dont care.
I have my curent team to worry about idgaf if he is Wizards level jordan, sure ...great take!!!
None of that makes Pau an alpha ...hell. we can leave Achilles out of it, doesnt mean you understand what an alpha is. if you think Pau is one.
He is actually the opposite ...doesnt make him any less great.
A high level #2 player who was a #1 on playoff team and #2 on two title teams just like Achilles was #2 on three before that, no shame in it.

Chucho
11-29-2018, 11:22 AM
KK81 mad that his name sake just isn't great as he thinks. Deal with it, move on.

Spurtacular
11-29-2018, 11:28 AM
Sure, I really dont care.
I have my curent team to worry about idgaf if he is Wizards level jordan, sure ...great take!!!
None of that makes Pau an alpha ...hell. we can leave Achilles out of it, doesnt mean you understand what an alpha is. if you think Pau is one.
He is actually the opposite ...doesnt make him any less great.
A high level #2 player who was a #1 on playoff team and #2 on two title teams just like Achilles was #2 on three before that, no shame in it.

Of course pau was alpha. Youve been shown the numbers on 09 and 10. And Billups even admitted that their gameplan in 04 was for Kobe to shoot the lakers out of the series. :lol

Killakobe81
11-29-2018, 12:46 PM
KK81 mad that his name sake just isn't great as he thinks. Deal with it, move on.

Nope Spurfan mad that their spin doesnt work ...
Deal with it and move on ...
Only thing im mad at hoops-wise is that my LAkers lost to Orlando at home ...

FrostKing
11-29-2018, 02:43 PM
Fair list I would move Bron up a bit
Okay, I'm gonna make a list of players I watched in their prime

1. Magic
2. Shaq
3. Kobe
4. James
5. Malone
6. Nash
7. Rodman
8. Payton
9. Gasol
10. Mitch Richmond
11. Howard
12. Van Exel
13. Horry
14. Odom

ambchang
11-29-2018, 03:57 PM
Nope only on Spurstalk and the house of Gasol maybe is this even considered a narrative... Anything you have seen leadership wise from Pau the past few seasons that screams alpha?!
Nicca please I guess the past few seasons KL as your "alpha" has you all fucked up...

Plus Kobe won playoff games post Shaq and PreGasol... Pau was getting swept so don't be obtuse.. Kobe needed Pau and sure as hell Gasol needed Kobe he ain't ever accomplished shit without him... In the NBA

I agree MVPau has alpha talent and beta mindset. Kobe’s got beta talent and alpha mindset. They compliment each other.

That said the entire lakers offense and defense was geared inside out to take care of their immense size advantage over other teams. It was designed around MVPau.

And what’s the obsession about sweeps?

There are two main reasons to be swept:
A) your alpha is so mentally weak or your team is so young that the team folds under adversity. We saw that with the young shaq lakers or magic team;
B) the team is so overmatched that there isn’t a reasonable way to even win a game. I think the MVPau grizzlies fall under this camp.

If a team gets to win a few games in a series, it means that they can compete, and either just got outplayed, or the alpha doesn’t have the ability to carry the team through. Of course there are those epic moments where two alpha just duke it out and the better team wins, but those are in days with better parity. We see that with the magic vs birds and the Thomas vs Jordan games where the teams are just evenly matched.

KobeScored81
11-29-2018, 06:34 PM
1. Kobe
2. Magic
3. Kareem
4. Shaq
5. LeBron

as Lakers

Silver&Black
11-29-2018, 07:51 PM
Lighten up Francis.

Any of you guys call me Francis.....

and I'll kill ya.

namlook
12-02-2018, 12:24 AM
Lebron #1 on the list with 3 rings makes no sense.

BD24
12-03-2018, 12:51 AM
Smush Parker
Nick Young
You forgot
Chris Mihm
Adam Morrison
Kwame Brown

Fabbs
12-03-2018, 10:54 AM
Lebron #1 on the list with 3 rings makes no sense.
So to you Jerry West being on the list also makes no sense.

namlook
12-09-2018, 05:09 AM
So to you Jerry West being on the list also makes no sense.

Why would I think West shouldn't be on the list because I think Lebron isn't #1? That's illogical. One doesn't have anything to do with the other.

LkrFan
12-09-2018, 11:52 AM
Bear in mind the criteria is only that they played for the Lakers at any time. Example LeBron, Robert Horry, The Mailpuss.
As well as career/longtime Flamers like Jerry West.
Writer must have been a hetero.
Kirby and Aids lovers you are not going to like this.

https://hoopshype.com/2018/07/02/los-angeles-lakers-lebron-james-best-players-in-franchise-history/13/

It's too bad T-Mac never donned the P&G
:lol

Fabbs
12-10-2018, 07:11 PM
Why would I think West shouldn't be on the list because I think Lebron isn't #1? That's illogical. One doesn't have anything to do with the other.
Oh.
So where would you rate LeBron and West?