PDA

View Full Version : OT: Kawhi MVP Chances Fading

Spurtacular
11-27-2018, 10:56 PM
He's now on the wrong side of 25 ppg and he still doesn't make plays for teammates (3 assists per game). He's not exactly tearing it up on defense either to make the two-way player argument either. Most would probably venture he won't play enough games either in the first place.....

ambchang
11-27-2018, 11:02 PM
He will get all d votes based on reputation. dPoY and all d teams have historically been pretty horribly off.

LkrFan
11-27-2018, 11:18 PM
He's now on the wrong side of 25 ppg and he still doesn't make plays for teammates (3 assists per game). He's not exactly tearing it up on defense either to make the two-way player argument either. Most would probably venture he won't play enough games either in the first place.....

Raps >> Sp*rs tbh

JakeCuenca
11-27-2018, 11:27 PM
Leonard was averaging 23ppg at 5 rebounds in the Leonard-Harden-Westbrook 2016 season at around this time of the year.

Hes averaging 24.2 9 Rebounds and 3 Assist.

His raw stats are all career highs except for points. And he only averaged 25.3 in 2016.

Op :lol..

His biggest obstacle is resting games via Dennis decision.

K...
11-27-2018, 11:33 PM
I suspect pop could kill his chances by just subtly reminding people that it's counter intuitive to reward a quitter after such a huge failure of character. The resting doesn't help. And the free agency drama is going to get worse too. Dude is gonna rest more down the stretch and find a way to miss the playoffs. Probably follows Dwight into fetish seeking.

Rusty
11-27-2018, 11:34 PM
^ OP btfo:lol

AaronY
11-27-2018, 11:35 PM
Would still kill all of you posting here to have him back on the Spurs

HarlemHeat37
11-27-2018, 11:35 PM
Giannis will probably win IMO..

Mr. Body
11-27-2018, 11:48 PM
He's not a marquee guy. Just no personality.

No one gives a shit about Toronto.

I don't know if the league wants to reward a quitter and crybaby who forces a trade for no reason.

___

I don't see LeBron getting it. His team kind of sucks.

I don't see anyone on the Warriors getting it.

Harden is out, his team sucks.

People are over Westbrook at this point.

___

Dunno who does win it. Greek Freak, I guess. But also no one cares about Milwaukee. At least it's an American city.

DMC
11-27-2018, 11:50 PM
Too early to know. We'll know by the break, at least have a list of 5.

Arcadian
11-27-2018, 11:53 PM
He peaked in 2016-17

JakeCuenca
11-27-2018, 11:59 PM
Another thing to remember, Leonards standard is way too high now. Hes not going to get rewarded for 25ppg fpr 60 win team.

Players like Giannis are 23. And they're not held at a very high standard. If they see him win 55 games. Thats enough of a wow factor to sway the votes.

Lebron should probably win if they make the playoffs though, but he wont. The Lakers is a one man team. The Bucks is really all about Bud and the raptors is 9 deep.

JakeCuenca
11-28-2018, 12:00 AM
Still Leonard should have won his mvp in 2016. I think its time the media is stripped of that priviliage. I suppose you have to make Unathletic white nerds feel special somehow.

JakeCuenca
11-28-2018, 12:07 AM
Also Bucks is only one game ahead of the 6th seed in the loss column. Its way too early for shit like this.

I think a mpre interesting award this year is Rookie of the year but I suspect Doncic skin colour automaticlly gets him the trophy.

Also, is there even a DPOY candidate this year? Gobert, Kawhi,Draymond arently exactly playing DPOY level defense so far in the season.

SAGirl
11-28-2018, 12:15 AM
Also Bucks is only one game ahead of the 6th seed in the loss column. Its way too early for shit like this.

I think a mpre interesting award this year is Rookie of the year but I suspect Doncic skin colour automaticlly gets him the trophy.

Also, is there even a DPOY candidate this year? Gobert, Kawhi,Draymond arently exactly playing DPOY level defense so far in the season.

its also too early for rookie of the year but Doncic definitely looks like the guy. Ayton is dominant but his team has sucked. Doncic has made the Mavs better. My favorite is JJJ but he’s the rawest prospect of the 3 and the foul trouble kills his minutes and opportunities in some high profile games. Which is why I think he’s under the radar at times.

I think you are right and Kawhi’s season was 2016-17, but also in that the Uncle Dennis rest plan torpedoes him. His team is still pretty good without him.

Bynumite
11-28-2018, 12:20 AM
If anything Kiwi should be rewarded for proving he's not a Poop system player.

Poop is the one getting exposed without Kiwi, not vice-versa, hence the salty comments from Poop.

JakeCuenca
11-28-2018, 12:21 AM
its also too early for rookie of the year but Doncic definitely looks like the guy. Ayton is dominant but his team has sucked. Doncic has made the Mavs better. My favorite is JJJ but he’s the rawest prospect of the 3 and the foul trouble kills his minutes and opportunities in some high profile games. Which is why I think he’s under the radar at times.

I think you are right and Kawhi’s season was 2016-17, but also in that the Uncle Dennis rest plan torpedoes him. His team is still pretty good without him.

The team argument is silly since Giannis is practiclly a first rounder and a 7th seeder minus Bud, Middleton. The bucks is a deep team.

JJJ is not going to win simply because the grizz play at a slower pace so his raw stats wont pop out. Doncic probably wins it. He looks pretty confident for a 19 year old.

Dennis and Kawhi dont care for MVPs. They want that max badly.

JakeCuenca
11-28-2018, 12:22 AM

Poop is the one getting exposed without Kiwi, not vice-versa, hence the salty comments from Poop.

I'm surprised thats not a narrative thats being thrown around.

Leonard really has the worst managment team :lol. Jesus. The level of bad is just hilarious. :lol

Fabbs
11-28-2018, 12:24 AM
18-4 and #1 seed I'm sure he really doesn't care.

SAGirl
11-28-2018, 12:29 AM

It’s not just Kawhi, but Kawhi is a great player so he suffered the most from getting his greatness attributed to Pop and getting that stigma.

A lot of former Spurs roleplayers are doing pretty well around the league. These are guys that other teams and GMs wondered whether they would work outside the Spurs and they are just fine and useful players elsewhere. Of course none is a star, but frankly there was once debate among Spursfans whether Danny would work outside the Spurs. Turns out he can shoot anywhere after all. Spurs system was actually detrimental to his game the past few years.

If anything it’s proven to me Pop really got too much credit for actually the FO having drafted well and players developed well.

Chucho
11-28-2018, 12:38 AM

I don't know if the league wants to reward a quitter and crybaby who forces a trade for no reason.

___

I don't see LeBron getting it. His team kind of sucks.

I don't see anyone on the Warriors getting it.

Harden is out, his team sucks.

People are over Westbrook at this point.

___

Dunno who does win it. Greek Freak, I guess. But also no one cares about Milwaukee. At least it's an American city.

It's Tobias Harris by a fair distance right now. The West is a parity fest but that'll happen when you have competent front offices and don't get 50 games a season against tank fests and incompetent GMing. Tobias has the Clips on top and NO ONE saw that happening at all. Nobody had them in the top 12 in the West. If they get a play off seed and he holds his stats, he's the objective MVP, plain and simple. His scoring is a little low, but his FG and 3FG percentages are great.

Unfortunately the NBA is a faggot league because Adam Silver stole the Dana White playbook by trying to be the WWE, so it's never objective. They couldn't give two shits about 90% of it's markets, which works in Tobias' favor since he's in LA, but knowing the WWENBA, this award will go to Fagbrook once he starts stat padding again and his squad finishes top 4.

In reality, it's Tobias right now, but that's not sexy enough for the WWENBA. It'll be either Fagbrook, Kang (if they get a playoff seed and the Clips fall off) or Leonard with a Golden State dyke as a fair chanced darkhorse.

Chucho
11-28-2018, 12:39 AM
It’s not just Kawhi, but Kawhi is a great player so he suffered the most from getting his greatness attributed to Pop and getting that stigma.

A lot of former Spurs roleplayers are doing pretty well around the league. These are guys that other teams and GMs wondered whether they would work outside the Spurs and they are just fine and useful players elsewhere. Of course none is a star, but frankly there was once debate among Spursfans whether Danny would work outside the Spurs. Turns out he can shoot anywhere after all. Spurs system was actually detrimental to his game the past few years.

If anything it’s proven to me Pop really got too much credit for actually the FO having drafted well and players developed well.

I don't think you know what "a lot" means.

SAGirl
11-28-2018, 12:52 AM
I don't think you know what "a lot" means.
Of unretired former Spurs active players, most of them are doing quite well.

Chucho
11-28-2018, 01:00 AM
Of unretired former Spurs active players, most of them are doing quite well.

Danny and Tony are doing no better than they were here. And Kyle Anderson is still worthless and LOL @ Jon Simmons. Who else?

SAGirl
11-28-2018, 01:09 AM
Danny and Tony are doing no better than they were here. And Kyle Anderson is still worthless and LOL @ Jon Simmons. Who else?
Baynes CoJo... not saying they are better elsewhere just that they are just playing just as well as they did in the Spurs elsewhere that’s pretty easy to see. In Danny’s case better than he’s played in over 3 seasons.

Chucho
11-28-2018, 01:15 AM
Baynes CoJo... not saying they are better elsewhere just that they are just playing just as well as they did in the Spurs elsewhere that’s pretty easy to see. In Danny’s case better than he’s played in over 3 seasons.

Doing "just as well" isn't the same as "quite well". Why couldn't a rotation player make it just as well on another team? You sell a lot of these guys short.

hitmanyr2k
11-28-2018, 01:22 AM
Kawhi isn't going to get MVP when he's sitting out games and his team still wins comfortably without him.

Chucho
11-28-2018, 01:32 AM
Kawhi isn't going to get MVP when he's sitting out games and his team still wins comfortably without him.

That's the benefit of playing in the East. Easily the most ignored elephant in the room in regards to sports media. LeBron isnt GOAT if he played in the West before molesting a bunch of prepubesecent Eastern teams en route to a shameful Finals record.

Spurtacular
11-28-2018, 02:24 AM
18-4 and #1 seed I'm sure he really doesn't care.

Yea, regular season champions is much better than an MVP.

:lmao

midnightpulp
11-28-2018, 05:50 AM
He's not even All Star level this season. +1.57 RPM, and a measly +0.25 DPRM. Maybe now Spurfan and Kawhi fanboys will finally see what I saw the last two seasons as Kawhi transitioned from a killer all-around player into trying to be the next Jordan/Kobe. He ball stops. He's too mid-range dependent (his percentage of attempts from the midrange are the highest they ever been). Relatively poor dribble drive game. I used to argue blue in the face with the likes of YGHWI and those that wanted to see Kawhi drop 30 every night that he would be a much better overall player if he were B on offense (20-21ppg range) and just continued wreaking havoc on the defensive end. But Kawhi thinks he's a Jordan, Durant, Lebron level offensive talent. He isn't. Doesn't mean he can't be an MVP level player, but that's going to take a recommitment to defense and knowing his role on offense.

dontouchmebwo
11-28-2018, 07:52 AM
The Raptors are 18-4, on pace to set a franchise record in wins, you gotta be stupid to not consider him as an MVP.

He's scoring 24ppg, grabbing a career high 8.6 rpg, 3 assists, 1.8 steals, in just 33mpg. He's almost averaging a double double, and his teammates are largely having career years because of him.

in2deep
11-28-2018, 07:53 AM
Would still kill all of you posting here to have him back on the Spurs

I would kill you to keep him away

HarlemHeat37
11-28-2018, 10:27 AM
The Raptors are 18-4, on pace to set a franchise record in wins, you gotta be stupid to not consider him as an MVP.

He's scoring 24ppg, grabbing a career high 8.6 rpg, 3 assists, 1.8 steals, in just 33mpg. He's almost averaging a double double, and his teammates are largely having career years because of him.

:lol

Where is this coming from?

lefty
11-28-2018, 12:57 PM

DMC
11-28-2018, 02:05 PM

He's only playing half the games.

midnightpulp
11-28-2018, 03:15 PM

:lol He's having a subpar year. I agree Pop's mythical system had no impact on his game, it's more him thinking he's Jordan and not knowing his role as a Scottie Pippen on steroids.

Fabbs
11-28-2018, 03:28 PM
meh NBAs 82 game schedule is nothing but a money making scam anyways.
50-55 games is plenty to determine seeds and then we would see more games with both teams going all out the whole game.

As far as the *old school were so much tougher* I remember an interview with Magic saying the 82 game schedule was way too much.
Ok maybe that fag is not the best example but still. I'll bet most players would be down with a shorter season unless it affected their money.

dontouchmebwo
11-29-2018, 05:04 AM
:lol

Where is this coming from?

Have you seen him play this year? Defenses are focused on him giving his other teammates room to operate, his rebounding has been as good as it gets, he's averaging around 10 per 36. He's been almost unstoppable when he gets the ball.

At some point you have to look at their 18-4 record and realize how good Kawhi is.

dontouchmebwo
11-29-2018, 05:07 AM
:lol He's having a subpar year. I agree Pop's mythical system had no impact on his game, it's more him thinking he's Jordan and not knowing his role as a Scottie Pippen on steroids.

His stats are slightly below his regular average and that's largely due to not playing ball in about 2 years, joining a brand new team, and not even knowing the offense which he admitted to. Raps are 18-4 and Kawhi has the highest winning % in NBA history.

HarlemHeat37
11-29-2018, 08:14 AM
Have you seen him play this year? Defenses are focused on him giving his other teammates room to operate, his rebounding has been as good as it gets, he's averaging around 10 per 36. He's been almost unstoppable when he gets the ball.

At some point you have to look at their 18-4 record and realize how good Kawhi is.

I've been to all their home games but one, you'd have to be quite the homer to claim that he's been anywhere near unstoppable:lol

Also, his teammates have been doing great even when he doesn't play..

resistanze
11-29-2018, 08:28 AM
:lol Kawhi has looked subpar compared to his last healthy year, not sure what this dude is talking about. The Raps are loaded with talent and as HH said above, have won without him. Of course, his worth will come playoff time, but MVP is a regular season award and he's not even in my top 5.

DMC
11-29-2018, 08:54 AM
If they were losing without him, that's one thing. It's not happening. That really shits on any MVP consideration when a dude can miss half the games and the team not falter.

MultiTroll
11-29-2018, 09:30 AM
The media award is given to the truly most valuable player about what, 15% of the time?
Timmy Duncan only getting it twice. :spin

So WGAF. If Kwa's in the top 5 and the Raptors reach the Finals it's a super successful MVP type season for him.

Othyus Lalanne
11-29-2018, 12:30 PM
I suspect pop could kill his chances by just subtly reminding people that it's counter intuitive to reward a quitter after such a huge failure of character. The resting doesn't help. And the free agency drama is going to get worse too. Dude is gonna rest more down the stretch and find a way to miss the playoffs. Probably follows Dwight into fetish seeking.

Present your Zapruder tape proving that Kawhi was in the wrong.

Harden

Houston.

Still Leonard should have won his mvp in 2016. I think its time the media is stripped of that priviliage. I suppose you have to make Unathletic white nerds feel special somehow.

I have no idea what is the second sentence about?

Simmons was hurt, working himself back into NBA bball.

TDfan2007
11-29-2018, 03:34 PM
He's not even All Star level this season. +1.57 RPM, and a measly +0.25 DPRM. Maybe now Spurfan and Kawhi fanboys will finally see what I saw the last two seasons as Kawhi transitioned from a killer all-around player into trying to be the next Jordan/Kobe. He ball stops. He's too mid-range dependent (his percentage of attempts from the midrange are the highest they ever been). Relatively poor dribble drive game. I used to argue blue in the face with the likes of YGHWI and those that wanted to see Kawhi drop 30 every night that he would be a much better overall player if he were B on offense (20-21ppg range) and just continued wreaking havoc on the defensive end. But Kawhi thinks he's a Jordan, Durant, Lebron level offensive talent. He isn't. Doesn't mean he can't be an MVP level player, but that's going to take a recommitment to defense and knowing his role on offense.

Kawhi lacks the dribble penetration ability and explosiveness that made those guys GOATS, but he's still elite. To say he's not an all star level guy this year is a stretch...and I can't stand the guy.

I'm more curious to see how he holds up. His shooting percentage has taken a hit this year. I wonder how much of that is the looks he's getting vs. subtle decline. Either way, I'm rooting against him

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-29-2018, 05:42 PM
If Toronto finishes with the league's best record he'll likely be in the top 3 in voting.

He's playing well. It appears that he's not as explosive this year, but that might just be him protecting his leg a bit. Giannis is probably #1 at this point, but based on how Toronto is playing, but I think KL should be considered no lower than top 5. I'll be curious to see how his season plays out, how the Raptors do in the playoffs, and what his value will look like this off season. He becomes a bigger gamble for a long-term max deal if he's exposed as not elite, or if he doesn't stay healthy. Although the way some teams hand out contracts I'm sure he'll get paid.

dbreiden83080
11-29-2018, 08:32 PM
Still sitting out way too many games. His numbers in terms of scoring would have to go up a little bit. The second half of the season he needs to not sit out and put up some big numbers.

DAF86
11-29-2018, 08:45 PM

Raptors were a 60 wins team last season without Kawhi. Why should we give Kawhi extra credit for their record? Specially when they have been killing it on the many games Kawhi has sitted too.

midnightpulp
11-29-2018, 09:44 PM
Kawhi lacks the dribble penetration ability and explosiveness that made those guys GOATS, but he's still elite. To say he's not an all star level guy this year is a stretch...and I can't stand the guy.

I'm more curious to see how he holds up. His shooting percentage has taken a hit this year. I wonder how much of that is the looks he's getting vs. subtle decline. Either way, I'm rooting against him

The per game stats are all-star level, but the on court impact just isn't there yet. Leonard and his "team" are definitely a bag of bitches, but I don't really have sour grapes, so there's no ulterior motive (i.e. Lakers fans who are clamoring for him think we Spurs fans will downplay Leonard's ability to make ourselves feel better). 1.25 RPM just isn't noteworthy. Looks like he's playing well tonight, but it's one game.

ambchang
11-29-2018, 10:42 PM
Kawhi’s ws/48 is the lowest since his third year in the league (not counting last year of course due to sample size) and his BPM is the lowest in his career. His three point shooting, which was what allowed him that quantum leap a few years ago, has regressed. He is shoot a lot more twos and at a lower percentage than before so it’s almost laughable to suggest the pop system is overrated.

His defense is nowhere close to his peak and his play making has not improved. He’s still clearly an all star caliber player but he isn’t close to his peak before his injury and will likely take some time to fully play himself back to that level.

Unless he really turns it around next year, Kawhi is playing more like Paul George than Lebron

11-29-2018, 10:51 PM
Raptors are playing much better without him to this point in the season, but the "beautiful game" doesn't win playoff series as we've seen over and over. They'll have to live or die by KawhISOs, whether they like it or not.

JakeCuenca
11-29-2018, 10:59 PM
Raptors are playing much better without him to this point in the season, but the "beautiful game" doesn't win playoff series as we've seen over and over. They'll have to live or die by KawhISOs, whether they like it or not.

They practiclly iso kawhi in end game situation. Nurse lets him handle all decision making in the 4th. Durant was just playing like a DPOY candidate in the 4th.

He was clutch defensively tonight and just moved the ball.

Fabbs
11-29-2018, 11:00 PM
Definitely not back to 100% of his peak.

Either physical or mental, but he is 90% at best. More like 85% to me.
Passing up shots he would have definitely dunked in his peak.
3 on 2 bread on after a Golden Phaggot turnover and he slows down, pulls up and passes it. Had drive/dunk written all over it.

dontouchmebwo
11-30-2018, 06:56 AM
I've been to all their home games but one, you'd have to be quite the homer to claim that he's been anywhere near unstoppable:lol

Also, his teammates have been doing great even when he doesn't play..

:lol Kawhi has looked subpar compared to his last healthy year, not sure what this dude is talking about. The Raps are loaded with talent and as HH said above, have won without him. Of course, his worth will come playoff time, but MVP is a regular season award and he's not even in my top 5.

If they were losing without him, that's one thing. It's not happening. That really shits on any MVP consideration when a dude can miss half the games and the team not falter.

Raptors were a 60 wins team last season without Kawhi. Why should we give Kawhi extra credit for their record? Specially when they have been killing it on the many games Kawhi has sitted too.

Here we go again with the "Raptors won a handful of games without him so he's not that good", people were saying the same thing with the Spurs, "Do you know what the Spurs record without him is? 7-0 blah blah blah" and we see how that's turned out. They've only beaten 3 current non playoff teams without him and he's been responsible for beating the Dubs, Celtics, 76ers, Memphis, and many others.

As if Leonard is the only star not allowed to have good teammates, Harden won MVP playing next to CP3, Capela, Gordon
The Dubs with all their injuries last night still had as many all stars as Leonard
Lebron has been paired with the likes of Love, Bosh, Wade, Irving,
Durant was paired next to Westbrook and Ibaka early in his career etc.

At some point you just have to acknowledge their 19-4 record is largely due to Leonard and it's not like Leonard's even in game shape or the Raptors for that matter.

ambchang
11-30-2018, 09:09 AM
Here we go again with the "Raptors won a handful of games without him so he's not that good", people were saying the same thing with the Spurs, "Do you know what the Spurs record without him is? 7-0 blah blah blah" and we see how that's turned out. They've only beaten 3 current non playoff teams without him and he's been responsible for beating the Dubs, Celtics, 76ers, Memphis, and many others.

As if Leonard is the only star not allowed to have good teammates, Harden won MVP playing next to CP3, Capela, Gordon
The Dubs with all their injuries last night still had as many all stars as Leonard

At some point you just have to acknowledge their 19-4 record is largely due to Leonard and it's not like Leonard's even in game shape or the Raptors for that matter.

Kawhi was so good last year that the spurs won 47 games with him only playing 9.

Nobody is saying Kawhi didn’t make a difference. You can even say that he turn good teams into elite teams. But that has not yet happened. I want to see good basketball and parity so I’d root for the raptors to do well and actually chanllenge the warriors despite the backstabber but the facts remain that he’s not as great as people make him out to be.

MultiTroll
11-30-2018, 09:29 AM
You can even say that he turn good teams into elite teams. But that has not yet happened.
2016 up 20 WCFs and imo very well would have gone on to Title given the weak minded Durant etc.

DAF86
11-30-2018, 11:23 AM

This dude starts the argument dismissing win and loss record but ends up using it as a reason to prop up Kawhi. It doesn't get much more retarded than that, tbh. :lol

ambchang
11-30-2018, 11:41 AM
2016 up 20 WCFs and imo very well would have gone on to Title given the weak minded Durant etc.

I thought we are talking about this year.

He clearly was elite pre uncle.

JakeCuenca
11-30-2018, 11:50 AM
Its ironic because he might win MVP this year even though Embiid is probably more deserving simply because he will end up averaging career highs. He should win it though. Media screwed him once.

MultiTroll
11-30-2018, 12:08 PM
^^ if you saw last nights game, he clearly is not the same as his peak.
After a steal he got the ball passed to him and dribbled past half court 3 on 2. Prime Kawhi is dunking that shit or at least getting fouled during the dunk attempt. He pulled up and passed off. More plays like that. 85% at best whether its mental of physical.

But ya corrupt / incompetent media who knows. It's gonna be Durant again regardless. Fuck i hate that faggot.
ESPNs had 4 headers after the game last night.
Durant drops 51 in loss.
Durant makes game tying 3.
Two more Durant slobbers.

The NBA is heavily influenced by Disney ABC and that is a phaggot organization at the top 100%. It's gonna be Golden Showers until the torch gets passed back to the LA Flamers. Book it.

koriwhat
11-30-2018, 02:40 PM
After a steal he got the ball passed to him and dribbled past half court 3 on 2. Prime Kawhi is dunking that shit or at least getting fouled during the dunk attempt. He pulled up and passed off. More plays like that. 85% at best whether its mental of physical.

But ya corrupt / incompetent media who knows. It's gonna be Durant again regardless. Fuck i hate that faggot.
Durant drops 51 in loss.

The NBA is heavily influenced by Disney ABC and that is a phaggot organization at the top 100%. It's gonna be Golden Showers until the torch gets passed back to the LA Flamers. Book it.

indeed :tu

dontouchmebwo
12-01-2018, 03:06 AM
This dude starts the argument dismissing win and loss record but ends up using it as a reason to prop up Kawhi. It doesn't get much more retarded than that, tbh. :lol

Kawhi was so good last year that the spurs won 47 games with him only playing 9.

Nobody is saying Kawhi didn’t make a difference. You can even say that he turn good teams into elite teams. But that has not yet happened. I want to see good basketball and parity so I’d root for the raptors to do well and actually chanllenge the warriors despite the backstabber but the facts remain that he’s not as great as people make him out to be.

Going from winning 67 & 61 games to just 47 is such a massive drop off, that is no achievement.

Aldridge+Green+Gasol actually showed up in some of the best shape of their careers last year due to being lambasted by the media for poor play the year before, the Spurs also gave Murray minutes, signed Rudy Gay, and in the end it was barely enough to sneak into the playoffs and win 47. That's bad, that's really bad.

This year they're playing like a lottery team, the evidence is right there smacking you in the face and people can't see it?

dontouchmebwo
12-01-2018, 03:08 AM

Durant drops 51 in loss.

I think he's just not in game shape yet, which is to be expected considering he's played a handful of games in the past 2 years, he fatigued after like the 3rd quarter started looking very slow but still managed to take the game over.

Rusty
12-01-2018, 08:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3jv7esWr6w

:corn:

Bill_Brasky
12-01-2018, 09:51 AM
Maybe if he starts freezing out his teammates, stealing rebounds, and passing up good shots to whore out assists he'll get more MVP love.

ambchang
12-01-2018, 11:15 AM
Going from winning 67 & 61 games to just 47 is such a massive drop off, that is no achievement.

Aldridge+Green+Gasol actually showed up in some of the best shape of their careers last year due to being lambasted by the media for poor play the year before, the Spurs also gave Murray minutes, signed Rudy Gay, and in the end it was barely enough to sneak into the playoffs and win 47. That's bad, that's really bad.

This year they're playing like a lottery team, the evidence is right there smacking you in the face and people can't see it?
This Kawhi was an mvp candidate two years ago.
Aren’t we talking about this year with the raptors?

Spurtacular
12-01-2018, 02:20 PM
Maybe if he starts freezing out his teammates, stealing rebounds, and passing up good shots to whore out assists he'll get more MVP love.

Will it greatly improve his stats? Then, yes.

Spurtacular
12-01-2018, 10:23 PM
Kawhi must've read this thread and decided to do something.... He still only gets 5 asts or more once in a blue moon though.

rasuo214
12-02-2018, 12:34 AM
This year's MVP is Giannis' to lose, although he has gotten extreme hype to start of the past 2 seasons as well and ended up fading. AD started off strong but the Pelicans are back to a shit team.

DMC
12-02-2018, 12:55 AM
Kawhi must've read this thread and decided to do something.... He still only gets 5 asts or more once in a blue moon though.

His passes are typically bailout passes, meaning he drove to the paint into double or triple coverage and kicked it out. I wouldn't be too concerned about his assists right now, he's got good handles but he's not even close to point forward capability.

Spurtacular
12-02-2018, 12:59 AM
His passes are typically bailout passes, meaning he drove to the paint into double or triple coverage and kicked it out. I wouldn't be too concerned about his assists right now, he's got good handles but he's not even close to point forward capability.

Which isn't good concerning his MVP chances. James Worthy may have been the better player between him and Earvin Johnson; but it was the latter stuffing the stat sheet and getting a couple MVP's.

DMC
12-02-2018, 01:52 AM
Which isn't good concerning his MVP chances. James Worthy may have been the better player between him and Earvin Johnson; but it was the latter stuffing the stat sheet and getting a couple MVP's.

I don't see Kawhi getting an MVP with his restricted minutes and how well the team holds up when he's out. They had the best record in the East last year with DeRozan. I don't see how Kawhi's impact can be measured in the RS based on team record since he's averaging near the same PPG as DDR did last year in Toronto and just below his pre-injury average in San Antonio.

It's too soon to know, too much can happen between now and then, however it would be hard to deny him if his team finishes head and shoulders above the field. If the Lakers even make the playoffs I don't see any way in hell Lebron doesn't get it since he's basically carrying them.