PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for Lonnie "Sky" Walker IV when he's ready?

SpurPadre
11-28-2018, 08:02 PM
I think he's going to refresh the team's morale and provide a spark on both ends even if his numbers and minutes are minimal. He'll be a more disciplined version of Jonathon Simmons for us off the bat, which would be a much-needed boost. But once he earns Pop's trust, I see him gambling more on D at least. What do you guys think he'll bring to the table once he's on board?

Mr. Body
11-28-2018, 08:10 PM
If Derrick White can't get consistent time, why do you think Lonnie Walker will?

JeffDuncan
11-28-2018, 08:10 PM
Well we know he has hair that will float a hat, and he wants to own a white tiger like the one that almost ate Siegfried and Roy, so I'd say he's good to go.

NASpurs
11-28-2018, 08:11 PM
He’ll carry the Austin Spurs to the playoffs unlike the senior squad.

SpurPadre
11-28-2018, 08:13 PM
If Derrick White can't get consistent time, why do you think Lonnie Walker will?

It's called having more talent, tbh. And we're 10-10 not 18-2 and stacked from top to bottom.

Play Boban
11-28-2018, 08:14 PM
Scrub.

Mr. Body
11-28-2018, 08:17 PM
It's called having more talent, tbh.

Nah.

r0drig0lac
11-28-2018, 08:18 PM
athletics, defense above average, and especially a guy who can create his own shot (logically, this only when he understands the speed of the game, which can happen in the first week or only at the end of the rs), practically everything is missing in the perimeter of SA today

Nah.

so you do not think Lonnie Walker has more natural talent than Derrick White?

SpurPadre
11-28-2018, 08:19 PM
Nah.

Derrick White was considered a reach by some when he was drafted 29th while Walker was considered lottery talent by many. White was also one of the oldest rookies in the draft while Walker is still 19. If you don't see the gap in talent difference, you're trolling tbh.

SpurPadre
11-28-2018, 08:23 PM
athletics, defense above average, and especially a guy who can create his own shot (logically, this only when he understands the speed of the game, which can happen in the first week or only at the end of the rs), practically everything is missing in the perimeter of SA today

so you do not think Lonnie Walker has more natural talent than Derrick White?

No one can objectively make that statement. White wishes he had half of Walker's talent, tbh.

Mr. Body
11-28-2018, 08:23 PM
Derrick White was considered a reach by some when he was drafted 29th while Walker was considered lottery talent by many. White was also one of the oldest rookies in the draft while Walker is still 19. If you don't see the gap in talent difference, you're trolling tbh.

Pop isn't playing a guy who has been in the system for a year already, why would he play someone who hasn't even had a full training camp?

Robz4000
11-28-2018, 08:24 PM
He’ll carry the Austin Spurs to the playoffs unlike the senior squad.

SpurPadre
11-28-2018, 08:29 PM
Pop isn't playing a guy who has been in the system for a year already, why would he play someone who hasn't even had a full training camp?

Because we're not an elite team and beggars can't be choosers. If Parker was given the chance to start at 19, why would it be far-fetched to play Walker some minutes off the bench when we're at our lowest in the Pop era?

BillMc
11-28-2018, 08:35 PM
Off topic, but did they repair or clip the meniscus when he was hurt? He's come back fast enough I think it must be the later.

SpurPadre
11-28-2018, 08:37 PM
Off topic, but did they repair or clip the meniscus when he was hurt? He's come back fast enough I think it must be the later.

I read somewhere that he was getting a portion removed.

BillMc
11-28-2018, 08:39 PM
I read somewhere that he was getting a portion removed.

Thanks man. I suspected that was the case with his relatively quick return.

SpurPadre
11-28-2018, 08:41 PM
Thanks man. I suspected that was the case with his relatively quick return.

Second one in a year span and on the same knee but reports indicate he's moving around well.

acoelho1
11-28-2018, 08:56 PM
I definitely think he will play more than rookies of the past. His defense potential alone is worth playing time.

SpurPadre
11-28-2018, 08:58 PM
I definitely think he will play more than rookies of the past. His defense potential alone is worth playing time.

James Anderson had a chance to show his worth in his first year but the injury derailed him. Difference though is that happened during the RS. Walker will get a chance.

mexicanjunior
11-28-2018, 09:00 PM
Spare...Toros lifer...

RC_Drunkford
11-28-2018, 09:00 PM
the way this team is constructed he should be a starter

objective
11-28-2018, 09:09 PM

Exactly.

Walker isn't getting anything without injuries to Forbes or Marco or Fatty.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-28-2018, 11:42 PM
LW4 is leading us to the promised land brothers and sisters. Not to worry. I'm seeing 33 minutes a game, 18, 5, and 5, with 1.5 steals.

Playoffs here we come!!!:elephant:elephant:elephant

:smokin

John B
11-29-2018, 06:11 AM
Metu. If he gets minutes, the more LW4 should. Also I feel the luck of defense on the guard/SF position should earn him the minutes. I hope he can fight through pnr. The question is, whose minutes would he take? Also any word on Huestis or Moore joining soon. We are in dire need of defensive players. Cunningham should not be the starter.

dontouchmebwo
11-29-2018, 07:09 AM
Well, he has to get minutes first and that could take a really long time. He still needs to work on his game in the G league but after his knee injuries I'm not sure the Spurs would try to risk him playing there.

sananspursfan21
11-29-2018, 07:24 AM
I bet if he can get some garbage time and really shines, he could earn 10-15 minutes a game. Maybe have a 6 and 4 stat line

Dverde
11-29-2018, 12:31 PM
“A New Hope”

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DlJ5MRlU8AAApTe.jpg

BackHome
11-29-2018, 12:48 PM
Because we're not an elite team and beggars can't be choosers. If Parker was given the chance to start at 19, why would it be far-fetched to play Walker some minutes off the bench when we're at our lowest in the Pop era?

Undestand your thinking but Tony has played professional ball years before being drafted. Walker on the other hand played part of his Freshman year. Also missed part
Of summer league with injury and then latter had the knee issue.

Also they have all ready said his G League minutes will be monitored so like I have said before they going to take it slow with him.

TimmyBuckets
11-29-2018, 12:56 PM
Throw him in in a month and have him start. This mid-range team (they can't even do that properly) isn't going anywhere so might as well let the rook ball out. Demar's cool and all, but he's not taking us to the chip and making him happy doesn't really mean shit anymore. Just let White and Lonnie develop as much as possible.

suitedkings
11-29-2018, 01:33 PM
Another injury within 10 games.

MVPCues
11-29-2018, 02:03 PM
“A New Hope”

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DlJ5MRlU8AAApTe.jpg

Looks better than the prequels.

TheGreatYacht
11-29-2018, 02:15 PM
https://www.nba.com/lakers/sites/lakers/files/nba_gleague_2nd_stacked_-_pref.jpg

:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

SpurSpike
11-29-2018, 02:49 PM
I have a feeling he wont spend as much time in the G league as many of you think. Maybe a few weeks to get his bearings and a game here and there after that to help him learn the system. He is the spurs highest draft pick in quite some time and its not like bringing him to the main stage will screw with the Spurs chemistry, they don't have any right now anyways! We need defense and he has the quickness and wing span to guard both quick players and players larger than himself, if he can be a lock down defender he would already provide plenty of value. They might as well throw him in the fire and see if he burns or rises from the ashes.

superbigtime
11-29-2018, 04:32 PM
I predict spotty minutes, shaky ball handling, DNPs, and poor longevity.

Fireball
11-29-2018, 04:41 PM
murray will show him how to deal with season ending injuries tbh

Keepin' it real
11-29-2018, 05:15 PM
Season-ending injury.

Raven
11-29-2018, 06:07 PM
i don't expect any production from him this year. hopefully he gets something positive from this season and keeps himself healthy and athletic.