PDA

View Full Version : The Ship is Sinking...

Immortal Spur
11-28-2018, 10:56 PM
But I ain’t hiding Suckas! Going down with PATFO :makemyday

sananspursfan21
11-28-2018, 10:59 PM
There’s always next season. It’s not like the titanic. Demar’s in his prime and Dejounte will be back. Everything else is up in the air but there’s room to work. Frustrating but I don’t think the future is too bleak

HWoodNixon
11-28-2018, 10:59 PM
Tank and get a lottery pick.

alpha_HaZE
11-28-2018, 11:04 PM
I read somewhere that we are projected to get the 11th pick in the draft, which would be sweet. If you we can unload LA's contract, we will have space to sign a nice free agent (that's my hope anyways) and we should be OK.

tb5
11-28-2018, 11:09 PM
What in the world is going on? Minnesota isn't very good without Butler. Spurs can't be this bad, can they? I know it's 1 road loss but wow. If things don't improve this might be time to unload LA's contract if he is going to play THIS bad.

JeffDuncan
11-28-2018, 11:13 PM
At this point I'm having a waking nightmare that PATFO will panic and trade ALL our draft picks for "established players" like Belinelli and Gasol.

Hug me.

wolf754life
11-28-2018, 11:13 PM
dicks are being sucked.

TDMVPDPOY
11-28-2018, 11:40 PM
spurs need to get rid of lma, fkn jumpshot bigs who cant even take advantage of undersized bigs down low but still prefers to take stupid over the shoulder jumpshots, should go eat a dick

skin27
11-29-2018, 12:30 AM
Demar’s numbers are slowly going down too

tim_duncan_fan
11-29-2018, 12:34 AM

That's the lack of talented basketball players around him. On the Warriors he'd average a full 30 and 10.

Spurs9
11-29-2018, 12:34 AM
Tank for Zion

sasaint
11-29-2018, 12:38 AM
At this point I'm having a waking nightmare that PATFO will panic and trade ALL our draft picks for "established players" like Belinelli and Gasol.

Hug me.

THAT's why I have been saying PATFO need to go first. They will not be around long enough to mold a true contender, so don't delay their departure another year or two. Bring in a new regime to try to right this ship that PATFO has been scuttling before they do more damage.

SAGirl
11-29-2018, 12:42 AM

Hug me.

My reaction...

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5928921915cf7dbb497c4457/t/5b46c4d38a922d14aea6a898/1531364567917/Toni-Collette-Hereditary-interview-700x300.jpg
https://media.giphy.com/media/wmsjvA5UH8Xqo/giphy.gif

SAGirl
11-29-2018, 12:44 AM
THAT's why I have been saying PATFO need to go first. They will not be around long enough to mold a true contender, so don't delay their departure another year or two. Bring in a new regime to try to right this ship that PATFO has been scuttling before they do more damage.
Your point is starting to make more sense as time goes on. You were really visionary with that. As you said, it might have even been required to handle the Kiwi trade, but here we are, again.

BlackAndWhite
11-29-2018, 01:08 AM
What happened to the team? They started out fine but now completely collapsed

Emperor
11-29-2018, 01:12 AM
Lonnie gonna screw it all up and get us into the playoffs imo.

TheGreatYacht
11-29-2018, 01:15 AM
Of course the ship is sinking. Fatty Mills just finished celebrating Thanksgiving

skin27
11-29-2018, 01:57 AM
That's the lack of talented basketball players around him. On the Warriors he'd average a full 30 and 10.

completley reverse, he’s numbers should be up because he’s the only one capable of scoring..

SpurPadre
11-29-2018, 02:14 AM
I read somewhere that we are projected to get the 11th pick in the draft, which would be sweet. If you we can unload LA's contract, we will have space to sign a nice free agent (that's my hope anyways) and we should be OK.

Well, Poodle was 10th pick not that long ago so 11th pick isn't necessarily a lock for greatness, tbh.

dbestpro
11-29-2018, 02:37 AM
Pop is done. The loss of his wife, and his focus on things other than basketball has him destined for failure. The Spurs need a coach whose head is in the game and can bring some passion back to the position. He is too accepting of inept play by all but Bertans.

JeffDuncan
11-29-2018, 03:32 AM
What happened to the team? They started out fine but now completely collapsed

All the teams suck at the beginning of the season. Many have enough talent to improve.

But some don't.

J_Paco
11-29-2018, 03:52 AM

Sorry, but who ever walks through that door next is unluckily to have even 1/3 the success of Pop and R.C. The Pistons, Bulls, Jazz, Rockets, etc. have been magically able to reproduce what Larry Brown, Phil Jackson, Jerry Sloan, Rudy Tomjanovich (sp.) were able to do just cause they were set out to pasture. I agree they've made some puzzling decisions (giving Patty $12.5 million a year), but they've also likely found the starting backcourt for the next 8 - 10 years in Walker and Murray (and possibly a solid 3rd/combo guard in White).

They could also have a lottery pick, a 27 - 30 pick and other assets (if LaMarcus or DeMar are moved), but as always around here people overreact and behave like Pop and R.C. will cause irrevocable damage.

I trust two of the best NBA minds ever even if things look "bleak," right now.

r0drig0lac
11-29-2018, 04:19 AM
completley reverse, he’s numbers should be up because he’s the only one capable of scoring..

this does not make any sense in a team trying to play in a structured system, maybe if it played in the suns that statement could make some sense

TrainOfThought5
11-29-2018, 04:25 AM
We need to fucking tank and get it over with. Shouldve done it when we lost Kawhi.

boutons_deux
11-29-2018, 04:26 AM

... wouldn't get the shots. See Klay after Durant arrived

ElNono
11-29-2018, 04:59 AM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/004/130/bagdad-bob.jpg

EVERYTHING IS FINE...

james evans
11-29-2018, 05:36 AM
Tank and get a lottery pick.
haha. it's funny I said that this past summer and everyone said we can't afford to tank. I know I keep bringing it up lol. But I said we should have traded Kawhi for a 2019 first round pick to a garbage squad that would be back in the lottery, Trade aldridge to another garbage ass team for a 2019 first round pick and then tank. One bad year would have landed us 3 lottery picks in next year's draft which has a few big prizes. But noooo, that wasn't a smart thing to do..

MVPCues
11-29-2018, 08:53 AM
My reaction...

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5928921915cf7dbb497c4457/t/5b46c4d38a922d14aea6a898/1531364567917/Toni-Collette-Hereditary-interview-700x300.jpg
https://media.giphy.com/media/wmsjvA5UH8Xqo/giphy.gif

8.465/10

SpursDynasty85
11-29-2018, 09:08 AM
What in the world is going on? Minnesota isn't very good without Butler. Spurs can't be this bad, can they? I know it's 1 road loss but wow. If things don't improve this might be time to unload LA's contract if he is going to play THIS bad.

The problem with Minnesota has never been talent. They have been on fire since the trade and honestly on paper they look really good. Kind of like the Toronto Raptors of the West. Long, athletic, deep, good defense.

Play Boban
11-29-2018, 10:34 AM

Fake news.

UZER
11-29-2018, 10:35 AM

The Pop effect.

sasaint
11-29-2018, 10:41 AM
Sorry, but who ever walks through that door next is unluckily to have even 1/3 the success of Pop and R.C. The Pistons, Bulls, Jazz, Rockets, etc. have been magically able to reproduce what Larry Brown, Phil Jackson, Jerry Sloan, Rudy Tomjanovich (sp.) were able to do just cause they were set out to pasture. I agree they've made some puzzling decisions (giving Patty $12.5 million a year), but they've also likely found the starting backcourt for the next 8 - 10 years in Walker and Murray (and possibly a solid 3rd/combo guard in White).

They could also have a lottery pick, a 27 - 30 pick and other assets (if LaMarcus or DeMar are moved), but as always around here people overreact and behave like Pop and R.C. will cause irrevocable damage.

I trust two of the best NBA minds ever even if things look "bleak," right now.

Do you expect PATFO to be around for 8-10 years? No. 2? Likely. Do you expect them to have a legit contender re-built in that time? Especially if they continue to run things as they have the last few years - a resounding "no."

Perhaps PATFO was the best a few years ago. But they are going the way of Tom Landry in his last few years as Cowboys HC. The Spurs need their own Jerry Jones. Oh, and Jimmy Johnson wasn't a bad successor to Landry. I know it isn't basketball, but not all successors to legendary HCs are failures.

tim_duncan_fan
11-29-2018, 08:29 PM
haha. it's funny I said that this past summer and everyone said we can't afford to tank. I know I keep bringing it up lol. But I said we should have traded Kawhi for a 2019 first round pick to a garbage squad that would be back in the lottery, Trade aldridge to another garbage ass team for a 2019 first round pick and then tank. One bad year would have landed us 3 lottery picks in next year's draft which has a few big prizes. But noooo, that wasn't a smart thing to do..

Kawhi had to go to a team that could/would risk not having him the following year.

No one was giving up a lotto pick to rent a guy for a year. We did fine in that trade. We just need a real big to pair up with DD and a perimenter defender with a 3pt shot.

J_Paco
11-29-2018, 10:45 PM
Do you expect PATFO to be around for 8-10 years? No. 2? Likely. Do you expect them to have a legit contender re-built in that time? Especially if they continue to run things as they have the last few years - a resounding "no."

Perhaps PATFO was the best a few years ago. But they are going the way of Tom Landry in his last few years as Cowboys HC. The Spurs need their own Jerry Jones. Oh, and Jimmy Johnson wasn't a bad successor to Landry. I know it isn't basketball, but not all successors to legendary HCs are failures.

Name the last time it happened in the NBA and Jerry has proceeded to make dumb move after dumb move since being gifted Aikman, Irvin, Smith and the rest of that HOF talent.

I also realize that Pop and R.C. will be around for the short term, but they team will be out of their "terrible" contracts shortly, have some promising young guards and possible lottery picks.

These are the pains that the rest of the NBA fandom feels, both on - court and in the front office, but I'd rather they attempt to groom the next crop of guys (Murray, Walker, White, Metu, Poetl, lottery pick, etc.) plus name their successors.

Seeing how they have a keen eye for front office, coaching and on-court talent.

therealtruth
11-29-2018, 11:52 PM
We need to fucking tank and get it over with. Shouldve done it when we lost Kawhi.

I think the idea was the Murray would be the savior after losing Kawhi. They should have tanked after he got hurt.

alpha_HaZE
11-30-2018, 01:35 AM
Well, Poodle was 10th pick not that long ago so 11th pick isn't necessarily a lock for greatness, tbh.

That's true, but judging what we did with DJ at 29 and Kawhi at 15, am hopeful.

ECOV
11-30-2018, 11:23 AM
Tanking doesn't always make you better, you play hard to the end

TDomination
11-30-2018, 12:02 PM
If i was Pop I would go ahead and tank by having the team shoot 60+ three's a game. Almost every play. 3 pointer.
It will be like, "i thought this was what the league wanted right?" Obviously we are not going to make that many 3's so we would lose a lot of games.

So one, we would be conforming to what the league is all about. But we would suck at it allowing us to tank for Zion! lol

But then watch us continue our great 3pt percentage and we find a formula that works by accident lol.

ECOV
11-30-2018, 12:07 PM
If i was Pop I would go ahead and tank by having the team shoot 60+ three's a game. Almost every play. 3 pointer.
It will be like, "i thought this was what the league wanted right?" Obviously we are not going to make that many 3's so we would lose a lot of games.

So one, we would be conforming to what the league is all about. But we would suck at it allowing us to tank for Zion! lol

But then watch us continue our great 3pt percentage and we find a formula that works by accident lol.

Kinda like that idea make mostly every play a 3