PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Pop will get fired?

davidbowie
11-30-2018, 09:44 PM
Who would you replace him with

slick'81
11-30-2018, 09:46 PM
Messina or hammon i guess

Ragamuffin
11-30-2018, 09:47 PM
david blat i like... but now is coach in Greece olympiakos...

Hoops Czar
11-30-2018, 09:49 PM
Will Pop fire himself? Doubtnit. And since Pop is the only reason RC Buford has a job, he's not going to fire him.

TheGreatYacht
11-30-2018, 09:49 PM
I truly feel bad for whoever inherits this god awful situation selfish Pop has put on the team just because he was too proud to tank...

Gotta put take him out back and put him out of his misery before he extends Gay and Forbes

Spurtacular
11-30-2018, 09:50 PM
Disgracing David Bowie's good name with this sh**. SMH

ElNono
11-30-2018, 09:50 PM
At this rate, if Team USA gets Bronze next Olympics, we should be ecstatic, tbh...

dbreiden83080
11-30-2018, 09:51 PM
Lol!! Uh no.. We lost a top-five player in the NBA because he acted like a little bitch. Did anyone expect us to be good this season? I didn’t.

TheGreatYacht
11-30-2018, 09:52 PM
Lol!! Uh no.. We lost a top-five player in the NBA because he acted like a little bitch. Did anyone expect us to be good this season? I didn’t.
95% of the forum thought this near-50 win team would improve with the addition of an Allstar like DeRozan. I bet you were one of those idiots.

I tried to tell y'all....

Hoops Czar
11-30-2018, 09:53 PM
At this rate, if Team USA gets Bronze next Olympics, we should be ecstatic, tbh...

If he can't handle divas and players with an ounce of personality, how is he going to handle the Olympics?

SpurPadre
11-30-2018, 09:53 PM
Manu will take over coaching duties eventually but Pop is a made man, tbh.

UZER
11-30-2018, 09:54 PM
Avery Johnson is not walking through that door.

Hoops Czar
11-30-2018, 09:55 PM
Avery Johnson is not walking through that door.
Neither is Nando De Colo.

wolf754life
11-30-2018, 09:56 PM
Pop will quit on this team like Kawhi did

Kawhi and uncle Denny laughing at exposing the great white hype Popazit as overrated.

"Fuck ya discipline CLOWN!"

Hoops Czar
11-30-2018, 09:58 PM
Pop will quit on this team like Kawhi did

Kawhi and uncle Denny laughing at exposing the great white hype Popazit as overrated.

"Fuck ya discipline CLOWN!"
Actually, he exposed 3/4's of this forum. I've been calling him overrated for five years.

marinoman
11-30-2018, 09:58 PM
The game really changed when the ethnics were brought in

Kori Ellis
11-30-2018, 10:06 PM
99.9% of the time when there is a dispute between a HC and A Conner Stone Franchise Player who was that Coaches "Employee of the Month" for like 40 months in a row, the Coach is FIRED.

He wasn't
HE WONT BE

Kawhi's issue wasn't with Pop.

Anyway, no, of course Pop won't get fired.

wolf754life
11-30-2018, 10:06 PM
nobody respects Pop outside of SA anylonger

his players are below average and lazy

and his team is gutless and overpaid.

DON NELSON 2.0

NASpurs
11-30-2018, 10:07 PM
95% of the forum thought this near-50 win team would improve with the addition of an Allstar like DeRozan. I bet you were one of those idiots.

lol seriously

Kori Ellis
11-30-2018, 10:14 PM

You are right. Most people thought they'd win 40-something games because they looked at last year's record without Kawhi. But the Spurs lost more than Kawhi this summer.
And everyone thought DeRozen would make the team better, but last year Aldridge was playing out of his mind, and now...

TheGreatYacht
11-30-2018, 10:18 PM
I don't believe that mam.
I don't believe Pop was the reason he left, but nevertheless he didn't help the situation either. The "Kawhi and his team" comments, letting the players confront him after a game last season, etc

The "he was no leader" swipe will definitely ruin any remaining love that was there.

TheGreatYacht
11-30-2018, 10:27 PM
You are right. Most people thought they'd win 40-something games because they looked at last year's record without Kawhi. But the Spurs lost more than Kawhi this summer.
And everyone thought DeRozen would make the team better, but last year Aldridge was playing out of his mind, and now...
Kawhi, Parker, Green, and Anderson are all relieved to have left this team right now and their play is improved as well.

Aldridge is a diva and should be traded immediately even if his stock couldn't be lower. If he's not getting touches, he isn't trying. The record when he doesn't score 20 speaks for itself. Try and get a pick from a playoff pretender that believes they are a piece away.

Pavlov
11-30-2018, 10:35 PM
Think he'll resign the HC if things don't turn around and try to hand off to one of the assistants to keep them employed. Who knows if the ownership will go for it.

HarlemHeat37
11-30-2018, 10:38 PM
Obviously he isn't going to get fired:lol

I could see him leaving sooner than expected, though..he's 70, hates modern basketball, has interests outside of the game and this team will likely be a bottom-feeder for a long time..

Hopefully Manu is willing to take over soon and turn this shit around..

james evans
11-30-2018, 10:43 PM

yeah, the word around the forum was that Derozan is better than Kawhi hahaha. Oh how things have changed in just a couple weeks.

Chinook
11-30-2018, 10:43 PM
Think he'll resign the HC if things don't turn around and try to hand off to one of the assistants to keep them employed. Who knows if the ownership will go for it.

I think so too. He just seems done, to the point that there's a good chance he won't even make it to 2020 with the USANT. I believe he fully intends to coach the Olympics, but he seems lost

Kori Ellis
11-30-2018, 10:44 PM

I could see him leaving sooner than expected, though..he's 70, hates modern basketball, has interests outside of the game and this team will likely be a bottom-feeder for a long time..

Do you actually think Manu will ever coach? I'd think Tony would coach before Manu would.

phxspurfan
11-30-2018, 10:45 PM

We also had Kyle, Danny Green, Murray and Pau. And the refs weren't encouraged to call all games for teams to score 140

JeffDuncan
11-30-2018, 10:50 PM
Two words: Becky Hammon. If the Spurs powers-that-be have a lick of sense.

Think of the media coverage.

HarlemHeat37
11-30-2018, 10:50 PM
Do you actually think Manu will ever coach? I'd think Tony would coach before Manu would.

No:lol but I could see him being a GM or something else in the front office..

The way he discusses individual players and surprisingly uses advanced metrics on Twitter + his competitive nature that will lead to boredom IMO..

R. DeMurre
11-30-2018, 10:52 PM
Actually, he exposed 3/4's of this forum. I've been calling him overrated for five years.

Five years? So he was overrated going to the finals back to back, winning a championship, and then winning 67 games?

Hoops Czar
11-30-2018, 10:57 PM
Five years? So he was overrated going to the finals back to back, winning a championship, and then winning 67 games?
Yes.

SouthTexasRancher
11-30-2018, 10:59 PM
We left the game a few minutes into the 3rd quarter. It was that bad. This team has totally tuned out Pop. He has lost this team. I think they are as tired of him spouting off about players like he just did with KaWhitter or like him saying BB is dead and too boring. He is the one who makes the game boring. Pop has a big mouth that he really should keep shut, i.e., don't let things leave the so called locker room. The proverbial "what goes on here stays here". Pop really does need to consider retiring. He has allowed himself to get old and out of touch. Players and probably some coaches just don't relate to him anymore. This team needs a young thinker. Pop has had a wonderful career but, the time has come. Don't drag this out, Pop. Go out as a winner and allow yourself and everyone else to relive the good times and there have been a ton of good times with the Spurs over the years.

This is by far the worst Spurs team I can remember. They are not even trying. They are playing exactly like a team that doesn't want to play for its coach. The Timberwolves game was hard to watch on TV but, tonight in person, it was horrible. We'd be better off putting a high school team on the floor just for the hell of it. This is going to be a long season. The good news is both the Cowboys and Texans are playing some pretty good football. Even the Dallas Mavericks are playing decent basketball. :ihit

Hoops Czar
11-30-2018, 11:00 PM
We also had Kyle, Danny Green, Murray and Pau. And the refs weren't encouraged to call all games for teams to score 140
Danny was neutered in Pop's system, Kyle was an offensive nightmare, Murray isn't nearly as good as people make him out to be and Pau is virtually unplayable vs most elite teams.

phxspurfan
11-30-2018, 11:16 PM
Danny was neutered in Pop's system, Kyle was an offensive nightmare, Murray isn't nearly as good as people make him out to be and Pau is virtually unplayable vs most elite teams.

But they could all play defense. Something none, absolutely zero, of their replacements this year on this team can do.

gambit1990
11-30-2018, 11:29 PM

iirc, while manu was playing he had said something along the lines of coaching wasn't for him. things do change but manu has other interests than basketball... if he did end up coaching i don't expect that to happen anytime soon.

he'd make a great coach though.

SouthTexasRancher
11-30-2018, 11:31 PM
Funny thing, they cultivated two such guys in Brown and Bud. One More defensive one More Offensive minded but they understand each other's minds. 2014 met with the Old man and he said "I'm not leaving" so they did. Local Radio guys on 760 say that Bud was a Trash coach because of the talent drain that happened in Atlanta. Look at him now. Brown embraced "the process", a process this coach didn't want to do when he lost Kawhi. Look at THEM NOW. A bench of Yes Men(and Lady) ain't gonna make things better.

Now that Bud has the Greek Freak and a bunch of other good players and he sees what is going on here he is probably at the Bucks office door begging to sign a long term contract. LOL And I wouldn't blame him.

Hoops Czar
12-01-2018, 12:13 AM
But they could all play defense. Something none, absolutely zero, of their replacements this year on this team can do.
Pop was never the smartest guy in the room. He lost his talented coaching staff that made him look good and then he evetually traded away defense for offense and it blew up in his damn face. He felt the Spurs system would eventually prevail and the Spurs would be a well oiled machine on offense and they would win games by outscoring their opponent. The little key ingredient he forgot to add to the punch bowl was talent. The players make up the system and if the players are old, unathletic and stupid, the system is going to reflect that. Pop thought he was inventing the wheel all along when in actuality, he had three hall of famers carrying his ass. Pop couldn't coach his way out of a shoebox with out Tim Duncan and what's even worse is that he's even worse at being a front end executive. He's not just the coach of this hot mess of a roster, he created it.

dbreiden83080
12-01-2018, 12:17 AM

We will be around .500 all year. That is what we are. So man up and fucking deal with it.

Chillen
12-01-2018, 12:24 AM
If Spurs fired Pop do you know how many NBA teams would instantly fire their head coach to hire Pop.

Spurs will not fire Pop but I sense sometimes Pop knows it.

Hoops Czar
12-01-2018, 12:27 AM
If Spurs fired Pop do you know how many NBA teams would instantly fire their head coach to hire Pop.

Spurs will not fire Pop but I sense sometimes Pop knows it.

Pop is both GM and coach though his personal secretary RC Buford assumes the GM position (takes phone calls, makes coffee, collects enormous paychecks) while Pop is the acting coach. The only person who can theoretically fire him is himself.

Kurgan
12-01-2018, 12:39 AM
Everything about the organization reeks. The medical staff is incompetent after misdiagnosing Kawhi, Danny, and Pau. The talent pool is depressing. Career loser Softridge and choke artist Defrozen as your top two players. Not a single defensive wing on the roster. No real playmaker either. They play an antiquated style of bball while the rest of the league has evolved. They stash picks that never come over because those guys receive better salaries in Europe. The coaching staff is the worst it's ever been. Ass-kissers that refuse to move on because they're waiting for an ideal coaching opportunity(Becky) or just trying to outlast Pop and take over the team itself(Messina). Once upon a time, this franchise was great from top to bottom. They're now a shadow of what they once were due to talent drain(Duncan, Manu, Parker, Kawhi, Danny) and brain drain(Bud, Forcier, Brett, Marks).

Play Boban
12-01-2018, 12:45 AM
I don’t understand why poop continues to coach. He doesn’t care about coaching, he hates the modern style of basketball, and he seems more interested in politics than coaching at this point. Maybe he should run for the Texas US Senate seat in 2020.

Play Boban
12-01-2018, 12:46 AM
We lost manu, we lost the team...manu4ever tbh...

tbdog
12-01-2018, 01:03 AM
I think pop and buford dropped the ball on where the league was headed with the new rules. Pop hasn't been able to adjust. Losing Murray meant we lost our pace. We can't defend, and when they miss, we can't rebound.

Play Boban
12-01-2018, 01:06 AM
Poop could shoot someone on the riverwalk and keep his job tbh... His supporters love him...tbh

fusionjazzman72
12-01-2018, 01:10 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25421927/san-antonio-spurs-roughed-again

Pop looks finished. Sad to see.

E20
12-01-2018, 01:13 AM
fire pop. i'm willing to bring back kawhi and uncle dennis can be the coach

KimmyGib
12-01-2018, 01:31 AM
A petition of say, 100,000 Spur fan signatures would probably get the job done, I think.

BackHome
12-01-2018, 01:42 AM

We would if Murray and Walker and Paul were healthy shit happens. Stop being such a pussy.

Ditty
12-01-2018, 02:42 AM
I think Pop will retire this coming offseason or the following if I would put my money on it. I just hope Becky or Mesenia won’t be the next head coach of this team. They would probably do a better job than Pop at this point if of his career. I think Ime would be a good head coach, and a coach a lot of players can relate too. Pop seems to have a good relationship with a lot of players, but I feel more of a respect factor at this point.

8FOR!3
12-01-2018, 03:36 AM
nobody respects Pop outside of SA anylonger

his players are below average and lazy

and his team is gutless and overpaid.

DON NELSON 2.0

That's just lazy. Don Nelson the player was a 5 time champion who's jersey is retired. Don Nelson the coach was never a champion. Pop won 5 rings, he earned his ego. Who's better? Phil Jackson? How did he look towards the end of his career?

therealtruth
12-01-2018, 08:05 AM
He would have to fire himself but maybe karma gets him. He fired Bob Hill for losing the team even though they had injuries.

NameLess Scrub
12-01-2018, 09:19 AM
He's a 69 year old man who has lost his wife, and who has seen his field of expertise and the people who practice it change a lot for what seems to be worse.

It would be interesting to me to know he hasn't retired from coaching. I'm not sure if he could've done abetter job, but if he hasn't that could be the reason. All the Kawhi crap can never help.

I also think he won't coach past 2020 and hope he does his best on that time.

Wouldn't worry about the Olympics. The just out talent teams by default to win easy gold medals.

BSfromTX
12-01-2018, 09:39 AM
Pop will not get fired

Look around the league at how many organizations have struggled over the last 20 years. People in this forum act like coaches and GMs that are capable of building championship teams grow on trees. Maybe Pop has lost his edge, but who in the world can turn this organization into the warriors or raptors? It’s not that easy. I’ve watched this league for 30 plus years and most of the good coaches and GMs have come from Pop in the last 15-20 years.

These super teams and stars pitching fits to go somewhere else is going to hurt teams like the spurs. Basically you have to hope that these players pick your team. It’s why Pop gives loyalty contracts to Pau and Patty. He wants to show future players he will do his best to take care of you. It’s about all you can do along with draft good players which I think we have done

DMC
12-01-2018, 09:59 AM
I truly feel bad for whoever inherits this god awful situation selfish Pop has put on the team just because he was too proud to tank...

Gotta put take him out back and put him out of his misery before he extends Gay and Forbes

Yes, it would be awful to inherit a head coaching job in the NBA.

DMC
12-01-2018, 10:03 AM
I could see Pop stepping out of the HC position and only managing the operations from an executive standpoint. I don't know how that would jive with his USA Basketball future, but his recent comments (as innocent as they were) could be used against him to actually remove him from that role, since players like Kawhi might stay away from him because of his disposition.

I think it's still too early though. Spurs are in trouble, but with only a few games separating most of the teams in the West, a small run can change a lot.

TheGreatYacht
12-01-2018, 10:05 AM
http://img06.deviantart.net/5a99/i/2004/270/c/3/carl_from_athf_by_buddas_axe.png

Yes, it would be awful to inherit a head coaching job in the NBA.
With a roster destined to fail, yes, yes it is. Faggot.

JeffDuncan
12-01-2018, 10:15 AM
If it gets any worse, the team ownership should make some kind of statement.

DMC
12-01-2018, 10:28 AM

Damn you melt down easier than Velveeta.

daslicer
12-01-2018, 10:46 AM

:lol Whoever accepts this job is going to be some inexperienced coach looking to cash in on a good pay day. You can’t be miserable when you are going to get overpaid. Proving again like always that you are mentally retarded.

NameLess Scrub
12-01-2018, 11:09 AM

Dude when the heck did Pain have a body like that on his 6?

UZER
12-01-2018, 11:11 AM
Pop won’t get fired, and has earned the right not to, but dammit he has been done for years and should have retired at least after 2015.

As far as replacement, sometimes you can’t worry about the immediate short term future. You just have to take a couple steps back to clean the slate and move forward. I mean, the arena is already half empty most nights.

Pop moving to the FO is not going work either. It’s got to be a fresh start. If Pop is up there, it will be like Jerry Jones as far as just doing what he wants his way. The coach will be forced or feel pressure to rest, bench rookies, sit guys who are scoring too much, and all the other things that come along with Pops style. I still can’t believe he had Derozen inbound the ball on that last play against the Grizz. Other stars around the league watch that kinda stuff and take notice. They say all the right things, but when it comes pen to paper, they won’t sign.

It’s just time for a fresh start. I for one would be excited I tune into games again knowing the Spurs have turned the page and are moving in a new direction. It would be fun watching young guys grow, but growing with more freedom, not looking over their shoulder after every shot they miss. Pop has just sucked the fun out of the game, and the players are showing it.

sananspursfan21
12-01-2018, 11:29 AM
If this were the NFL, absolutely. They don’t care who you are. I’ve wondered this myself although I know the answer. As a Pop advocate (like most sensible posters here are), it’s probably time to hang up his spu.... uh boots.

BackHome
12-01-2018, 12:13 PM

They did they got rid of the Spurs cheerleaders. Lol

TheGreatYacht
12-01-2018, 12:15 PM
:lol Whoever accepts this job is going to be some inexperienced coach looking to cash in on a good pay day. You can’t be miserable when you are going to get overpaid. Proving again like always that you are mentally retarded.
I see your ass is still sore from me calling you out for having Kawhi's cock shoved down your throat :lmao quoting me never turns out well for you. When will you learn?

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-01-2018, 01:02 PM
Bring on the Messina or Manure coaching era tbqh

daslicer
12-01-2018, 01:22 PM
I see your ass is still sore from me calling you out for having Kawhi's cock shoved down your throat :lmao quoting me never turns out well for you. When will you learn?

:lol you are so predictably stupid but I knew you were going to pull the post count card. Going by your logic you have Pop's dick shoved down your throat since you have thousands of post expressing your hatred for him everyday . How does it feel to have Pop's wrinkly dick shoved down your throat?. Let's be real you hate Pop and I hate Kawhi. The difference is I don't defend Pop in here like you defend Kawhi. I can see how Pop has screwed up but in your head you believe Kawhi was 100 percent innocent in what he did last year.

You have around 30,000 posts in here while I only have around 8,000. It gets even more embarrassing when I factor in that you have been here only for 5 years while I have been here for 12 years but you were able to surpass my post count by a huge margin. This shows you have a lot of time on your hands. The fact that you wanted to bring up how many posts I had in the Kawhi thread illustrates that you have a lot of time on your hands. Fact of the matter is I never even knew about the tool you used to track my post count but then again I'm not into stalking posters like you are. Which leads me to wonder why would you give a shit about how many posts I had about Kawhi unless I'm in your head or Kawhi's dick is shoved down you throat. The answer is both.

I highlighted the text in bold to illustrate how retarded your are to other posters.

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-01-2018, 01:31 PM
I love watching this team crash and burn without team leaders Tim, Tony, and Manu.

Cane
12-01-2018, 01:36 PM
Might as well. The Holts are divorcing, the Spurs suck ass, & they ran out the 2nd best player in the league in Kawhi...for a goddamn thicc Monta Ellis

It was a great era, but please no more Lazy Foreigner Legion shit. Enough of Porker, Beno, fatass Patty, etc

Spurs fever
12-01-2018, 02:04 PM
I really wanted Bud to be his successor. He seems more equipped to deal with the personalities of the league. I guess Udoka is as well. Not sure about Messina. What's everyone general opinion of Messina? He seems a bit down to earth. I'm not sure what his track record was in Europe.

DAF86
12-01-2018, 02:25 PM

Pop did.

Kurgan
12-01-2018, 02:28 PM
I really wanted Bud to be his successor. He seems more equipped to deal with the personalities of the league. I guess Udoka is as well. Not sure about Messina. What's everyone general opinion of Messina? He seems a bit down to earth. I'm not sure what his track record was in Europe.

Udoka and Messina are yes men. Neither are radical thinkers like Bud who actually persuaded Pop into changing how the Spurs played after that embarrassing sweep to the Suns in 2010. The beautiful game era owes a lot to his contributions(just look at how the Bucks play bball compared to the Spurs currently). He also convinced Pop to trade George Hill(one of Pop's made men) for Kawhi

dbreiden83080
12-04-2018, 10:42 AM
Pop did.

Better than this probably. But not a contender.. Spurs are due for lean years anyway. You get spoiled with the Big 3. All franchises go through ups and downs. Hell some like the Clippers are good for like 7 seasons out of 40..

superbigtime
12-04-2018, 11:04 AM
of course not

DAF86
12-04-2018, 11:05 AM
Better than this probably. But not a contender.. Spurs are due for lean years anyway. You get spoiled with the Big 3. All franchises go through ups and downs. Hell some like the Clippers are good for like 7 seasons out of 40..

Pop thought this team was going to be better than last season's team, so a 50 wins team. Pop thought this team was a 50 wins team.

dbreiden83080
12-04-2018, 11:22 AM
Pop thought this team was going to be better than last season's team, so a 50 wins team. Pop thought this team was a 50 wins team.

Still could be a decent team if we turn it around. Long season. But Spurs are due for lean years.. Pop likely retires after the year and they go young..

tb5
12-04-2018, 11:43 AM
Zero chance of Pop getting fired. He's earned the right to coach this team for the foreseeable future until he decides to step down. I would imagine he will coach for 1 - 3 years and step down any point in that window where he doesn't find it enjoyable or he decides it's time to hand over the reins. I would imagine he'll ride it out through the injuries this year into next year and then re-evaluate at the end of next year. You can tell he is getting frustrated with how the league has changed away from big men and how the rules have made it really difficult to defend.

SAGirl
12-04-2018, 11:45 AM
:lol you are so predictably stupid but I knew you were going to pull the post count card. Going by your logic you have Pop's dick shoved down your throat since you have thousands of post expressing your hatred for him everyday . How does it feel to have Pop's wrinkly dick shoved down your throat?. Let's be real you hate Pop and I hate Kawhi. The difference is I don't defend Pop in here like you defend Kawhi. I can see how Pop has screwed up but in your head you believe Kawhi was 100 percent innocent in what he did last year.

You have around 30,000 posts in here while I only have around 8,000. It gets even more embarrassing when I factor in that you have been here only for 5 years while I have been here for 12 years but you were able to surpass my post count by a huge margin. This shows you have a lot of time on your hands. The fact that you wanted to bring up how many posts I had in the Kawhi thread illustrates that you have a lot of time on your hands. Fact of the matter is I never even knew about the tool you used to track my post count but then again I'm not into stalking posters like you are. Which leads me to wonder why would you give a shit about how many posts I had about Kawhi unless I'm in your head or Kawhi's dick is shoved down you throat. The answer is both.

I highlighted the text in bold to illustrate how retarded your are to other posters.
He's kind of a bully, not just a troll. The ignore button is your friend not just bc of the annoyance but the waste of time.

As for the origin question agree with UZER. He's not getting fired and will probably coach until he wants to, but I think retirement is near.

DAF86
12-04-2018, 12:16 PM
Still could be a decent team if we turn it around. Long season. But Spurs are due for lean years.. Pop likely retires after the year and they go young..

You asked this:

I told you Pop did. Don't shoot the messenger, tbh.

TheCerebral1
12-04-2018, 01:52 PM
I highly doubt Pop will ever be fired unless he decided to retire or step down on his timeline.

JPB
12-04-2018, 02:47 PM

Tony will never coach Kori. He'll focus on his ASVEL team as president, which is entering Euroleague next year and signed a few weeks a go with a big sponsor. He's more of a boss than a coach.

I can see him eventually taking the reins of the french federation when older.

hater
12-04-2018, 02:59 PM

Thanks for the bucket of cold hard truth on these morons :lol

hater
12-04-2018, 02:59 PM

:lmao like what?

hater
12-04-2018, 03:00 PM
The Spurs will quit San Antonio before they quit Pop

Calling dis shit right now :tu

JeffDuncan
12-04-2018, 03:24 PM
:lmao like what?

Whether they support major league soccer in San Antonio, of course.

You guys are sooo easy.

DAF86
12-04-2018, 09:55 PM
If he was any other coach, he would.

BillMc
12-04-2018, 10:22 PM
Fired, no. But he could step aside. This is got to be frustrating as Hell.

Media will say either A) He lasted one season after the Big 3 or B) He lasted one season after Kahwi bolted. Either spin, would not be good for Pop's legacy.

The haters on here will realize what they had, but only a few years after he's gone.

DPG21920
12-04-2018, 10:25 PM
Fired, no. Be he could step aside. This is got to be frustrating as Hell.

Media will say either A) He lasted one season after the Big 3 or B) He lasted one season after Kahwi bolted. Either spin, would not be good for Pop's legacy.

The haters on here will realize what they had, but only a few years after he's gone.

Pop is one of the best that ever did it. He’s having a really poor season. Both are true.

BillMc
12-04-2018, 10:26 PM
Pop is one of the best that ever did it. He’s having a really poor season. Both are true.

Agreed.

Kobe'sAchilles
12-04-2018, 10:28 PM
At least let the man get to 3rd in all time wins for a coach before firing him. Then you can replace him with a more suited coach who still has some fire left :wakeup

palangi
12-04-2018, 10:41 PM
Well pop is the one to put this shit show team together.

DMC
12-04-2018, 10:50 PM
You don't fire Pop. You let him leave on his own terms. He's probably done after this season anyhow.

DMC
12-04-2018, 10:53 PM
I could totally see Manu coaching.

Budkin
12-04-2018, 11:13 PM
He looks like he could give a fuck. For real.

UZER
12-04-2018, 11:21 PM
He looks like he could give a fuck. For real.

He does give a fuck...to the opposing coach at half court after every game. It’s like he’s only coaching so he has an excuse to grope other men.

Dude looks like Joe Biden with those poor kids.

Ibleedslvrnblk
12-04-2018, 11:24 PM
At least let the man get to 3rd in all time wins for a coach before firing him. Then you can replace him with a more suited coach who still has some fire left :wakeup

And who is that? Some Brad Stevens no one has snatched up yet?

gospursgojas
12-04-2018, 11:29 PM
Pop loves to be a contrarian.

He went Twin Towers went 2 guard was king.
He went small when teams went big.
He went defense and half court offense when teams went 8 secs or less.
He went Beautuful Game when teams went superteam.

Sadly this time going mid range iso ball when teams are all about the three pointer is not working for him.

sasaint
12-04-2018, 11:29 PM
You don't fire Pop. You let him leave on his own terms. He's probably done after this season anyhow.

You "allow him to step down". But whatever you do, you do not permit him to make any more decisions that affect the team's future, and some of those decisions need to be made now.

UZER
12-04-2018, 11:30 PM

It doesnt matter at this point. It’s time to turn the page. Who was Pop before he replaced Bob Hill? He wasn’t even a Brad Stevens. I’m mean, the guy was one game away from getting fired and he had Tim Duncan on his team.

UZER
12-04-2018, 11:34 PM
You can’t fire him. You should’nt fired him. He’s earned the right never to be fired. But you let him know it’s time to step away. HE should know it’s time to step away.

Bynumite
12-04-2018, 11:41 PM
Hope not, i love watching the so called greatest pro coach of all time getting exposed.

In the meantime, tell us some more how bad and boring Trump and basketball are, respectively, you senile old fart :lol

sasaint
12-04-2018, 11:45 PM
You can’t fire him. You should’nt fired him. He’s earned the right never to be fired. But you let him know it’s time to step away. HE should know it’s time to step away.

Yeah, I'm hoping he is coming to the realization that he can't hang on long enough to revitalize the mess he has made and decides to step down. Hell, it has to be exhausting for the old guy to contemplate the massive job of rejuvenating this team. It seems like he has totally lost them at this point. Lackluster play and double digit deficits by the end of the first quarter of every game have to wear on him.

vander
12-04-2018, 11:46 PM

don't forget, Spurs also lost Fathead...

therealtruth
12-04-2018, 11:54 PM
Almost. Once the Spurs settle into second to last in the West you have to make some changes. Similar to how Pop decided to get rid of Bob Hill. And Hill didn't have 2 healthy all-stars.

Kobe'sAchilles
12-05-2018, 12:03 AM
I was being facetious. You don't fire a legend like Pop. I brought up his all time wins as a point. He is a legend and you let them go out on their own terms. If we suck like this for the next two years then so be it. I just don't think he has the same fire and intensity, tough when you lose your soulmate like that. I can see him leaving at the end of the year, but he probably won't bc he's signed til 2020 and Pop is a man of his word and will serve out the contract.

sasaint
12-05-2018, 12:09 AM

That could take a while. He needs 3 wins to get to 4th and like 14 to get to 3rd. I just don't want him making any more decisions that affect the team's future.

Keepin' it real
12-05-2018, 12:10 AM
Has an NBA coach with a losing record ever gone on to coach the US national team the next year at the Olympics?

Will they ask Pop to step down from the national team if the Spurs keep losing?

therealtruth
12-05-2018, 12:36 AM
Has an NBA coach with a losing record ever gone on to coach the US national team the next year at the Olympics?

Will they ask Pop to step down from the national team if the Spurs keep losing?

He was part of the debacle on '04 that lead to bronze.

DAF86
12-05-2018, 12:59 AM
Hope not, i love watching the so called greatest pro coach of all time getting exposed.

In the meantime, tell us some more how bad and boring Trump and basketball are, respectively, you senile old fart :lol

This only further reinforces the fact that Duncan >>>>>>> Kobe. That's the distance between top 5 and 12, tbh.

slick'81
12-05-2018, 01:09 AM
Hes earned the right to finish this season but beyond that who knows

Spurs Homer
12-05-2018, 01:12 AM
If there was someone who could check Pop - but it appears Pop is the top of the food chain in S.A.

Holt? Doesn't seem to be a hands on and he trusts pop - but what is needed is someone who can look Pop in the eye and ASK HIM - if he really really still feels like he can keep coaching?
Is Pop even still interested?
Is he still loving the process?

Is he ready to leave?

Pop has earned the right to leave when he wants - but I think someone needs to find out where Pop's head is at.
He might just be in shock/grief from his recent loss. (His wife - and also Manu & Tony)

Pop is an enlightened man and if someone called his attention to his state of mind he just might walk away on his own.

Russ
12-05-2018, 01:21 AM
Could Pop's national reputation collapse faster than previously thought?

Because Pop has never ingratiated himself to anyone?

The stars that make up the national team gush about Pop when asked. But people love to see an icon fall even if its really due to the cycles of fortune.

NASpurs
12-05-2018, 01:23 AM
Would he still remain president of the team if he were to step down as coach? Would he still remain active in the shaping of the roster or just be laissez-faire about it?

Because if it's the former instead of the latter... blagh.

hombre
12-05-2018, 01:38 AM
He does give a fuck...to the opposing coach at half court after every game. It’s like he’s only coaching so he has an excuse to grope other men.

Dude looks like Joe Biden with those poor kids.

The only dudes I've ever met in my entire life that act like this about gay people are super-repressed gay people. All other dudes believe this as well.

DJR210
12-05-2018, 01:52 AM
:lol Pop will never get the axe.. sit on the toilet with a shotgun in your mouth, and pull the trigger with your big toe for even letting the thought cross your mind.

Immortal Spur
12-05-2018, 01:59 AM
Pop has always preferred to play vets and players with corporate knowledge... Never noticed it before cause the big 3 covered so much but now that Pop has so much youth, he really doesn’t have a lot of patience for it. Every time a youngin makes a mistake I look at the bench and it looks like he’s gonna have a heart attack. He’s more a disciplinarian than encourager. He’s beginning to look a little archaic out there. He continues to play vets cause they have corporate knowledge even though the youth with a little more rope heightens the ceiling. I mean Marco needs to be traded at this point. He’s shooting is horrendous and his defense is worse. Cunningham is fine in a more limited role and same with Forbes. Forbes should be flipped if he has any value because we know for a fact Mills won’t be traded. Pondexter to be quite honest feels like they are doing him a solid till a better option presents itself but we need help and he serves no purpose on the team. Pop is doing right by the vets like he always has but we don’t have the big 3 anymore to cover the flaws. These vets are not like the vets we’ve had in the glory days and the stars we have now aren’t legends. I wonder if pop can adapt one more time or he’s too stubborn. This roster is broken as is. I don’t know if pop is willing to do what it takes to win. I don’t think the Blazers game was as much of a fluke as some think. He did a lot of good things and went away from it this game.

December 15th can’t come soon enough. This roster needs a makeover. What’s the use in three picks if you don’t have the patience to develop them.

Bynumite
12-05-2018, 02:49 AM
This only further reinforces the fact that Duncan >>>>>>> Kobe. That's the distance between top 5 and 12, tbh.

Meanwhile Manure's not even top 50 :lmao

r0drig0lac
12-05-2018, 04:33 AM

with this roster may take longer than expected

DMC
12-05-2018, 09:14 AM
You "allow him to step down". But whatever you do, you do not permit him to make any more decisions that affect the team's future, and some of those decisions need to be made now.

I disagree. His starting PG is out for the season. His superstar player is brand new to the team. LMA's 1st season was difficult and he wanted to quit but he didn't. He lost his entire starting backcourt including his two best defenders (two of the best defenders in the league). Those were replaced with people who cannot defend for shit. If anything Pop is trying too hard to force a square peg into a round hole. This team is not designed for today's NBA, however he didn't have a lot of choice in the matter. The big 3 are gone, Kawhi is gone, Danny is gone, Fathead is gone.

Kawhi
Manu
Tony
Danny
Kyle
Murray

That's a huge hit. Manu was much more important off the bench than his points production indicated.

LMA
DeRozan
Rudy Gay

Who else on the team is worth a damn? Certainly not Patty Mills or Marco.

Somehow this falls on Pop and a new coach would right this? No.

DMC
12-05-2018, 09:17 AM

Neither is Bynum, your name sake.

sasaint
12-05-2018, 09:52 AM
I disagree. His starting PG is out for the season. His superstar player is brand new to the team. LMA's 1st season was difficult and he wanted to quit but he didn't. He lost his entire starting backcourt including his two best defenders (two of the best defenders in the league). Those were replaced with people who cannot defend for shit. If anything Pop is trying too hard to force a square peg into a round hole. This team is not designed for today's NBA, however he didn't have a lot of choice in the matter. The big 3 are gone, Kawhi is gone, Danny is gone, Fathead is gone.

Kawhi
Manu
Tony
Danny
Kyle
Murray

That's a huge hit. Manu was much more important off the bench than his points production indicated.

LMA
DeRozan
Rudy Gay

Pop is the only one who had choices in the matter. And he chose to go with antiquated square pegs for modern round holes. It kind of boils down to how you view LMA and DeMar. You think they are keepers; I think the team has to move on from them in order to compete in the modern NBA.

UncleDennis
12-05-2018, 10:19 AM
No way...There's no John Gotti in this Spurs mafia, the owners are probably not even paying attention at this point and if they were he can always fall back on the Kawhi debacle so it'll save his job but losing a top 2 player in the league in his prime no matter the reasons won't save his legacy. That just shouldn't happen to a GOAT coach/franchise but more importantly since it occurred at the end of his career, time-wise he won't be able to overcome it (like the Kobe/Shaq thing with Phil except Phil still had time on his side and overcame it).

It looks like he is pivoting to leaving sooner then expected anyway, with that last article about his disdain for the 3 point line, I expect the next one to be more along the lines of basketball not being fulfilling anymore and not in a general sense.

Everyone here is too smart to think that the hole they're in is gonna be solved by some magic switch like a coaching change. Unless Walker is secretly a Jordanesque talent this is going to be a long and trying process.

MultiTroll
12-05-2018, 11:06 AM
This team is not designed for today's NBA, however he didn't have a lot of choice in the matter.
:rollin
"President of All Things Spurs" or whatever Lord Pops title is.

Thanks for the laugh.

DAF86
12-05-2018, 11:15 AM

Son, please. Manu is one of the greatest basketball players of all-time. Period.

DMC
12-05-2018, 06:44 PM
:rollin
"President of All Things Spurs" or whatever Lord Pops title is.

Thanks for the laugh.

You think there's some hidden talent on the market that Pop can magically acquire? I don't give a shit if he's POTUS, you cannot create talent.

DMC
12-05-2018, 06:53 PM
Pop is the only one who had choices in the matter. And he chose to go with antiquated square pegs for modern round holes. It kind of boils down to how you view LMA and DeMar. You think they are keepers; I think the team has to move on from them in order to compete in the modern NBA.

The alternative is pure speculative horse shit. There's always the bitching about who we have but never the alternative that makes any sense, since most of it is just hand wavium magic without thought to what's available that wants to be in San Antonio. Face it, you're in fucking San Antonio, and though I love the city most people don't want to live there if they have the option of other places. It's not the best franchise in the world for endorsements, and Pop garners most of the credit for successes.

I don't think LMA or DDR are keepers. They are rentals at best. DDR is likely going to bolt ASAP. This isn't new though and didn't change because Kawhi left. Kawhi and LMA weren't going to the Finals together and DDR is an anomaly like Cousins in New Orleans.

MultiTroll
12-05-2018, 08:07 PM
You think there's some hidden talent on the market that Pop can magically acquire? I don't give a shit if he's POTUS, you cannot create talent.
"hidden talent"?

He signed Patty at 12:01 am with no other bidders. :lmao
Gasols loyalty contract for all the Spurs Championships he's contributed to.

Hell yes there was and has been talent to be had instead of draining the future away with these putrid signings.

BackHome
12-05-2018, 09:18 PM
I think Pop is going to retire after this season he just doesn’t have the love for the game anymore. Every Spur fan new this day was coming I am shocked of all the crying and bitching on us tanking some spoiled little bitches in the forum. We tanking and that is OK this team needs a major overhaul only maybe 3 players are legit NBA starters the rest are G League at best. It’s time we re load get by hitting the lottery drafting in the top 8 and trading or letting shitty old/undersized players.

DAF86
12-05-2018, 09:26 PM
I think Pop is going to retire after this season he just doesn’t have the love for the game anymore. Every Spur fan new this day was coming I am shocked of all the crying and bitching on us tanking some spoiled little bitches in the forum. We tanking and that is OK this team needs a major overhaul only maybe 3 players are legit NBA starters the rest are G League at best. It’s time we re load get by hitting the lottery drafting in the top 8 and trading or letting shitty old/undersized players.

Do you have problems keeping up? Nobody is bitching because we are tanking. Folks are "bitching" exactly because they want to tank but PATFO won't do it.

DPG21920
12-05-2018, 09:47 PM

Kawhi
Manu
Tony
Danny
Kyle
Murray

LMA
DeRozan
Rudy Gay

A few things. We keep acting like Spurs just ended up with these guys like Pop had no decision or say in whom they traded for or signed. Or who they let walk (Kyle). He did. So some of that is on him.

Beyond that, even though I agree Pop/FO was put in a tough spot, he is not coaching well with what he does have. Would it mean a lot more wins? Probably not, but it would probably result in a few and it would definitely be a lot less embarrassing(in before “a loss is a loss”. no. It’s not. This is embarrassing)

Keepin' it real
12-05-2018, 10:09 PM
If the Spurs lose by 30+ again tonight, I wonder if Pop will submit his immediate resignation???

sasaint
12-05-2018, 10:17 PM
If the Spurs lose by 30+ again tonight, I wonder if Pop will submit his immediate resignation???

So, are the players tanking to get rid of Pop?

DMC
12-05-2018, 11:01 PM
You got LMA, Demar and others that don't have the same fire to win that Manu had or that Tim had. These guys don't mind losing especially if they have that thousand yard stare... looking for their next landing spot.

sasaint
12-05-2018, 11:07 PM

With any luck, he won't wait until the season's end. I am scared that gives him time to make more moves to kill this team.

dbreiden83080
12-06-2018, 05:42 AM
You asked this:

I told you Pop did. Don't shoot the messenger, tbh.

He is the HC what is he supposed to say? "We are going to suck ass all year long" That's motivating.. :rolleyes

Vito Corleone
12-06-2018, 05:50 AM
No way...There's no John Gotti in this Spurs mafia,

You shut your whore mouth.

tbdog
12-06-2018, 08:13 AM
Pop walks before getting fired. He won't lose the team. We are an injured team made prior to the blockbuster trade.

DAF86
12-06-2018, 11:24 AM
He is the HC what is he supposed to say? "We are going to suck ass all year long" That's motivating.. :rolleyes

Hhahaha, dude stop, seriously, you're a making a fool out of yourself. Do you think Pop made the moves he made to suck? :lol No, he made them because he thought they were the moves that would help improve the roster the most.

He honestly thought this team was better than last year just for the fact of adding DeMar, ignoring the fact that he had no defensive talent. He underrated the importance of defensive talent, and overrated his sytem. He fucked up big time. It's OK, he did a great job for a long time, he earned the right to fuck up without getting canned.

MultiTroll
12-06-2018, 11:34 AM
We all know he's not getting fired by this ownership.

Q. is will he voluntarily walk at the end of this year?

I say no. He stays thru this contract and joins his beloved Golden State Phaggots for what he envisions as Olympic glory and accolades.

OTOH if this stays ugly like only better then the tanking Suns ugly...…:lol
Maybe then the stubburn old phuck will consider.

In fairness to CIA Popped, if Murray and Gasol were healthy it would help. Murray a lot, GaPaycheck a little.

dbreiden83080
12-06-2018, 04:25 PM
Hhahaha, dude stop, seriously, you're a making a fool out of yourself. Do you think Pop made the moves he made to suck?

lol No, he made them because he thought they were the moves that would help improve the roster the most.

He honestly thought this team was better than last year just for the fact of adding DeMar, ignoring the fact that he had no defensive talent. He underrated the importance of defensive talent, and overrated his sytem. He fucked up big time. It's OK, he did a great job for a long time, he earned the right to fuck up without getting canned.

Right off the bat Pop has made his bones on being a defensive minded coach, so for you to say he ignored the defense makes you sound like you are trolling.. The game is very offensive minded today, but Pop raved about Leonard's D night and day. I don't think Pop ever told Timmy, to stop protecting the rim, and just go get us 30.. He made the moves he made to try and stay competitive. Making the best out of a very bad situation. But No chance he honestly thought they would be better, or contenders at all. Pop has been around forever, and is one of the top minds in the game. He knows how great Leonard was prior to Leonard becoming a baby about all things Pop and Spurs. He also knew full well how limited a player Demar Derozan was. He can put the ball in the basket, and that is about it. What happened this off-season would be the equivalent of Spurs losing Tim Duncan in 2002 and they replace him with Jermaine O'Neal. Jermaine's numbers look good, we should still be pretty good right? Sure O'Neal is a pretty good player, but this is Tim Duncan we lost.. Leonard is public enemy number 1 in SA but he is special. Our legs were caught off in terms of trade value. The guy refused to play last year.. Hell most of you were here last year, saying even with a healthy Leonard Spurs were not contenders. Now has this worked out worse than Pop thought? Absolutely. But he knew what Leonard was. And what Demar Derozan is..

DAF86
12-06-2018, 05:38 PM
Right off the bat Pop has made his bones on being a defensive minded coach, so for you to say he ignored the defense makes you sound like you are trolling.. The game is very offensive minded today, but Pop raved about Leonard's D night and day. I don't think Pop ever told Timmy, to stop protecting the rim, and just go get us 30.. He made the moves he made to try and stay competitive. Making the best out of a very bad situation. But No chance he honestly thought they would be better, or contenders at all. Pop has been around forever, and is one of the top minds in the game. He knows how great Leonard was prior to Leonard becoming a baby about all things Pop and Spurs. He also knew full well how limited a player Demar Derozan was. He can put the ball in the basket, and that is about it. What happened this off-season would be the equivalent of Spurs losing Tim Duncan in 2002 and they replace him with Jermaine O'Neal. Jermaine's numbers look good, we should still be pretty good right? Sure O'Neal is a pretty good player, but this is Tim Duncan we lost.. Leonard is public enemy number 1 in SA but he is special. Our legs were caught off in terms of trade value. The guy refused to play last year.. Hell most of you were here last year, saying even with a healthy Leonard Spurs were not contenders. Now has this worked out worse than Pop thought? Absolutely. But he knew what Leonard was. And what Demar Derozan is..

I don't care for the spinning you are trying to do here. Pop literally said "we'll do it again this season. This time with more talent than what we had last year". He was clearly not expecting to be a lottery team. You also weren't expecting the Spurs to be a lottery team from the fact that you predicted this team to win 55 game. :lol

So stop the bullshit and just admit that you were talking out of your ass on this thread when you said no one expected the Spurs to be good.

UncleDennis
12-12-2018, 08:05 PM
You shut your whore mouth.

come on, all you Corleones are murderers anyway:lol