PDA

View Full Version : Trade LaMarcus

alpha_HaZE
11-30-2018, 11:11 PM
Some of us have been saying it for quite some time now.

https://twitter.com/javi_saurusrex/status/1068705677990866945

LA for Bradley Beal works straight up, and I would do it in a heartbeat regardless of not having a legit big in our roster. Also, maybe we can send him back to Portland. Any other ideas????

r0drig0lac
11-30-2018, 11:14 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/tFK8urY6XHj2w/giphy.gif

Spurs fever
11-30-2018, 11:17 PM
Hmmmm

NASpurs
11-30-2018, 11:20 PM
:cry Ma Touches :cry is a lone wolf type of player. Send him to Siberia.

timtonymanu
11-30-2018, 11:23 PM
Danny Green turning back into LDN when he’s no longer his teammate.

The time to trade him was last year, now he’s on the decline and we’re stuck with him.

NASpurs
11-30-2018, 11:24 PM
Danny Green turning back into LDN when he’s no longer his teammate.

The time to trade him was last year, now he’s on the decline and we’re stuck with him.

I honestly think he's disinterested.

rasuo214
11-30-2018, 11:24 PM
I've been saying this almost the entire time, going back to Kawhi's last full season here. So annoying that PATFO didn't trade him during the off-season after rebuilding some trade value.

sasaint
11-30-2018, 11:25 PM
:cry Ma Touches :cry is a lone wolf type of player. Send him to Siberia.

Actually the Wiz signed DWert who just had back surgery. I think they would like LMA. I don't usually post trades, because that is just a moot exercise. But... I like a two-trade proposition: Touches and DeMar to Washington for Beal and Porter, simultaneously trading Pau (and a 2nd?) to the Cavs for Tristan.

sasaint
11-30-2018, 11:27 PM
I've been saying this almost the entire time, going back to Kawhi's last full season here. So annoying that PATFO didn't trade him during the off-season after rebuilding some trade value.

Some of us didn't want him in the first place, and agreed that he should have been traded after last season. :tu

SouthTexasRancher
11-30-2018, 11:27 PM
We will never win a championship with him on the team. He is a 180 from Timmy. I'd say at this point everyone will be considered as trade material. But this team as it is ain't going to even get close to the playoffs. Right now they are a lottery team. And Pop should retire to his winery where he can let RC Drunkford stay drunk 24/7/365.

SpurPadre
11-30-2018, 11:28 PM
I honestly think he's disinterested.

A star who cares more about his touches than winning a Championship...smh.

SpurPadre
11-30-2018, 11:30 PM
Some of us didn't want him in the first place, and agreed that he should have been traded after last season. :tu

Going after him when he was at his peak made sense and we had to go for it. It just hasn't worked out as hoped.

NASpurs
11-30-2018, 11:33 PM
A star who cares more about his touches than winning a Championship...smh.

Like I get why we went after him... but does he sound like a guy who's over himself? I swear Pop has a criteria as to who he wants on the team and he just don't seem like the type of player that fits the Spurs mold. But what are you gonna do, it's not like free agents are busting through doors to go to San Antonio.

UZER
11-30-2018, 11:35 PM
LMA is just like Harden. When the going gets tough and they aren't getting theirs, they mentally check out.

outmap
11-30-2018, 11:38 PM
Trade LMA, Toronto pick, Gasol, White, Pondexter and Mills for Beal, Porter and Morris. Draft either Gafford or Bol and play DDR at the point. Sign a Big for the mle in the off-season.

SpurPadre
11-30-2018, 11:38 PM
Like I get why we went after him... but does he sound like a guy who's over himself? I swear Pop has a criteria as to who he wants on the team and he just don't seem like the type of player that fits the Spurs mold. But what are you gonna do, it's not like free agents are busting through doors to go to San Antonio.

It was a no brainer going after him but once he went into Pop's office and asked for a trade, that should've been it. The Pop who shitcanned Stevie Jax would've done it.

Degoat
11-30-2018, 11:40 PM
what’s crazy is what is his trade value? I just can’t imagine getting much value for him

Kori Ellis
11-30-2018, 11:46 PM
Trading now would be selling way too low. I guess you could ask DeRozan to sit out for a month or two :lol, so that Aldridge can be "the man" and improve his stats/trade value.

sasaint
12-01-2018, 12:00 AM
Going after him when he was at his peak made sense and we had to go for it. It just hasn't worked out as hoped.

Made sense to some but not all.

SpurPadre
12-01-2018, 12:16 AM
Wasn't the Suns his second choice when we got him? I wonder if they'd still take him for their first round pick?

JeffDuncan
12-01-2018, 12:23 AM
If LMA is seen as an over the hill player who doesn't mesh with the direction the league is headed, it doesn't matter what his stats are. His value won't go up, as other teams see it.

If LMA, himself, wants out, he should be traded if at all possible, as soon as possible. His presence, or absence, appears to have little to do with the ultimate fate of the team this season. We're bad.

Try to get an incoming draft pick in connection with trading him. Under no circumstances give up a pick to move him.

Combine him with any other player(s) on the team to move him, if that's what it takes, except Murray or Walker.

One thing about it, it's a pressure-free situation in a way. No need to get a top quality player in return, not this year. Let the tank happen.

Best to look for a "showy" player who can entertain the crowd and give something to talk about, even if he isn't very helpful for the final score.

My view, worth what you paid for it.

baseline bum
12-01-2018, 12:26 AM
LOL everyone who gave me shit for saying they should have traded Aldridge last summer when his trade value was as high as it would ever be.

dbreiden83080
12-01-2018, 12:29 AM
He doesn’t have much value right now. I would not give up a good player or significant draft picks for someone at the tail end of their prime. Hell he looks away past it right now.

fusionjazzman72
12-01-2018, 01:12 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25421927/san-antonio-spurs-roughed-again

Does Pop have any value in this video?? Yikes this is a sad to witness but happens to all the best.

marinoman
12-01-2018, 01:20 AM
You don’t buy high, sell low. The offers will be dogshit

Kurgan
12-01-2018, 01:27 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25421927/san-antonio-spurs-roughed-again

Does Pop have any value in this video?? Yikes this is a sad to witness but happens to all the best.

He looks like he's aged five years since his wife passed away. He should have kept the beard.

duncan2k5
12-01-2018, 01:47 AM
Now u guys are seeing it my way...

Amuseddaysleeper
12-01-2018, 01:53 AM
Always hated Aldridge

Idiots in here wanted his jersey retired for leading this team to 47 wins :lmao

Hoops Czar
12-01-2018, 02:06 AM
Always hated Aldridge

Idiots in here wanted his jersey retired for leading this team to 47 wins :lmao

Some of those same idiots thought Kawhi was part of the problem with his ballhogging Diva-like tendencies and his wanting to be more like Jordan asnd Kobe. :lmao

tonski17
12-01-2018, 03:21 AM
He needs more touches:fro the guards aside from DDR are sometimes out of control and trigger happy.

BackHome
12-01-2018, 05:12 AM
I could see Boston making a move they are starting to feel the heat and they really need a big man to have a chance this year. Looking at more of there draft picks as they have 4 first round picks.

MoSpur02
12-01-2018, 05:20 AM
Trade him to the ATL for John Collins. Cut Cunningham and bring in Corey Brewer. It's not like he can be any worse and it's not like it's going to cost the Spurs a lot of money. Bring Ty Lawson and demote Forbes or trade him. That too wouldn't cost the Spurs a lot of money. Lawson couldn't be any worse than Forbes.

Forbes isn't a PG. The guy can't even make solid entry passes. He doesn't know how to set up the offense. He's a undersized shooting guard.

Robz4000
12-01-2018, 05:42 AM
Trade him to the ATL for John Collins. Cut Cunningham and bring in Corey Brewer. It's not like he can be any worse and it's not like it's going to cost the Spurs a lot of money. Bring Ty Lawson and demote Forbes or trade him. That too wouldn't cost the Spurs a lot of money. Lawson couldn't be any worse than Forbes.

Forbes isn't a PG. The guy can't even make solid entry passes. He doesn't know how to set up the offense. He's a undersized shooting guard.

No chance in hell the Hawks trade Collins for LMA. Not even sure they'd do it for anything less than LMA/Murray/Walker.

DogChapman
12-01-2018, 06:58 AM
LMA has a limited market due to his contract (and especially) his age.

In short, he's over the hill. A non upper echelon playoff team wont give up a good young prospect for him. Which should be obvious.

Raven
12-01-2018, 07:05 AM
we're playing with cunningham, forbes, white, belinelli, bertans.. where exactly do you expect to get?

objective
12-01-2018, 07:12 AM
Nobody wants an old pouty LaMelo getting paid a lot. They'd just get back an equally long contract.

LMA has fallen off so much it's sad. All-NBA to not even being close to an alternate for the all-star game.

duncan2k5
12-01-2018, 10:40 AM
i'd trade LMA for freaking trevor ariza at this point...just get him out...if we are gonna lose, i rather not have his cancerous ass infecting our young players like he did kawhi...im sure kawhi hated the fuk out aldridge seeing all his behind the scenes attitudes...no wonder he left after aldridge signed the extension...playing four more years with THAT guy??? who demanded a trade after pouting a whole season, then choking in the playoffs? id want the fuk out too