PDA

View Full Version : Can the Spurs Finish Ahead of the Suns tbh?

Play Boban
12-01-2018, 12:53 AM
The Sours are 14th in the West, with a six-game lead over last place Phoenix. Can the Spurs maintain their advantage and avoid finishing in the cellar. I’m starting to have my doubts tbh... :smokin

trade4boban

fusionjazzman72
12-01-2018, 01:11 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25421927/san-antonio-spurs-roughed-again

The way pop looks in this video makes me have my doubts.

Chinook
12-01-2018, 01:15 AM
I hope they don't. I'm cool with trying to make the playoffs, but there's no upside in not getting a top-three pick if the alternative is getting like the eighth pick.

fusionjazzman72
12-01-2018, 01:18 AM
Better to tank and I'm fine with it

phxspurfan
12-01-2018, 02:33 AM
Spurs will def finish ahead of the Suns. Also will finish ahead of the Mavs and Kings. Those teams aren't as good as their place in the current standings. Spurs will be 12th at the end of the year, right behind New Orleans and Minny

SAGirl
12-01-2018, 02:49 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25421927/san-antonio-spurs-roughed-again

The way pop looks in this video makes me have my doubts.
Well he admits he has to do a better job at least.

r0drig0lac
12-01-2018, 06:19 AM
Well he admits he has to do a better job at least.

I hope he's talking about his work at the front office.

cjw
12-01-2018, 08:29 AM
I hope they don't. I'm cool with trying to make the playoffs, but there's no upside in not getting a top-three pick if the alternative is getting like the eighth pick.

Spurs will def finish ahead of the Suns. Also will finish ahead of the Mavs and Kings. Those teams aren't as good as their place in the current standings. Spurs will be 12th at the end of the year, right behind New Orleans and Minny

Definitely ahead of the Suns and probably ahead of Dallas, Sacramento and maybe one other team that implodes through injury. So 1-4 teams behind them in the West.

East is the bigger issue to tanking. Knicks, Bulls, Cavs and Hawks almost certainly finish with a worse record. But there’s a chance every team in the East not making the playoffs has a worse record (7 teams ... playoff teams not in lottery so could have worse record but pick later).

So best case I see is picking 7th and worst 12th if things stay on this trajectory. That’s between a 0.7% and 4.3% chance of the top pick. Or a 1.5% to 15% chance at a top three pick.

Pretty poor. And I doubt this team engages in rampant tanking so 12th is more likely than 7th in lottery order.

Raven
12-01-2018, 08:40 AM
i'm ok with tanking, especially if we don't trade for behemoth contracts or fake upside young guys...

TheGreatYacht
12-01-2018, 09:23 AM
Pop is such a selfish faggot he'll probably give up a pick to get some role player that could help us get swept in the first round. He already fucked the next regime by trading Kawhi for a near 30-yr old.

cd98
12-01-2018, 09:33 AM
Spurs are making Kawhi look better by the game. What a drop off.

Keepin' it real
12-01-2018, 09:34 AM
The Sours are 14th in the West, with a six-game lead over last place Phoenix. Can the Spurs maintain their advantage and avoid finishing in the cellar. I’m starting to have my doubts tbh... :smokin

trade4boban

:cry

DMC
12-01-2018, 10:06 AM
Some of you act like the Spurs traded Kawhi. Kawhi hasn't played as a Spur in any meaningful game since his injury against the Warriors in the WCF. He wasn't going to play this year. He would have sat out all year nursing his lie.

TheGreatYacht
12-01-2018, 10:11 AM
Some of you act like the Spurs traded Kawhi. Kawhi hasn't played as a Spur in any meaningful game since his injury against the Warriors in the WCF. He wasn't going to play this year. He would have sat out all year nursing his lie.
Lol no choice but to speculate in order to jizz rag for Pop

DMC
12-01-2018, 10:30 AM
Lol no choice but to speculate in order to jizz rag for Pop

Your constant edgelord shtick is your way of holding on to your adolescence.

Play Boban
12-01-2018, 10:49 AM
Somehow we traded away trash and got a supposed superstar (DeRozan), and yet we suck this year.

DMC
12-01-2018, 01:16 PM
Somehow we traded away trash and got a supposed superstar (DeRozan), and yet we suck this year.

There's more going on than that trade. There are 9 new players. Player fans should use this moment as a learning opportunity by realizing that a team's success relies on the team, not just the star player.

bic50
12-01-2018, 01:30 PM
There's more going on than that trade. There are 9 new players. Player fans should use this moment as a learning opportunity by realizing that a team's success relies on the team, not just the star player.
Starts at the top.

dbestpro
12-01-2018, 06:44 PM
There is no coach who has ever lived that will get this roster to play effective defense. Time to retool if there is any hope.

TrainOfThought5
12-01-2018, 07:54 PM
Tank. Clear bad contracts. Trade old vets, whatever it takes. Pull the damn bandaid off.

JeffDuncan
12-01-2018, 07:58 PM
Amen brother.

SouthTexasRancher
12-02-2018, 06:20 AM
I don't trust PATFO anymore. Not when they hand out contracts to Gasol and Mills as though it was a bag of candy and leaving us with no flexibility. This season along with the next couple of seasons are going to be hard for the fans to stomach. Pop really seems out of touch. He doesn't know how to defend all these athletic teams who can play defense and are good shooters. We have to make some trades. This team is made up of bench players.