PDA

View Full Version : Disturbing trend....

Spurtacular
12-02-2018, 12:22 AM
Been betting on a lot of Spurs games over the last three years. They've been typically good at home, and the spreads have reflected that; still, in most cases I took the Spurs. Tomorrow, Spurs are -1 against the Blazers and I'm not so sure I wouldn't take the Blazers if I were betting on this one. Last year, the road quality was lost. Now it's spreading to home games, too.....

phxspurfan
12-02-2018, 03:17 AM
Good stars play well on the road
- lost most of that in 2017

Good role players play well at home
- lost all of that in 2018

We're left with
https://image.ibb.co/ngxNMK/18a.png

Andreas68
12-02-2018, 05:22 AM
DeRozan,.........74000dollar each day,........LM.Aldrige,...61100dollar each day,...........Pau Gasol,.......46000dollar each day,........P.Mills,......31500dollar each day.........Rudy Gay,.....27400dollar each day.........Thats simple crazy!!!!!!!!! No One should become so much Money for those kind of Performance!!!!!! Maximum Saläry 5000000dollar Year! Thats enough!!!!

SouthTexasRancher
12-02-2018, 06:24 AM
DeRozan,.........74000dollar each day,........LM.Aldrige,...61100dollar each day,...........Pau Gasol,.......46000dollar each day,........P.Mills,......31500dollar each day.........Rudy Gay,.....27400dollar each day.........Thats simple crazy!!!!!!!!! No One should become so much Money for those kind of Performance!!!!!! Maximum Saläry 5000000dollar Year! Thats enough!!!!

You are right but, it is what it is. I don't think any pro athlete is worth anywhere near what they make these days. Yes, it is crazy beyond comprehension.

RC_Drunkford
12-02-2018, 11:25 AM
You are right but, it is what it is. I don't think any pro athlete is worth anywhere near what they make these days. Yes, it is crazy beyond comprehension.

they get paid that much cause sports are a distraction so people don't focus on the real issues that are going on in this world

ECOV
12-02-2018, 11:31 AM
they get paid that much cause sports are a distraction so people don't focus on the real issues that are going on in this world
or with themselves

Coach X
12-02-2018, 11:58 AM

or with themselves
True, but don't forget there is a business on top of that. There are big companies making much more money than these sportsmen. A whole specific sport industry (tickets, sportswear, equipment, etc.)and a bigger entertainment industry (mass media, social media, IT, etc). They entertain and distract us, they make money with it AND they keep making money with the rest of the things where we are not looking at. Recently the discovered they can take some more money from us through online gambling, and it's working very well.

Duncan(DonPerro)
12-02-2018, 03:46 PM
+10

Duncan(DonPerro)
12-02-2018, 03:48 PM
@ coach X: +10

bic50
12-02-2018, 04:28 PM
They are the reason the NBA makes money

CosmicCowboy
12-02-2018, 05:14 PM
Athletes get paid that much because sports are still the only thing people watch in real time and watch the commercials without fast forwarding.

SouthTexasRancher
12-03-2018, 06:15 AM

Interesting way of framing it but, true.

SouthTexasRancher
12-03-2018, 06:17 AM
They are the reason the NBA makes money

You think...! :toast

jermaine
12-03-2018, 06:22 AM

I say the same shit.... they pay anyone to dollar to keep us distracted from real life issues. Then get mad when those people they're paying try to bring your attention to real life issues.

UncleDennis
12-03-2018, 10:07 AM

Sure is something, seeing the real world break down like that...

Imagine what kind of life you'd have if you were making 27k a day. Money doesn't buy happiness though :eyebrows:eyebrows

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-03-2018, 01:33 PM
Athletes get paid that much because sports are still the only thing people watch in real time and watch the commercials without fast forwarding.

Very true.

They're entertainers. Probably moreso than actors these days. It's not about skill, it's about marketability.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-03-2018, 01:41 PM
Been betting on a lot of Spurs games over the last three years. They've been typically good at home, and the spreads have reflected that; still, in most cases I took the Spurs. Tomorrow, Spurs are -1 against the Blazers and I'm not so sure I wouldn't take the Blazers if I were betting on this one. Last year, the road quality was lost. Now it's spreading to home games, too.....

Figure out the games that the Spurs won't show up (which are pretty easy to predict if you watch them a lot) and bet against them with the point spread. You can usually bet the over, too, in those games and get a parlay victory. I've done it several times. But yeah, I don't have any idea when to take them to actually win anymore, so I don't try.

Spurtacular
12-03-2018, 06:59 PM
Figure out the games that the Spurs won't show up (which are pretty easy to predict if you watch them a lot) and bet against them with the point spread. You can usually bet the over, too, in those games and get a parlay victory. I've done it several times. But yeah, I don't have any idea when to take them to actually win anymore, so I don't try.

Traditionally the spread has been the easy thing to call. I do do the over/under parlays; but that can be a little less predictable. I've lost probably more sure money than benefitted from the parlays, tbh. Straight bets are typically smarter; but parlays are more fun.