PDA

View Full Version : Fred Hoiberg is available

Ibleedslvrnblk
12-03-2018, 03:17 PM
Maybe we can do a deal for him. Careful what you wish for and what the future holds when Pop is gone you haters. Could be a carousel of hasbeens and never will bees...

Just a friendly reminder be grateful for what you have

exstatic
12-03-2018, 03:17 PM
Maybe we can do a deal for him. Careful what you wish for and what the future holds when Pop is gone you haters. Could be a carousel of hasbeens and never will bees...

Fred Hoiberg is on that carousel...

r0drig0lac
12-03-2018, 03:24 PM
he can play SF?

DAF86
12-03-2018, 03:29 PM

Isn't that what many are claiming about Pop?

BatManu20
12-03-2018, 03:29 PM
Literally one of the worst coaches in terms of in-game adjustments. He was canned for a reason.

SAGirl
12-03-2018, 03:42 PM
The Bulls definitely gave him a lot of time and leash b4 making this decision. They even sided with Hoiberg when Jimmy Butler was saying he let everyone get away with poor play.

hater
12-03-2018, 03:53 PM
He seems like a shit coach tbqh

K...
12-03-2018, 03:58 PM
Congrats to Jim boylen. By all accounts he's going to be their coach going forward.

sananspursfan21
12-03-2018, 04:57 PM
Ohhhh man. Please no. You think Pop sucks now, you haven’t seen first hand how bad an nba Coach can really be. You guys are ridiculous.

SpurPadre
12-03-2018, 05:00 PM
Congrats to Jim boylen. By all accounts he's going to be their coach going forward.

Looks like Ayres is getting called up, tbh. But Boylen's biggest challenge will be remembering who his players are.

ECOV
12-03-2018, 05:26 PM
Ohhhh man. Please no. You think Pop sucks now, you haven’t seen first hand how bad an nba Coach can really be. You guys are ridiculous.

Exacty pop is not perfect , hell no coach is but pop is elite and should be grateful for what we have

Ibleedslvrnblk
12-03-2018, 05:46 PM
I am glad we see some appreciation. Players rave about him look at what DD said about last night. Obviously he is not perfect. If you think you know better maybe start a career in coaching or gm and we can talk about you in 10-15 years...

phxspurfan
12-03-2018, 06:17 PM
There are some really bad coaches in the NBA.

Dwayne Casey (coach of the year? lol ok)
Dave Joerger (or whatever his name is. Total shitter. Completely taking the credit of a talented team and not at all overachieving with them. Kings could be a 2nd round playoff team with a coach like Pop/Spo/Brad Stevens/Carlisle/etc)
Scott Brooks (Why does he still have a job? Ran two talented teams straight into the ground -- OKC and Wizz)
Luke Walton (Dub coattailer / another LeBron coach in name only, couldn't get a Lonzo Ball system to work last year, also didn't improve his shot at all, it actually got worse if that's possible)
Kurt Rambis (LOL shit player and shit coach)
Steve Kerr (Dubs coattailer / not original at all / stealing Pop/Bud's system and using it with all world players isn't coaching. Neither is acting like a bad boy on the sidelines. Get shit on routinely by normal/expected game plans like Bully Ball by Aldridge/Whiteside/Drummond/etc etc. Can't win without 4 hall of famers on the court at the same time + Iggy. Couldn't even win when just Iggy was out a year or so ago. Imagine Kerr with a typical NBA roster. Shit.)

Pavlov
12-03-2018, 06:23 PM
Should've stayed at Iowa State.

timvp
12-03-2018, 06:44 PM
It'll take about two games after Pop is gone for Pop-hating Spurs fans to realize the grass isn't greener. Kinda like how 90% of SpursTalk Spurs fans hated post-2015 Tony Parker ... until he left and now they realize he wasn't the problem, tbh.

Chillen
12-03-2018, 06:59 PM
So yes there was no point in firing Thibs.

Hoiberg is just an ok coach, nothing great. Almost missed playoffs the one season he did make it as head coach and they had Wade, Butler on the roster.

There are some really bad coaches in the NBA.
Steve Kerr (Dubs coattailer / not original at all / stealing Pop/Bud's system and using it with all world players isn't coaching. Neither is acting like a bad boy on the sidelines. Get shit on routinely by normal/expected game plans like Bully Ball by Aldridge/Whiteside/Drummond/etc etc. Can't win without 4 hall of famers on the court at the same time + Iggy. Couldn't even win when just Iggy was out a year or so ago. Imagine Kerr with a typical NBA roster. Shit.)

I agree, he is just an ok coach like Hoiberg. He is basically a Phil/Pop wannabe. I would love to see him coach an NBA team with scrubs instead of 4 all-stars and see what the end result would be. He used to work the NBA sidelines as a TNT host for NBA games so he has the persona of an entertainer he is good with words and speeches.

ElNono
12-03-2018, 08:16 PM
It'll take about two games after Duncan is gone for Duncan-hating Spurs fans to realize the grass isn't greener. Kinda like how 90% of SpursTalk Spurs fans hated post-2015 Manu ... until he left and now they realize he wasn't the problem, tbh.

fify

DAF86
12-03-2018, 10:10 PM
It'll take about two games after Pop is gone for Pop-hating Spurs fans to realize the grass isn't greener. Kinda like how 90% of SpursTalk Spurs fans hated post-2015 Tony Parker ... until he left and now they realize he wasn't the problem, tbh.

Mmmh what? No smart fan really wants Tony back, tbh. He might not have been the problem but he sure as hell isn't the answer either, tbh. He really isn't a better player than Mills or Forbes right now, tbh. At least not as a fit with this Spurs roster.

DAF86
12-03-2018, 10:14 PM
Also, fwiw, I think a handfull of coaches could be doing a better job than Pop right now. Pop is Pop and he has earned the right to leave on his own terms, but I'm not gonna stay here and pretend like he isn't doing a below average job this season. All the way from roster construction to rotation decisions.

ElNono
12-03-2018, 10:18 PM
I don't hate or blame Pop, tbh, while it's true he could've walked away a while ago, he obviously earned staying for as long as he wants.

What's pretty clear is that he doesn't have the pressure to win anymore, neither coming from management or this current roster. It was obviously different when we had winners like TD/Manu...

Can't really blame him for not caring if his own players don't really care...

DMC
12-04-2018, 12:24 AM
Fred Hoiberg is on that carousel...

I think someone's sarcasm detector is broken.

DMC
12-04-2018, 12:25 AM
Hoiberg is shit.

Kobe'sAchilles
12-04-2018, 12:30 AM
He will go back to college and do well in the weak Big 12 conference. I'm just waiting for Becky to get her chance to coach.

RC_Drunkford
12-04-2018, 09:03 AM
Also, fwiw, I think a handfull of coaches could be doing a better job than Pop right now. Pop is Pop and he has earned the right to leave on his own terms, but I'm not gonna stay here and pretend like he isn't doing a below average job this season. All the way from roster construction to rotation decisions.

this. Hoiberg is one of the worst coaches in the NBA