PDA

View Full Version : T-Wolves: Robert Covington...

JakeCuenca
12-03-2018, 10:40 PM
Such a shame that this dude wont make the all-star game but hes been the wolves best player since the trade. A defensive monster so far.

Where would you rank him right now among elite role players whosw value is probably star level?

DAF86
12-03-2018, 11:05 PM
":cry B...but trading for DeRozan was better than trading for Covington, Saric (and probably a draft pick) :cry"

White, Green, Covington, Saric, Aldridge wouldn't be a sub-500 team right now. In fact, they are probably fighting for the first spots the way the West is looking this year. I mean, if the Clippers are up there.

And if they didn't, it doesn't matter. Covington and Saric are better pieces to build with in the future than DeRozan.

JakeCuenca
12-03-2018, 11:13 PM
Aldridge-Saric-Covington-Green-White is probably top 5 in defensive ceiling in the NBA.

The spurs need to hire new scouts ASAP.

DAF86
12-03-2018, 11:29 PM
White, Green, Covington, Saric, Aldridge

Mills, Anderson, Gay, Bertans, Gasol

7 above average defenders, 2 average defenders and just 1 below average defender. Only 1 non-shooting threat.

Easily a playoffs team. Probably top 4.

SAGirl
12-03-2018, 11:57 PM
PATFO really has been screwing up with FA/trades/ etc since 2016. They still draft very well thus why I want a high lo pick but they will screw up the tank too.

Kobe'sAchilles
12-04-2018, 12:36 AM
The dude sucked in the playoffs. Like hardcore. There's a reason why the 76ers lost to Boston and it's Robert Covington. It's been 5 games in, remember that in the first 5 games in Derozan was averaging 29 points a game and 7.5 assists.
Saric though is a baller. I want him on the Spurs. I don't think the wolves can afford him tbh. They have Towns, Wiggins, and Teague along with other scrubs they signed for big money. We just need to figure out a way to get the cash for him (bye bye Gasol)

LkrFan
12-04-2018, 06:42 AM
Such a shame that this dude wont make the all-star game but hes been the wolves best player since the trade. A defensive monster so far.

Where would you rank him right now among elite role players whosw value is probably star level?

And? :lol The sun shines on a dog's ass every once in a while. Covington ain't worthy of more than 4 all star votes. Yours and 3 blind mice. -25 points for even posting this thread son. :lol

LkrFan
12-04-2018, 06:44 AM
White, Green, Covington, Saric, Aldridge

Mills, Anderson, Gay, Bertans, Gasol

7 above average defenders, 2 average defenders and just 1 below average defender. Only 1 non-shooting threat.

Easily a playoffs team. Probably top 4.

T'Mutts vs Sp*rs. Best of 7. Who you got? :downspin:

Brazil
12-04-2018, 08:49 AM
":cry B...but trading for DeRozan was better than trading for Covington, Saric (and probably a draft pick) :cry"

White, Green, Covington, Saric, Aldridge wouldn't be a sub-500 team right now. In fact, they are probably fighting for the first spots the way the West is looking this year. I mean, if the Clippers are up there.

And if they didn't, it doesn't matter. Covington and Saric are better pieces to build with in the future than DeRozan.

not sure I agree with that tbh...

for the future yeah probably but short term I believe DeRozan is more impactful than this duo especially without Murray..

Team would be lacking ball handling with a SL in the likes aldridge, saric, covington, white and green

Killakobe81
12-04-2018, 08:49 AM

really good role player but overpaid, tbh

Isitjustme?
12-04-2018, 09:57 AM

I know hes a good defender but what makes you say this?..eye test or some advanced stats or something

DAF86
12-04-2018, 11:01 AM
T'Mutts vs Sp*rs. Best of 7. Who you got? :downspin:

Don't know. Both are equally shitty.

spurraider21
12-04-2018, 02:16 PM
i felt like the only person defending covington as a good player during the kawhi trade discussions...

good to see casuals like OP picking up on it

RsxPiimp
12-04-2018, 02:26 PM
really good role player but overpaid, tbh

killa u my guy but everyone is overpaid to u these days. this aint 1996 no more homie.:lol

spurraider21
12-04-2018, 02:41 PM
overpaid relative to the cap? people are still looking at player's salaries as if the cap was 65-70 mil. he's the same cap burden that danny green was on his 4 year deal. he's adequately paid

HarlemHeat37
12-04-2018, 02:43 PM
Covington would have been terrible with the Spurs and Aldridge-ball..he has the same offensive limitations as Danny Green..

DAF86
12-04-2018, 02:59 PM
Covington would have been terrible with the Spurs and Aldridge-ball..he has the same offensive limitations as Danny Green..

Which means he would still be better than most of our current players, tbh.

HarlemHeat37
12-04-2018, 03:02 PM
Which means he would still be better than most of our current players, tbh.

That's not saying much:lol

All the stupid posters upstairs would have turned on him after his first slump..

RsxPiimp
12-04-2018, 05:17 PM
overpaid relative to the cap? people are still looking at player's salaries as if the cap was 65-70 mil. he's the same cap burden that danny green was on his 4 year deal. he's adequately paid

yeah pretty much. $10 mil for a glue guy/niche defensive player is about right in the current era