PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs need to make a run for Cousins this summer. (And trade LA)

alpha_HaZE
12-05-2018, 03:15 AM
Kerr deals with Green, Pop should deal with Cousins. That's it, period!

Now that we got that out of the way, here is why Cousins makes sense for us;

1. because LA sucks, so we should trade him for a bag of chips.

2. he is a much better player than LA; A. he is the better passer, and more willing to pass and able to create for others. B. He is not afraid to shoot the three. And C. He drives to the basket and does not settle for long twos.

3. he does not cost that much because teams will be afraid to give him a huge contract.

Why the Spurs make sense for Cousins;

1. because of his injury, there is not a better coach than Pop, in terms of; Someone that will take care of him physically and allow him to extend his career (see Tim Duncan). Last thing he wants to do is go to a team that wants to win now at all costs and play him long minutes and get him injured again.

2. Spurs will allow him to compete for a championship for years to come.

Spurs are tanking in front of our eyes and we don't see it. So we will have a top10 pick.

Of course, Pop would not say it publicly, but all the signs are there. One; we lose games, and two; we are playing young players lots of minutes to give them the opportunity to develop their games. Derrick White, Jakob Poeltl, and Bryn Forbes, all have been in the leagues 1 to 3 years. And all get minutes. I expect Lonnie to get his fair share of playing time with the Spurs when he is healthy.

So next year we have DJ back, a top 10 draft pick, and, again hopefully, at least two of Lonnie, Poeltl, Bryn, and White will be playing solid minutes for us.

KD is out of the Golden State, and that makes the warriors vulnerable. HOU sucks, and there is not a clear number two right now. With cousins, and say we re-sign Danny Green or get an athletic wing in the LA trade, we can compete with ANYONE.

3. Last but not least, Rudy Gay. The two liked each other from their time in Sacramento and actually, there was a time they were pretty good together. Arguably that was the best team Cousins has even been part of (other than the warriors, duh, which doesn't really count).

So let's tank, develop our young players, trade LA for an athletic wing and make a run at Cousins this summer. And if that doesn't work, well we still got rid of LA :lol

alamo50
12-05-2018, 12:58 PM
Go wash your mouth.

NameLess Scrub
12-05-2018, 01:17 PM
It would be nice to complete the Aquiles starting 5.

Are there any more players with blown ankles available?

TheGreatYacht
12-05-2018, 01:21 PM
The answer to getting rid of the loser culture that was set by LMA, Mills, Gay, and DDR is to get a cancer that has never played a playoff game

SpursDynasty85
12-05-2018, 01:25 PM
Idk. I dont think any NBA player has successfully overcame the Achilles tear. I thought Rudy did but looks like his career is a limited bench player now.

John B
12-05-2018, 01:39 PM
LMA may not be great as 1st option, or 2nd. But as 4th option at Dubs? He’d be a beast. You just re-tooled Dubs another 1-2 years.

JakeCuenca
12-05-2018, 02:19 PM
The answer to getting rid of the loser culture that was set by LMA, Mills, Gay, and DDR is to get a cancer that has never played a playoff game

Spurmfans :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-05-2018, 02:27 PM
There's a reason why Sacramento has seen a resurgence. They're in their second year removed from having to deal with Cousins.

R. DeMurre
12-05-2018, 02:29 PM
No way. Sacramento tried to build around him for years, it never even came close to working, and as soon as they traded him they got better.

Joseph Kony
12-05-2018, 02:31 PM
yes lets go max out a dude with a cancerous attitude who blew his achilles out and hasnt even seen the floor yet this year. :rolleyes

NASpurs
12-05-2018, 02:32 PM
Yeah let’s get the guy who wanted to fight Sean Elliott, coming from a career changing injury and is a straight up cancer :lol

Reminds me of the Melo thread.

SpursDynasty85
12-05-2018, 02:58 PM
LMA may not be great as 1st option, or 2nd. But as 4th option at Dubs? He’d be a beast. You just re-tooled Dubs another 1-2 years.

Think he was referring to signing Cousins to a free agent contract next summer and then trading LMA for something. I don't think Spurs would want to help Warriors out and LMA is probably a safer bet since Cousins is coming off of that achilles.

slick'81
12-05-2018, 03:02 PM
Whos a bigger diva lma or dmc?

Kobe'sAchilles
12-05-2018, 03:07 PM
Yes let's sign another guy coming off a torn achilles. Brilliant! That will fix everything

UncleDennis
12-05-2018, 03:11 PM
Cousins is a talented headcase that's for sure and he'd fit right in with the current non-spurs type players like Derozan and Gay. I'm a hard pass on him.

Danny Green wouldn't want to sign back here, fuckin guy did everything for Pop, including being his whipping boy years past his "refinding" period, crying in the locker room after a first round exit in '15(or was it '16?), teams legitimately wanted him and would have overpaid him and he stayed beyond loyal and he gets shipped out for a neanderthal. At least he landed on a contender at least.

Maj_G
12-05-2018, 03:17 PM
There is a reason Danny Green is playing like 2013 and 2014 Championship Danny. No LaMarcus Aldridge!

To those of you haters that don't like Cousins, even not at100% is better than LA.

Harry Callahan
12-05-2018, 03:22 PM
Cousins is a dog (loser). Always has been. Always will be.

hater
12-05-2018, 03:24 PM
Yeah let’s get the guy who wanted to fight Sean Elliott, coming from a career changing injury and is a straight up cancer :lol

Reminds me of the Melo thread.

Fuck Sean Elliott

Trade that bitch to The Donbass Donkeys

hater
12-05-2018, 03:26 PM
Btw no one single trade this season is gona make a difference

timvp
12-05-2018, 03:29 PM
Yes, what the Spurs are missing is an immobile big with a sour attitude coming off of a career-altering injury.

sammy
12-05-2018, 03:34 PM
Kerr deals with Green, Pop should deal with Cousins. That's it, period!

Now that we got that out of the way, here is why Cousins makes sense for us;

1. because LA sucks, so we should trade him for a bag of chips.

2. he is a much better player than LA; A. he is the better passer, and more willing to pass and able to create for others. B. He is not afraid to shoot the three. And C. He drives to the basket and does not settle for long twos.

3. he does not cost that much because teams will be afraid to give him a huge contract.

Why the Spurs make sense for Cousins;

1. because of his injury, there is not a better coach than Pop, in terms of; Someone that will take care of him physically and allow him to extend his career (see Tim Duncan). Last thing he wants to do is go to a team that wants to win now at all costs and play him long minutes and get him injured again.

2. Spurs will allow him to compete for a championship for years to come.

Spurs are tanking in front of our eyes and we don't see it. So we will have a top10 pick.

Of course, Pop would not say it publicly, but all the signs are there. One; we lose games, and two; we are playing young players lots of minutes to give them the opportunity to develop their games. Derrick White, Jakob Poeltl, and Bryn Forbes, all have been in the leagues 1 to 3 years. And all get minutes. I expect Lonnie to get his fair share of playing time with the Spurs when he is healthy.

So next year we have DJ back, a top 10 draft pick, and, again hopefully, at least two of Lonnie, Poeltl, Bryn, and White will be playing solid minutes for us.

KD is out of the Golden State, and that makes the warriors vulnerable. HOU sucks, and there is not a clear number two right now. With cousins, and say we re-sign Danny Green or get an athletic wing in the LA trade, we can compete with ANYONE.

3. Last but not least, Rudy Gay. The two liked each other from their time in Sacramento and actually, there was a time they were pretty good together. Arguably that was the best team Cousins has even been part of (other than the warriors, duh, which doesn't really count).

So let's tank, develop our young players, trade LA for an athletic wing and make a run at Cousins this summer. And if that doesn't work, well we still got rid of LA :lol

Are you nuts! We don't need that nut Cousins! Pop doesn't that screwball on the roster!

NameLess Scrub
12-05-2018, 05:11 PM
Well at least I got my sarcastic comment posted first.

RC_Drunkford
12-05-2018, 05:30 PM
No way. The Spurs need to make a run at Porzingis and if they get him they should move LA. Why?

1. Because Porzingis comes off a major injury and they should be able to sign him on a good deal

2. Because he's young and would be on the same timeline as Dejounte/Walker/White. At this point the Spurs need pieces on DJ's and Walker's timeline and build around them

3. Cause he's a white Euro big, Pop loves those and we have his team mate from the national team Davis Bertans on the roster

4. Because he's mobile, athletic and can shoot 3s

exstatic
12-05-2018, 06:12 PM

Yes, what the Spurs are missing is an immobile big with a sour attitude coming off of a career-altering injury.

DMC
12-05-2018, 06:29 PM
Spurs are on that edge where they are about to turn over like a lake does in the fall, where the bottom comes up and a renewal begins. In order for that to happen, they have to let go of the past to an extent. They are still trying to make random people fit into a system that doesn't work for their skillsets.

They've always been afraid to have a blowup year, to go through a 76ers or Cavs phase, because of ticket sales I presume. They'll settle for 1st round exits for years though.

stxspurs
12-05-2018, 06:35 PM
Go wash your mouth.

Literally lol'd:lol

alpha_HaZE
12-05-2018, 07:53 PM
Whatever clowns, when I petitioned to trade LA during summer when his value was high, you had to the same reaction. Now, I was proven correct. I don't know if we ever trade him, but good luck with DeMar and LA, if we keep him.

And if not Cousins, I don't see any other free agent coming to SA, that can make a difference.

Yes, Cousins is a gamble because of health concerns mostly, but given what we have right now. It's a gamble I am willing to take.

koriwhat
12-05-2018, 08:01 PM

what's aldridge then?

slick'81
12-05-2018, 08:11 PM
what's aldridge then?

Hes atleast made a wcf i guess

alpha_HaZE
12-05-2018, 08:17 PM

So the Kings with Kawhi and Cousins don't make the playoffs? Aldridge lost us the game when we were up by 25+ points.

koriwhat
12-05-2018, 08:19 PM

still lost... no one is a winner just because they came 90% to winning.

Leetonidas
12-05-2018, 09:20 PM
What kind of retarded logic is that :lol at least LMA was making the playoffs routinely in Portland. Cousins had never even been to the post season and the one time he did it was because he missed the season with an Achilles injury and his team played better without him :lol

koriwhat
12-05-2018, 09:50 PM
What kind of retarded logic is that :lol at least LMA was making the playoffs routinely in Portland. Cousins had never even been to the post season and the one time he did it was because he missed the season with an Achilles injury and his team played better without him :lol

i get what you're saying but neither have gotten anywhere tbh. both are losers but at least we know exactly what we have in aldridge which is a big body and not much else. last year i saw a spark with aldridge and thought it'd carry over to this season, especially with kawhi gone, but he has reverted back to being disinterested and just collecting his checks.

i would've liked cousins years back but i'd stick with aldridge for now. no telling what cousins looks like on the floor atm.

DPG21920
12-05-2018, 10:00 PM
Spurs are on that edge where they are about to turn over like a lake does in the fall, where the bottom comes up and a renewal begins. In order for that to happen, they have to let go of the past to an extent. They are still trying to make random people fit into a system that doesn't work for their skillsets.

They've always been afraid to have a blowup year, to go through a 76ers or Cavs phase, because of ticket sales I presume. They'll settle for 1st round exits for years though.

I think they would be thrilled with first round exits TBH. I think they want to win if possible however, I don’t think they are dumb. They will see what is working or not and they will adjust even if that means a reset.

DMC
12-05-2018, 11:04 PM
I think they would be thrilled with first round exits TBH. I think they want to win if possible however, I don’t think they are dumb. They will see what is working or not and they will adjust even if that means a reset.

They won't reset until Pop retires because they will let him experiment with the team until he decides "fuck it". The USA Basketball appointment was the worst thing that could have happened to the Spurs, because it means Pop will likely stick around long enough to transition right into it. I like Pop, but that era is in the past and he's not going to become a renaissance man suddenly at age 70. Plus I am tired of hearing his political takes.