PDA

View Full Version : Clemson vs Notre Dame

Fabbs
12-05-2018, 10:50 AM
The Irish have a chance to tell critics to STFU. If they get blown out, it will be fodder for 8 team playoffs.

It's still a pretty imperfect system imo to have a committee subjectively judging which team is #4 and which team is #5. If Notre Dame gets shellacked by Clemson the committee is also going to need to address the fact Notre Dame has the ability to give itself a cupcake schedule and then make the playoff over superior 1 loss teams.
NDs strength of schedule much better then Clemsons.

JohnnyZ
12-05-2018, 05:07 PM
ND simply has no business in the final four. Being THE FIGHTING IRISH is the only reason they are here.

Clemson so many superior athletes, far superior team speed.

Clemson 38 ND 21

Allan Rowe vs Wade
12-06-2018, 09:32 AM
ND simply has no business in the final four. Being THE FIGHTING IRISH is the only reason they are here.

they're also undefeated, playing all D-1A schools and 10 out of 12 in power 5 conferences

Blake
12-06-2018, 09:41 AM

Clemson so many superior athletes, far superior team speed.

Clemson 38 ND 21

Lol "the only reason"

You're stupid

JohnnyZ
12-06-2018, 11:51 PM
they're also undefeated, playing all D-1A schools and 10 out of 12 in power 5 conferences

They played two top 20 teams.

JohnnyZ
12-06-2018, 11:51 PM
Lol "the only reason"

You're stupid

Yep,the only reason.

The power of Notre Dame

https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/5bbe067b80538337032fc407-750-562.jpgBrian Kelly and Notre Dame are in a good position. Gregory Shamus/Getty Images If Notre Dame goes undefeated, they are******* in the playoff because they are Notre Dame************. Even if we leave their name out of it, ESPN's playoff predictor gives them a 62% chance (http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24523690/espn-college-football-playoff-predictor) to be one of the final four.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOTRE DAME IN THE PLAYOFFS ON NAME POWER

Allan Rowe vs Wade
12-07-2018, 12:17 AM
They played two top 20 teams.

How many top 20 teams did Clemson play?

number 19 texas A&M
number 20 Syracuse

How many top 20 teams did Oklahoma play?
number 15 texas (twice)
number 16 west virginia

How many top 20 teams did Alabama play?
number 19 texas A&M
number 11 LSU
number 18 mississippi state
number 5 georgia

How many top 20 teams did Notre Dame play?
number 7 michigan
number 20 syracuse
(and number 22 northwestern)

---

that's the end of regular season CFP rankings
at the time ND played their opponents, 4 of them were ranked

clemson is the clear favorite, but to say that ND is only in the playoffs because of name brand, and not team performance, is dumb

**for alabama's SOS, keep in mind that SEC rankings are extremely inflated**

JohnnyZ
12-07-2018, 12:29 AM
How many top 20 teams did Clemson play?

number 19 texas A&M
number 20 Syracuse

How many top 20 teams did Oklahoma play?
number 15 texas (twice)
number 16 west virginia

How many top 20 teams did Alabama play?
number 19 texas A&M
number 11 LSU
number 18 mississippi state
number 5 georgia

How many top 20 teams did Notre Dame play?
number 7 michigan
number 20 syracuse
(and number 22 northwestern)

---

that's the end of regular season CFP rankings
at the time ND played their opponents, 4 of them were ranked

clemson is the clear favorite, but to say that ND is only in the playoffs because of name brand, and not team performance, is dumb

**for alabama's SOS, keep in mind that SEC rankings are extremely inflated**

I'm not the only one saying that, you do know that, right? You really don't understand the FIGHTING IRISH in college football? Win one for the Gipper, The Four Horsemen, etc....

FrostKing
12-07-2018, 06:03 AM
This should be the ACC Title Game

Clemson wins another playoff game but those mean little without D1 Crown

Will Hunting
12-07-2018, 09:22 AM
I'm not the only one saying that, you do know that, right? You really don't understand the FIGHTING IRISH in college football? Win one for the Gipper, The Four Horsemen, etc....
As usual, your argument got destroyed and blew up in your face, so you resort to vague “You don’t really watch football do ya slick?” insults that don’t in any way address his argument.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
12-07-2018, 09:54 AM

Reasons why ND is in the top 4 (my order):
+ 12-0
+ Beat 2 ranked teams, one a spanking (Syracuse) and the other a fairly decisive win (Michigan)
+ 10 out of 12 opponents from Power 5
+ Notre Dame is a marquee program with clout, history, money etc.
+ No FCS opponents on schedule

Which 2 teams are going to leapfrog ND to keep ND out?
Oklahoma who lost to :lol UT :lol?
2-loss Georgia
tOSU who got destroyed by Purdue?
2-loss Michigan who they beat?
the poor saps at UCF?

C'mon RaZon ...

Blake
12-07-2018, 12:02 PM
Yep,the only reason.

The power of Notre Dame

https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/5bbe067b80538337032fc407-750-562.jpgBrian Kelly and Notre Dame are in a good position. Gregory Shamus/Getty Images If Notre Dame goes undefeated, they are******* in the playoff because they are Notre Dame************. Even if we leave their name out of it, ESPN's playoff predictor gives them a 62% chance (http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24523690/espn-college-football-playoff-predictor) to be one of the final four.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOTRE DAME IN THE PLAYOFFS ON NAME POWER

They're in because they're undefeated, you fat piece of shit

JohnnyZ
12-07-2018, 08:53 PM
So all those.....it's the brand...........forever are all wrong?

If we had 4 undefeated teams ND gets in. The media loves them, college fans adore them. All that history is huge, tradition huge in college football.

Knute Rockne will never die.

Will Hunting
12-11-2018, 09:34 AM
So all those.....it's the brand...........forever are all wrong?

If we had 4 undefeated teams ND gets in. The media loves them, college fans adore them. All that history is huge, tradition huge in college football.

Knute Rockne will never die.
I don’t understand your argument, if ND were 1 of the 4 undefeated teams and it got in, how would that not be them getting in on merit?

Fabbs
12-13-2018, 11:37 AM
I don’t understand your argument, if ND were 1 of the 4 undefeated teams and it got in, how would that not be them getting in on merit?
This.

And Avante let's hear who you have getting in this year instead of Notre Dame.
Crickets?

FrostKing
12-14-2018, 02:23 AM
ND is lucky Georgia had the early lose

DesignatedT
12-14-2018, 03:15 PM
I think ND keeps this game close considering everyone is bashing them. Usually how it works.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
12-15-2018, 06:41 AM
ND is lucky Georgia had the early lose

so is oklahoma

There is not a small chance that ND gets ravished by Clemson but after going undefeated with a Power 5-level schedule they clearly should be included in the top 4, imo imo.

MultiTroll
12-29-2018, 06:12 PM
2nd half please Notre Dame.
Sheesh.
23-3 halftime.

benefactor
12-29-2018, 07:06 PM
Hate to say it, but Avante was right tbh. These faggots didn't need to be anywhere near this playoff.

Pelicans78
12-29-2018, 07:36 PM
The playoffs isn’t about the four best teams. It’s about making everyone happy.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
12-29-2018, 08:01 PM
yep give nd’s program the death penalty unless they join a conference

RD2191
12-29-2018, 08:02 PM
Can we please stop overrating these bums?

SpursforSix
12-29-2018, 08:11 PM
Can we please stop overrating these bums?

No shit. Sad thing is Garret will probably be back after making the playoffs.

lebomb
01-02-2019, 07:27 AM
Avante went nutsack deep with no lube on yall. :lol

Allan Rowe vs Wade
01-02-2019, 07:52 AM
Avante went nutsack deep with no lube on yall. :lol

lets pretend oklahoma-bama wasnt over in the first quarter or that georgia didnt just get sonned by a :lol big 12 :lol defense

so who gets in above ND in hindsight? ohio st .... lsu?

but yeah nds dicks went limp bigtime in the spotlight

joon a conference already

Allan Rowe vs Wade
01-08-2019, 12:14 AM
nd should join the sec. fit in nicely with georgia and bama

pgardn
01-08-2019, 12:18 AM
nd should join the sec. fit in nicely with georgia and bama

Except for the academics.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
01-08-2019, 12:27 AM
Except for the academics.

theres always vandy

pgardn
01-08-2019, 12:45 AM
theres always vandy

Except for sports.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
01-08-2019, 06:43 AM
Except for sports.

NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND says vandys womens bowling team

Pelicans78
01-08-2019, 07:33 AM
Hopefully the Big 12 can finally win a playoff game next season. The only conference yet to win a playoff game. Even the number one overall pick in the draft lost to a true freshman QB last season.

pgardn
01-08-2019, 08:04 AM
NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND says vandys womens bowling team

Lee...
I think they also have a fairly competent SEC bass fishing team.
Spring Semester will have them on the water in a sparkly boat looking for those bass beds.
Indeed we shall see. I know I need to pee due to an involuntary anticipation response.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
01-08-2019, 08:06 AM
Lee...
I think they also have a fairly competent SEC bass fishing team.
Spring Semester will have them on the water in a sparkly boat looking for those bass beds.
Indeed we shall see. I know I need to pee due to an involuntary anticipation response.

That’s right sweetheart ... I’m always excited!

pgardn
01-08-2019, 08:10 AM
Hopefully the Big 12 can finally win a playoff game next season. The only conference yet to win a playoff game. Even the number one overall pick in the draft lost to a true freshman QB last season.

Well having fewer teams and now a needed playoff game so we can watch do overs should help the cause.
Maybe playing 4 shit games out of conference and half the conference will get two teams in.

Pelicans78
01-08-2019, 08:25 AM
Well having fewer teams and now a needed playoff game so we can watch do overs should help the cause.
Maybe playing 4 shit games out of conference and half the conference will get two teams in.

Maybe Pat Mahomes will finally get the Big 12 a NFL playoff victory. I'm sure deep down most Big 12 fans will be rooting for the Chiefs this weekend. Why is it that the Big 12 is like the slow brother in the power conference family always doing everything last?

Besides, the Big Smell has had 10 teams since 2012 and started their ridiculous do over Conference Championship game and still have lost playoff games the last two seasons with Heisman winning QBs.

Blake
01-08-2019, 04:24 PM
Lol "big 12 fans

No such thing bruh. That's purely a fuck your cousin thing to chant S E C during football games

pgardn
01-08-2019, 06:51 PM
Maybe Pat Mahomes will finally get the Big 12 a NFL playoff victory. I'm sure deep down most Big 12 fans will be rooting for the Chiefs this weekend. Why is it that the Big 12 is like the slow brother in the power conference family always doing everything last?

Besides, the Big Smell has had 10 teams since 2012 and started their ridiculous do over Conference Championship game and still have lost playoff games the last two seasons with Heisman winning QBs.

I sarcastically paint the big 12 as something that it’s not.
Never said it was great but I have said many times that Oklahoma sucks.

It’s a weird thing but we actually don’t like being beaten by teams within our conference or outside of our conference.
I guess that leads to a shaky conference that has no anthem or chants... even if the administrators of the conference would like there to be.

I care more about the University of Texas than the big 12. Maybe that’s part of the problem and maybe that’s why we don’t understand conference fans. But it also makes it a lot more fun. I would be loathe to fall back on a comfy feeling that everything was OK because Oklahoma won the national title.

This would absolutely suck. But if having Alabama in your back pocket to make you feel OK is preferred you play that.