PDA

View Full Version : Lowe: Spurs were actively trying to get off Green's salary in trade

TD 21
12-05-2018, 07:38 PM
Spurs talk is from roughly 40-47 minutes . . .

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=25463076

JakeCuenca
12-05-2018, 07:40 PM
But they wanna keep mills salary

:lmao

Rusty
12-05-2018, 07:42 PM
It sounds like Popovich really hates DG:lol wtf why?

NASpurs
12-05-2018, 07:43 PM
But they wanna keep mills salary

:lol and Gasol’s

RC_Drunkford
12-05-2018, 07:44 PM
that's crazy since Danny Green is an underpaid player while the Spurs had overpaid players like Gasol and Mills on the roster. Is it safe to say Popovich has turned into a full blown idiot?

Rusty
12-05-2018, 07:47 PM
https://youtu.be/bFFvShURQ5k

wtf is Popovich’s problem?jesus:lol

Hoops Czar
12-05-2018, 07:52 PM
People who are still taking this FO seriously. :lol

iGetbuckets
12-05-2018, 07:53 PM
Tf:lol

this FO has became god awful recently

objective
12-05-2018, 07:54 PM
that's crazy since Danny Green is an underpaid player while the Spurs had overpaid players like Gasol and Mills on the roster. Is it safe to say Popovich has turned into a full blown idiot?

Pop always held Green to a much, much higher standard than his favorites like Fatty.

And don't forget your namesake, he no doubt played a role

RC_Drunkford
12-05-2018, 07:54 PM

The writing was on the wall since the 2017 offseason tbh

slick'81
12-05-2018, 07:56 PM
Damn that danny and his expiring 8 mil

RC_Drunkford
12-05-2018, 07:59 PM
Pop always held Green to a much, much higher standard than his favorites like Fatty.

And don't forget your namesake, he no doubt played a role

I know that. This speaks against his "he treats every player the same way" image though. He clearly doesn't

Hoops Czar
12-05-2018, 07:59 PM
It was on the wall way before that. That's only when the posters who creamed their pants at the near mention of the names RC Buford and Pop started to take notice.

DAF86
12-05-2018, 08:04 PM
What I was afraid all along. Raptors would have easily taken Kawhi + Mills or Gasol. It can't be stressed enough just how awful of a job PATFO have done these last couple of years.

sasaint
12-05-2018, 08:04 PM

Not that recently. Signing LMA was the beginning of the end.

SpurPadre
12-05-2018, 08:05 PM
It sounds like Popovich really hates DG:lol wtf why?

THIS is why:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFFvShURQ5k

Robz4000
12-05-2018, 08:06 PM

MoSpur02
12-05-2018, 08:09 PM
I don't buy it. I believe Toronto made it priority that Danny Green had to be a part of the deal because of his position and his expiring contract.

slick'81
12-05-2018, 08:10 PM
I don't buy it. I believe Toronto made it priority that Danny Green had to be a part of the deal because of his position and his expiring contract.

Seriously ! i doubt tor was like sure well take pau or patty and patfo were like we insist you take dg

SpurPadre
12-05-2018, 08:12 PM
Seriously ! i doubt tor was like sure well take pau or patty and patfo were like we insist you take dg

It's more likely PATFO also said, "No, we don't want Siakam but add in that big white guy and you have yourself a deal!"

sasaint
12-05-2018, 08:14 PM
Incompetence usually gets you fired. Insanity usually gets you committed.

SAGirl
12-05-2018, 08:16 PM
Wow, but keep Mills and fractured foot Pau, plus pay up Belli, why?, Bertans, again a guy who was marginal in the rotation when guys were healthy, not a better player than Green in any universe..... :wow:pop:

Beartrucci
12-05-2018, 08:17 PM
THIS is why:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFFvShURQ5k

:lol that looks like the same film that the TP/DG gif was made from

slick'81
12-05-2018, 08:20 PM
Incompetence usually gets you fired. Insanity usually gets you committed.

The only saving grace is i thinkthey still draft well

koriwhat
12-05-2018, 08:21 PM
losing green sucked but lets not pretend like he was some lights out 3 point shooter since 2014. dude lost his shot yrs ago and was a negative on offense imo. i liked green but i couldn't figure out why he was in such a slump for so damn long.

Chinook
12-05-2018, 08:24 PM
Spurs totally drafted as if they wanted to replace Green and Parker. Maybe they've done it with Walker, Murray and White. But then they signed Beli for a ton, kept Mills and trading for DeRozan. For all we know, the Raptors were willing to trade OG if the Spurs included Mills instead of Green, and PATFO was like, "No deal."

gospursgojas
12-05-2018, 08:25 PM
Did anyone actually listen to podcast? He kinda just throws that claim out there. Doesn’t really back it up with any source. I call BS.

Kori Ellis
12-05-2018, 08:26 PM
If true, this isn't shocking. Danny never seemed to be a front-office favorite.

rasuo214
12-05-2018, 08:29 PM
Not enough towel waving leadership.

MoSpur02
12-05-2018, 08:29 PM
No matter what how much we want to believe the Spurs had some leverage with the whole Kawhi trade, the Spurs didn't have much leverage if any at all. The Spurs had to get rid of him. The Spurs wanted and felt they had to get an All Star in return and Toronto was the only team willing to give that up, but obviously wanted Green as well and me thinks it had more to do with his expiring contract than anything else. I'm sure the Spurs would have preferred to keep Danny, but again they had no leverage.

Their plan B was working a trade with the Clippers who were ready to deal.

MoSpur02
12-05-2018, 08:30 PM
Did anyone actually listen to podcast? He kinda just throws that claim out there. Doesn’t really back it up with any source. I call BS.

Exactly

MoSpur02
12-05-2018, 08:32 PM
Looking at it now I feel the trade with the Clippers would have worked better because obviously Tobias Harris would have been a part of it and to me he would have fit better along side of LaMarcus since LaMarcus needs the ball more to be effective. Hindsight is always 20/20 though.

slick'81
12-05-2018, 08:35 PM
Looking at it now I feel the trade with the Clippers would have worked better because obviously Tobias Harris would have been a part of it and to me he would have fit better along side of LaMarcus since LaMarcus needs the ball more to be effective. Hindsight is always 20/20 though.

If the clipps offered tobias and two #1's that would def be a better offer then derozan/poodle/protected first.Spurs could then flip lma for even more picks and harris is a natural sf

SpursGenius
12-05-2018, 08:37 PM
So you wanna get rid of expiring contract at $11 million but u wanna keep trash albatross contracts of mills and gasol at over $70 million. Actually definitely sounds like Coke head RC and senile Pop. Fuck those two. Hope they retire

Chinook
12-05-2018, 08:38 PM

That's Lowe's style. Dude acts like a source, but he never stands by anything he reports.

SpurPadre
12-05-2018, 08:43 PM
:lol that looks like the same film that the TP/DG gif was made from

It's the same one, tbh.

Beartrucci
12-05-2018, 08:52 PM
It's the same one, tbh.

Got told to stfu followed by the famous TP scowl :lol

Hoops Czar
12-05-2018, 08:54 PM
Exactly
Here comes a PATFO fluffer now.

Chucho
12-05-2018, 08:55 PM
If DG were still with us, most of these posters would be shitting on him just as hard as they did the three previous season. GTFO.

slick'81
12-05-2018, 08:56 PM
It's more likely PATFO also said, "No, we don't want Siakam but add in that big white guy and you have yourself a deal!"

I really think spurs coveted poetl

spurraider21
12-05-2018, 08:56 PM
writing has been on the wall since the 50 mills midnight signing tbh

Hoops Czar
12-05-2018, 08:59 PM
If DG were still with us, most of these posters would be shitting on him just as hard as they did the three previous season. GTFO.
He was a tradeable asset that was practacly given away for free. Their would be no shitting if the FO took their jobs more seriously. Just an ounce of common sense was all that was needed.

Chucho
12-05-2018, 09:09 PM
He was a tradeable asset that was practacly given away for free. Their would be no shitting if the FO took their jobs more seriously. Just an ounce of common sense was all that was needed.

Surrreeeeee. He got shat on heavily as ST cliff jumpers shit on the players on the team. Y'all gave him the business per par, they got rid of him-prayers answered for too many Spurs "fans" here- and now there shittin on the people who answered said prayers of the fickle, tired ST cliff jumping schtick.

They could land Durant for LMA and trade Mills for another star and waive Gasol and the same people who are in perpetual Chicken Little mode would shit all over those miracle moves.

The schtick is old and why downstairs is the only redeemable part of this board.

DAF86
12-05-2018, 09:11 PM
Surrreeeeee. He got shat on heavily as ST cliff jumpers shit on the players on the team. Y'all gave him the business per par, they got rid of him-prayers answered for too many Spurs "fans" here- and now there shittin on the people who answered said prayers of the fickle, tired ST cliff jumping schtick.

They could land Durant for LMA and trade Mills for another star and waive Gasol and the same people who are in perpetual Chicken Little mode would shit all over those miracle moves.

The schtick is old and why downstairs is the only redeemable part of this board.

It doesn't matter what idiots here say. Danny Green was a desirable player in an even more desirable contract, and PATFO gifted him away.

Russ
12-05-2018, 09:17 PM
This speaks against his "he treats every player the same way" image though. He clearly doesn't

I don't think Pop ever had any "he treats every player the same way" image.

Pop freely acknowledged that Duncan got special treatment (just not when it came to hard coaching).

ECOV
12-05-2018, 09:18 PM

Tbh, most of these posers don't give opinions anymore they just complain and complain even when the spurs where at the top just sad.

Chucho
12-05-2018, 09:22 PM
It doesn't matter what idiots here say. Danny Green was a desirable player in an even more desirable contract, and PATFO gifted him away.

We got bent over the table because of a lying pussy. None of us know what deals were offered originally so none of us can say he was "gifted". Trades are negotiated, not just "take it or leave it" one time offers. They were stuck in a shit situation and, contrary to all the GMs here on ST, they did what a smart FO does- do what it takes to get out of that shit situation and move on.

People here were screaming to trade him since the 2013-14 DG honeymoon ended. Even if he wasnt moved, Danny wasnt going to move the needle for us on this roster and who the fuck the else can we package him with to make the team better? The only one who we'd "need" to move is Mills and no one is taking that fat Aussie.

It was 100% "damned if we dont, damned if we do". We lost a top 5 player who quit and there's no coming back from that unless you land a Top 5 player in return. Unfortunately, two of them are on one team, the other signed with the Zombie Lakers to prepare for his post-basketball career and Westbrick isnt going anywhere.

This is just typical ST goth girl dramatics. It's just a game and people take it personal.

DPG21920
12-05-2018, 09:24 PM

Agreed. This report is bogus.

Spurs Homer
12-05-2018, 09:30 PM
I remember nothing but these same posters shitting on DG every day. Now they are crying for him.

I really hated that they let DG go - but let's not pretend that you guys were in his corner. I think DG got shit on here more than Patty tbh.

DAF86
12-05-2018, 09:38 PM
We got bent over the table because of a lying pussy. None of us know what deals were offered originally so none of us can say he was "gifted". Trades are negotiated, not just "take it or leave it" one time offers. They were stuck in a shit situation and, contrary to all the GMs here on ST, they did what a smart FO does- do what it takes to get out of that shit situation and move on.

What a smart FO would have done is keep Kawhi and force him to play to up his trade value. And before you come back with the typical, ignorant "Kawhi would have just sat out for the season" response, let me tell you that if he did that he would have been contractually forced to stay in SA for one more year. So no, he wouldn't have sat out.

People here were screaming to trade him since the 2013-14 DG honeymoon ended. Even if he wasnt moved, Danny wasnt going to move the needle for us on this roster and who the fuck the else can we package him with to make the team better? The only one who we'd "need" to move is Mills and no one is taking that fat Aussie.

Again, it doesn't matter what folks said here. Danny Green is a desirable piece around the NBA. And that statement about him "not moving the needle" is total BS. A Danny Green type player is exactly what this current Spurs team needs. We are so desperate for a 3 and D player that we even started Cunningham for most of the season. And you are here trying to tell me that Danny Green wouldn't move the needle? :lol

It was 100% "damned if we dont, damned if we do". We lost a top 5 player who quit and there's no coming back from that unless you land a Top 5 player in return. Unfortunately, two of them are on one team, the other signed with the Zombie Lakers to prepare for his post-basketball career and Westbrick isnt going anywhere.

This is just typical ST goth girl dramatics. It's just a game and people take it personal.

No, there were many different routes to choose that would have us on a much better position right now, PATFO just chose one of the worst ones. And nobody can say that this is hindsight, because most of us bitched about the trade as soon as it was anounced.

gospursgojas
12-05-2018, 09:40 PM
Danny Green was the most shitted on spur on this forum last season. Now everyone crying over losing him. Lol ST

MoSpur02
12-05-2018, 09:40 PM
Here comes a PATFO fluffer now.

Not really. I disagree with a lot of decisions they've made, but I'm not delusional. Lowe is not very reliable and more an opinionated when he writes or talks. Kawhi put the Spurs in a terrible position. The Spurs were not going to get back equal value for Kawhi. Don't kid yourself. Spurs fans would've found something to complain about if the Spurs would've trades with Boston, Philly, L.A, Toronto, Sacramento, Phoenix, or any other team.

They were never going to come out as winners concerning a Kawhi Leonard trade.

RC_Drunkford
12-05-2018, 10:05 PM
losing green sucked but lets not pretend like he was some lights out 3 point shooter since 2014. dude lost his shot yrs ago and was a negative on offense imo. i liked green but i couldn't figure out why he was in such a slump for so damn long.

He was in a slump cause he used to get most of his shots wide open off prime Tony Parker dribble penetration and ball movement. With LA post ups and no guards who can break down the defense he didn't get too many open shots and most of the time bricked the ones who were wide open. It was clear as day that you need a SG who can put the ball on the floor on the left side of the court when LA passes the ball back out and that ain't Danny's strength

RC_Drunkford
12-05-2018, 10:15 PM
writing has been on the wall since the 50 mills midnight signing tbh

that was the 2017 offseason. That's what I meant by that. Including the Pau Gasol loyalty contract

Chucho
12-05-2018, 10:16 PM
What a smart FO would have done is keep Kawhi and force him to play to up his trade value. And before you come back with the typical, ignorant "Kawhi would have just sat out for the season" response, let me tell you that if he did that he would have been contractually forced to stay in SA for one more year. So no, he wouldn't have sat out.

Again, it doesn't matter what folks said here. Danny Green is a desirable piece around the NBA. And that statement about him "not moving the needle" is total BS. A Danny Green type player is exactly what this current Spurs team needs. We are so desperate for a 3 and D player that we even started Cunningham for most of the season. And you are here trying to tell me that Danny Green wouldn't move the needle? :lol

No, there were many different routes to choose that would have us on a much better position right now, PATFO just chose one of the worst ones. And nobody can say that this is hindsight, because most of us bitched about the trade as soon as it was anounced.

ST pipedream GMing at its finest. The dude spent a whole season lying about and faking an injury. It could have been bad like when Vince Carter was forcing his way out of Toronto- dude screamed the play they were running after a time out and you're so full of yourself that you really believe a "smart GM" or coach or whatever is going to "force" a player to give 100% so we can "maximize" his trade value. He quit on us and a stupid GM would think they can strong arm a star into doing something they dont want to do in a star- ran league. This isnt the NFL. Melo and AI weren't coming off no bench, you think Fake McInjury was trustworthy enough to be professional and do his job?
This is why your a ST GM and not paid for your takes.

And you being one of the folks here, you have zero idea how desirable DG is around the league. His skills are desirable -3pt shooting and D, but you and the other ST GMs pointed out the obvious- his skillset greatly declined the last three seasons and you and other ST GMs dropped trou and chunked massive dueces all over him per ST GM par.

Now, you're not paid to do anything, you're saying things with zero evidence and you're naive to think a liar who has shown he doesnt mind taking financial hits could be strong armed into giving 100% to a dysfunctional relationship when there is almost zero precedent of that. Butler followed Kawhi's template and look at the damage he did to the Wolves locker room. Smart GMs dont let that happen.

In a perfect world, your scenario works and DG is a desirable player but its not a perfect world and you have zero facts to substantiate your claim. Nobody was knocking our doors down for DG at anytime prior to us moving him and disgruntled players never work out well for teams trying to "maximize their trade value".

Sorry pal, your arrogant to think your opinion and take is accurate when it's pure conjecture base on zero evidence and precedents. It sounds more like you're just trying to justify your incessant whining per ST GM par.

DAF86
12-05-2018, 10:22 PM
ST pipedream GMing at its finest. The dude spent a whole season lying about and faking an injury. It could have been bad like when Vince Carter was forcing his way out of Toronto- dude screamed the play they were running after a time out and you're so full of yourself that you really believe a "smart GM" or coach or whatever is going to "force" a player to give 100% so we can "maximize" his trade value. He quit on us and a stupid GM would think they can strong arm a star into doing something they dont want to do in a star- ran league. This isnt the NFL. Melo and AI weren't coming off no bench, you think Fake McInjury was trustworthy enough to be professional and do his job?
This is why your a ST GM and not paid for your takes.

And you being one of the folks here, you have zero idea how desirable DG is around the league. His skills are desirable -3pt shooting and D, but you and the other ST GMs pointed out the obvious- his skillset greatly declined the last three seasons and you and other ST GMs dropped trou and chunked massive dueces all over him per ST GM par.

Now, you're not paid to do anything, you're saying things with zero evidence and you're naive to think a liar who has shown he doesnt mind taking financial hits could be strong armed into giving 100% to a dysfunctional relationship when there is almost zero precedent of that. Butler followed Kawhi's template and look at the damage he did to the Wolves locker room. Smart GMs dont let that happen.

In a perfect world, your scenario works and DG is a desirable player but its not a perfect world and you have zero facts to substantiate your claim. Nobody was knocking our doors down for DG at anytime prior to us moving him and disgruntled players never work out well for teams trying to "maximize their trade value".

Sorry pal, your arrogant to think your opinion and take is accurate when it's pure conjecture base on zero evidence and precedents. It sounds more like you're just trying to justify your incessant whining per ST GM par.

Nevermind the retarded shit you said here, I just wanted to tell you that you don't need to log out and log in between accounts. You can post all this from your DMC account, tbh. :lol

SouthTexasRancher
12-05-2018, 10:41 PM
Just more proof of Pop's early onset dementia and RC Drunkford's all day-all night drunk fest. These two just don't make many, if any, good decisions anymore. How in the world does any NBA team loose by 30+ points so many times this early in the season like the Spurs keep doing? There is something seriously wrong with this team that goes beyond just having a bad defense. Surely a sane coach Pop could see into the future that giving up KaWhitter and Green would kill us defensively. Then we lose SloMo who also got us blocks, steals and rebounds. To keep Mills over Green was a suicidal move on Pop's part. RCD also, except RCD is nothing more than Pop's water boy. This team needs a major makeover but, who in the NBA wants anyone on the Spurs lackluster roster? DeMar DeRozan, Lonnie Walker iV and Dejounte Murray are about the only players another team would seriously be interested in. And maybe if some team is hard up enough they might be slightly interested in LMA. In other words we are screwed.

tmtcsc
12-05-2018, 10:51 PM
They wanted him gone for a while and was always the most logical piece to move. He went from a good defender to a decent defender but was always an offensive liability. He's in a better position now because he's NOT relied upon to score. Ironically, he's probably scoring more because he doesn't feel the pressure to do so. Meh, I don't miss him. IF he was still here he'd be getting all sorts of shit thrown on him for being worthless. You know who you are.

K...
12-05-2018, 10:51 PM
Danny Green is a fucking end of career role player.....he had a player option and the spurs could not depend on him to remain with the team and did not want to pay his salary when murray became the focus. When Danny opted in it screwed the spurs as they had already had penciled him out. Y'all wait to see what Danny gets on his final contract and ask if you want the spurs to pay that. Everyone bitches about contract year danny, we had that, he had a player option and could not beat the opt in contract amount because of his injury and the poor market.

Don't act like Danny wasn't going to leave when every he got his last big contract and dont act like the spurs would pay it. Thank you danny but you are to $$$$ for what you'd give the team. End of story.

Play Boban
12-05-2018, 11:01 PM
I’ll never forgive Danny for partying with LeBron after getting whipped and choking in the Finals tbh.

ThaBigFundamental21
12-05-2018, 11:04 PM
This is pretty disappointing and shocking. But Mills and his deal are okay? I dislike Mills more everyday.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-06-2018, 12:25 AM
They are honestly a bottom 5 FO right now. We are the new Sacramento Kings

And Kawhi was smart to leave. As much as it hurts to admit

tbdog
12-06-2018, 01:04 AM
I remember people wanted Green way off this team the last two season. And now front office has gone mental? Double standards people.

JeffDuncan
12-06-2018, 01:25 AM
I'm not really sorry Danny is playing elsewhere. What I'm sorry about is the total lack of a replacement.

YGWHI
12-06-2018, 08:44 AM
Not really. I disagree with a lot of decisions they've made, but I'm not delusional. Lowe is not very reliable and more an opinionated whenhe writes or talks. Kawhi put the Spurs in a terrible position. The Spurs were not going to get back equal value for Kawhi. Don't kid yourself. Spurs fans would've found something to complain about if the Spurs would've trades with Boston, Philly, L.A, Toronto, Sacramento, Phoenix, or any other team.

They were never going to come out as winners concerning a Kawhi Leonard trade.

If they know that, if they know that anye trade would keep the Spurs competitive, why the hell they didn't give him that f*cking super-max contract instead of ..."well your injury is chronic...what's about a bit less than the supermax...what's about $180"???

Two or three years of Kawhi at this MVP level leading the team to #1/2 in the West, would pay off that DPE.

Who cares about the last two years of the contract since one of them would have been an option.

His uncle was hard to deal with...? So what?? Every player has a greedy agent/fam. Just learn to live with it like Kerr did. No more Pop's "MY WAY. THE SPURS WAY. MY TEAM" Times have changed. The league and players have changed but the PATFO couldn't read it.

Not giving Kawhi the supermax was the biggest mistake in Spurs' history.

bic50
12-06-2018, 10:20 AM
I remember people wanted Green way off this team the last two season. And now front office has gone mental? Double standards people.
Don't know what you have until its gone

lmbebo
12-06-2018, 10:59 AM
If they know that, if they know that anye trade would keep the Spurs competitive, why the hell they didn't give him that f*cking super-max contract instead of ..."well your injury is chronic...what's about a bit less than the supermax...what's about $180"???

Two or three years of Kawhi at this MVP level leading the team to #1/2 in the West, would pay off that DPE.

Who cares about the last two years of the contract since one of them would have been an option.

His uncle was hard to deal with...? So what?? Every player has a greedy agent/fam. Just learn to live with it like Kerr did. No more Pop's "MY WAY. THE SPURS WAY. MY TEAM" Times have changed. The league and players have changed but the PATFO couldn't read it.

Not giving Kawhi the supermax was the biggest mistake in Spurs' history.

Money wasn't going to solve the problems with quitter. Supermax was his had not pulled the crap he did. Him and his "team" doing what they did caused the spurs to get hesitant on giving the supermax. Spurs maybe could have been better, but don't pretend that this is all our fault ...

HarlemHeat37
12-06-2018, 11:42 AM
Green's time with the Spurs was up, why are people acting like 95% of this forum hadn't turned on him?:lol

Whether it was due to Aldridge-ball, Parker's decline, needing a change of scenery, contract year, whatever it was, he's back to being the old Danny Green in Toronto after struggling with the Spurs for 2 of his last 3 seasons with the team..I don't see any reason to believe that he would be playing the same way with SA as he is in Toronto..

However, it's certainly true that Pop was always much harder on him than Patty or Belinelli + the rumors of trying to move him were prevalent for 2 years or so IIRC..

HarlemHeat37
12-06-2018, 12:02 PM
It was interesting to hear Green say he's playing better because he feels more "free" in Toronto, though..whether that means not getting berated by Pop or playing in a non-Aldridge black hole system, who knows..

Hoops Czar
12-06-2018, 12:10 PM
It was interesting to hear Green say he's playing better because he feels more "free" in Toronto, though..whether that means not getting berated by Pop or playing in a non-Aldridge black hole system, who knows..
It means Pop is no longer living rent free in Danny's head.

TimDunkem
12-06-2018, 12:34 PM
Danny Green still sucks, but you don't trade him for Jakob fucking Turdle.

Raven
12-06-2018, 02:06 PM
crazy

itzsoweezee
12-06-2018, 02:42 PM
The front office has done a horrible job, both in that trade and over the past three years.

However, there is no way the Spurs were actively trying to get out of Danny's expiring contact. That is stupid. Even the Kings aren't that dumb.

Chomag
12-06-2018, 06:28 PM
No wonder Tony and Manu along with KL chose to bounce. They saw how bad this FO truly is without players like them to hide behind. Yeah I'm not a fan of how KL did his departure (fck him
) but I honestly can't bring myself to really blame him . Seriously, if you were a top player in the league and in your prime would you want to keep wasting it on carrying this shit show of a roster?

Now I don't think that the Spurs FO is one of the worst FO's In the league but they definitely are one of the most overrated ones.

TD 21
12-06-2018, 06:56 PM
While obviously insane, it's the only logical explanation for his being included in the trade. As I've said ad nauseam, I don't buy for a second that the Raptors don't do that trade with Gasol in his place (while giving up Richardson to balance salaries). It still would have been a homerun for them, it just wouldn't have been nearly as embarrassing for the Spurs.

Green's time with the Spurs was up, why are people acting like 95% of this forum hadn't turned on him?:lol

Whether it was due to Aldridge-ball, Parker's decline, needing a change of scenery, contract year, whatever it was, he's back to being the old Danny Green in Toronto after struggling with the Spurs for 2 of his last 3 seasons with the team..I don't see any reason to believe that he would be playing the same way with SA as he is in Toronto..

However, it's certainly true that Pop was always much harder on him than Patty or Belinelli + the rumors of trying to move him were prevalent for 2 years or so IIRC..

Why are you acting like you saw his value initially and were always on his bandwagon? I seem to remember you thinking he sucked until advanced stats told you otherwise.

Once more, you miss the crux of the issue. It's not that he'd have been back in '12-'15 form here (he more than likely wouldn't have), it's that even in '16-'18 form, he still easily beats the crap they're trotting out on the wings, plus he represents a valuable asset in this league. Whether they valued him or not, they should have at least had the sense to realize the league does.

Nivek_ogre
12-06-2018, 08:08 PM

Lol. Yes you do. Have you been watching poeltl?

TimDunkem
12-06-2018, 10:34 PM
Lol. Yes you do. Have you been watching poeltl?

A half decent backup center. Yep. That'll get us places in a league going small. :bang

DAF86
12-06-2018, 10:52 PM
A half decent backup center. Yep. That'll get us places in a league going small. :bang

Poeltl can be a decent starting center going forward, tbh. With each passing game I find myself wanting to see more Poeltl and less Aldridge.

sasaint
12-06-2018, 11:17 PM
Poeltl can be a decent starting center going forward, tbh. With each passing game I find myself wanting to see more Poeltl and less Aldridge.

Yep. Poodle really needs to learn not to foul, though. A starting center has to be able to stay on the floor for 32-36 minutes/game.

ragas
12-07-2018, 05:16 AM

You noticed that Poeltl isn't the problem? Siakam would have had the same troubles with adopting to the "Spurs system".

ragas
12-07-2018, 05:28 AM

He was good enough to play 20 mpg for a 59-win-team, so why shouldn't he be good enough for the fucking Spurs?

JeffDuncan
12-07-2018, 08:10 AM
[Poeltl] was good enough to play 20 mpg for a 59-win-team, so why shouldn't he be good enough for the fucking Spurs?

Poeltl is certainly good enough for the Spurs, even when they are not fucking.

About Danny Green, people are overlooking the context of that trade, or have just forgotten the circumstances. Leonard, in that trade, was sort of a ghost, so to speak. Was he really there?

I mean, Leonard had not played in months, and had hardly played at all in more than a year. Could he still play? Would he still play? And especially, even if he could play, would he play in Toronto? We remember all the West Coast blah blah in the media (which is still going on, a little.)

We know the answers now. Nobody knew the answers at the time the trade happened. For all Toronto knew, as an established fact, Leonard might never be a real player for them. They might be trading for a "ghost."

Under those circumstances, Toronto had to have a "real" player included, or they couldn't risk it. No way could they risk giving up DDR in exchange for an empty chair.

It must have been Toronto who demanded Danny Green in particular, as a hedge against their big gamble. Then if everything with Leonard went bad for them, they would at least have a starter-quality shooting guard, and a good defender, to replace DDR in their lineup.

As far as "real" players - proven quantities you could count on - it was basically a trade of Danny Green for DDR. Is what I'm saying.

We know now that Leonard did show up, and he's playing for them. But again, nobody at the time knew that would ever really happen.

monty4329
12-07-2018, 02:55 PM
They wanted him gone for a while and was always the most logical piece to move. He went from a good defender to a decent defender but was always an offensive liability. He's in a better position now because he's NOT relied upon to score. Ironically, he's probably scoring more because he doesn't feel the pressure to do so. Meh, I don't miss him. IF he was still here he'd be getting all sorts of shit thrown on him for being worthless. You know who you are.

As he said, he was misdignosed the groin injury. So maybe he wasn't playing that well for that reason. Now he is healthy, and back to the good defender he always was, and again knocking down shots.

Leonard, Green, now Pau...starting to look like a trend, those misdiagnosis, I am afraid. Maybe Leonard wasn't so wrong, after all...

lmbebo
12-07-2018, 03:26 PM
As he said, he was misdignosed the groin injury. So maybe he wasn't playing that well for that reason. Now he is healthy, and back to the good defender he always was, and again knocking down shots.

Leonard, Green, now Pau...starting to look like a trend, those misdiagnosis, I am afraid. Maybe Leonard wasn't so wrong, after all...

https://goo.gl/images/OFaM5u (https://goo.gl/images/OFaM5u)

exstatic
12-07-2018, 03:52 PM

He had actually been pretty "meh" for a couple of years.

tmtcsc
12-07-2018, 06:13 PM
He had actually been pretty "meh" for a couple of years.

This is very accurate.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-07-2018, 08:04 PM

Kawhi said the same thing, how in Toronto he can "be allowed to be more himself"

Very interesting.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-07-2018, 08:05 PM
No wonder Tony and Manu along with KL chose to bounce. They saw how bad this FO truly is without players like them to hide behind. Yeah I'm not a fan of how KL did his departure (fck him
) but I honestly can't bring myself to really blame him . Seriously, if you were a top player in the league and in your prime would you want to keep wasting it on carrying this shit show of a roster?

Now I don't think that the Spurs FO is one of the worst FO's In the league but they definitely are one of the most overrated ones.

:tu :tu :tu

SAGirl
12-07-2018, 08:26 PM
What people don't realize is that a meh Danny is better than Dante. And he really was injured last season. I am actually happy for Danny to have gotten off this bad Spurs team now that I have seen them. He was going to get asked to cover a giant tsunami by himself and probably would have gotten injured again.

MannyIsGod
12-07-2018, 09:46 PM

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

NASpurs
12-07-2018, 11:08 PM

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

:lol

TDMVPDPOY
12-07-2018, 11:21 PM
getting off greens salary, or they aka pop think he cant get into greens head again....

remember when he use to put you down like a dog, now its just a barking dog in one ear, out the other ear, not effective anymore to those guys who been on the team many years....

ps. this is what i dont get about players in the league, if they complain about no night life in the city they play for, how much does it really costs them to operate a night club? its like 1-2 weeks of their pay just to get things up and running, then charge ur team mates or tell them to all chip in as an investment...fkn these clowns man

MannyIsGod
12-07-2018, 11:49 PM
:lol

I knew this was coming. Poetl had a good game, but the problem isn't Aldridge. It's Cunningham. You put Poetl in a PnR with the floor spread because players who are capable of hitting shots are on the floor and it works. Wish Manu had gotten a chance to play with him.

Either way, thinking Poetl is better for this team than LMA is laughable. I'd laugh at anyone saying as much even if Poetl had scored 30 tonight. And I say that as a fan of what he's doing right now.

DAF86
12-08-2018, 02:19 AM
I knew this was coming. Poetl had a good game, but the problem isn't Aldridge. It's Cunningham. You put Poetl in a PnR with the floor spread because players who are capable of hitting shots are on the floor and it works. Wish Manu had gotten a chance to play with him.

Either way, thinking Poetl is better for this team than LMA is laughable. I'd laugh at anyone saying as much even if Poetl had scored 30 tonight. And I say that as a fan of what he's doing right now.

Nigga, you dumb.

ragas
12-08-2018, 03:27 AM
someone talking shit about poeltl today? :lol
for the la vs poeltl talks: I‘m one of the greatest fans of poeltl, but he‘s not as good as lamarcus. but he‘s 23 and improving.

John B
12-08-2018, 03:33 AM
for the la vs poeltl talks: I‘m one of the greatest fans of poeltl, but he‘s not as good as lamarcus. but he‘s 23 and improving.
LMA laziness is contagious. At least Poeltl plays with gusto every minute he’s out there. And he’s mobile, willing passer to create shots, plays defense. So unlike LMA when he decides not to play when it’s not going his way.

NASpurs
12-08-2018, 03:42 AM

Addition by subtraction and addition again by whatever trading LMA nets us.