PDA

View Full Version : News for Mouse (and other interested parties)

CrazyOne
10-26-2005, 07:49 AM
It starts tonight (Wednesday) at 7:00.

It's a Bible study for beginners (not affiliated with "The Bible for Dummies" book.. it's a whole nother thing... really... just ignore the black and yellow covers with the white-out on them...besides, we settled out of court.)

We'll start with finding out what the Bible is and how we got it.

Mouse, where have you been? Haven't heard from you in over a week now.

mouse
10-26-2005, 08:13 AM
Is this BYOB? :lmao

I will be at Joe Chalupas tonight fixing his PC maybe I can get him to drop me off. can you record the class incase others who can't make it get to see what they missed?

Looter
10-26-2005, 08:17 AM
I have a few questions can I post them here?

CrazyOne
10-26-2005, 08:41 AM
Sure. I'll be glad to answer what I can.

batman2883
who is god and why should i believe in creation and not evolution??

CrazyOne
No, Mouse, it's not BYOB... we have plenty of Bibles for everyone.

batman2883
10-26-2005, 08:42 AM
why should i believe anything written in the bible when the bible was written by man, and we all know that everytime it gets translated the probably added their own stories into it making the bible just as good as a greek mythology story

CrazyOne
10-26-2005, 08:44 AM
Short answer bat is that the scientific evidence favors creation over evolution. Both ideas ultimately are faith-based, so the best way to compare them is to produce models that predict what effects you should find, and then see which one fits the available data better.

batman2883
10-26-2005, 08:46 AM
but seeing as its hard to believe that god said let there be man and then poof there stood adam is very very hard to believe with the way we are brought up in school....scientifically and logically it just doesnt make sense

CrazyOne
10-26-2005, 08:51 AM
Another short answer... the Bible is the most highly attested work from history. You believe in Julius Caesar, right? The oldest copies of the histories about him were written about 900 years after the originals, and we only have 10 copies. You've read Plato, I assume? The closest copies of his writings are about 1200 years after the originals, and we have 7. Nobody pretends to doubt their accuracy. The originals of the New Testament were written around 40-100 AD. The oldest copy dates back to 125 AD, and we have around 24,000 copies and portions dating since then. There is no credible doubt that what we have available today is as close to the originals as could be.

Come to the class and check it out.

I gotta run now, time to go to the lab... they called and told me my brain was ready... but I think it's just an elaborate ruse to get me to submit to some blood tests my doctor ordered.

Don't worry about me - I had my head examined recently and they didn't find anything.

batman2883
10-26-2005, 08:56 AM
I simply just dont believe much that was from the bible nor do i believe in creation i do believe there is a supreme being but i have no idea what to think of him as there are no real signs of his work. The bible is just a fabricated peice of history that could all possibly be lies, most of plato's books were on socrates only because socrates never wrote anything down and always turned away the chance to write books. Plato would just write his arguments with politicians and people....now the way that socrates went down was very similar to that of jesus, he was put to death for his knowledge and chose to die when he could have been rescued, he died while his followers wept and begged him to escape with them...a la jesus very similar lives the two lived...the more and more i learn about history the more and more i question religion......

mouse
10-26-2005, 09:37 AM
Batman right now your young. when I was 20ish? I started doubting everything about GOD the bible etc... In fact I used to laugh at folks who thought the Bible was real. what took place to change my views? you will just have to read the book.

But look at it this way, Right now just forget the Bible, You really don't need the Bible to keep from going to hell, as long as you believe in Jesus,

as far as some sort of supreme being placing us here on earth? well your already halfway there, Just think of yourself as an ant in some kids ant farm in his room.

now your hanging out with some of your ant friends when one of them says they was put there by some higher power. And you start thinking that person is crazy,
That is how many feel trying to make others Believe in GOD sometimes.
Well it's easier to think we came from a fish, then a monkey etc.. we can see those things, its what we can't see , that seems to be so hard to belive,

That's why God maybe made it so difficult, he only wants those with faith to be next to him,

Do you want a girlfriend who only loves you cuz she can see the ring on her finger? or the girl who loves you cuz she feels you love her back?

The choice is your my man but I will say this, When the day comes and the earth is ending your ass will be praying to GOD I just hope it's not to late............

as for the rest of you Non believers? I wil be laughing my ass off while your ass burns in the lake of fire :lmao

batman2883
10-26-2005, 09:54 AM
And brimstone.....i use to actually be a very very religious person i mean as ive posted before i was a co-found of the Jay Christian Fellowship at my school, you know the people who did prayers around the flag poles in the morning and such. I did all that stuff i went to church wednesday night, sunday morning and sunday night and was involved in many church youth groups all of my own free will its just these certain doubts in my head occured and now i find myself in between believing and not believing, i still pray to god hoping there is one out there...and i ask for forgivness every night and day cause i know i live in sin a lot.....and the important thing is to stop....

xrayzebra
10-26-2005, 09:56 AM
Batman right now your young. when I was 20ish? I started doubting everything about GOD the bible etc... In fact I used to laugh at folks who thought the Bible was real. what took place to change my views? you will just have to read the book.

But look at it this way, Right now just forget the Bible, You really don't need the Bible to keep from going to hell, as long as you believe in Jesus,

as far as some sort of supreme being placing us here on earth? well your already halfway there, Just think of yourself as an ant in some kids ant farm in his room.

now your hanging out with some of your ant friends when one of them says they was put there by some higher power. And you start thinking that person is crazy,
That is how many feel trying to make others Believe in GOD sometimes.
Well it's easier to think we came from a fish, then a monkey etc.. we can see those things, its what we can't see , that seems to be so hard to belive,

That's why God maybe made it so difficult, he only wants those with faith to be next to him,

Do you want a girlfriend who only loves you cuz she can see the ring on her finger? or the girl who loves you cuz she feels you love her back?

The choice is your my man but I will say this, When the day comes and the earth is ending your ass will be praying to GOD I just hope it's not to late............

as for the rest of you Non believers? I wil be laughing my ass off while your ass burns in the lake of fire :lmao

Great answer Mouse, gee I am agreeing with mouse! I have put this on another thread some time back, but it bears repeating. It is not my quote but a quote from something I read. It may not be exact but went something like this: "When we die and I believed and you did not believe and you are right, what have I lost? But, what if I am right? What have you lost?

CrazyOne
10-26-2005, 09:57 AM
I applaud your efforts Mouse... but I'm not sure that last line will be very effective in winniI ng people over... :oops :lol

SWC Bonfire
10-26-2005, 10:04 AM
And brimstone.....i use to actually be a very very religious person i mean as ive posted before i was a co-found of the Jay Christian Fellowship at my school, you know the people who did prayers around the flag poles in the morning and such. I did all that stuff i went to church wednesday night, sunday morning and sunday night and was involved in many church youth groups all of my own free will its just these certain doubts in my head occured and now i find myself in between believing and not believing, i still pray to god hoping there is one out there...and i ask for forgivness every night and day cause i know i live in sin a lot.....and the important thing is to stop....

One day, a young medical intern accompanied an older practictioner while he was making house calls.

At the first house, a large woman was complaining about strong abdominal pain and was afraid that she had appendecitis. The doctor moved over to the edge of the bed and attempted to put his stethoscope up to his ears, but accidentally dropped it on the floor. He examined the patient for a while, and then stated, "Ma'am, I'd like for you to cut down on the amount of fruit that you eat for a while, and see if that cures the problem. You don't show any signs of appendecitis, so rest assured."

The young intern was amazed at how quickly he rendered his diagnosis. "How did you know so quickly what the problem was?" the intern inquired.

"Well, when I dropped my stethoscope, I noticed a bunch of banana and orange peels in the trash can next to the bed."

The next call was a young, recently married woman complaining about chronic fatigue. The older doctor decided to let the new kid handle this one. So as the young doctor approached the edge of the bed, he "accidentally" dropped the stethoscope on the floor.

"Ma'am, I think you are too involved in church activities and are spreading yourself too thin. Stay away from Church other than on Sunday morning for a few months and see if your energy doesn't return."

The older doctor was impressed. Once outside, he asked the intern how he arrived at his diagnosis.

"Well, when I dropped my stethoscope, I noticed the preacher hiding under the bed naked."

:lol

mouse
10-26-2005, 10:06 AM
"When we die and I believed and you did not believe and you are right, what have I lost? But, what if I am right? What have you lost?

I'm sorry but you lost me :lmao

mouse
10-26-2005, 10:11 AM
I applaud your efforts Mouse... but I'm not sure that last line will be very effective in winniI ng people over... :oops :lol

I don't want to win anyone over, why sould I share Heaven with a bunch of bandwagon Bible fans? They can all burn in hell. besides many of them are bandwagon Spur fans also. so to them I say... BURN BASTARDS BURN!!!!
:smokin

Spurminator
10-26-2005, 10:13 AM
why sould I share Heaven with a bunch of bandwagon Bible fans?

:lol

mouse
10-26-2005, 10:32 AM
Back to the free questions.............

I was wondering why the Jews and the PLO fight so much? WTF started it all?

thanks

JoeChalupa
10-26-2005, 11:34 AM
Is this BYOB? :lmao

I will be at Joe Chalupas tonight fixing his PC maybe I can get him to drop me off. can you record the class incase others who can't make it get to see what they missed?

:wow :wow :wow

thispego
10-26-2005, 12:07 PM
religion, lol

tlongII
10-26-2005, 12:31 PM
Short answer bat is that the scientific evidence favors creation over evolution. Both ideas ultimately are faith-based, so the best way to compare them is to produce models that predict what effects you should find, and then see which one fits the available data better.

Definitely not true. There is no scientific evidence that favors creation. Unless you have found a bunch of wacko scientists that is.

batman2883
10-26-2005, 12:33 PM
religion, lol

FUCKING PEGO HA HA HA HA HA HIS WILD CALMNESS SHOULD TEACH US ALL A LESSON

Suns Fan
10-26-2005, 12:36 PM
Definitely not true. There is no scientific evidence that favors creation.

where is the scientific evidence that proves we came from the monkey?

Unless you have found a bunch of wacko scientists that is.

Stay with your we came from a monkey scientists, you fit right in,

travis2
10-26-2005, 12:38 PM

Strawman argument. No theory states we came from a monkey.

tlongII
10-26-2005, 12:39 PM

Have you ever heard of the fossil record? Or radio-carbon dating?

tlongII
10-26-2005, 12:41 PM
Strawman argument. No theory states we came from a monkey.

Apes and humans evolved from a common ancestor that was certainly "monkey-like". That is irrefutable.

travis2
10-26-2005, 12:42 PM
Apes and humans evolved from a common ancestor that was certainly "monkey-like". That is irrefutable.

It was a "primate", yes. But there is a distinction.

You and I are on the same side...I am merely correcting terminology, that's all...

Looter
10-26-2005, 12:42 PM
No theory states we came from a monkey.

I beg to differ :lol

http://cache.nba.com/media/history/ewing_350_1990.jpg

thispego
10-26-2005, 12:46 PM
awww snap
god created aforensis and homo erectus in his likeness as well

Oh, Gee!!
10-26-2005, 12:46 PM
If God is good, why do puppies die?

thispego
10-26-2005, 12:49 PM
because the GIG's and MOOKIES of the world cant keep their schlongs to themselves

Oh, Gee!!
10-26-2005, 12:51 PM
http://home.earthlink.net/~norwich.terrier/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/snap.jpg

greywheel
10-26-2005, 12:54 PM
If God is good, why do puppies die?

Because all dogs go to heaven. Some just get to go sooner than others.

Victor Newman
10-26-2005, 01:21 PM

Sorry to burst your no Bible reading bubble but..........

They found out back in 1996 that the carbon dating had many flaws, They even did a test on a piece of coal which after testing was known to be 100 million years old , the coal was made by a man from NASA and it only took him 24 hours to make. The fossil records don't prove how old the earth is, it only proves there was life that was at least 5,000 years old. anyone who thinks the earth is over 1 million years old is either an idiot, or they just want to try and prove there is no GOD, you kind strike me as a little of both.

Spam
10-26-2005, 01:25 PM

Man messing with woman's monkey is why man is still here....

Oh, Gee!!
10-26-2005, 01:26 PM
Because all dogs go to heaven. Some just get to go sooner than others.

Even this dog?

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5722/305/1600/Ugliestdog.jpg

travis2
10-26-2005, 01:29 PM

They found out back in 1996 that the carbon dating had many flaws, They even did a test on a piece of coal which after testing was known to be 100 million years old , the coal was made by a man from NASA and it only took him 24 hours to make. The fossil records don't prove how old the earth is, it only proves there was life that was at least 5,000 years old. anyone who thinks the earth is over 1 million years old is either an idiot, or they just want to try and prove there is no GOD, you kind strike me as a little of both.

Sorry to burst your "I don't need to know any science", but your supposed story has been thrown in the trash heap where it belongs.

There is no conflict between science and faith. At least, not for those with sufficiently open minds and an unbounded vision of God.

You sure like name calling, don't you....

Suns Fan
10-26-2005, 01:33 PM
There is no conflict between science and faith.

what color is the sky in your world? :lmao

travis2
10-26-2005, 01:42 PM
Blue.

What color is it in yours?

And is your God omnipotent and of infinitely higher intelligence, or do you have to put Him in a box?

Guru of Nothing
10-26-2005, 01:42 PM
what color is the sky in your world? :lmao

Somebody needs to quit staring into the Suns.

Spurminator
10-26-2005, 01:46 PM
The conflict between science and faith is a creation of closed minded idiots with agendas, and it does nothing to further the cause and acceptance of their science or their faith.

travis2
10-26-2005, 01:47 PM
The conflict between science and faith is a creation of closed minded idiots with agendas, and it does nothing to further the cause and acceptance of their science or their faith.

Bravo! Encore!

Dan Rather
10-26-2005, 02:05 PM
Blue.

What color is it in yours?

How would he know? he lives in his mothers basement :lmao

And is your God omnipotent and of infinitely higher intelligence,
you left out handsome

xrayzebra
10-26-2005, 02:30 PM
I'm sorry but you lost me :lmao

mouse, the answer is: I lost nothing if you are right. If I was right you have lost your soul and ever lasting life. I hope you don't find this that funny.

tlongII
10-26-2005, 02:46 PM

Your story is bullshit. Does this mean I can't get a job at Newman Enterprises?