PDA

View Full Version : Tank for Zion!!!

lebomb
12-06-2018, 12:56 PM
We need a rebuild now.....right now.

With Zion Williams, a healthy Dejonte and Lonnie Walker, DeRozen, Gay and LA.

Who knows? Maybe we can actually compete!!! :toast

Ibleedslvrnblk
12-06-2018, 12:58 PM
No...

Dex
12-06-2018, 12:59 PM

There are still 8 teams with the same or worse records than us.

Even if we actively started tanking now, we still probably wouldn't get a top 5 pick.

Chucho
12-06-2018, 12:59 PM
Zion William's is fool's gold. A fat , undersized big man isnt going to cut it in today's NBA. He'll bust worst than Fultz and might bust as bad as the sissy Canuck who went 1st to Cleveland and was out of the league in 3 years.

Lonnie Walker IV
12-06-2018, 01:09 PM
Zion William's is fool's gold. A fat , undersized big man isnt going to cut it in today's NBA. He'll bust worst than Fultz and might bust as bad as the sissy Canuck who went 1st to Cleveland and was out of the league in 3 years.

Overweight undersized athletes. :lol

Nivek_ogre
12-06-2018, 01:18 PM
Could be the next Anthony Bennett

SPURt
12-06-2018, 01:26 PM
Could be the next Anthony Bennett
But but but Anthony Bennett just dropped 36 on the Austin Spurs going 8-9 from 3

8FOR!3
12-06-2018, 01:27 PM
It's crazy how many people have never seen Zion Williamson play comment that he's fat and overweight and underskilled.

SuperCam
12-06-2018, 01:32 PM
Pros: skilled mega-athletic monster that can handle the ball and set up others. Isn't fatheaded.
Cons: hasn't gotten over himself :pop:

spurraider21
12-06-2018, 01:39 PM
It's crazy how many people have never seen Zion Williamson play comment that he's fat and overweight and underskilled.
he's been called undersized, not underskilled.

he's dejuan blair on roids tbh

Rob123
12-06-2018, 01:40 PM
There's so much wrong with this thread.

First of all, they flattened out the odds of getting the number 1 pick to prevent tanking. We just need to get one of the top 6 worst records to have a reasonable shot at the #1 or #2 pick.

Secondly, I hope we get the #2 pick because I would much prefer RJ Barret as opposed to Zion Williamson.

LaMarcus Bryant
Zion is either a fatter, blacker, more athletic DeJuan Blair

Or he's a fatter, blacker, more athletic LeBron James

Which is it?

dynamodr3w

you sir have the dumbest idiotic comment of the day. Many analysts who have actually played the game of basketball, including myself, would tell you that you're crazy! This dude is better than lebron out of high school , faster stronger etc. He reminds me of shaq out of college. Was he big?? Yes he was and was around his size. This kid is still growing thats what you don't understand. FAT?? LOL!! Have you been watching the games or only seeing highlights? dumb..

spurraider21
12-06-2018, 01:41 PM
you sir have the dumbest idiotic comment of the day. Many analysts who have actually played the game of basketball, including myself, would tell you that you're crazy! This dude is better than lebron out of high school , faster stronger etc. He reminds me of shaq out of college. Was he big?? Yes he was and was around his size. This kid is still growing thats what you don't understand. FAT?? LOL!! Have you been watching the games or only seeing highlights? dumb..
why would watching a game instead of a highlight help you make a judgment on his weight?

BackHome
12-06-2018, 01:49 PM
I am thinking we get a pick in 7 to 10 range which still gets you a stud of a player.

Arcadian
12-06-2018, 02:10 PM
You can't simply "tank for a player" - you can only tank for a lottery position. Draft picks are locked behind RNG.

SpurPadre
12-06-2018, 02:13 PM

he's dejuan blair on roids and ACLS tbh

FIFY

JeffDuncan
12-06-2018, 02:16 PM
But but but Anthony Bennett just dropped 36 on the Austin Spurs going 8-9 from 3

Sign him!

playblair
12-06-2018, 02:23 PM

he's dejuan blair on roids tbh

zion is nowhere near the rebounder dejuan blair is............ zion will never achieve a 20+ rebounding game blair did it 3 times vs nba competition

TimDunkem
12-06-2018, 02:26 PM
Shawn Kemp with a jumper.

Worthy of a top pick, imo.

lmbebo
12-06-2018, 02:29 PM
Zion is super athletic. A dunker. Haven't much skill aside from that ... Not sure what hype is all about...

SPURt
12-06-2018, 02:34 PM
Sign him!
Can’t be worse than the poo poo platter of “talent” we’ve had the opportunity to watch this season lol

Raven
12-06-2018, 02:56 PM

worst take ever.

Keepin' it real
12-06-2018, 03:02 PM
Tank for Zion!
Plane for Josiah!!
Choo-choo for Malachi!!!

Chucho
12-06-2018, 03:07 PM

There are so few analysts worth their weight in salt. And being great on college and high school levels mean jack when you are undersized and overweight for the position he plays by NBA standards. And comparing a legit center like Shaq to a tweener who doesnt fit into today's NBA mold.

He's too short and fat to be a legit 4 and he cant shoot. He's too fat and slow to be a wing or be trusted to defend wings.

TheGreatYacht
12-06-2018, 03:09 PM
This thread isn't short on shit takes. Zion is the real deal. You want fat? Look at your wives in the mornings.

Chucho
12-06-2018, 03:14 PM
This thread isn't short on shit takes. Zion is the real deal. You want fat? Look at your wives in the mornings.

:lol Insecure when your hubby is a gym trainer.

SuperCam
12-06-2018, 03:15 PM
Zion can get his head above the rims on dunks but fatburger eating spurfan who cant see their own priccs want to call him fat behind their laptops :lol

TheGreatYacht
12-06-2018, 03:17 PM
:lol Insecure when your hubby is a gym trainer.
What?

TheGreatYacht
12-06-2018, 03:17 PM
Zion can get his head above the rims on dunks but fatburger eating spurfan who cant see their own priccs want to call him fat behind their laptops :lol
:lmao

TrainOfThought5
12-06-2018, 03:20 PM

JESUS CHRIST ������������

lebomb
12-06-2018, 03:21 PM
NO shit....... Las Palapas #11 combination platter eatin mufawkuhs callin Zion fat. :lmao

SpurPadre
12-06-2018, 03:21 PM
How's Zion's 3 point shot?

TheGreatYacht
12-06-2018, 03:23 PM
How's Zion's 3 point shot?
Not good. But as proven by young Lebron, Greak Freak, and Simmons you don't need one if you're unstoppable.

lebomb
12-06-2018, 03:24 PM
Not good, but he is avg 20pts, almost 10 boards and 67% f/g.

SuperCam
12-06-2018, 03:27 PM
Zion plucked a shot out of midair and ran the fast break to the basket scoringg on a layup with his off hand after crossing over a forward on the other team. When is the last spur who did that tbh?

Chucho
12-06-2018, 03:33 PM
What?

Calling you a faggot, dummy.

TheGreatYacht
12-06-2018, 03:36 PM
Calling you a faggot, dummy.
I see you were offended because your wife is shaped like a Nose Tackle.

Chucho
12-06-2018, 03:39 PM
I see you were offended because your wife is shaped like a Nose Tackle.

Nope, not even close, Pa.

You're a shit poster and a faggot. And stupid. Just wanted to remind you, that's all.

TheGreatYacht
12-06-2018, 03:42 PM
Nope, not even close, Pa.

You're a shit poster and a faggot. And stupid. Just wanted to remind you, that's all.
The opinion of a Mexican who tries his hardest to get accepted by the cacs does not concern me. Look at my Mexican American over here!

SpurPadre
12-06-2018, 03:47 PM
Not good. But as proven by young Lebron, Greak Freak, and Simmons you don't need one if you're unstoppable.

Thanks, bruh.

Chucho
12-06-2018, 03:51 PM
The opinion of a Mexican who tries his hardest to get accepted by the cacs does not concern me. Look at my Mexican American over here!

LOL, you think I'm Mexican because my screename. :lol

Who am I trying to impress and how? It's me making fun of you because you having the nerve to call anyone's takes "shit" is laughable at best.

RD2191
12-06-2018, 04:11 PM

He's "native american" lmao

Trill Clinton
12-06-2018, 05:46 PM

Trill Clinton
12-06-2018, 05:48 PM
Lol

TheGreatYacht
12-06-2018, 05:57 PM
He's "native american" lmao

BatManu20
12-06-2018, 06:04 PM
Spurs won’t get Zion, who will likely go #1. That will go to one of the true tankers like CLE, PHX, ATL, CHI, etc.

But that doesn’t mean this team couldn’t still get a Top-6 Pick if they tanked down the stretch. Will likely never happen, as were not quite bad enough, and “culture” and all that, but it’s the right thing to do if we’re still playing like this in a couple months tbh. Tank, regroup, get Dejounte back and Lonnie incorporated, and come back strong next year.

james evans
12-06-2018, 06:10 PM
Fucking idiots that still think a 41 year old sg would save us. These Mfers here don’t have a clue.

Rusty
12-06-2018, 06:15 PM
he's athletic, explosive, can dunk? I don't like him:pop:

BatManu20
12-06-2018, 06:18 PM
Lol at people comparing Zion to Dejuan Blair... Dude just turned 18 like 4 months ago and is already putting up monster numbers at the college level. Not saying he doesn’t have flaws or that he’s guaranteed to be a bonafide superstar, but to suggest that his potential isn’t through the roof is ridiculous. He’s a 6’7 280 lb man amongst boys and probably the best athlete to enter the draft since Lebron. Legit. PATFO would give Manu’s right testicle to get their hands on him if given the opportunity. Don’t kid yourself.

8FOR!3
12-06-2018, 09:15 PM
Fucking idiots that still think a 41 year old sg would save us. These Mfers here don’t have a clue.

No but I might be more interested in watching the games lol can’t deny that

cool cat
12-06-2018, 09:25 PM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/9-16-2015/7NAUsW.gif

Zion Party!

Kobe'sAchilles
12-06-2018, 09:32 PM
The dude reminds me of Shawn Kemp. We would still have zero shooting and zero defense if we pick him but I still like him :lol

DAF86
12-06-2018, 09:43 PM
Everytime I see highlights from this dude, all I see is a dunking parade over kids. Yeah, the athleticism he has for such a big body is impressive but I would like to see something else. Some one on one ability, some nifty passes, I don't know, anything besides bully ball over lesser athletes.

dbestpro
12-06-2018, 09:47 PM

I would sign him. Could not be any worse, and you might strike gold. He's been hitting the three regularly.

sasaint
12-06-2018, 09:56 PM
I would sign him. Could not be any worse, and you might strike gold. He's been hitting the three regularly.

Great idea! Do it, RC!

bic50
12-06-2018, 10:09 PM
Zion is special. We have no chance to get him though :depressed

bic50
12-06-2018, 10:10 PM
NO shit....... Las Palapas #11 combination platter eatin mufawkuhs callin Zion fat. :lmao

bic50
12-06-2018, 10:11 PM

12-06-2018, 10:26 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

apalisoc_9
12-06-2018, 10:28 PM
Is this guy for real? I dont watch college ball tbh. Id rather my eyes bleed and poked than watch.

How much better is college ball now with spacing etc? :lol

pad300
12-06-2018, 10:34 PM
Zion is for real. IF he stays healthy, he is going to be a very good player. His combination of strength, mass, and amazing athleticism is nearly unprecedented (think young Barkley and Lebron). He's 18 and already has some skills - he will undoubtedly get better. My worry WRT to him, is can his joints hold up to his weight given the explosiveness with which he plays. Lebron's have, but Lebron is a freak...

Lonnie Walker IV
12-06-2018, 10:40 PM
Zion is for real. IF he stays healthy, he is going to be a very good player. His combination of strength, mass, and amazing athleticism is nearly unprecedented (think young Barkley and Lebron). He's 18 and already has some skills - he will undoubtedly get better. My worry WRT to him, is can his joints hold up to his weight given the explosiveness with which he plays. Lebron's have, but Lebron is a freak...

Dat "south beach diet". :lol

pad300
12-06-2018, 10:53 PM
Dat "south beach diet". :lol

The "South Beach Diet" can add muscle mass and recovery, but I've never heard of it making your tendons and connective tissue stronger. Lebron is huge, powerful, and plays incredibly fast for his size: he puts enormous stress on his joints; it's physics. Yet he's never had a problem... Great genetics I guess, because I don't think roids can do that.

HarlemHeat37
12-06-2018, 11:14 PM
The "South Beach Diet" can add muscle mass and recovery, but I've never heard of it making your tendons and connective tissue stronger. Lebron is huge, powerful, and plays incredibly fast for his size: he puts enormous stress on his joints; it's physics. Yet he's never had a problem... Great genetics I guess, because I don't think roids can do that.

He's obviously on PEDs(as is every pro athlete) but that isn't the reason for his durability..they would actually make it more likely to cause injuries, not prevent them:lol

Lonnie Walker IV
12-06-2018, 11:31 PM

If your muscles dont wear and tear, his joints are better dumb fuck. :lmao

pad300
12-06-2018, 11:50 PM
He's obviously on PEDs(as is every pro athlete) but that isn't the reason for his durability..they would actually make it more likely to cause injuries, not prevent them:lol

If your muscles dont wear and tear, his joints are better dumb fuck. :lmao

Harlem can actually read. You're illiterate, and it shows. We've had this kind of discussion before.

To explain it for you: Roids = Bigger Stronger muscles = MORE force on the tendons and connective tissue. Roids =/= stronger tendons and connective tissue. Roids = more likely for your joints to FAIL. Lebron is very likely on roids. He is freaky big, freaky strong, and freaky fast. Yet due to great genes, his joints have not been a problem.

To bring it back on topic. Zion is also freaky big, strong and fast. Can his joints hold up to this level of stress once he gets older? That is the biggest risk to him having a strong to great NBA career.

SouthTexasRancher
12-07-2018, 12:02 AM

Are we talking about a Zion Williams like you say or are we talking about Zion Williamson of Duke? I'm confused.

BackHome
12-07-2018, 12:17 AM
Why are you fools arguing about a top 2 pick no way do we get even close to that in lottery.

r0drig0lac
12-07-2018, 04:50 AM

spurstalk

this, Shaw Kemp would be the closest comparison to reality (though that kid might be even more athletic, if that's really possible), but I think of a rich man Julius Randle comparing to a current player, would still like to draft Barrett with a first pick, but this kid will destroy already in his rookie year, no doubt

monty4329
12-07-2018, 07:39 AM

What?? Better than leBron out of high school?

lebomb
12-07-2018, 07:40 AM
Why are you fools arguing about a top 2 pick no way do we get even close to that in lottery.

Sure we can.............just lose without anyone knowing its intentional. Drop like 97% of our games the rest of the way, and we will be in the top 3 for picks.

ITS EASY!!! :toast

:wakeup

spurs50_
12-07-2018, 07:51 AM
Lebron is juicing

Lonnie Walker IV
12-07-2018, 08:06 AM
Harlem can actually read. You're illiterate, and it shows. We've had this kind of discussion before.

To explain it for you: Roids = Bigger Stronger muscles = MORE force on the tendons and connective tissue. Roids =/= stronger tendons and connective tissue. Roids = more likely for your joints to FAIL. Lebron is very likely on roids. He is freaky big, freaky strong, and freaky fast. Yet due to great genes, his joints have not been a problem.

To bring it back on topic. Zion is also freaky big, strong and fast. Can his joints hold up to this level of stress once he gets older? That is the biggest risk to him having a strong to great NBA career.

I actually work out a ton. For 10 plus years now. You get wear and tear if you dont watch yourself. If your muscles get weaker, your "joints" get weaker. Dumb fuck. :lmao

testies
12-07-2018, 09:52 AM
I've watched Zion highlights and he seems like a #20 pick and below to me.

T-rex arms, doesn't have a position, can't shoot. His shots will get swatted by the Whitesides of the NBA. His defense sucks too.

If you can't shoot, you better be Giannis. This guy will be a huge flop

RD2191
12-07-2018, 11:20 AM
I'm iffy on fat undersized players since Anthony Bennett tbh

SAGirl
12-07-2018, 11:34 AM
I'm iffy on fat undersized players since Anthony Bennett tbh

hmmm Pop might just love this prospect. :lol

Seriously though, Spurs will probably no bottom out enough to draft in the top 5 for example.

Mirrornick
12-07-2018, 03:35 PM
I don't see anyone being able to guard that freak of nature. I am all for tanking for Zion. As much as I want the playoffs, we all know the narative.

ace3g
02-20-2019, 10:51 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dz5kvk3XQAAje8T.jpg:large

BatManu20
02-21-2019, 07:14 AM
The Ginobili special.

TDomination
02-21-2019, 08:28 AM
Man that looks almost exactly how manus shoe just exploded and his foot went right through.

101A
02-21-2019, 08:30 AM

Do your wives get skinny later in the day? Mine's fat pretty much all the time.

Blackhaus
02-21-2019, 08:35 AM
Dude is 285lbs and makes cuts and jumps of someone half his weight, pretty sure Nike never expected someone that big with that much athleticism. Or maybe that did and they just made another shit product or the shoe was worn.

GusT15
02-21-2019, 08:45 AM
Dude is 285lbs and makes cuts and jumps of someone half his weight, pretty sure Nike never expected someone that big with that much athleticism. Or maybe that did and they just made another shit product or the shoe was worn.

I know Nike is as greedy and profit driven as every multinational corporation out there,and that's why their factories are in Vietnam,Indonesia,China and those parts of the world with shoes sewed from 8 year old kids.

But when they provide their product to future millionaire athletes and current NBA superstars,would it be too much of a hit financially to be running a factory in the US,specifically for professional Leagues and/or their superstar athletes that represent the company while in contract with Nike?

I'm actually asking,i dunno if they have such a factory running already and they are just making shitty shoes.

DJR210
02-21-2019, 10:14 AM
lawsuit inbound assuming the knee is fucked

exstatic
02-21-2019, 10:17 AM
Y'Know, I realize that he's the next 'thing', but dude looks like he ATE Boris Diaw. Guys this size frequently eat their way out of the league, or have injury shortened careers.

Russ
02-21-2019, 10:17 AM
Tank for Zion?

The only tanking for Zion right about now is Nike stock (at least for a while) . . .

Keepin' it real
02-21-2019, 11:20 AM
The Ginobili special.

Man that looks almost exactly how manus shoe just exploded and his foot went right through.

Nope. According to ESPN, this has never happened before. So you must be delusional.

Texas_Ranger
02-21-2019, 12:34 PM
Dind't we already have Dejuan Blair?

Russ
02-21-2019, 03:07 PM

Didn't have to waste the No. 1 pick in the draft on him, either . . .

SpurPadre
02-21-2019, 03:12 PM

He's more than just a Blair with ACLs, tbh.

exstatic
02-21-2019, 03:14 PM
He's more than just a Blair with ACLs, tbh.

As big as he is, and the moves he attempts, he won't have ACLs for long.

TimDunkem
02-21-2019, 03:19 PM
ST's track record at predicting the careers of young players is horrible so I'm going to lean towards Zion having a great NBA career.

Russ
02-21-2019, 05:18 PM
Is Sports Illustrated trolling poor Zion?

Here's what they say:

1. Cleveland Cavaliers CAVALIERS: ZION WILLIAMSON, F, DUKE
Height: 6'7" | Weight: 285 | Freshman

Williamson is approaching permanent-ink status atop this draft class, his dominant play continuing to widen the gap in perception. Duke has needed every ounce of his prolific production, and his wide-ranging impact on winning games outweighs any long-term positional questions. Williamson is the type of talent you bring in to build around, and all the platitudes in the world can’t appropriately describe his rare combination of skill, strength and explosiveness. For a franchise like Cleveland in need of a jolt, his immediate star power is an added bonus. As we have maintained dating back before the season, Williamson is an ideal fit for the modern NBA, and a runaway choice at No. 1.

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/01/30/nba-mock-draft-2019-zion-williamson-rj-barrett-ja-morant-cam-reddish

koriwhat
02-21-2019, 06:03 PM
ST's track record at predicting the careers of young players is horrible so I'm going to lean towards Zion having a great NBA career.

:tu that's a good bet tbh

boutons_deux
02-21-2019, 10:20 PM
zion out 2 - 6 weeks

TDMVPDPOY
02-21-2019, 11:49 PM

when it comes to duke players, thats different, all have good careers in the league making up the numbers, but how many have actually been a top star in the league?

Allan Rowe vs Wade
02-21-2019, 11:54 PM
Nope. According to ESPN, this has never happened before. So you must be delusional.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/02/zion-williamson-nike-shoe-history

tlongII
02-21-2019, 11:58 PM
zion out 2 - 6 weeks

He’s day to day. Might even be back Saturday.

Keepin' it real
02-22-2019, 10:59 AM
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/02/zion-williamson-nike-shoe-history

Don't tell ESPN, that'll ruin their narrative.