PDA

View Full Version : Rasho= waste of oxygen, start Oberto unload rasho

RobinsontoDuncan
10-26-2005, 08:33 AM
I never liked the Nesterovic signing, and I have never bought the idea that he is a great defender either. I think the only time Pop says asinine things about how good rasho is on the defensive end is when he is trying to raise his stock, but I have seldom been impressed with a single fasset of Rasho's game and am 90% sure that had he been starting in the post season his numbers would have tanked. He probably would have pulled a hedo, bricked open shots and miss a bunch of layups while simultaneously failing to so much as breathe on his defensive assgnment.

Oberto on the other hand is not a horible defensive player, has had an excellent camp and preseason by all accounts, and has the potential to be more than what ultimalty both Rasho and Nazr will be in the playoffs.... a handicap. I just dont think oberto will be 1) a waste of oxygen the way Rasho is or 2) as stonehanded and inconsistant as Nazr was.

Clandestino
10-26-2005, 08:38 AM
9 out of 10 spurs fans agree. RASHO SUCKS!

ploto
10-26-2005, 08:43 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble. But come opening night, Rasho will be starting and everyone can eat their words. :)

easjer
10-26-2005, 08:49 AM
:rolleyes

Guru of Nothing
10-26-2005, 08:57 AM
I never liked the Nesterovic signing, and I have never bought the idea that he is a great defender either. I think the only time Pop says asinine things about how good rasho is on the defensive end is when he is trying to raise his stock, but I have seldom been impressed with a single fasset of Rasho's game and am 90% sure that had he been starting in the post season his numbers would have tanked. He probably would have pulled a hedo, bricked open shots and miss a bunch of layups while simultaneously failing to so much as breathe on his defensive assgnment.

Oberto on the other hand is not a horible defensive player, has had an excellent camp and preseason by all accounts, and has the potential to be more than what ultimalty both Rasho and Nazr will be in the playoffs.... a handicap. I just dont think oberto will be 1) a waste of oxygen the way Rasho is or 2) as stonehanded and inconsistant as Nazr was.

Fassenating.

Marcus Bryant
10-26-2005, 08:58 AM
Radoslav isn't that bad, but it seems like Pop's coaching has made him paranoid about making a mistake to the point that he is afraid to be assertive on the floor. That is not good.

Anyways, the Spurs' plan is to get Oberto into that starting 5 spot no matter what. $2.5 mil a season for a starting center for the next 3 looks mighty tempting to old Holt Cat.

Honestly, the Spurs should retain Nesterovic and Mohammed. There's nothing wrong with having some bigman depth in this league, especially when you might be squaring off against Miami in the Finals next June.

batman2883
10-26-2005, 09:01 AM
Rasho sucks ass, and the only reason he might start opening night is because of Nazr's trouble at home with his wife during training camp and preseason.....so dont chalk it up to him being better, its because Nazr found it more appropriate to be with his wife in her time of need. Rasho will be 4th string by the end of november....he will get the starts, and build up his credibility for a trade.

easjer
10-26-2005, 09:29 AM
Or it could be that he's been among the better and more aggressive players on the team in preseason and has earned that role back, whereas Nazr was not playing well or picking up the rotations despite his missed time in camp.

But, whatever. The Rasho haters will always hate and the apologists will love.

angel_luv
10-26-2005, 09:35 AM
A picture is worth a thousand words. =)

mcornelio
10-26-2005, 09:39 AM
i cant wait till all u haters jump back on the rasho bandwagon in a few months ...

THE COALITION TO KEEP RASHO LIVES ON BITCHES!!

GoSpurs21
10-26-2005, 09:43 AM
9 out of 10 spurs fans agree. RASHO SUCKS!for the most part 9 out of 10 Spurs dont know jack and suck
go back to watching ESPN and letting other people tell you what's what you sheep

Dalamar_the_Dark
10-26-2005, 10:02 AM
I just dont seem to understand why some of u guys must find someone to hate constantly. It seems that just cause hes soft to some of u guys, u will be so willing to take Rasho apart. If its not Rasho some of u jerks are trying to dissect, its Brent Barry for how sucky he is. Or Parker on how sucky his jumpshot is and how he freezes up in the playoffs. I really hate the crap that is dished out on these guys. Rasho doesnt get enough credit for guarding the opposing big men well. You idiots just look at the damn box score. What does that tell u? Statistics only.

I dont want to digress but probably some of you same folks are dishing Parker about how he just plain sucks. To me Parker is a very good point guard. He will be great very soon. Many of you jackasses forget that he is only in his early 20's and he has done so much more. What do you think LeBron would have achieved by Parker's age? For all the hype that surrounds LeBron about his greatness, he failed to get his team into the playoffs for 2 seasons in the Eastern Conference as well. LeBron will be getting a whole lot more stick if the Cavs dont make it into the playoffs again or get stuck in the first round. Will then there be any questions regarding his greatness?

All you folks lobbying for Nazr is crazy. From what Ive seen from him so far, he aint impressed me much. Yes hes more aggresive. Yes he gets more offensive boards. Yes he might block a couple more shots. (go read the article on Duncan's defense and how Duncan has the best average combination of blocked shots and Defensive rebounds yes hes better than Ben Wallace) Rasho is the same. Nazr if good on the offensive boards and he trys to block shots. But do you guys notice that our defensive rebounds has decreased and opponents offensive rebounds has increased when Nazr took over? The reason seems obvious to me. We are certainly letting teams score on us a lot more though we are scoring more as well. The Spurs points for and points against difference has definitely decreased since Nazr took over.

AND YOU GUYS WANT HIM TO START??!?!??!?!!!!!!!!!!!

cause he can freaking throw it down and Rasho cant. Please.............

mcornelio
10-26-2005, 10:04 AM
you guys that spend all day talking shit about pop and rasho or tony should just go watch quite frankly every night... cuz quite frankly you dont know jack

batman2883
10-26-2005, 10:04 AM
I was never on the Rasho Bandwagon, i never liked the dude the moment we got him from MInny when dRob retired, i was like who is this goofy mofo and why did we get him.....I will never root for his lanky, non aggressive play...i only wish that Charles Barkley would step in and show him how to really play in the post

batman2883
10-26-2005, 10:06 AM
I just dont seem to understand why some of u guys must find someone to hate constantly. It seems that just cause hes soft to some of u guys, u will be so willing to take Rasho apart. If its not Rasho some of u jerks are trying to dissect, its Brent Barry for how sucky he is. Or Parker on how sucky his jumpshot is and how he freezes up in the playoffs. I really hate the crap that is dished out on these guys. Rasho doesnt get enough credit for guarding the opposing big men well. You idiots just look at the damn box score. What does that tell u? Statistics only.

I dont want to digress but probably some of you same folks are dishing Parker about how he just plain sucks. To me Parker is a very good point guard. He will be great very soon. Many of you jackasses forget that he is only in his early 20's and he has done so much more. What do you think LeBron would have achieved by Parker's age? For all the hype that surrounds LeBron about his greatness, he failed to get his team into the playoffs for 2 seasons in the Eastern Conference as well. LeBron will be getting a whole lot more stick if the Cavs dont make it into the playoffs again or get stuck in the first round. Will then there be any questions regarding his greatness?

All you folks lobbying for Nazr is crazy. From what Ive seen from him so far, he aint impressed me much. Yes hes more aggresive. Yes he gets more offensive boards. Yes he might block a couple more shots. (go read the article on Duncan's defense and how Duncan has the best average combination of blocked shots and Defensive rebounds yes hes better than Ben Wallace) Rasho is the same. Nazr if good on the offensive boards and he trys to block shots. But do you guys notice that our defensive rebounds has decreased and opponents offensive rebounds has increased when Nazr took over? The reason seems obvious to me. We are certainly letting teams score on us a lot more though we are scoring more as well. The Spurs points for and points against difference has definitely decreased since Nazr took over.

AND YOU GUYS WANT HIM TO START??!?!??!?!!!!!!!!!!!

cause he can freaking throw it down and Rasho cant. Please.............

Sorry but i only have hate for Rasho, i have never hated any other player in Spurs history, hell i even liked Rodman......its not about throwing it down in my eyes its about all around hustle, hell even Will Purdue did better than Rasho.....he was old and he still was more aggressive than Rasho....thats my only beef with the guy and im sorry im going to have to stop because i have already made my notion clear on this subject...from now on i will refrain from trying to bash on Rasho....

Kori Ellis
10-26-2005, 10:22 AM
Honestly, there's not really an upgrade from Rasho to Nazr.

Rasho is much less aggressive on offense and despite what the thread starter thinks is a very good position defender. Nazr doesn't get in the right place on D and pretty much gets in people's way on offense. Nazr gets O boards but pump fakes more than Malik. Rasho is a better jumpshooter. Both have a lot of faults and both will do in a pinch. There aren't that many good centers in the league anyway.

For those calling for Oberto to start, he really would have to catch on to the defensive scheme fast. He's been horrible defensively for the most part in preseason (I'm not blaming him for that) but he's surprisingly doing really well in the flow of the offense already. My concern for Oberto would be height. He looks to be about 6'8-6'9 and those few inches can make a difference in the post (Rasho is over 7', Nazr is 6'11 no shoes) unless you are really talented.

We'll see. I don't think any of them are a fantastic option but with the talent at all the other positions on this team, it doesn't really matter -- they just need to know their role.

Marcus Bryant
10-26-2005, 10:27 AM
When in doubt about Spurs' personnel moves, go with the cheapest option. Oberto will be starting either sometime this season or the next. The Spurs can't give Radoslav away so it looks like they are stuck with his contract. Mohammed will command at least Radoslav's price in 2003, if not significantly more.

Hopefully the Spurs can get something good for Mohammed in return by the trade deadline or, more unlikely, in a sign and trade next offseason.

I still think that if the Spurs can find a taker for Radoslav that they will move him, lose Mohammed via trade or letting him walk next summer and that they will bring in Scola to eventually replace Horry as the 1st big off the bench. That way, their starting center will cost $2.5 mil a season and their primary backup big will cost less than $4 mil a season.

ata
10-26-2005, 11:01 AM
RobinsobtoDuncan = waste of bandwidth

Beside what Kori wrote, has anybody ever counted Parker's and Ginobilli's drive-in points when Rasho is on the floor. I understand that fantasy-bball players hate Rasho, however he plays the real not the fantasy thing.
Sometimes there can be finded +/- points. Rasho is always high meaning, with him team plays better offense.

T Park
10-26-2005, 11:15 AM
another worthless thread, with a person without clue 1 for basketball talking like an idiot with a paper neck.

RashoFan
10-26-2005, 11:29 AM
THE COALITION TO KEEP RASHO LIVES ON BITCHES!!
:lol

I will comment on this offensive thread when I have more time...off to work...in the mean time...CHATA!!!!

Oh, Gee!!
10-26-2005, 11:33 AM
Nobody is gonna take Rasho off our hands unless we throw in another player like Beno b/c Rasho is overpriced.

nkdlunch
10-26-2005, 11:43 AM
Like I said in the past. Oberto will eventually become our starter. At this point, Nazr = Rasho which = headache for spursfans.

T Park
10-26-2005, 11:56 AM
Nazr = Rasho which = headache for spursfans.

You sure forgot the Western Conference Playoffs, pretty damn quickly last year didn't ya.

Only one to show up in game 5 VS Seattle, other than Ginobili was who??

Oh yeah, Nazr Mohammed.

ggoose25
10-26-2005, 12:01 PM
why the hell is Nazr missing so many games anyway? is his wife or newborn sick??

Kori Ellis
10-26-2005, 12:03 PM
why the hell is Nazr missing so many games anyway? is his wife or newborn sick??

His wife is ill.

nkdlunch
10-26-2005, 12:06 PM
You sure forgot the Western Conference Playoffs, pretty damn quickly last year didn't ya.

Oh yeah, Nazr Mohammed.

At this point, Nazr = Rasho...

RobinsontoDuncan
10-26-2005, 01:38 PM
T Park telling me i dont know anything about basketball? Well at least I knew who was going to win the finals.

And honestly kori, what does rasho do well on the defendive end? He seldom blocks shots, he doesnt rebound, he is slow laterally, he isnt agressive at all, and he still fouls a lot.

ploto
10-26-2005, 01:42 PM

Oh yeah, Nazr Mohammed.

And you forgot Game 3 in Denver when Nazr sucked and Rasho came in on an injured ankle and played great!

boutons
10-26-2005, 01:44 PM
"My concern for Oberto would be height."

I think Fabricio's hustle, aggressiveness, experience, passing, BIQ could easily offset the couple inches he gives up to Nazr and Rasho. It's not like Rasho's 7 feet have enabled him to be an impact rebounder. Nazr's BIQ and hands aren't winners.

I think we have a very interesting, entertaining "horse race" between three for minutes, if not for starting (which Pop doens't seem to play with much).

La vie est belle!

ploto
10-26-2005, 01:50 PM
And honestly kori, what does rasho do well on the defendive end? He seldom blocks shots, he doesnt rebound, he is slow laterally, he isnt agressive at all, and he still fouls a lot.

Rasho guards the pick n roll better than any big man on the Spurs-- yes, even Tim Duncan. He understands the parameters of the defensive scheme and rotates to the right places -- that is what Pop meant when he called him the best positional defender on the team. Nazr still is out of position a lot. Rasho does not have speed but he actually moves side to side better than Nazr, as well. His length helps make up for his self-admitted lack of athleticism. About the only complaint about Rasho defensively is his defensive rebounding numbers, although he does do a good job of keeping his man off the offensive boards. To understand what Rasho does defensively, compare the Spurs defensive numbers when he is in the game and out. Check out the points allowed per 100 possessions when Rasho is on the floor.

ShoogarBear
10-26-2005, 01:51 PM
Honestly, the Spurs should retain Nesterovic and Mohammed. There's nothing wrong with having some bigman depth in this league, especially when you might be squaring off against Miami in the Finals next June.

:tu

Despite their individual limitations, if either one of Rasho or Nazr gets injured, we will be glad we had the other. Like everyone else, they drive me nuts with their shortcomings, but regardless, we know that the Spurs can win with either one playing 25-30 minutes a game.

If Rasho was making the $2-3 million a year he actually should be making, no one (including the Spurs) would be having this discussion, and we would be congratulating ourselves on having great depth (if not great quality) at the 5.

Kori Ellis
10-26-2005, 01:51 PM

He rotates to the right place on D. He helps. He rebounds overall as well as Nazr (compare Rasho's regular season stats last year to Nazr's heralded playoff stats) and he's a much better defensive rebounder than Nazr. I don't love Rasho. I just think that he does what he's asked to do on D. Offense is another story.

zwbgr
10-26-2005, 01:59 PM
She must be serious ill

Brutalis
10-26-2005, 02:04 PM
The money he signed for should have had 14/10 numbers at least.

Rasho is pathetic, poor excuse for a center. He is just another typical softy who needs to find a home in lottery town.

Brutalis
10-26-2005, 02:05 PM
Rasho guards the pick n roll better than any big man on the Spurs-- yes, even Tim Duncan.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Dario
10-26-2005, 04:15 PM

That is about the only thing I agree with brutalis.
I guess what pop and his team mates want from rasho is his defence and presence in the paint, but I personaly would be very dissapointed in me if I would be getting paid more then someone who gives so much more to the team.
On the other hand, I remember last year when the spurs played first 50 or so games, they played amazing basketball, won almost all of their games with ease - and rasho played big minutes then...
He just fits in this team, I wonder how would he played somewhere else.

ploto
10-26-2005, 04:25 PM
For the record: Minnesota's offer was for $10M more than the Spurs' offer (partially because they could offer higher % raises and an additional year). They were ready to offer him even more to stay there, but he told Kevin McHale it wasn't about getting more money.

ShoogarBear
10-26-2005, 04:57 PM
Okay, somebody wanna reasearch this:

Who are the 14/10 guys in the NBA and what are their salaries?

I would bet that any 14/10 guy is making at least $9-10 mil.

Kori Ellis
10-26-2005, 05:05 PM
I believe the only guys who averaged 14 and 10 last year were Garnett, Duncan, Marion, Okafor, Murphy, Shaq, and Odom. So I don't know how people think that Rasho should get those numbers.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-26-2005, 05:08 PM
There has never been a Rasho bandwagon in the first place.

Post of the Day :lol

I woulda added about 10 !'s for effect.

Oh well. :tu

I find it funny that Nazr's strengths can be put under strict categories, or even quantified. I've yet to see anyone give me a Rasho strength that isnt an "intangible"

boutons
10-26-2005, 05:18 PM
I think I remember a "double-double" thread last season where somebody said only 8 or 9 players out of 450 averaged a double-double, and they were all a lot more expensive than Radoslav, were franchise type guys. I was hoping Rasho could get, as a starter, at least backup Malik Rose 02/03 numbers, (11 and 6) with more than Malik's 24 MPG.

Rasho did get 9 and 8, "flirting" with a double-double, in 03/04.

I don't know how anybody realistically could complain if Rasho got 9 and 8 again in 05/06, as well as playing good defense and being 4th or 5th offensive option.

Rasho's best/last/contract year @MIN was 11 and 6.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/radoslav_nesterovic/index.html

Bitchin about Rasho is really frying small fish, bored people filling up time.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-26-2005, 05:19 PM
backup malik rose numbers are wishful thinking

he had a shitload of started games that season, each one with solid 20/10ish numbers

Useruser666
10-26-2005, 05:34 PM
Rasho did his job against the Pacers. He didn't make any real mistakes and was a positve on the +/-. That is what the Spurs need. That's not saying they can't do better, but take a good look around the league.

Shiner Bock Girl
10-26-2005, 05:56 PM
Honestly, there's not really an upgrade from Rasho to Nazr.

Rasho is much less aggressive on offense and despite what the thread starter thinks is a very good position defender. Nazr doesn't get in the right place on D and pretty much gets in people's way on offense. Nazr gets O boards but pump fakes more than Malik. Rasho is a better jumpshooter. Both have a lot of faults and both will do in a pinch. There aren't that many good centers in the league anyway.

For those calling for Oberto to start, he really would have to catch on to the defensive scheme fast. He's been horrible defensively for the most part in preseason (I'm not blaming him for that) but he's surprisingly doing really well in the flow of the offense already. My concern for Oberto would be height. He looks to be about 6'8-6'9 and those few inches can make a difference in the post (Rasho is over 7', Nazr is 6'11 no shoes) unless you are really talented.

We'll see. I don't think any of them are a fantastic option but with the talent at all the other positions on this team, it doesn't really matter -- they just need to know their role.

Holy Cow!!!! You summed this up perfectly...And i have to agree on everything...I will add, Rasho is now under more stress to try and get back in his groove, i think he's going to suprise everyone.....Pop kept him around for a reason...Have some faith in the guy.....GOOOO RASHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Kobayagi
10-26-2005, 06:15 PM
Why do I have the feeling only the ladies on this board like Rasho (and slovenian members, of course, but that goes without saying)? Is it because he's a bachelor? :lol

boutons
10-26-2005, 06:19 PM
"Is it because he's a bachelor? "

No. The wimmen here are macho ball-busters, so they like their men soft, shy, and bustable. :lol

Kori Ellis
10-26-2005, 06:21 PM
Why do I have the feeling only the ladies on this board like Rasho (and slovenian members, of course, but that goes without saying)? Is it because he's a bachelor? :lol

I think only two ladies in here like Rasho -- Rashofan and Angeluv

xcoriate
10-26-2005, 06:22 PM
Doesn't he live with his mum?

Hardly the bachelor life.

You know I was stoked when we got Nazr and after all we've ben through I honestly think Rasho is the better player. The best possible thing for the Spurs is having Rasho, Nazr and Oberto duke it out for the starting position. It's competitive and they all have something to prove, you can bet that one of them can impress.

Kori Ellis
10-26-2005, 06:23 PM
It's competitive and they all have something to prove, you can bet that one of them can impress.

That's exactly what I'm hoping for as well.

Kobayagi
10-26-2005, 06:24 PM
I think only two ladies in here like Rasho -- Rashofan and Angeluv

Shiner Bock Girl seems to like him too. See above ^^ :)

Kori Ellis
10-26-2005, 06:26 PM

Yeah I saw it. That's not enough devotion to put her in the Rasho lover category ... yet. :princess

angel_luv
10-26-2005, 06:34 PM

Shiner is good people. =)

angel_luv
10-26-2005, 06:38 PM

Actually that is the one thing I don't like about Rasho.

We need to be dating already! :lol

Ocotillo
10-26-2005, 06:41 PM
Jeez, Rasho is fine. Let's look at the centers of the west:

Dampier, Yao, L. Wright, J. Magloire, M. Camby, Olowakandi, T. Ratliff, Potapenko, Boozer, A. Foyle, C. Kaman, Mihm, B. Grant and B. Miller

He's right in the middle of that group.

How about the east?

M. Blount, M. Jackson, E. Curry, S. Dalembert, whoever the Raptors throw out there, T. Chandler, Z. Ilgauskas, B. Wallace, J. Foster, A. Bogut, Hawk's center?, Bobcat's center?, Shaq, K. Cato and B. Haywood.

Again, in the middle.

The trio of Rasho, Nazr and Oberto will be invaluable as there is not a big drop off if any of them get in foul trouble. That will come in handy against a Miami.

Brutalis
10-26-2005, 06:44 PM
I believe the only guys who averaged 14 and 10 last year were Garnett, Duncan, Marion, Okafor, Murphy, Shaq, and Odom. So I don't know how people think that Rasho should get those numbers.

Because there are a few players who at least look like they are earning their salary.

Kobayagi
10-26-2005, 06:47 PM
Bobcat's center?

Primoz Brezec :king

Ocotillo
10-26-2005, 06:49 PM
Primoz Brezec :king

Thanks. :fro

Clandestino
10-26-2005, 07:59 PM
for the most part 9 out of 10 Spurs dont know jack and suck
go back to watching ESPN and letting other people tell you what's what you sheep

:lmao it doesn't take espn for me to see rasho being a pussy. and if anyone here thinks rasho is not a pussy, then they must be a bigger pussy!

SequSpur
10-26-2005, 08:06 PM
:lol @ this topic.

ShoogarBear
10-26-2005, 09:07 PM
Bitchin about Rasho is really frying small fish, bored people filling up time.

I sort of disagree. It's not a #1 priority, but the Spurs depend on having at least two guys who can play center to prevent Tim loggin excessive time there.

From what I've heard, Oberto doesn't have the size to man the center spot a dependable 25 minutes a night (he can probably situationally cover for 10 or so), and for now at least he has defensive deficiencies.

Having both Nazr and Rasho is probably less important for the playoffs, but if we want Tim fresh for the postseason, we need those two bigs.

Liek I said, if Rasho wasn't making what he is, there would be no discussion about getting rid of him, despite the disappointment in his offensive production.

milkyway21
10-26-2005, 09:18 PM

Oberto on the other hand is not a horible defensive player, has had an excellent camp and preseason by all accounts, and has the potential to be more than what ultimalty both Rasho and Nazr will be in the playoffs.... a handicap. I just dont think oberto will be 1) a waste of oxygen the way Rasho is or 2) as stonehanded and inconsistant as Nazr was...i understand.

what can you expect from someone who said an injured Tim Duncan is playing like Chris Webber before? hope the 2005 title pleases you.

guess you can't please everybody :angel

hey I really want Rasho to stay on this team but I can support trading Rasho if you can find a better ,no attitude problem, and CHEAP replacement there is but your reasons of trading him is not good enough for me... :td

Cant_Be_Faded
10-26-2005, 09:21 PM
^^nice title

RobinsontoDuncan
10-26-2005, 09:35 PM
so what none of you ever addressed the warrants of my arg, I never said the fact that tim was injured wasnt the reason why he was playing poorly, all i said was that at the time he wasnt playing his game, and it looked like cwebbs. I dont back down from that, i think he started playing better in the seattle series and in the suns series i saw the old tim for flashes again.

That has nothing to do with the fact that out of the following, all of the bolded names are preferable to rasho

Dampier, Yao, L. Wright, J. Magloire, M. Camby, Olowakandi, T. Ratliff, Potapenko, Boozer, A. Foyle, C. Kaman, Mihm, B. Grant and B. Miller

M. Blount, M. Jackson, E. Curry, S. Dalembert, whoever the Raptors throw out there, T. Chandler, Z. Ilgauskas, B. Wallace, J. Foster, A. Bogut, Hawk's center?, primo breznek, Shaq, K. Cato and B. Haywood.

boutons
10-26-2005, 09:45 PM
We have Fabricio, Roberto, Rasho, Nazro, Seano to spell Timmo. Rasho is hardly alone in carrying that burden. 6 biggo front-courto guys, that otta be enough, dammit!! :lol

If Rasho's post-Nazr-arrival aggressiveness can get him back up to his 03/04 numbers, that will be excellent. Tim, Tony, and Manu will get their double digit averages, 55 PPG, as the first three offensive options, while Brent, Rasho, maybe Michael could come in at 7 - 9 PPG.

milkyway21
10-26-2005, 11:07 PM
so what none of you ever addressed the warrants of my arg, I never said the fact that tim was injured wasnt the reason why he was playing poorly, all i said was that at the time he wasnt playing his game, and it looked like cwebbs. I dont back down from that, i think he started playing better in the seattle series and in the suns series i saw the old tim for flashes again.

That has nothing to do with the fact that out of the following, all of the bolded names are preferable to rasho

Dampier, L. Wright, J. Magloire, M. Camby, Olowakandi, T. Ratliff, Potapenko, Boozer, A. Foyle, C. Kaman, Mihm, B. Grant and B. Miller

M. Blount, M. Jackson, E. Curry, S. Dalembert, whoever the Raptors throw out there, T. Chandler, Z. Ilgauskas, B. Wallace, J. Foster, A. Bogut, Hawk's center?, primo breznek, K. Cato and B. Haywood...are you sure all of these people are
-CHEAPer than Rasho?
-capable of playing alongside Tim Duncan w/o asking for more minutes and the ball?
-better defender, good enough for ShaQ?
-not health risk or injury-prone?
-can play from the bench?
-younger? or
-untied to any team contract?

and hey Dampier? he was a good when he used to play as a Warrior but i was never amazed of him everytime he play gainst San Antonio, even had zero score once, if i remember correctly:td

his 200-4-05 stats vs. S.A.
27min; 5 ppg; 5 rbpg; 1.3blk/g
awesome:wow

Marcus Bryant
10-26-2005, 11:12 PM
Yeah, I mean, I'd prefer Boozer and BWallace over Rasho. I'd also prefer LeBron over Bruce.

Also, Curry? Shit, Radoslav outrebounds that fool. Chrissy Mihm? Foyle?

milkyway21
10-26-2005, 11:23 PM
BWallace i doubt if Detroit is willing enough to part ways with Big Ben at this time :rolleyes.

angel_luv
10-26-2005, 11:25 PM
Rasho is a keeper, pure and simple. =)

milkyway21
10-26-2005, 11:35 PM
we always question about Rasho's performance playing with the team but we forgot then that he was on his peak season playing alongside KG then when we needed a replacement for DRob Pops followed him to Slovenia to sign him. His all-time NBA high in scoring was against this team and vs the twin-towers. He left an equally gifted KG for Tim. If deferring so much to Duncan and the Spurs' big 3 to do the offensive is a crime, then Rasho is a criminal. His stats suffered and now he's paying w/ the mockery and ridicule of some Spurs some who can't seem to stop comparing him to the Mighty Admiral.

but I do agree for Oberto to start, but not yet.

ploto
10-26-2005, 11:44 PM
Even David only averaged double digit rebounds twice alongside Tim- and that was Tim's first two years here.

10.6 rebs per game-- 33.7 mins pg
10.0 rebs per game-- 31.7 mins pg

GoSpurs21
10-27-2005, 12:09 AM
:lmao it doesn't take espn for me to see rasho being a pussy. and if anyone here thinks rasho is not a pussy, then they must be a bigger pussy!again more sheep that let other people do their thinking for them. go back to support republican criminals like the hammer and let the grownups do their own thinking. Thank you for playing now go back to your video games and let the grown ups to their own.

dam this forum used to belong to the grownups but now it seems like it belongs to the same immature kidds that spursreport has gone. what's next, should I also expect to see pop ups like the bullshit ones at spursreport?

ZStomp
10-27-2005, 12:42 AM
Rasho is a keeper, pure and simple. =)

Stop thinking with your "_____" and start using your brain!! hahah :)

seriously, we all know you find him attractive..but do you really think he's a good player?

RashoFan
10-27-2005, 03:04 AM
Holy Cow!!!! You summed this up perfectly...And i have to agree on everything...I will add, Rasho is now under more stress to try and get back in his groove, i think he's going to suprise everyone.....Pop kept him around for a reason...Have some faith in the guy.....GOOOO RASHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Damn...
I like this girl.....Nice name and she is helping to defend Rasho!!! :lol

boutons
10-27-2005, 03:36 AM
Hey angel, I hear you been helpin Rasho with his "low post" moves.
How's than comin along?
Is Rasho the Big Stiff a lot of people claim he is?

:)

RashoFan
10-27-2005, 03:46 AM
Liek I said, if Rasho wasn't making what he is, there would be no discussion about getting rid of him, despite the disappointment in his offensive production.

This sounds like the #1 issue that most people harp on.....I agree with Shoogar Bear on this one.

This is a good point....This falls on the heads of ALL who negotiated the contract...The PTB in the Spurs organization, Rasho's agent, Rasho (Love you honey, still that was alot of $$$$$).

For the record: Minnesota's offer was for $10M more than the Spurs' offer (partially because they could offer higher % raises and an
additional year). They were ready to offer him even more to stay there, but he told Kevin McHale it wasn't about getting more money.

Wow MIN would have paid him more $$$ BUT Rasho chose to play here....I guess he could smell the beginnings of a Dynasty here in SA!

Rasho did his job against the Pacers. He didn't make any real mistakes and was a positve on the +/-. That is what the Spurs need. That's not saying they can't do better, but take a good look around the league.

There is always room for improvement....Myself included!

Doesn't he live with his mum?

Maybe his mother lives WITH him...MY mother lives WITH ME.... :lol

..are you sure all of these people are
-CHEAPer than Rasho?
-capable of playing alongside Tim Duncan w/o asking for more minutes and the ball?
-better defender, good enough for ShaQ?
-not health risk or injury-prone?
-can play from the bench?
-younger? or
-untied to any team contract?

Good points.

Other than talking about trading Rasho...(that horse has been beaten for such a long time) Does any one have any thoughts on how the Spurs organization can actually Help improve Rasho's "game"? They have already invested Millions for him....what's a few $$$$ to hire someone to assist/coach/tutor (whatever) him and (what da hell) Nazr too in Defense/Offense/Confidence....etc.

That is my take on a few things...I wish you all a good night.

RashoFan
10-27-2005, 03:54 AM
Hey angel, I hear you been helpin Rasho with his "low post" moves.
How's than comin along?
Is Rasho the Big Stiff a lot of people claim he is?

:)

Boutons....first, apologize to Angel_luv for that comment. You have not met Angel I think...She is not that kinda girl!!!!...Her devotion and love for Rasho is Pure!
An Angel doesn't make Love An Angel IS Love....I know, I borrowed that line from a movie....
Second....
That comment would be more appropriate towards me however...I love Rasho as well, but I would be more inclined to "jump him". ( If he let me of course...)

I would think that you are jealous that Rasho may actually be more popular with the ladies than you?

milkyway21
10-27-2005, 04:01 AM
I wish you all a good night....I thought you were already sleeping :D

:sleep :sleep :sleep

RashoFan
10-27-2005, 04:04 AM
Had to defend the honor of my Soul Sista Angel first....

xcoriate
10-27-2005, 04:13 AM
I would think that you are jealous that Rasho may actually be more popular with the ladies than you?

:lmao BURN!

R2D I can't believe you mentioned your Duncan=Injured Cwebb statement again, seriously thats something you need to Bury.

Also of all those centers you listed how many teams will a) part with them b) part with them for a package we would be willing to offer and c) be friendly towards out cap/salary cap figures.

Its all very well to point to centers better than Rasho but it doesn't solve anything does it. I think I speak for the majority when I say a motivated and aggresive Rasho is probably the best option we have at the 5.

angel_luv
10-27-2005, 08:51 AM
Stop thinking with your "_____" and start using your brain!! hahah :)

seriously, we all know you find him attractive..but do you really think he's a good player?

I think Rasho is an excellent defender, rebounds well, sets great screens, and plays a part in the other guys getting their shots. He makes some great passes too. ( Just unfortunate he still hasn't made one at me. ;) )

Seriously, you have to watch Rasho play to appreciate his influence. A lot of what he does is not reflected in stat sheets, but I guarentee his team mates appreciate it.

I know Rasho doesn't score a lot. I think he still may be trying to balance deferring to Timmy and taking his shots when they are there. Offensively, Sho is a work in progress but I see tons of potential there.

I've always believed in Rasho- since the minute we signed him- and that was before I saw how handsome he is.

angel_luv
10-27-2005, 08:52 AM
Had to defend the honor of my Soul Sista Angel first....

Thanks sis! :D

And you are right. Rasho's parents live with him not the other way around. =)

easjer
10-27-2005, 09:25 AM
I'm a lady, I like Rasho, but I'm married, so it's not his bachelor status.

I like him because he's a better defender than Nazr, he doesn't get in the way and can score some (he doesn't need to score a lot). Could he be more aggressive? Yes. Taking it on off on some of his rebounds would be lovely. Does it bother me if he's not more aggressive? Not really, because I like that there is less competition for the ball (too many chefs and all that). I'll take him over Nazr's butterfinger pump fakes any day.

RobinsontoDuncan
01-12-2006, 10:15 PM
yeah tonight pretty much makes me feel like rasho is indeed a waste of air on this planet

Man In Black
01-12-2006, 10:20 PM
Yeah...sure like Nazr does better. If Nazr was the better option, then woudn't he get more mins per?

Newsflash, it's a matchup issue that Pop has handled wrong. Rasho is doing his fricken' Job. The other bigs, Duncan included, haven't played at a high level.

RobinsontoDuncan
01-12-2006, 10:30 PM
duncan is injured, but yeah he hasnt been great, at least duncan can grab a fucking rebound though.

Jesus, that play where rasho left the double too slow to get in front of Rashweed showed total lack of effort, he looked like he fucking gave up

RobinsontoDuncan
01-12-2006, 10:31 PM
and yeah, i think nazr would be doing better

RobinsontoDuncan
01-12-2006, 10:32 PM
when Chauncy Billups outrebounds rasho you know you have dead weight on your team