PDA

View Full Version : NBA: So who did Jordan Actually defend?

apalisoc_9
12-06-2018, 06:07 PM
Nikka getting credit defensivley like he's some generational defensive talent. Lebron is playing in the golden age of freak wings. Lebron-Kawhi-Durant. Who does Jordan defend? Jeff Hornacek and John Starks? Shareef Abdullraheem? Veron Maxwel? :lmao

In his era, most of the talent was inside (Bigs). He spent most of his defense standing around waiting for steals. He's not running around chasing guards like kawhi does or running and chasing guards and wings offball.

Lebron was a far more important and impactful defensive player pre 2013. There is no question.

Its crazy scary. In all sports people unanimously agree that athletes today have better competition, better skillsets. Except basketball. Because apperently improvement in the college and highschool level, accessibility of sports, improvement in nutrition, training, equipment etc all made the modern players worse players.

Its like saying Mario 2 is a better game than mario odyssey in terms pf graphics, much compelx gameplay, sotyrlines etc. :lmao

Nostalgia is really tough to battle.

spurraider21
12-06-2018, 07:04 PM
HarlemHeat37 can u give this little guy a pat on the head and a little snack? he wants your attention

TimmyBuckets
12-06-2018, 07:32 PM
Vintage OP

TDMVPDPOY
12-06-2018, 07:42 PM
lol no shit

and those shitty jordan stoppers of the 90s

Arcadian
12-06-2018, 07:50 PM
Mario 2 sucked, but that's a bad example because the USA version of SMB2 was actually a reskin of a completely different game called Doki Doki Panic (while the JP version was what later became The Lost Levels in the west).

Now, if you had said Mario 3, that is the greatest Mario game of all time, arguably. Just a timeless classic.

apalisoc_9
12-06-2018, 07:58 PM
Mario 2 sucked, but that's a bad example because the USA version of SMB2 was actually a reskin of a completely different game called Doki Doki Panic (while the JP version was what later became The Lost Levels in the west).

Now, if you had said Mario 3, that is the greatest Mario game of all time, arguably. Just a timeless classic.

Mario 3 is like 2003 tim duncan :lol

Shit was crack.

TDMVPDPOY
12-06-2018, 08:03 PM
Mario 3 is like 2003 tim duncan :lol

Shit was crack.

that game was bullshit when u can fly from start to finish...

baseline bum
12-06-2018, 08:07 PM

Mario 3 is a little overrated IMO while 1 is greatly underrated. My top 5 Mario games all time:

1. Super Mario Bros
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Super Mario World
4. Super Mario Bros 3
5. Super Mario Galaxy

I liked American Mario 2. Japan Mario 2 was frustrating garbage and Nintendo of America was right to reskin Yume Kojo Doki Doki Panic. Much better game than Japanese SMB 2.

You played Odyssey? Switch is an overrated console IMO but Odyssey is good enough to justify the purchase.

apalisoc_9
12-06-2018, 08:12 PM
Mario 3 is a little overrated IMO while 1 is greatly underrated. My top 5 Mario games all time:

1. Super Mario Bros
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Super Mario World
4. Super Mario Bros 3
5. Super Mario Galaxy

I liked American Mario 2. Japan Mario 2 was frustrating garbage and Nintendo of America was right to reskin Yume Kojo Doki Doki Panic. Much better game than Japanese SMB 2.

You played Odyssey? Switch is an overrated console IMO but Odyssey is good enough to justify the purchase.

Not gonna lie, im tempted to buy switch for zelda.

Just taking a huge break now from video gaming. Persona 5 was way too long

baseline bum
12-06-2018, 08:17 PM
Not gonna lie, im tempted to buy switch for zelda.

Just taking a huge break now from video gaming. Persona 5 was way too long

BOTW is nowhere near as good as the hype IMO. It's a good game, but it getting GOTY ahead of NieR Automata, Persona 5, Super Mario Odyssey, and Horizon Zero Dawn was ridiculous. But Mario Odyssey, that game is a fucking masterpiece. If you have a gaming PC with a strong cpu you can play BOTW better on the Cemu emulator than you can on the Switch.

FrostKing
12-06-2018, 08:20 PM
> "Its crazy scary. In all sports people unanimously agree that athletes today have better competition, better skillsets. Except basketball. Because apperently improvement in the college and highschool level, accessibility of sports, improvement in nutrition, training, equipment etc all made the modern players worse players."

That is because of the summer sneaker camps and only 1 year (or none) of College. In comparison NFL and MLB have more years of development. [NFL is changing their entire concept of tackling, but NBA still striggling with carrying the ball]. Basketball at its foundation is already uber athletic. Its the fundamentals that set it apart

> Who did Jordan defend

I admit he benefited on the defensive end by playing alongside Pippen & Harper. In the 2nd Peat he was in cruise control and turn it up in select times. He was more needed in the 1st Peat when combo'd with Paxson and Armstrong

phxspurfan
12-06-2018, 08:25 PM
I'll do some of the research that OP obviously doesn't do when he starts threads based on false premises.

Just sampling the championship years playoffs runs for ease, not even the early years when he was at the top of his defensive prime...and guards only, even though he's known for his legendary help defensive plays like steals and blocks from out of nowhere

(like this one when he was like 36 PRCTp57LQro)

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1991.html
FINALS (Fakers): Byron Scott, EARVIN "MAGICALLY DIDNT DIE FROM AIDS" JOHNSON
ECF (Pistons): Joe Dumars, ISIAH "TWISTED ANKLE" THOMAS
ECSF (Sixers): JOHNNY "PROBABLY DECENT" DAWKINS, CHARLES "ROUND MOUND OF REBOUND" BARKLEY

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1992.html
FINALS (Just Blazers): DANNY "THROW DEM BOWS" AINGE, TERRY "BALD AT 26" PORTER, CLYDE THE GLIDE DREXLER
ECF (Cavs): Terrell Brandon, Steve Kerr, Craig Ehlo, MARK "DIABLO, SON" PRICE
ECSF (Knicks): Greg Anthony, MARK "PLODDING PG SO 90S" JACKSON, JOAWHN STORKS

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1993.html
Finals (Suns): DANNY "THROW DEM BOWS" AINGE, KEVIN "YOU GOT 24 SECONDS" JOHNSON, THUNDER DAN MAJERLE
ECF (Knicks): Rolando Blackman (not kidding that was his name), Greg Anthony, Doc Rivers, JOAWHN STORKS
ECSF (Cavs): Terrell Brandon, Steve Kerr, Craig Ehlo, MARK "TAKE THIS 3 IN YOUR EYE BITCH" PRICE

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1996.html
Finals (Seattle Spurs): Hersey Hawkins, Detlef Schempfgh, GP "THE GLOVE"
ECF (Magic): Dennis Scott, NICK "FREETHROWS" ANDERSON, PENNY "OW MY KNEE" HARDAWAY
ECSF (Knicks): Hubert Davis, Derek Harper, JOAWHN STORKS

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1997.html
Finals (Jizz): Shandon Anderson, Howard Eisley, JOHN "30 ASSISTS PER GAME" STOCKTON
ECF (Heat): Voshon Leonard, Dan Majerle, TIM "UTEP 2-STEP" HARDAWAY
ECSF (Hawks): Jon Barry, Steve Smith, MOOKIE "BEST SG IN HAWKS HISTORY" BLAYLOCK

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1998.html
Finals (Jizz): Jeff Hornacek, Byron Russell, JOHN "30 MOVING PICKS PER GAME" STOCKTON
ECF (Pacers): Mark Jackson, Jalen Rose, REGGIE "FUTURE SHITTY ANNOUNCER AND SPONSOR OF SHITTY WEED" MILLER
ECSF (Hornets, sons): BJ Armstrong, Glen Rice, Dell Curry

phxspurfan
12-06-2018, 08:26 PM
Mario 2 floating princess FTW

Arcadian
12-06-2018, 08:50 PM

1. Super Mario Bros
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Super Mario World
4. Super Mario Bros 3
5. Super Mario Galaxy

Yep, Odyssey is excellent, but I actually enjoyed Galaxy 2 more.

1. SMW
2. SMB3
3. SMG2
4. SMO
5. SMB

(:lol thread totally derailed)

ambchang
12-06-2018, 11:39 PM
His image.

DMC
12-07-2018, 01:50 AM
Not his father

LkrFan
12-07-2018, 07:54 AM
HarlemHeat37 can u give this little guy a pat on the head and a little snack? he wants your attention

:lol

phxspurfan
12-07-2018, 03:39 PM
Not his father

damn son

Raven
12-07-2018, 04:47 PM
Nikka getting credit defensivley like he's some generational defensive talent. Lebron is playing in the golden age of freak wings. Lebron-Kawhi-Durant. Who does Jordan defend? Jeff Hornacek and John Starks? Shareef Abdullraheem? Veron Maxwel? :lmao

In his era, most of the talent was inside (Bigs). He spent most of his defense standing around waiting for steals. He's not running around chasing guards like kawhi does or running and chasing guards and wings offball.

Lebron was a far more important and impactful defensive player pre 2013. There is no question.

Its crazy scary. In all sports people unanimously agree that athletes today have better competition, better skillsets. Except basketball. Because apperently improvement in the college and highschool level, accessibility of sports, improvement in nutrition, training, equipment etc all made the modern players worse players.

Its like saying Mario 2 is a better game than mario odyssey in terms pf graphics, much compelx gameplay, sotyrlines etc. :lmao

Nostalgia is really tough to battle.
Soccer has far weakened since the 90s. As a matter of fact, I have to think hard to find a team sport with improved skills, other than the nfl for obvious rule changes...

apalisoc_9
12-07-2018, 05:03 PM
Soccer has far weakened since the 90s. As a matter of fact, I have to think hard to find a team sport with improved skills, other than the nfl for obvious rule changes...

What?

Soccer is better than ever.

:lmao

Mitch
12-07-2018, 05:18 PM
His chip, four times. More than can be said about spurs.

Raven
12-07-2018, 05:32 PM
What?

lol, no.. it's common knowledge..

apalisoc_9
12-07-2018, 06:09 PM
lol, no.. it's common knowledge..

Nostalgia :lmao

Clipper Nation
12-07-2018, 06:22 PM
What?

Still looks like the same old shitty 0-0 ties and flopping to me.

spurraider21
12-07-2018, 07:10 PM
Still looks like the same old shitty 0-0 ties and flopping to me.
well the flopping has certainly advanced quite a bit. can't deny that.

Raven
12-07-2018, 07:43 PM

Nostalgia :lmao

nope, has nothing to do with nostalgia, it's simply a lot less competitive.

Laker_1995
12-07-2018, 08:14 PM
Yep, Odyssey is excellent, but I actually enjoyed Galaxy 2 more.

1. SMW
2. SMB3
3. SMG2
4. SMO
5. SMB

(:lol thread totally derailed)

my nigga

lefty
12-07-2018, 11:50 PM
Vernon Maxwell actually had good games against MJ

TDMVPDPOY
12-08-2018, 12:25 AM
the sgs of the 90s were weakass players, none of them were even top10 which was dominated by bigs...

even that cuck pippen was a pos, overglorified by the success of the bulls, those 2years jordan went away...he was in mvp form, but he played against bs players at his position

FrostKing
12-08-2018, 01:47 AM
Isaiah Rider