PDA

View Full Version : Cunningham and Forbes

RC_Drunkford
12-09-2018, 08:06 PM
With Poeltl and Bertans showing some improvement and Belinelli finding his shot, those are the 2 players who gotta get out of the rotation. Gasol could be out too since Poeltl plays well. If they can get one 3-and-D SF like Ariza or Demarre Carrol and maybe a better guard than Forbes (Lonnie Walker?) this team should be able to sneak into the Playoffs

Robz4000
12-09-2018, 08:11 PM
Forbes is fine in the SL unless the Spurs can actually acquire a legitimate wing defender since he plays well alongside DeRozan; he's just been dogshit the past 6 games or so. If it continues then the Spurs should consider benching.

RC_Drunkford
12-09-2018, 08:27 PM
Forbes is fine in the SL unless the Spurs can actually acquire a legitimate wing defender since he plays well alongside DeRozan; he's just been dogshit the past 6 games or so. If it continues then the Spurs should consider benching.

I'd rather move Mills due to his contract, but they need his leadership :hat:downspin:

RC_Drunkford
12-09-2018, 08:46 PM
I HOPE when and not IF LW5 hits the team those dudes hit the bench or in the case of Cunningham CUT(bring up Ben Moore)

that's what I been saying. Moore can do more than Cunningham. If they could add a 3-and-D wing to those 2 this team could be really good

cjw
12-09-2018, 09:13 PM
With Poeltl and Bertans showing some improvement and Belinelli finding his shot, those are the 2 players who gotta get out of the rotation. Gasol could be out too since Poeltl plays well. If they can get one 3-and-D SF like Ariza or Demarre Carrol and maybe a better guard than Forbes (Lonnie Walker?) this team should be able to sneak into the Playoffs

Ariza already got traded.

But agree a defensive wing is badly badly needed. But not for any future assets.

Dverde
12-09-2018, 09:18 PM
I'd rather move Mills due to his contract, but they need his leadership :hat:downspin:

Leadership is overrated. Eric Snow “led” a team to the finals.

RC_Drunkford
12-09-2018, 09:24 PM
Leadership is overrated. Eric Snow “led” a team to the finals.

Tell that Pop. He won't trade him. I wish he would though

cd021
12-10-2018, 05:03 AM
Ariza already got traded.

But agree a defensive wing is badly badly needed. But not for any future assets.

Ariza hasn't been traded

SpurPadre
12-10-2018, 03:55 PM

In no universe is Forbes fine in the starting lineup. It's a desperation decision because of what happened to Murray but he is definitely one of the worst starting players in the league.

Robz4000
12-10-2018, 04:30 PM
In no universe is Forbes fine in the starting lineup. It's a desperation decision because of what happened to Murray but he is definitely one of the worst starting players in the league.

Cunningham is worse, and there are several teams with worse players starting for them. I know you have an unrelenting hatred for several players, most notably Bonner, but don't let it control you friend.

Kobe'sAchilles
12-10-2018, 04:39 PM
Might as well go all offense at this point so I have no problem with Forbes starting. We need that spacer for our starting line up. Cunningham though needs to get out of our rotation unless we play like the grizzles or one of his old teams

SpurPadre
12-10-2018, 05:15 PM
Cunningham is worse, and there are several teams with worse players starting for them. I know you have an unrelenting hatred for several players, most notably Bonner, but don't let it control you friend.

Look at advanced metrics and you'll see he's a negative for the team and amongst the very worst for a starting player. No one can seriously make the argument he deserves to be a starting player for a team that would like to make the playoffs. But about having an unrelenting hatred for players, aside from Bonner, the only other guys I really hate that have donned Spurs colors are Ayres, Gary Neal, and Forbes. I didn't even hate Jefferson.

TheCerebral1
12-10-2018, 05:35 PM
Cunningham has been a scrub for most of his career. I don't recall a time perhaps since his draft year that people said he had upside. Forbes is a 10-12th bench forward. He's making the most of his minutes so props to him. I'd include him in a trade in a heartbeat if it got us better (see trading: Gasol, Aldridge, Derozan, Mills, etc).

r0drig0lac
12-10-2018, 06:56 PM

really?

Robz4000
12-10-2018, 07:07 PM
really?

The entire Suns roster outside Booker and Ayton is pretty shitty, Bradley for the Clippers has been bad, the Cavs and Bulls are pretty awful top to bottom (outside their top draft picks), and that's just off the top of my head.

Down Under
12-10-2018, 07:08 PM
I like Forbes off the bench where he doesn't have to defend starters. 3 & D Forward is still by far the biggest need IMO.

BackHome
12-10-2018, 11:15 PM
Forbes is great if your tanking so I am OK with him starting as I am on the Tank bandwagon. But next year he needs to be gone with DEROZZ and Walker and Mills we don’t need another SG much less two small defensive liabilities. Appreciate all he has done but there is no need to keep him unless your in tank mode.