PDA

View Full Version : Trade for CoJo?

Fusternino
12-13-2018, 11:52 AM
https://8points9seconds.com/2018/12/12/indiana-pacers-darren-collison-cory-joseph/

He's being shopped right now. Forbes and Marco plus a 2nd round pick for CoJo and Anigbogu?

Kobe'sAchilles
12-13-2018, 12:24 PM
Yes more midgets! That's the answer. Especially midgets who can't shoot.

sammy
12-13-2018, 12:31 PM
I'd take Cojo! He knows the system! He also can defend!

Fusternino
12-13-2018, 12:34 PM
Agreed on defense and more insurance for Murray and Gasol injuries.

SpurPadre
12-13-2018, 12:52 PM
Agreed on defense and more insurance for Murray and Gasol injuries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lypj5YO-Irc

Are you guys in love with the CoJo, tbh?

Dex
12-13-2018, 12:57 PM
I'd take Cojo over Forbes in the starting lineup in a heartbeat.

Dverde
12-13-2018, 01:04 PM
I’d rather give those minutes to Lonnie. We arn’t Winning nothing this year, why trade an asset for a depth upgrade.

stu scotts eye
12-13-2018, 01:14 PM
Cojo all day

SAGirl
12-13-2018, 01:17 PM
Love CoJo. In exchange for a current healthy point guard, sure.

TimmyBuckets
12-13-2018, 01:33 PM
no

NASpurs
12-13-2018, 01:36 PM
Over Forbes? Any day of the week. Where do I sign?

SpurPadre
12-13-2018, 01:38 PM
Would love to have CoJo to dunk on Ibaka when we play KaBitch, tbh.

TheCerebral1
12-13-2018, 02:00 PM
No thanks.

Degoat
12-13-2018, 02:20 PM
Whenever Murray went down I was really hoping we’d make a move for cojo

sammy
12-13-2018, 02:43 PM
I'll always remember we were losing bad to OKC and Cojo dunked on Ibaka! That was badass, I remember all of the team jumping to their feet and I was yelling at home watching! Come home Cojo!

sasaint
12-13-2018, 02:47 PM
Sure, Cojo moves the needle. :lol

Russ
12-13-2018, 02:55 PM
I wouldn't trade Forbes for CoJo straight up (much less with additions).

Mikeanaro
12-13-2018, 03:14 PM
NO!

RC_Drunkford
12-13-2018, 04:11 PM
CoJo and filler for Mills is the only one that makes sense

pad300
12-13-2018, 04:36 PM
I'd do that no problem. It improves us significantly - we upgrade our PG position, and stop playing Beli...
I'd also do Beli + Forbes + 2nd Round pick for Collison.
Don't think Indy would though. Expirings for guaranteed contracts, with the best player going with the expirings? Can't see it...

PS. Drunkford, given how well Mills has played over the last couple or 3 weeks, I can't see Pop moving him (Det Culture!), although it would be a fine salary cap move.

RC_Drunkford
12-13-2018, 04:43 PM
I'd do that no problem. It improves us significantly - we upgrade our PG position, and stop playing Beli...
I'd also do Beli + Forbes + 2nd Round pick for Collison.
Don't think Indy would though. Expirings for guaranteed contracts, with the best player going with the expirings? Can't see it...

PS. Drunkford, given how well Mills has played over the last couple or 3 weeks, I can't see Pop moving him (Det Culture!), although it would be a fine salary cap move.

I said it's the only one that makes sense. Not that Pop makes trades that make sense. 2 different things

dbestpro
12-13-2018, 04:56 PM
I prefer to move DDR to PG duties, and bring in another SF with size that can play defense.

BackHome
12-13-2018, 05:03 PM
Not No But Hell NO.

pad300
12-13-2018, 05:08 PM
I said it's the only one that makes sense. Not that Pop makes trades that make sense. 2 different things

As with the previous, it does not make sense for Indy...

cool cat
12-15-2018, 01:58 AM
Instead of CoJo here is ESPN hot take trade for Spurs PG

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25524321/nba-trades-see-john-wall-markelle-fultz-demar-derozan

The Wall deals
Spurs get: John Wall

Wizards get: Pau Gasol, Dejounte Murray and Lonnie Walker IV

Marc J. Spears: Who could revive Wall as one of the elite NBA point guards? How about Gregg Popovich, who coached Wall on Team USA?

The Spurs are a player away from being scary again, so imagine a lineup with Wall and fellow All-Stars DeMar DeRozan and LaMarcus Aldridge. Behind the Warriors, the West still looks wide open right now. Plus, a small-market San Antonio team would be locking in a star backcourt long term.

On top of moving on from Wall's contract, the Wizards would surround Bradley Beal with a point guard of the future in Murray (once he gets healthy) and another young talent in Walker, a 2018 first-round pick. Gasol would be included for financial reasons and to add some veteran leadership to Washington's locker room.

Fusternino
12-15-2018, 02:01 AM
Garbage trade.

Dancelot
12-15-2018, 02:21 AM

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25524321/nba-trades-see-john-wall-markelle-fultz-demar-derozan

The Wall deals

Marc J. Spears: Who could revive Wall as one of the elite NBA point guards? How about Gregg Popovich, who coached Wall on Team USA?

The Spurs are a player away from being scary again, so imagine a lineup with Wall and fellow All-Stars DeMar DeRozan and LaMarcus Aldridge. Behind the Warriors, the West still looks wide open right now. Plus, a small-market San Antonio team would be locking in a star backcourt long term.

On top of moving on from Wall's contract, the Wizards would surround Bradley Beal with a point guard of the future in Murray (once he gets healthy) and another young talent in Walker, a 2018 first-round pick. Gasol would be included for financial reasons and to add some veteran leadership to Washington's locker room.
Fuck that

sasaint
12-15-2018, 02:27 AM

The Wall deals

ESPN openly pimping for the Wiz :lol

Wall's contract. :wow

JPB
12-15-2018, 03:17 AM

The Wall deals

Marc J. Spears:

The Spurs are a player away from being scary again

Called it on the clippers game thread tbh... Pundits jumping on the spurs bandwagon after just one convincing win... Noone had them making the PO 2 weeks ago...

There's no sport journalism anymore. These guys are even worse than basic fans coverreacting after every game. Zero perspective.

Pop was "a bit overrated" one week ago after those 3 losses... if spurs somehow pile up a few concincing wins, he'll be a genius again...

This was Portland's year 3 weeks ago... They're 7th in the west now, one game away for the spurs.

Fusternino
12-15-2018, 12:18 PM
Called it on the clippers game thread tbh... Pundits jumping on the spurs bandwagon after just one convincing win... Noone had them making the PO 2 weeks ago...

There's no sport journalism anymore. These guys are even worse than basic fans coverreacting after every game. Zero perspective.

Pop was "a bit overrated" one week ago after those 3 losses... if spurs somehow pile up a few concincing wins, he'll be a genius again...

This was Portland's year 3 weeks ago... They're 7th in the west now, one game away for the spurs.

The part that is funniest to me is during every game involving any set of teams the announcers will say "now, here's a team that could win the Finals . . . " and then they end up saying this during every game. Constantly playing both sides.

Sickening.

Seventyniner
12-15-2018, 03:41 PM
The part that is funniest to me is during every game involving any set of teams the announcers will say "now, here's a team that could win the Finals . . . " and then they end up saying this during every game. Constantly playing both sides.

Sickening.

That just means we have a lot of parity in the West beyond the Warriors and Suns. There seem to be fewer truly terrible teams at this point in the season than in past years.

Nivek_ogre
12-15-2018, 06:41 PM

The Wall deals

God damn. What the fuck? Worst shit I've read in a while. Wall is hot garbage. Plays losing basketball