View Full Version : LOL Metu

hater
12-13-2018, 10:50 PM
:lmao worst scrub inthe history of San antonio

:lmao

Get rid of this piece of shit and give some chance to someone else please

Seventyniner
12-13-2018, 10:52 PM
They're force feeding him and he's just vomiting it back up.

Chinook
12-13-2018, 10:53 PM
Should be in Austin. Dude is a decent project, but he's not ready. Also needs to fix that attitude. Way too big of a scrub to be such a black hole. Eubanks should be on the bench until Gasol comes back.

cd021
12-13-2018, 10:54 PM
Yeesh, not a great outing.

NASpurs
12-13-2018, 10:56 PM
He must've had the green light to do that shit because I doubt Pop would had let him stay in the game otherwise.

tbdog
12-13-2018, 10:56 PM
Firstly, he is like the 49th pick in a rookie season. So give the guy a chance.
Secondly, it's laughable that people here wanted him to start.

Chinook
12-13-2018, 10:59 PM
Firstly, he is like the 49th pick in a rookie season. So give the guy a chance.
Secondly, it's laughable that people here wanted him to start.

I had my sights on another player, but I do think Metu could develop well. It's just amazing that some posters and Pop think Metu is a potential SF. I'd trust Cun at the three over him any day.

SpurPadre
12-13-2018, 10:59 PM
:lmao worst scrub inthe history of San antonio

:lmao

Get rid of this piece of shit and give some chance to someone else please

Bonner and Ayres say hi, tbh

ceperez
12-13-2018, 11:03 PM
He needs time in Austin. There's no way he can develop sitting in the bench.

I want him to replace the role that Cunningham plays. That's not too much to ask.

RC_Drunkford
12-13-2018, 11:08 PM
He plays well in the G-League, but is clearly a project. He has an Aldridge type post game with more athleticism and that means there's gonna be a lot of contact and he will match up with stronger and bigger players than he does in the G-League. So having him learn in practice and garbage time makes a lot of sense just to get him used to NBA physicality. PF is his position. Too small for the 5, too slow for the 3

TDMVPDPOY
12-13-2018, 11:11 PM
guys a fkn scrub man, why not give blair some minutes where the spurs need a rebounder who doesnt chuck or take shots away from guys who need touches to get going

metu has found the corporate knowledge to get minutes, wave that fkn towel like that other pos on the spurs after every spurs made play....

SpurPadre
12-13-2018, 11:13 PM
Seriously, why is he still getting a chance and not Walker?

hater
12-13-2018, 11:15 PM
Bonner and Ayres say hi, tbh

Bonner and Ayers are legends next to Metu tbqh

Chinook
12-13-2018, 11:25 PM
Seriously, why is he still getting a chance and not Walker?

Spurs seem desperate to keep their options open with Eubanks and want a big to cover for Gasol. I'd rather seem Ben Moore for a game or two, especially that one game when Cun and Bert were both out.

boutons_deux
12-13-2018, 11:27 PM
Way too big of a scrub to be such a black hole

My guess is that he was trying hard to show something

Chinook
12-13-2018, 11:34 PM
My guess is that he was trying hard to show something

He's been that way in every game, even in Austin and in summer league. He might be eager to show he belongs, but that's still selfish AF.

Atl Spur
12-13-2018, 11:37 PM
To early to tell what he’ll become.......

Kobe'sAchilles
12-13-2018, 11:40 PM
Can you imagine being dumb enough to actually create a thread complaining about him not starting? :lol

Spurs Homer
12-13-2018, 11:48 PM
OP knows zero about this game.

Metu will be a decent NBA player - I would throw him in the rotation right now. I bet if Steve Kerr had him on the warriors he would throw him in as the 8th,9th or 10th man and within a season people would be raising their eyebrows at Metu's potential.

Watch some film of his college days and if you know even a tiny bit about the game you would know he has the tools and just needs some seasoning and within 2-3 seasons of weight room work he may surprise some people.

BackHome
12-14-2018, 12:43 AM
Same dumb asses said White sucks you know who you are. Lol

LCM
12-14-2018, 12:57 AM
Metu needs to be patterning his game after Ibaka. Wouldn't mind him improving his handle like a Siakum to rebound and immediately push to break to dish or finish, but the screening, moving without the ball on the perimeter, the dive to the bucket, and the occasional 3pt shoot that Ibaka is known for, Metu did them too at USC.

JPB
12-14-2018, 01:15 AM
He just needs a metudology.

Dex
12-14-2018, 01:39 AM
Holy shit, this thread is full of bad takes about a guy based on 7 minutes of garbage time basketball.

Can’t say I’m surprised though. A lot of the usual suspects...

SpurPadre
12-14-2018, 01:52 AM
Holy shit, this thread is full of bad takes about a guy based on 7 minutes of garbage time basketball.

He honestly would be much better served in the G League.

SpurPadre
12-14-2018, 01:55 AM
Spurs seem desperate to keep their options open with Eubanks and want a big to cover for Gasol. I'd rather seem Ben Moore for a game or two, especially that one game when Cun and Bert were both out.

Moore should get a shot, too. I'd be really interested to see Metu hone his skills in the G League. I think he'll develop into a useful player eventually...certainly more than a Livio, tbh.

Chinook
12-14-2018, 03:33 AM

Really think this critique is out of place. OP gonna do OP things, but the rest of this thread seems filled with folks essentially saying Chim's not ready. If you also don't think he's ready, then you're just going at people for no reason. Dude looked really bad. Hell, he's looked really bad or at best uninteresting in like 95 percent of his time against NBA players. He had a short stretch where he blocked a guy in transition, and I think another time where he moved his feet well, but the rest has been bad. Should be in Austin. As a late second-rounder, he's not doing anything I wasn't expecting him to do. But the expectations surrounding Metu were often ridiculous.

Duncan87
12-14-2018, 03:47 AM
Thinking his upside is jamychael green would be nice

ragas
12-14-2018, 04:27 AM
omg. 3 weeks ago some people also said all those dumb things about poeltl.

monty4329
12-14-2018, 04:56 AM
He honestly would be much better served in the G League.

In Austin he is just hiding his mistakes with a strong athleticism, he isn't really learning much there. His problem is he doesn't (yet?) know the offensive sets and -even worse- the defensive schemes and rotations. Hopefully he just needs maturing, but it might be he is not such a fast-learner, to put it mildly. Usually Spurs picks have good QI, though.

r0drig0lac
12-14-2018, 05:30 AM
He must've had the green light to do that shit because I doubt Pop would had let him stay in the game otherwise.

obvious

word, this thread does not make sense at all

Strategic
12-14-2018, 06:19 AM
Why is this guy getting PT instead of letting our 5 time all pro burn?

hater
12-14-2018, 07:34 AM
OP knows zero about this game.

Metu will be a decent NBA player - I would throw him in the rotation right now. I bet if Steve Kerr had him on the warriors he would throw him in as the 8th,9th or 10th man and within a season people would be raising their eyebrows at Metu's potential.

Watch some film of his college days and if you know even a tiny bit about the game you would know he has the tools.

College :lmao

Homer would probably also start a tandem of Jimmer and Blair :lmao

hater
12-14-2018, 07:35 AM
Same dumb asses said White sucks you know who you are. Lol

White blows chunks

His ceiling is kyle Anderson

Andreas68
12-14-2018, 08:22 AM
omg. 3 weeks ago some people also said all those dumb things about poeltl.
100% confirm!!! :toast

Truth4sale$
12-14-2018, 08:36 AM
Lay of Metu, he is a young developing player. Temper expectations, this is a learning year.

BackHome
12-14-2018, 08:55 AM
White blows chunks

His ceiling is kyle Anderson

Hater going to Hate

John B
12-14-2018, 10:05 AM
He has a lot of physical tools just need to hone first in Austin. We have a very good young athletic core come next year and should be competitive and a defensive juggernaut DJ, White, LW4, Metu and Poeltl - dang!