PDA

View Full Version : Lakewood Church

lebomb
12-14-2018, 07:54 AM
There are so many thing wrong with this Churches doctrine I dont know where to start. To think people are hungry, homeless, without jobs, sick and unable to leave the house or hospital and are looking for support and help. :depressed

https://www.mysanantonio.com/life/article/lakewood-church-joel-osteen-john-gray-lamborghini-13464093.php#photo-16642025

djohn2oo8
12-14-2018, 08:13 AM
Everybody knows Joel is a fraud. And it was most evident during Harvey when he had to be forced to open his doors

benefactor
12-14-2018, 09:09 AM
lol Christians

clambake
12-14-2018, 09:55 AM
its not a human shelter, its a tax shelter.

Xevious
12-14-2018, 10:12 AM
There's nothing wrong with being wealthy. These people gain wealth through multiple sources - books, tv, etc. But Osteen showed his true colors during Harvey. Why anybody would continue to support that asshole is beyond me.

Blake
12-14-2018, 10:43 AM
There are so many thing wrong with this Churches doctrine I dont know where to start. To think people are hungry, homeless, without jobs, sick and unable to leave the house or hospital and are looking for support and help. :depressed

https://www.mysanantonio.com/life/article/lakewood-church-joel-osteen-john-gray-lamborghini-13464093.php#photo-16642025

Where do you go to church

lebomb
12-14-2018, 12:58 PM
Where do you go to church

Dont have a particular church home. Alot of what I posted is why. I do believe though.

lebomb
12-14-2018, 01:00 PM
There is nothing wrong with a pastor and his clergy making decent money. I get it. BUT!!! When a pastor sells a million dollar house and buys a 10 million dollar house to replace it? Something is kinda wrong. I will leave it at that.

koriwhat
12-14-2018, 01:13 PM
There is nothing wrong with a pastor and his clergy making decent money. I get it. BUT!!! When a pastor sells a million dollar house and buys a 10 million dollar house to replace it? Something is kinda wrong. I will leave it at that.

fuckin truth!

Blake
12-14-2018, 04:30 PM

What's the cutoff salary for you to be right vs wrong?

Will Hunting
12-14-2018, 04:57 PM
I have the same question. It baffles me as to how people who have allegedly given their lives to Jesus make on average almost 2x the median American family.

lebomb
12-14-2018, 08:16 PM

Don’t have a clear number, but I would say anything over 200k a year is excessive. Especially with all of the people praying for hope and financial help, or relief. This is just my opinion of course.

What do you think Blake? You always question but don’t offer a damn thing of value.

Chucho
12-14-2018, 09:21 PM
Don’t have a clear number, but I would say anything over 200k a year is excessive. Especially with all of the people praying for hope and financial help, or relief. This is just my opinion of course.

What do you think Blake? You always question but don’t offer a damn thing of value.

:lol

Xevious
12-14-2018, 09:50 PM

As I said in a previous post, a lot of these mega-church pastors have multiple sources of income. They make what they earn, that's capitalism. And a large income does not mean they don't give generously (though I can't speak for any of them individually). I'm not a church-goer, but I'm not going to begrudge anybody for building wealth.

DMX7
12-14-2018, 11:00 PM
Everybody knows Joel is a fraud. And it was most evident during Harvey when he had to be forced to open his doors

He's running a business. Business is business.

Blake
12-14-2018, 11:50 PM

Why are you getting upset over me questioning your opinion. This is the first time you've ever asked for mine.

I'd say anyone that can legally negotiate a large salary generally deserves it.

I'm with you that Joel is a huge hypocrite but I also see him more as a gifted motivational speaker. If enough people find value in his speeches to give him money to make him rich then so be it. I'm not gonna tell people how to spend their money.

lebomb
12-15-2018, 04:26 PM
Why are you getting upset over me questioning your opinion. This is the first time you've ever asked for mine.

I'd say anyone that can legally negotiate a large salary generally deserves it.

I'm with you that Joel is a huge hypocrite but I also see him more as a gifted motivational speaker. If enough people find value in his speeches to give him money to make him rich then so be it. I'm not gonna tell people how to spend their money.

Finally!!! I do see your point. No one is making them dump their money into Lakewood.